Is the Manticore disqualified from Ranked Battles?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Vindictus_Maximus #1 Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:09 PM

Corporal

• 5793 battles

KSU98aW.jpg

The Manticore is literally the only tier 10 tank I own. I hope this is an omission.

Napalmer #2 Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:22 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 48132 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

Why do you only own the worst tier 10?

:teethhappy:

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

Vindictus_Maximus #3 Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:20 AM

Corporal

• 5793 battles

View PostNapalmer, on 23 October 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

Why do you only own the worst tier 10?

:teethhappy:

Really?

FsJ2muH.jpg

Noobmeter and most EU streamers will disagree, but I am not here to discuss the pros and cons of the Manticore, I just want to see if one of the admins can confirm if this is an omission, it would be very unfair if the Manticore was the only tier 10 tank disqualified for the  comp.

Ezz #4 Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:28 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69052 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Nice to exclude the rating which compares overall performance of player vs in tank which puts the manticore at the bottom. But regardless, just as you excluded the critical piece of information on how poorly the manitcore is performing, so too did you exclude the part of the image that states 'typical representatives'.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #5 Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:36 AM

Captain

• 29567 battles
I guess that is the Brutal truth.
“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Vindictus_Maximus #6 Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:57 PM

Corporal

• 5793 battles

View PostEzz, on 24 October 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

Nice to exclude the rating which compares overall performance of player vs in tank which puts the manticore at the bottom. 

What are you are you talking about idiot. I have literally no idea dude.  if you want to put these abstract stats up that you are talking about up  and explain what the hell you are talking about, knock yourself out. The Manticore is a good tank, is performing very well, suck it up Ezz and get over it, I just want to know if I can use it for Ranked Battles.

If I cant get answers here, I will place a ticket in to customer support.

Edited by Vindictus_Maximus, 24 October 2019 - 12:58 PM.

Ezz #7 Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:05 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69052 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 24 October 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

What are you are you talking about idiot. I have literally no idea dude.  if you want to put these abstract stats up that you are talking about up  and explain what the hell you are talking about, knock yourself out. The Manticore is a good tank, is performing very well, suck it up Ezz and get over it, I just want to know if I can use it for Ranked Battles.

If I cant get answers here, I will place a ticket in to customer support.

Now now, if you aren't aware of how noobmeter's OP ratings work that's fine. But honestly, ignorance is no excuse for coming across like an angry child. Tho it is amusing nonetheless.

The real easy to understand summary is the OP rating compares players performance in a tank with how well they do overall. Noobmeter groups players into good and bad brackets, and when they have enough numbers it then gives a rating. Eg if you have a bunch of 55%ers overall who only win 50% of their battles in a tank, then it gets a bad OP rating. So in the case of the manticore, the players who are playing it are doing worse than they would in other tanks - and in this case all other tier 10 lights. Hopefully that's simple enough for you to grasp, but if not, i'd be happy to go into more detail with further examples.

And please do put in a ticket to CS. I'm sure they'll enjoy telling you what i did above. But again, maybe you missed that too.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

nev3r #8 Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:45 PM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 6715 battles
  • [WG] WG
Looks like the Manticore was camping in a bush and we didn't see it when preparing the article.
We'll add it to the Tracked Scouts list!

NameWasStolenStresslevel #9 Posted 24 October 2019 - 03:56 PM

Captain

• 42384 battles
I think most of the people who grind to get the manticore are the most hardcore LT players (or LT enthusiasts if you will). Thats why the noobmeter stats are relatively "high". I doubt that most players who play LTs would bother grinding it because they fear it would hurt their LT stats or because they simply think the tank is too shit and WG will eventually buff it which will hurt their overall stats in that tank if they purchase it now. So only unicums, masochists and LT fan boys got it. Thats why the stats are relatively higher than other LTS..

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Ezz #10 Posted 24 October 2019 - 04:14 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69052 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 24 October 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

I think most of the people who grind to get the manticore are the most hardcore LT players (or LT enthusiasts if you will). Thats why the noobmeter stats are relatively "high". I doubt that most players who play LTs would bother grinding it because they fear it would hurt their LT stats or because they simply think the tank is too shit and WG will eventually buff it which will hurt their overall stats in that tank if they purchase it now. So only unicums, masochists and LT fan boys got it. Thats why the stats are relatively higher than other LTS..

Precisely the point, and something we flagged long ago in the brit light thread. Not sure if vindi read that bit. Basically if only good players play a tank then it's not unexpected for stuff like win rate to be decent. It will be interesting to see how he goes however, as someone with so little experience in the upper tiers, i suspect it might be a tough slog for him. But i'm sure WG will be glad at least one person decided the manicure would be worthy of RB.

Edited by Ezz, 24 October 2019 - 04:14 PM.

MagicalFlyingFox #11 Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:35 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 32761 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View Postnev3r, on 24 October 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

Looks like the Manticore was camping in a bush and we didn't see it when preparing the article.

Manticore. So shit and useless that even WG forgot that it even existed.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

CardinalMite #12 Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:39 PM

Captain

• 29567 battles
They probably didn't believe anyone would try playing it in RB.
“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #13 Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:41 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 76304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 24 October 2019 - 10:50 PM.

How to solve all problems once and for all with just 3 lines of code:

if ( battle_type = CW | RB | SH ) {

mod_folder.disable

}

Vindictus_Maximus #14 Posted 26 October 2019 - 08:01 AM

Corporal

• 5793 battles

View Postnev3r, on 24 October 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

Great, thanks nev3r!

Vindictus_Maximus #15 Posted 26 October 2019 - 08:23 AM

Corporal

• 5793 battles

View PostEzz, on 24 October 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Precisely the point, and something we flagged long ago in the brit light thread. Not sure if vindi read that bit. Basically if only good players play a tank then it's not unexpected for stuff like win rate to be decent. It will be interesting to see how he goes however, as someone with so little experience in the upper tiers, i suspect it might be a tough slog for him. But i'm sure WG will be glad at least one person decided the manicure would be worthy of RB.

Actually nobody really knows how any of the non-reward tanks will go.  As far as the tracked LTs go however, earning points is quite clear: Spotting / spotting assist while being unspotted / deal damage while spotting your own damage, so you need a tank withe great camo and viewrange and gun.

The Manticore is the stealthiest tank available (mine has camo about the same as the EVEN 90 with same tiny profile) has excellent viewrange ( mine is 527) and a great gun that shoots high velocity/high pen/high alpha APCR rounds

The T100LT has worse camo, bigger profile, terrible gun depression and absolutely horrible low pen/low velocity/low alpha premium rounds. (Manticore shells - 268pen / 1375ms shell velocity /390 alpha ::: T-100 248pen / 790ms shell velocity lol / 300 alpha )

The question is how well will the tracked LTs in general will do in Ranked Battles. But under the current points system, the Manticore is easily the best option out of all of them.

Edited by Vindictus_Maximus, 26 October 2019 - 08:28 AM.

Vindictus_Maximus #16 Posted 26 October 2019 - 08:32 AM

Corporal

• 5793 battles

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 24 October 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

I think most of the people who grind to get the manticore are the most hardcore LT players 

If you look at the chart I supplied, the Manticore is the 3rd most played vehicle - even though it is only a patch old and many have not grinded it yet. It is popular because it fills the stealth role that none of the other LTs can offer. Why is the EVEN90 so popular? Because the stealth tanks are incredibly fun to play.

Second best performing LT after the EBR, best performing T10 tracked LT currently in the game....

Edited by Vindictus_Maximus, 26 October 2019 - 08:33 AM.

CardinalMite #17 Posted 26 October 2019 - 10:00 AM

Captain

• 29567 battles

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 26 October 2019 - 12:23 AM, said:

Actually nobody really knows how any of the non-reward tanks will go.  As far as the tracked LTs go however, earning points is quite clear: Spotting / spotting assist while being unspotted / deal damage while spotting your own damage, so you need a tank withe great camo and viewrange and gun.

The Manticore is the stealthiest tank available (mine has camo about the same as the EVEN 90 with same tiny profile) has excellent viewrange ( mine is 527) and a great gun that shoots high velocity/high pen/high alpha APCR rounds

The T100LT has worse camo, bigger profile, terrible gun depression and absolutely horrible low pen/low velocity/low alpha premium rounds. (Manticore shells - 268pen / 1375ms shell velocity /390 alpha ::: T-100 248pen / 790ms shell velocity lol / 300 alpha )

The question is how well will the tracked LTs in general will do in Ranked Battles. But under the current points system, the Manticore is easily the best option out of all of them.

You certainly are very good at cherry picking your tank specifications and conveniently disregarding those that run counter to your argument.

Base camo is virtually identical between the 2, calling it an advantage of the Manticore is a bit disingenuous. 

But you forgot to mention.

1. The T100 LT actually has some significant turret armour.

2. Over twice the ammo capacity. 20 rounds is a serious limitation even with the low rate of fire because you can't effectively mix ammo loadout.

3. Better shell velocity.

4. Massively better on the move and turret traverse bloom values, so good in fact that this is one of the few  tanks that dropping vert stabs is an option and running vents+ optics becomes a thing.

5.You rightly point out the Manticore has much better gun depression but you fail to mention it has awful gun elevation, a stat that impacts play more than many people give credit for. 7° better for the T100 LT. 

6. T100 LT IS faster and has better power to weight.

7. More health.

8. Much better tank and turret traverse / sec.

But aside from these minor ommissions you almost nailed the comparison. 

Edited by CardinalMite, 26 October 2019 - 10:02 AM.

FeeTFooD #18 Posted 26 October 2019 - 05:19 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 27215 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 26 October 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

If you look at the chart I supplied, the Manticore is the 3rd most played vehicle - even though it is only a patch old and many have not grinded it yet. It is popular because it fills the stealth role that none of the other LTs can offer. Why is the EVEN90 so popular? Because the stealth tanks are incredibly fun to play.

Second best performing LT after the EBR, best performing T10 tracked LT currently in the game....

People are playing it because it is new, once the novelty drops of people will stop using it, and as more people grind it the win% will drop. 

kilig ako

Vindictus_Maximus #19 Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:12 AM

Corporal

• 5793 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 26 October 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

You certainly are very good at cherry picking your tank specifications and conveniently disregarding those that run counter to your argument.

Base camo is virtually identical between the 2, calling it an advantage of the Manticore is a bit disingenuous. 

But you forgot to mention.

1. The T100 LT actually has some significant turret armour.

2. Over twice the ammo capacity. 20 rounds is a serious limitation even with the low rate of fire because you can't effectively mix ammo loadout.

3. Better shell velocity.

4. Massively better on the move and turret traverse bloom values, so good in fact that this is one of the few  tanks that dropping vert stabs is an option and running vents+ optics becomes a thing.

5.You rightly point out the Manticore has much better gun depression but you fail to mention it has awful gun elevation, a stat that impacts play more than many people give credit for. 7° better for the T100 LT. 

6. T100 LT IS faster and has better power to weight.

7. More health.

8. Much better tank and turret traverse / sec.

But aside from these minor ommissions you almost nailed the comparison. 

So there you go, Pros and cons to both tanks, depends on your preferred playstyle which one you want to play.

As far as ranked battles go and in general,, the weak premium rounds and poor gun depression of the T100 is a dealbreaker for me. 

southerner #20 Posted 27 October 2019 - 12:33 PM

Captain

• 18542 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostEzz, on 24 October 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

Nice to exclude the rating which compares overall performance of player vs in tank which puts the manticore at the bottom. But regardless, just as you excluded the critical piece of information on how poorly the manitcore is performing, so too did you exclude the part of the image that states 'typical representatives'.

I can see a time with manticor sales plummeting, well really the whole british light tank line after tier 5 that WG will have to go back to the drawing board. This line has a really bad rap. So put it this way i wont be buying any in their current configeration.

The word is out..... they are shite.

Edited by southerner, 27 October 2019 - 12:34 PM.

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users