Ranked battles - just my take

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

DeL_UwU #61 Posted 20 November 2019 - 12:30 PM

Private

• 1546 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

if you are implying #1 guys was cheating,

I have played with him for 2 years now 100% legit, Sorry People are just better then you

Ezz #62 Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:02 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDeL_luvs_FL, on 20 November 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

if you are implying #1 guys was cheating,

I have played with him for 2 years now 100% legit, Sorry People are just better then you

I think hopey was noting that it was odd that a 50%er would dominate ranked.

I guess having a 279 and chieftain will help tho.

Edited by Ezz, 20 November 2019 - 01:47 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #63 Posted 21 November 2019 - 01:20 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79354 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
U sure it isn't his T-22 medium that is OP

Type 4 Medium Tank Chi-To

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #64 Posted 16 March 2020 - 06:38 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79354 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Season 2:

The lack of EBR in this mode (around one every few games) this early in the meta is yet again a testament of how this mode is not about winning. Since clearly the "OMG WHEELIES TOO STRONK PLS NERF" is not causing them high usage here.

Or maybe it was like this all along just I didn't notice last season due to spamming EBR.

Ezz #65 Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:42 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's because they changed the ebr MM just for this season.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

WarMongeringFishMonger #66 Posted 16 March 2020 - 10:32 PM

Winner Winner chicken Lover

• 30129 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 16 March 2020 - 06:38 PM, said:

Season 2:

The lack of EBR in this mode (around one every few games) this early in the meta is yet again a testament of how this mode is not about winning. Since clearly the "OMG WHEELIES TOO STRONK PLS NERF" is not causing them high usage here.

Or maybe it was like this all along just I didn't notice last season due to spamming EBR.

Well WG said Wheelie will be matched with another Wheelie but no idea if this match was an exception.

Ezz #67 Posted 16 March 2020 - 10:38 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Out of curiosity is the qualification queue separate from the divisional one? Numbers seemed to drop way off and not sure if it's because the pubbies have already given up or just that not many have finished qual yet.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #68 Posted 16 March 2020 - 11:23 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79354 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Personally I stopped after finishing qual.

Need to wait for the 3 MoE players to climb higher up the ladder first.

View PostWarMongeringFishMonger, on 16 March 2020 - 10:32 PM, said:

Well WG said Wheelie will be matched with another Wheelie but no idea if this match was an exception.

As I was already saying, there is a lack of scout tanks this season. At least among the hardcore players. So the MM cannot work properly.

I mean, who would want to play a tank that often gets bottom 5 XP during a win and a guaranteed Chevron loss during a defeat? At least arties get to keep their Chevs on a loss.

Ezz #69 Posted 17 March 2020 - 05:43 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Because it's fun. Ranked would do your head in if you were try harding it.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #70 Posted 17 March 2020 - 05:59 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79354 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

If my math works correctly, you get 1 XP for every hit or arty splash received.

What's the point of stopping an enemy lemmingtrain so you team's can win?

But doubt they will be changing to winning-based RB anytime soon.

Oh and in case you're wondering why so little damage, that lemming consisted of 279 and at least 2 Chieftains + a whole lot more. That's why it became a HE fight midway.

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 17 March 2020 - 06:07 PM.

Ezz #71 Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:20 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
No point. Just yolo in an EBR... my first two chevrons tonight... losing teams. Le sigh.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #72 Posted 17 March 2020 - 08:51 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79354 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Yea EBR is good for the current meta

That 1.1k battle is due to the other team not having EBR

Now look at the map and let that sink in

Spoiler

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #73 Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:53 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79354 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

CelestiaLudenberg #74 Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:46 AM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 23594 battles
  • [FLSBK] FLSBK

View PostHoPeY_, on 30 October 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

Not the reward tank you should be after, it's the bonds.

The reward tank is the only reason I am playing, I don't need bonds, same reason I even touch FL.

>When I hear a 4 door 20e auto 33 going WADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA in the rain

Ezz #75 Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:07 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Shame there's no hype being built for the tank. I have a bad feeling they haven't really put much effort into balancing it. But I guess we'll see in a couple weeks.

CardinalMite #76 Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:05 AM

Captain

• 30851 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Yeah, I really am not a fan of try hard tier 10 meta, I am gritting my teeth through it for the reward tank, but I am not sure whether it is worth it. Like Ezz mentioned, there doesn't seem to have been any hype, adjustment of balance or information in general on this reward tank since the beginning...

The problem with Ranked isn't so much that it is hard/highly competitive.... It's more that the correct meta for this mode, just isn't very enjoyable. 

I think it is the view range saturation that really kills it  for me rather than the woeful balance (although that doesn't help).

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

Ezz #77 Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:13 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Part of the issue with view range is that the game and people's crews are pretty developed at this stage - especially in their preferred 10s and 8 prems. With things like sit awareness and recon usually coming after a few other skills there's been a gradual vision creep as a result. When once you might see a few people with SA now i'd guess there are plenty of people with both. Hell there was even a time when some people didn't have SS... (ahh the BBs...)

That and in ranked you don't meet the numpties who are clueless about vision as you do in the lower tiers. People know the vision lanes. People know the bushes. Vision play is simply that much harder.

As to the tank... 320 alpha with low dpm... on a 105mm. Literally all they needed to do to bring it in line would be to give it 360 alpha as with most other 105s. Reload could remain the same and the dpm would be pretty close to class standard (2900). Even 360 could make it viable (2700) ... but 320... oof 2400 on a 9. C.f. 55a with a smidge over 3k. Its armor or mobility or something would want to be good. I just hope it's not another AE1 that is basically a shitter conq with a free large repair kit.

Edit: did they change the reload? Just checked the in game stats and using rammer and food it looks to have been bumped up a smidge. It's now looking like about 2800 which is only a tad below the leo pta and e50 and only a couple hundred below the 55a. Still low alpha and meh dpm on a sniper is not a great recipe. The 430.2 has about 300 better dpm but low alpha and it's not like those run rampant. Mobility looks meh but haven't seen the ground resistances, and soft stats are an unknown. VR and camo look good however. I'd still prefer it with more alpha even if they left the same DPM. Ie 390 then tone down the reload a bit.

Edited by Ezz, 18 March 2020 - 09:40 AM.

CardinalMite #78 Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:40 AM

Captain

• 30851 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

What I have never really understood about view range is why it should go up so significantly just because tanks are higher tier.

All the tanks in this game rely for vision on non-image enhanced mechanisms. No night vision, infra-red, no radar, nothing  other than glass optics.

So while you could argue that there might be some improvement as you get to more modern tanks, due to better glass optics; fundamentally for situational awareness we are talking about the  mk1 eyeball and perhaps factor in the height of the tank.

Then you just add on crew skills, Optics and/or Binocs (if fitted).

There really is no good reason for tier 10 tanks to have  much better view range than say tier 6 or 7. Especially given the maps don't get bigger with higher tiers particularly. 

WG should calculate tank view range taking into account all the skills that could then be added and nerf it across all the  higher tiers except for tanks that actually are designed to scout.

Wheelies may then need some further nerfage otherwise it would be an indirect buff to them to have other tank classes view range nerfed.

This would make non- wheelie high tier light tanks more relevant again.

Edited by CardinalMite, 18 March 2020 - 10:41 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #79 Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:58 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79354 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
Imagine you can only spot a wheelie at 250m and he just zooms past u...

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #80 Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:38 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79354 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Random 3/18 stuff:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic