Frustrated with the new update

WOT latest update

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

evoletgrey #1 Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:53 PM

Private

• 13778 battles
  • [-NZS-] -NZS-

Hi every one, I am a long time player of WOT. My first account was in 2012 i think..... and it was hacked. My second account started 2015 or 16. I encountered a lot of changes, updates and upgrades... and the game is getting better and better. Now, I am really, really frustrated with War Gaming latest update.

I don't have my own pc, so every time I played WOT I will go to an internet shop. Now with this latest update, they tried to merge all WG in one account. Now, what really frustrate me is that every time I logged in on my WOT account, it will ask you to install the WG,.....  Before I could easily access my WOT account on any internet shop, now it will consume your 1 hour just to install the game. I wonder if the WG admin consider this issues? Honestly I don't have my pc but i always purchased gold. Maybe it's about time to look for another online games..... I am really really really frustrated ... because I am a loyal customer.

kickim #2 Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:04 AM

First lieutenant

• 54224 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI

I have that problem too as I also play from a LAN shop when I am out-stationed.

There are so many updates that LAN shops can't keep up. I usually have to wait a couple of weeks after a new update before I go to the shop to play, and hope they have done the update. Else, it what OP describes.

Like it or not, the game is not very popular these days and you dun see many ppl play it at LAN shops.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #3 Posted 24 October 2019 - 04:53 PM

Captain

• 45108 battles

i saw ur thread yesterday, i made a 20 lines post but the edit function "swallowed" my reply and i lost all that hard worked reply.

If you google your problem you can find a lot of interesting info of people using external drives to run the game.

I dont know why you cant/dont have a PC, but if you can get a SSD and a good USB cable you might be able to run the game from the SSD drive as long as you manage to link the wot client of the internet cafe computer to the SSD drive. You will also need a good USB port in that computer, the fastest (usb ports have different speeds depending on the computer and the position it is).

So you only need:

-SSD external drive (its slower than SSD integrated to PCI slot, but still is the only and fastest option when it comes to external drives that connect to usb instead of PCI);

-Good USB cable;

-Fastest USB port avaible;

-Find out how to link the internet cafe's wot client to your external portable SSD drive.

-Update the game regurlarly

-Keep in mind that most SSD external drives have short cycle life, which means you will be needing to replace it every year or so depending on how much u play the game.

You can find lots of info on google. Hope it helps.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 24 October 2019 - 04:55 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

evoletgrey #4 Posted 24 October 2019 - 04:54 PM

Private

• 13778 battles
  • [-NZS-] -NZS-
@kickim
Agreed!..... you're right. Even if we're ordinary players, we spend our money to purchased some gold. Now this time they lose money......

Edited by evoletgrey, 24 October 2019 - 04:55 PM.

evoletgrey #5 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:13 PM

Private

• 13778 battles
  • [-NZS-] -NZS-

Edited by evoletgrey, 24 October 2019 - 05:19 PM.

evoletgrey #6 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:17 PM

Private

• 13778 battles
  • [-NZS-] -NZS-

Thanks for the info.... I played WOT only 2-3 hours a day and 2-4 hours during on my day off. In short it's already part of my daily routine. Your suggestions were good, however, I don't have those things that you mentioned like, fastest USB port  etc......  And if the maker of this game really want more players (more money) they should make this game easy to access.... And to think there's a lot of online games now a days. 

Well i think I have to say good bye on WOT.... It's a waste.... I already have Leopard 1, ST1 and Sheridan.... Somehow, I enjoy the game.

Take care people

Edited by evoletgrey, 24 October 2019 - 05:17 PM.

evoletgrey #7 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:19 PM

Private

• 13778 battles
  • [-NZS-] -NZS-

View Postevoletgrey, on 24 October 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

@Namewasstolenstresslevel

Thanks for the info.... I played WOT only 2-3 hours a day and 2-4 hours during on my day off. In short it's already part of my daily routine. Your suggestions were good, however, I don't have those things that you mentioned like, fastest USB port  etc......  And if the maker of this game really want more players (more money) they should make this game easy to access.... And to think there's a lot of online games now a days. 

Well i think I have to say good bye on WOT.... It's a waste.... I already have Leopard 1, ST1 and Sheridan.... Somehow, I enjoy the game.

Take care people

evoletgrey #8 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:20 PM

Private

• 13778 battles
  • [-NZS-] -NZS-

I don't really know what happen, but the above message was mixed up!..... rrrrrrrrr

_Sp4rtacus_ #9 Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:35 AM

Sergeant

• 8762 battles

Block Quote

they tried to merge all WG in one account.

I know someone who has spent thousands on there North american account and WG refuses to transfer this persons Tanks to this persons  Asia account , this person (no its not me btw ha i only started playing March this yr ) has now had enough and stopped playing altogether .

P.S lets not judge someones spending , this post is about WG . (some one above made a great suggestion "  external drives to run the game.  "

I feel your pain but you cant expect lan shops to keep a game updated unless it is played at least weekly i would of thought . Then i dont know how that would work , the lan shop would have to have an account to keep the updates on the PC ? Otherwise they'll wipe all browsing type history off to keep their PC's clean ?

Edited by _Sp4rtacus_, 25 October 2019 - 09:37 AM.

CardinalMite #10 Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:46 AM

Captain

• 29992 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

With some of the new PC/game streaming services starting to come through now then that may be a way to get a decent experience even with a potato pc.

Even some of the input latency issues with these services are largely disappearing now. The only real issue is that it means exchanging one cost for another. Instead of forking out for a good PC you pay a monthly subscription.

But on the other hand you would always have a system that is kept reasonably up to date without forking out $ in upgrades.

Edited by CardinalMite, 25 October 2019 - 09:48 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

kickim #11 Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:54 AM

First lieutenant

• 54224 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI
i will give the portable SSD a try since I have one and dun use it much, see how it goes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users