Ranked battles - just my take

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Puggsley #21 Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:18 AM

Captain

• 72952 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostProfanisaurus, on 30 October 2019 - 07:01 AM, said:

I was astonished by how many seriously bad players from ANZ were bashing around in tier 10 in HK pubs last night. Was sure they would all be playing ranked but nope, a sea of 47%ers.

From which i mined a 279 mission :)

Puggsley #22 Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:27 AM

Captain

• 72952 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 30 October 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

Why no Prok? Simple

Draw counts as a lose on both sides

The net Chevron is at 0.133 per battle right now, if you add one draw every 5 games the net will be -0.0133333 i.e. majority of people won't get past rank 1

People wasting 15 minutes pots calling kettles black for camping lol

Net chevrons a player will see is higher than just 0.133

You are not taking into account the bonus battle multipliers, nor the effect of the "Can't Loose this rank" which both have a positive impact on the chevron earn and progression. 

Also need to take into account the likelihood of draws, but based on the RB I've played there seems to be bugger all chance of that happening! 

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #23 Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:28 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostCardinalMite, on 30 October 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

1. Only of use if there is something worth buying with bonds. This is where I get told to join a clan and play clan wars purely to then blow it on an auction.

2. I have been interested in the 50t since it was announced as one of the 2 possible rewards for either Ranked battles or Frontline. If it had been the FL reward I would not have even bothered playing ranked at all.

Problem is at the time FL started it was unknown what the reward tank would be. The AE phase 1 that I earned has almost no interest to me so.... yeah. 

In any fair world we would have been able to pick the tier reward tank out of the two just like Clan wars rewards are a choice. But WG have never been interested in a fair world.

Lol fair, if I knew episode 5 onwards is double XP I would have played, so fair.

Type 4 Medium Tank Chi-To

CardinalMite #24 Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:05 PM

Captain

• 30836 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Yeah ever since they had easy missions that gave like 10 prestige boosters for free, the FL grind has dropped way down. I have a sneaking suspicion they will make the prestige XP requirements higher next time to "encourage people to buy boosters."

Grinding ranked is so much worse in comparison.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

CardinalMite #25 Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:11 PM

Captain

• 30836 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 30 October 2019 - 01:28 AM, said:

Why no Prok? Simple

Draw counts as a lose on both sides

The net Chevron is at 0.133 per battle right now, if you add one draw every 5 games the net will be -0.0133333 i.e. majority of people won't get past rank 1

People wasting 15 minutes pots calling kettles black for camping lol

I think the chances of a draw are somewhere between 0 and bugger all regardless of map. Sure people will camp but the blob charge meta will easily counteract that. Even if the blob charge fails then the team that didn't will go into "mine! Mine! Mine!" Mode and counter charge to mop up.

And yeah your chevron calculation misses a few factors others have already mentioned.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #26 Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:36 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
You would have thought that the best way to encourage playing to win is to reward winning

kickim #27 Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:26 PM

First lieutenant

• 54793 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI

View PostCardinalMite, on 30 October 2019 - 04:11 AM, said:

I think the chances of a draw are somewhere between 0 and bugger all regardless of map. Sure people will camp but the blob charge meta will easily counteract that. Even if the blob charge fails then the team that didn't will go into "mine! Mine! Mine!" Mode and counter charge to mop up.

And yeah your chevron calculation misses a few factors others have already mentioned.

yeah, the counter charge is real... when they smell blood...wow campers sprint for the finish line...lol

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #28 Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:24 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Weirdest non-meta tanks that you brought and found effective:

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 30 October 2019 - 10:53 PM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #29 Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:34 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

We have people in 1st Div already

Who was saying 3 hours a day isn't enough

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #30 Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:00 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

All he managed to do is push me out of my sniping bush

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #31 Posted 31 October 2019 - 08:48 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

At least in the near future we won't have to worry about bad players not quitting

He was complaining about how bad his team is both battles. And lowest XP both battles.

skinnyhomer #32 Posted 02 November 2019 - 09:05 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 51635 battles

I am finding it incredibly frustrating, it's 1 step forward, 2 steps back, 3 forward, then back.  Mediums and lights who sit behind the TD's, heavies going where the mediums go, mediums not contesting the points at the beginning of the game that even the worst pubs players know to go to. Plus the guys who intentionally block your shots, sigh.
If you get a good team they steam roller the opposition, if you're on the bad team (usually 5 games in a row) you get gang banged at the end.  Or you take the Maus out for a run and you get Redshire north spawn and you can't get into a position that allows to play effectively.  WG needs to fix those quirks that give a map such a strong advantage, they haven't exactly stuck to realism when it comes to the tanks, so why worry about it with the maps, game play before realism.

I really want to like this mode, but I am becoming despondent and failing to find it much fun at all.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #33 Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:05 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Some videos on evolution while we wait for the ceasefire...

This one explains how small changes to an environment can result in big changes to the meta

This one explains why people tend to move towards scumbag behavior (jump to 12 min mark for when Hawk:Hawk does not result in 0 payout)

Also explains why a team loses if there are too many hawks and not enough doves e.g. a team full of WN8 padders

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 02 November 2019 - 11:10 PM.

CardinalMite #34 Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:42 AM

Captain

• 30836 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

So after a subjective glacial ice age, finally managed to get to the protected rank 7.

The amount of times I was 1 chevron away then lose 2 or 3 matches in a row. Truly can be a bit disheartening. 

Burning through credits a bit also as I ran out of large repair kits.. 

The match maker seems to be losing the plot in a way that it wasn't quite so much when ranked started. Stuff like 2 chieftains and an obj 279e on one side and Type 5 or Maus plus wz111-1-5 & IS7 on the other.

May not get much opportunities to play this week and if I do get to play I may need to run some random battles with premiums just to generate some credits. Yay.

Still find the meta unpleasant but I am slowly figuring out how to not completely suck, so there's that.

AlexTheKid72 #35 Posted 03 November 2019 - 02:40 AM

Sergeant

• 25879 battles
  • [REIGN] REIGN

View PostCardinalMite, on 03 November 2019 - 12:42 AM, said:

The match maker seems to be losing the plot in a way that it wasn't quite so much when ranked started. Stuff like 2 chieftains and an obj 279e on one side and Type 5 or Maus plus wz111-1-5 & IS7 on the other.

At the start there wasn't any Maus' and Type 5's in the queue to put against Cheftains.
You have discovered why the matchmaking algorithm is patented. 
I would bet the enemy teams in these "almost at 7 chevrons" games were in 279's etc on 0 or 1 chevron, or just locked in 7 themselves - guaranteeing you an important loss and them a meh win lol. Yes, tinfoil.

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 03 November 2019 - 02:42 AM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #36 Posted 03 November 2019 - 03:52 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Looks like it is true that as time passes it becomes easier as those without Chieftains climb up the ranks

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #37 Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:46 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Don't. Bring. Batchat.

CardinalMite #38 Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:20 PM

Captain

• 30836 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 02 November 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

At the start there wasn't any Maus' and Type 5's in the queue to put against Cheftains.
You have discovered why the matchmaking algorithm is patented. 
I would bet the enemy teams in these "almost at 7 chevrons" games were in 279's etc on 0 or 1 chevron, or just locked in 7 themselves - guaranteeing you an important loss and them a meh win lol. Yes, tinfoil.

Nah I don't buy that. It's just MM RNG plus the fact that WG is more interested in forming quick battles than ensuring balance of tank types.

Of course if they actually balanced the damn tanks properly in the first place then it would not matter that a Chieftain is basically the same MM weight as a  T110e5.

AKASHA178 #39 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:31 PM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 40431 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

sea server skilled players :child: always amaze me, look at the mini map:deer: to get illuminated :teethhappy: (i use spg due to ping, playing from Germany :hiding::bush:

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #40 Posted 05 November 2019 - 01:38 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Asia server is weird.

Like this guy, "Hey I managed to complete all my personal missions hey I have no idea how armor works let me tilt my 279e so it is easier for you to shoot"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users