ENOUGH!

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

FramFramson #1 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:31 PM

Major

• 43948 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

[edited] Christ I just want to win a couple [edited] games.

Jesus christ

Every [edited] night now.

Excessive caps usage. User warned and case converted.

~Alita_My_Angel

Edited by Alita_My_Angel, 03 November 2019 - 07:44 PM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

HoPeY_ #2 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:34 PM

Major

• 101234 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
You should hear us on discord doing ranked. Seems we take turns having our good nights followed by a bad night, bit frustrating.

FramFramson #3 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:35 PM

Major

• 43948 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

Average 30 matches/night. Top 5 for damage usually, mostly aggressive and early. Often 2k in T8, and again, not backlot sniping, but getting up and fighting and spotting. TONIGHT EVERY SINGLE MATCH FOR TWENTY STRAIGHT GAMES TEAM WAS DOWN 0-2 TO START

I don't care how mad, how tilted, no matter how awful I am as a player, I could be the worst player on the entire server and that still CANNOT account for win rates of 10%, 20% for days and days and days on end.

WHAT THE [edited] IS GOING ON FFS.

FramFramson #4 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:38 PM

Major

• 43948 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

Like, everyone has bad nights, or bad days, but over and over and over. It's too bad and too consistent. Maybe it's no conspiracy or rigging, but for god's sakes someone help me figure out WHAT is going on, because it's been over a year and I can't get this [edited] monkey off my back.

[edited] me, I'm not even asking for a winning average, just give me [edited] BOT win rates at least. For FUCKS SAKES. 42% Seems like an unimaginable DREAM.

FeeTFooD #5 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:38 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 27215 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Take a break. Walk away and take a break. I've been having some shockers lately. Taking a break and doing exercse helps a lot.

Edited by FeeTFooD, 03 November 2019 - 04:39 PM.

kilig ako

FramFramson #6 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:39 PM

Major

• 43948 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

Shit even 38% would be way better than I get!

I've literally run out of curse words. I have nothing left, nothing is strong enough for the teams I end up with. 

FramFramson #7 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:40 PM

Major

• 43948 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostFeeTFooD, on 03 November 2019 - 03:38 AM, said:

Take a break. Walk away and take a break. I've been having some shockers lately. Taking a break and doing exercse helps a lot.

Mate, I've taken breaks that last months several times.

It's the same every time I feel like I want to play again for more than a handful of games.

FramFramson #8 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:42 PM

Major

• 43948 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

I mean, christ's sakes, I just played a TX match in a T8 tank and did only 580 damage BUT THIS WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR FOURTH PLACE.

I mean, they'll have to make up a new number just to count the number of mistakes I make, but shit like that is not my fault and it's happening nearly every game, every time I play for weeks on end.  This is not just oh well, Fram is a bad player. SOMETHING is going on and I'm [edited] if I know what.

Edited by FramFramson, 03 November 2019 - 04:43 PM.

FeeTFooD #9 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:45 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 27215 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
So you're in a bad mood, decide to vent, but won't stop doing the thing that is making you angry. Makes 100% sense.

kilig ako

Napalmer #10 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:49 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 48132 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View PostHoPeY_, on 03 November 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

You should hear us on discord doing ranked. Seems we take turns having our good nights followed by a bad night, bit frustrating.

Well, playing arty only tends to do that :)

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

FramFramson #11 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:53 PM

Major

• 43948 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostFeeTFooD, on 03 November 2019 - 03:45 AM, said:

So you're in a bad mood, decide to vent, but won't stop doing the thing that is making you angry. Makes 100% sense.

So should I just never play tanks ever again?

I am venting, but I am also asking for help, as I have at times in the past, as this issue has never gone away.

Angus775n #12 Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:13 PM

Sergeant

• 61220 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

If I am am having a bad run I make a conscious decision to go back to tanks I am comfortable in.

For me that is tier 6 mt and things like the progetto. I find it also helps if I get to the aggressive positions, but be more cautious if I get hammered early and try to survive past the initial chaos of the first few minutes.

What ever you are doing it isn't working atm, so you need to change something.

FramFramson #13 Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:27 PM

Major

• 43948 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

I have tried switching to tanks I enjoy the most or play the best in. This doesn't work unless I go as low as T5, which (to me) is just plain seal-clubbing and (more importantly) not really the same game. It can be fun of course, but a run of fun in T5 doesn't cure T8-TX. If anything it makes me lazy since it's so forgiving down there.

One thing that previous discussions have repeatedly come up with is the fact that I will never have better ping than 250-ish. So I know I'm at something of a permanent disadvantage, but honestly that's relatively minor and not a full justification.

Edited by FramFramson, 03 November 2019 - 05:58 PM.

Dieselnuts #14 Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:52 PM

Sergeant

• 14030 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Your survival rate sucks. When you die, you can no longer affect the outcome of the battle, and you place that responsibility on the rest of your team. You need to stay alive because you need to be the one to carry the game. You need to learn the balance between when to be aggressive and when to chill. These are things I struggle with too, but I am working on increasing my survival rate. I know for me, the games I die early are waaaaay more often a defeat than a victory. And most of the time I die early, I [edited] up. If you look at my recent I've had a shit couple months trying to push for some missions, but you can clearly see both my win rate and survival rates drop.

Say you only play 10 games a night, the difference between a unicum and a shitter is only a couple of wins 6 vs 4. Both players are going to have shit teams where they can't do anything (3 games) and those teams where you just can't lose and you have to play super aggressive just to get any damage (3 games). It's how they play in those 4 remaining games that separates them. The unicum is more than likely going to survive more battles enabling them to secure the win for their team. 

Now you don't need to start obsessing about your session stats every night, they are just small snap shots of a larger picture, but they are baby steps on the way, and if you can start to string small good runs together you will see an improvement. The inverse is also true and you can easily spiral down if you get tilted.

Chuck up some replays if you want some constructive criticism.

CardinalMite #15 Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:18 PM

Captain

• 29567 battles

This ^^^^^.

Also, while it is true that it is perfectly possible to do well with a bad latency connection, you may well find that you need to adjust your play style a bit. Perhaps play more support tanks and TDs that you can play their role in a way that is less latency dependent.

That also should give you opportunities to hang back a bit and improve survival rate rather than getting stuck in right at the front of battle.

I don't mean necessarily just red line sniping, but  maneuvering mid range to flank and support and prevent your front line tanks getting flanked.

Edited by CardinalMite, 03 November 2019 - 06:19 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

FramFramson #16 Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:19 PM

Major

• 43948 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

While sometimes I yolo, I usually die about 2/3rds of the way through. Survival rate is partly a function of low ping in that I will eventually lose close fights.

I try to follow the precept of pushing for early damage and taking territory. I can often survive these and often achieve this goal, but typically my team can't or won't follow up in the sense that there's virtually never any momentum. When usually follows is that eventually I get worn down trying to fight frontline tanks and probe for openings (I do relocate as much as possible for a given tank). Sometimes I retreat if it's hopeless to keep pushing, so it's not just blind charging either. But I find that almost any game I retreat turns into a loss or a rout. So I'm essentially trying to follow patterns established by much better players, but this involves pushing me beyond my abilities. But If I try to prioritize staying alive, I find I'm just generally ineffectual.

Not that I don't make mistakes or [edited] up that series of events, but that's generally what happens. It's fairly consistent.

I do also tend to yolo in endgames which are 100% won, to farm that extra shot of damage, or going for WinEzz, but I don't want to say that's really responsible for a huge part of my (non)survival rate.

FramFramson #17 Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:22 PM

Major

• 43948 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostCardinalMite, on 03 November 2019 - 05:18 AM, said:

This ^^^^^.

Also, while it is true that it is perfectly possible to do well with a bad latency connection, you may well find that you need to adjust your play style a bit. Perhaps play more support tanks and TDs that you can play their role in a way that is less latency dependent.

That also should give you opportunities to hang back a bit and improve survival rate rather than getting stuck in right at the front of battle.

I don't mean necessarily just red line sniping, but  maneuvering mid range to flank and support and prevent your front line tanks getting flanked.

The problem with that is that I just generally hate the TD playstyle. I enjoy aggressive tanks, and of course I play a lot of LT (though not half so much as I used to, since higher tiers you just play MTs for that role mostly).

Also, weirdly, I feel like I just can't TD well anyway. I seem to get spotted more in my fully-camoed Strv at the redline than I do MTs at middle distance. I don't know what's going on there.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #18 Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:27 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 76304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostHoPeY_, on 03 November 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

Why would you need to go Discord for a mode that is solo-only

How to solve all problems once and for all with just 3 lines of code:

if ( battle_type = CW | RB | SH ) {

mod_folder.disable

}

Dieselnuts #19 Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:40 PM

Sergeant

• 14030 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostFramFramson, on 03 November 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

While sometimes I yolo, I usually die about 2/3rds of the way through.

But the games that aren't one sided are decided in the last 3rd. These are the games you need to be alive to influence what happens. You don't need to be 100% effective 100% of the time, but you need to be at the end when its anyone's game. 

FramFramson #20 Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:11 PM

Major

• 43948 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostDieselnuts, on 03 November 2019 - 05:40 AM, said:

But the games that aren't one sided are decided in the last 3rd. These are the games you need to be alive to influence what happens. You don't need to be 100% effective 100% of the time, but you need to be at the end when its anyone's game. 

I agree, I was just trying to frame what I'm doing. I pretty well lose all 1v1s due ping and just good-old-fashioned clumsiness/poor reflexes, so I compensate by playing tanks with clips/autoloaders (which tend to be paper and also have the negative effect of tempting me to get greedy, lol), LTs, very high DPM (STB), or some other edge to alleviate this. But I'm still taking damage when the rubber hits the road.

I could play more passively/second line as Cardinal (and others) have suggested, but I feel like I actually end up losing more that way due to not making enough early-game impact. I've tried to go with the Nappa/Saffee/etc. school of "Dying isn't so bad if spent that HP to get a steamroll going or break the other team and make them panic" and it seems to feel and work better for me, I just need to find ways to survve a little longer, even just 1-2 more encounters on average to make that work.

What's really bizarre about all this (and I've also brought this up in the past) is that losing wouldn't hurt so bad if I just had a shit record from the start. But almost every tank I've ever owned started out with a winning record for the hundred or even several hundred games. So somehow, and I can't tell how, I AM able to play at a higher level [insert tinfoil hat conspiracy here]. Then, inevitably, that WR% just gets hammered. This is infinitely more painful than just being a bad player all the time. And it's INSANELY consistent. I probably have more than 20 tanks where this exact pattern has happened. Start out at 55% or even 60%, ride that for a while, then gradually plunge to 47% or less. There's a bunch of tanks I'm just afraid to play now, because I just want to have a few tanks that still have winning records.

Edited by FramFramson, 03 November 2019 - 07:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users