Signs that the game is about to end or in its last stage before ending?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

NameWasStolenStresslevel #1 Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:30 AM

Captain

• 45103 battles

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/halloween-status-update/

I watch alot of Yongyea videos. He is famous for making criticism about P2W games, lootboxes and microtransactions. One thing that stand out on his videos is that most of the games he narrated the death of, lost its playerbase before, during or after his videos commenting about the game company failing to deliver "special schedule" events such as halloween events or important competitions like ranked battles.

I am not a hardcore gamer, i used to play only wot, but i watch yt channels about gaming, and i know events such as Halloween are pretty commom in these games, however its not normal for a company failing to deliver these events.

Wargaming claims in its website on the page about the halloween status update (link above) that they didnt want to deliver a bad experience. However we all know wargaming also is the same company that tends to deliver tanks without proper balance. So was the Halloween event so badly planned to the point it was worse planned than the development of other ingame features we all know was not perfectly "planned" (to replace the word "intended" ).

I need to ask a honest opinion of the community if this game is going to die and if not "if" but "when", when its going to die.

I admit havent played the game much after a total fail weekend last week (ended the weekend with around 55%wr in 200 battles...). I dont wanna blame anyone but myself, i was always totally against people who blame their teams isntead of blaming themselves. However i admit i havent been able to do much for the team in matches that last less than 5 minutes. I dont know whats going on, i just hate platoons and hate the state of new players playing tier 8 right now. I know i should carrry harder, but i never said i am a good player, i am always trying hard and goign for important "assassinations" of certain higher tier tanks (depending of the situation) instead of damage farming, and yet its too hard for me to do anything in 5 minutes battles, everyone just go one side and die quickly anyway (i recall the teams usually do this but didnt die so quickly like they are doing now).. I might be living on the "bad stage" of the 33/33/33 rule i know, but its annoying and its pushing me away from the game. 

Now the news about the halloween cancelled. THIS IS THE SECOND IMPORTANT EVENT CANCELLED, and halloween event is WORLD WIDE cancellesd. Something is smelling bad, i have seen this before on the YongYea channel. Games that he mentioned with these problems have DIED already. Should i keep playing this game or planning on buying end of year christmas boxes? Are the matches ending in 5 minutes for everyone? Does events such as halloween being cancelled means that things are pretty bad for WG???

Thx for anyone who read this, i am namewasstolenstresslevel and i plan on changing my name to see if helps to change bad lucky or some strange focus i been getting.

thx and good weekend.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 01 November 2019 - 01:14 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

jumphonner #2 Posted 01 November 2019 - 05:30 AM

First lieutenant

• 57304 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 01 November 2019 - 02:30 AM, said:

I need to ask a honest opinion of the community if this game is going to die and if not "if" but "when", when its going to die.

Soon.

You only have to look at the numbers online. There were around 500 on the ANZ server last night at 8pm and it didnt climb much higher. I could only get games at T4 and T5.

There were only about 6500 online on HK at the same time.

Both these numbers are about half what they were only earlier in the year..

Anyways, I have sold over 40 of my premium tanks, converted them to credits and I'll drain them over the next 700 odd days that I have premium time left. I suspect that I wont get to use that premium time because the server will die first.

Infamous BOT, Seal Clubber, Stat Padder, Skrublord and  1AR Untermenschen. Mates of the Corrupt and The Sage of Asia ™.

2 MoE: KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU100, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

Occasionally seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard

Muted till 15 March 2020 for spam.

Ezz #3 Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:07 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 70528 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

To be fair with ranked on I suspect there's even less reason to use anz.

It won't die soon, tho one suspects wg might need a refresh of whoever is running the wot show as lately it's felt very poorly thought out, with lots of holes in the planning and mishaps in the implementation.

That being said another sign for you long name is how many micro patches they need these days. Their execution appears more like a game of whinnie the pooh band aids.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

southerner #4 Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:29 AM

Captain

• 20895 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE
Well, IF numbers are falling in countries around the pacific rim, nz, aus, japan, USA, south america et all. Then maybe WG's answer would be to put in a super server right in the middle. Where ?, Hawaii, at least that would keep the numbers up and the game would live for longer. The game could have 2 other super,servers. Atlantic rim and Russian Federation, just with the servers being in a central location in those areas. 
indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

HoPeY_ #5 Posted 01 November 2019 - 08:38 AM

Major

• 103340 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-
Server in Guam soon.

wasaabi #6 Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:28 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22664 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostHoPeY_, on 01 November 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

Server in Guam soon.

Guam would be good.  US base there means good connectivity.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #7 Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:49 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 78285 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
Wonder how does games like CS and DotA and Fortnite keep their numbers... they don't even have grinds

Off by 1 XPG...

Wolvenworks #8 Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:02 PM

Member of the No Gold Shell Party.

• Beta-Tester
  • 13928 battles

[rant warning]

IMO the low player pop in asia can be broken down to these causes:

1) a COMPLETE LACK of advertising. best you'd get is the occasional ad on YT or something. that's clearly not enough at this point

2) unlike EU, RU, or NA, SEA region (that means not including the ozzies and kiwis) do not have a tank as part of their popular culture. nor do we have even a decent army museum that is widely known throughout the region (eg: Tank Museum, UK). we have no annual international events related to tanks (eg: Tankfest), so the issue of WG trying to make any event becomes harder, especially since these events can greatly help with promoting WG games.

3) competitive WoT is very limited to WGL. some well-publicized tourneys would be helpful, but Wot has a chronic shortage of that. in the opinion that a drastic overhaul of competitive rules is needed. i happen to have a draft for a more active and competitive ruleset but in order for it to work we really need more small maps like Ensk (600x600m). one thing i have noted is that big maps that are hard to traverse with slow tanks (eg: Overlord), coupled with slow tanks like most HTs (especially superheavies) and brawler TDs (ferdi, AT 15, both versions of T28 etc) results in VERY SLOW and non-exciting combat. my prototype ruleset basically forces players to only use fast tanks like MTs and LTs in order to force a more fluid and active battle since you can't just hunker down into O-Hos slugging HEs on a corner (what actually happened when i was part of a WoT tourney committee in indonesia. ppl only came for the big cannon BOOOMs, not for WoT).

4) SEA market is heavily dominated by the mobile market. WG may have mobile versions of WoT and warships, but it's still could not compete with other trending games like ML. again, also lack of promotion.

5) VERY INTENSE competition from other more established games. WG SG has proven itself to struggle really hard or completely incapable at attracting and retaining new AND old players. there's no point in trying to grow the pop with new players if there's equal or more amount of old players leaving the game. i myself have gone to a semi-active mode. that's why you rarely see me around these days. lucky you.

note that for those who have been observant enough to read thru any of my rants regarding this, i am basically saying the same thing i have been talking about for the last few years concerning the low player pop. i am still pointing out the same issues because WG has yet to attempt to actually do anything about things like improved promotions. the situation has stagnated to the point that the player pop isn't improving in a positive manner. i still believe that SEA is an untapped goldmine for game devs, and many actual game devs can attest to that potential, so it is still amusing how WG has done a very good job at keeping a low profile instead of promoting their games

overall a combination of lack of player retention, advertising and fierce competition from other games is causing the current player shortage. Wot in overall is still a pretty low-profile game, especially in asia where tanks are not as appreciated as in the west. perhaps something like a tank musume manga would help in popularizing tanks? something like a tank equivalent of kancolle?

Edited by Wolvenworks, 14 November 2019 - 07:09 PM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #9 Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:06 AM

Captain

• 45103 battles

View PostWolvenworks, on 14 November 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

[rant warning]

IMO the low player pop in asia can be broken down to these causes:

1) a COMPLETE LACK of advertising. best you'd get is the occasional ad on YT or something. that's clearly not enough at this point

2) unlike EU, RU, or NA, SEA region (that means not including the ozzies and kiwis) do not have a tank as part of their popular culture. nor do we have even a decent army museum that is widely known throughout the region (eg: Tank Museum, UK). we have no annual international events related to tanks (eg: Tankfest), so the issue of WG trying to make any event becomes harder, especially since these events can greatly help with promoting WG games.

3) competitive WoT is very limited to WGL. some well-publicized tourneys would be helpful, but Wot has a chronic shortage of that. in the opinion that a drastic overhaul of competitive rules is needed. i happen to have a draft for a more active and competitive ruleset but in order for it to work we really need more small maps like Ensk (600x600m). one thing i have noted is that big maps that are hard to traverse with slow tanks (eg: Overlord), coupled with slow tanks like most HTs (especially superheavies) and brawler TDs (ferdi, AT 15, both versions of T28 etc) results in VERY SLOW and non-exciting combat. my prototype ruleset basically forces players to only use fast tanks like MTs and LTs in order to force a more fluid and active battle since you can't just hunker down into O-Hos slugging HEs on a corner (what actually happened when i was part of a WoT tourney committee in indonesia. ppl only came for the big cannon BOOOMs, not for WoT).

4) SEA market is heavily dominated by the mobile market. WG may have mobile versions of WoT and warships, but it's still could not compete with other trending games like ML. again, also lack of promotion.

5) VERY INTENSE competition from other more established games. WG SG has proven itself to struggle really hard or completely incapable at attracting and retaining new AND old players. there's no point in trying to grow the pop with new players if there's equal or more amount of old players leaving the game. i myself have gone to a semi-active mode. that's why you rarely see me around these days. lucky you.

note that for those who have been observant enough to read thru any of my rants regarding this, i am basically saying the same thing i have been talking about for the last few years concerning the low player pop. i am still pointing out the same issues because WG has yet to attempt to actually do anything about things like improved promotions. the situation has stagnated to the point that the player pop isn't improving in a positive manner. i still believe that SEA is an untapped goldmine for game devs, and many actual game devs can attest to that potential, so it is still amusing how WG has done a very good job at keeping a low profile instead of promoting their games

overall a combination of lack of player retention, advertising and fierce competition from other games is causing the current player shortage. Wot in overall is still a pretty low-profile game, especially in asia where tanks are not as appreciated as in the west. perhaps something like a tank musume manga would help in popularizing tanks? something like a tank equivalent of kancolle?

i feel like we are getting more players than when i started this game years ago. Everyday these last few weeks players have been reaching around 12k-13k during 2-3hours (7-10pm) specially in the weekends. Cant remmeber what was the average players back few years ago per day, but i start having latency issues due to the number of players which i didnt have years ago (the server was still singaporean tho).

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Wolvenworks #10 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:12 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 13928 battles

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 16 November 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

i feel like we are getting more players than when i started this game years ago. Everyday these last few weeks players have been reaching around 12k-13k during 2-3hours (7-10pm) specially in the weekends. Cant remmeber what was the average players back few years ago per day, but i start having latency issues due to the number of players which i didnt have years ago (the server was still singaporean tho).

the peak was 25k about 5 years ago. currently all servers combined peak at an anemic 12k. we've technically lost half our playerbase. in short, we've lost more than we gained. as for connecting issues, normally i don't have any issues with the HK connection...except today. for some reason, double the ping today. i'm not interested in 200ms PVP right now.

Ezz #11 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:16 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 70528 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Must be the font doing it.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

s70blackhawk #12 Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:07 PM

Even salt looks like sugar

• 22733 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

Looks like my signature block that I predicted all that time ago is going to come to fruition. Meh... it was a good run. WG didn't listen to the anti P2W and clan wars debates. Just listened to the self appointed elite and look where we are. As an ex-player, I can say that nothing is still being done about enticing players to stick around, or start the game.

New Player: loads game, get's into match and gets clubbed by a bunch of stat padders. Then gets toxic bullying in the garage.

New Player: uninstalls game and shakes head.

endgame
ˈɛn(d)ɡeɪm/ noun 
1. the final stage of a game such as chess, bridge or World of Tanks, when few pieces, cards or players on the server remain. 
Don't trust everything. Even salt looks like sugar.

_stevethegecko_ #13 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:16 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29350 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postjumphonner, on 01 November 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

Soon.

You only have to look at the numbers online. There were around 500 on the ANZ server last night at 8pm and it didnt climb much higher. I could only get games at T4 and T5.

There were only about 6500 online on HK at the same time.

Both these numbers are about half what they were only earlier in the year..

Anyways, I have sold over 40 of my premium tanks, converted them to credits and I'll drain them over the next 700 odd days that I have premium time left. I suspect that I wont get to use that premium time because the server will die first.

There was 2000 at 11:30pm on ANZ

Edited by FeeTFooD, 24 November 2019 - 07:16 AM.

kilig ako

Ezz #14 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:23 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 70528 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 01 November 2019 - 02:30 AM, said:

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/halloween-status-update/

I watch alot of Yongyea videos. He is famous for making criticism about P2W games, lootboxes and microtransactions. One thing that stand out on his videos is that most of the games he narrated the death of, lost its playerbase before, during or after his videos commenting about the game company failing to deliver "special schedule" events such as halloween events or important competitions like ranked battles.

I am not a hardcore gamer, i used to play only wot, but i watch yt channels about gaming, and i know events such as Halloween are pretty commom in these games, however its not normal for a company failing to deliver these events.

Wargaming claims in its website on the page about the halloween status update (link above) that they didnt want to deliver a bad experience. However we all know wargaming also is the same company that tends to deliver tanks without proper balance. So was the Halloween event so badly planned to the point it was worse planned than the development of other ingame features we all know was not perfectly "planned" (to replace the word "intended" ).

I admit havent played the game much after a total fail weekend last week (ended the weekend with around 55%wr in 200 battles...). I dont wanna blame anyone but myself, i was always totally against people who blame their teams isntead of blaming themselves. However i admit i havent been able to do much for the team in matches that last less than 5 minutes. I dont know whats going on, i just hate platoons and hate the state of new players playing tier 8 right now. I know i should carrry harder, but i never said i am a good player, i am always trying hard and goign for important "assassinations" of certain higher tier tanks (depending of the situation) instead of damage farming, and yet its too hard for me to do anything in 5 minutes battles, everyone just go one side and die quickly anyway (i recall the teams usually do this but didnt die so quickly like they are doing now).. I might be living on the "bad stage" of the 33/33/33 rule i know, but its annoying and its pushing me away from the game. 

Now the news about the halloween cancelled. THIS IS THE SECOND IMPORTANT EVENT CANCELLED, and halloween event is WORLD WIDE cancellesd. Something is smelling bad, i have seen this before on the YongYea channel. Games that he mentioned with these problems have DIED already. Should i keep playing this game or planning on buying end of year christmas boxes? Are the matches ending in 5 minutes for everyone? Does events such as halloween being cancelled means that things are pretty bad for WG???

Thx for anyone who read this, i am namewasstolenstresslevel and i plan on changing my name to see if helps to change bad lucky or some strange focus i been getting.

thx and good weekend.

But all fixed now due to the anonomonomyser.

s70blackhawk #15 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:59 PM

Even salt looks like sugar

• 22733 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View PostEzz, on 24 November 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

But all fixed now due to the anonomonomyser.

The thing about the anononononomyser is that it doesn't anonononmyse your tank type either. But then reveals your IGN at the post game stats? [edited]?

I didn't even have up names in battle, because it doesn't matter who the hell is playing, just have up tank types. But then everyone just bullies the tank type on the team.

Then looks them up at the post game stats, finds their name and then proceeds to bully childishly quote their own stats to them and tell them how shit they are.

Unless part of the anonononomyser is to actually turn off XVM and turn off the ability to look up someones stats. This is already a feature in that other tank game we can't mention.

Whilst good intentions to protect players from WG, it will fail too easily for reasons stated.

endgame
ˈɛn(d)ɡeɪm/ noun 
1. the final stage of a game such as chess, bridge or World of Tanks, when few pieces, cards or players on the server remain. 
Don't trust everything. Even salt looks like sugar.

HoPeY_ #16 Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:50 PM

Major

• 103340 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostFeeTFooD, on 24 November 2019 - 07:16 AM, said:

There was 2000 at 11:30pm on ANZ

And how many you think were not bots? I'd say 500 max.

Wolvenworks #17 Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:59 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 13928 battles

View PostHoPeY_, on 24 November 2019 - 08:50 PM, said:

i wonder if they were actually including bots into that playercount

Ezz #18 Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:03 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 70528 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostWolvenworks, on 25 November 2019 - 12:59 AM, said:

i wonder if they were actually including bots into that playercount

He's referring to the Chinese bot farm bots as opposed to the colon crowd.

HoPeY_ #19 Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:39 AM

Major

• 103340 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-
I'd say it's inflated WG numbers + Chinese bots. After all who wants to hang around on ANZ if you only see a few hundred there.

southerner #20 Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:04 PM

Captain

• 20895 battles
  • [2MEKE] 2MEKE

View PostHoPeY_, on 25 November 2019 - 01:50 AM, said:

Ah well i have bought a Chinese tier 3 TD M3G  FT with a 5 skill crew i dragged off somewhere else to go seal clubbing in. They say there are plenty of gamebots in the lower tiers, so may as well go farming. Rge 57 mm has plenty of pen. But the 76 mm HE shell at 165 damage should give plenty of one shot kills

indignatio regis nuntii mortis et vir sapiens placabit ea 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users