WG need to do something about handling botting on SEA server

Cheating

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

__Emerald__ #1 Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:20 PM

Corporal

• 21844 battles
  • [-EZY-] -EZY-
Botting programs has evolved so much since early day. Now they can act almost like a new player. It can move around map without drowning or falling from edge of a hill. And it shooting with programmed aim bot. I have seen a lot of people botting for credit and some clans also cheating campaign mission by botting tier 10 on enemy team to farm. I won't point finger at any specific group or person but WG need to seriously fix this. Because this is cheating and it also ruined match for many people including me. Make an algorithm that track people playing bot-like. Make captcha appear between a random numbers of match, if players failed to type in the correct captcha after a limited time then mark that player for further check by mod, if they are cheating then ban them. If WOT has server side replay like WT then it would be even easier. And also they can implement mouse movement check, a bot move mouse very differently from a real person. There are plenty of way to stop people botting

Edited by __Emerald__, 08 November 2019 - 08:59 PM.

Am i super unicum now OwO?

Ezz #2 Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:39 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69052 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The other thing that is very noticeable is how many bought accounts there are. 50+%ers in tier 10s acting like they'd never seen the maps before.

I do miss wg's ban waves. Surely time for another.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

__Emerald__ #3 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:03 PM

Corporal

• 21844 battles
  • [-EZY-] -EZY-
Yea imo those who botting deserve to get ban more than those who use cheat mod. At least the cheat mod person actually play the game but the botting guy just go full auto and ruined everyone's game. That's [edited] move

FeeTFooD #4 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:05 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 27218 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Ban them all at the same time. Bought accounts, botters, cheaters, mission riggers etc. Just a massive ban wave. 

The BT-7art botter seems to has lost a lot of his accounts, there are more ones with less conspicuous names though. Instead of *insert name and number* it's as if they just rolled their face across the keyboard.

kilig ako

NameWasStolenStresslevel #5 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:43 PM

Captain

• 42384 battles

i am totally friendly towards banning "bots". Wargaming could make a revenue out of banning these accounts, simply because the person behind the botting account will not be able to get his money back (i think?), until either all the bots gets removed and none new bots are created, OR wargaming gets rich(er) and finally finish that moon base ppl were talking about (new game mode?). Either of these two things seems good result for the game in the end.

Problem is, are you really sure these ppl are botters or just pay-to-lose players??? This game cant be pay-to-win when we have clearly more people losing than winning by spending money in the game. So might be a little pay to win (ie a 40%wr defender is actually the highest WR in the 33%WR account "player" who bought it for example), but its much more towards the pay-to-lose side of the spectrum. Compared to other games WoT is much less pay-to-win and much more pay-to-lose. Lets not even bring the fact that the word "lose" have much more meanings than just lose a game....

I met a Chrysley the other day who was particularly good at shooting HE the whole day into a house wall in murovanka. He also had a LOSE ratio of (about)70%. Given the problem can be solved by one of the three measures bellow, which one do you think WG would choose to solve the problem i described with the Chrysley in my team:

1. Remove the Bots

2. Remove the houses in Murovanka

3. Add a new premium tier 8 that can finally break that house wall

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 08 November 2019 - 09:54 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #6 Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:53 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 76304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
Heard they are banning VPN on the other servers... if here does the same problem will be solved

How to solve all problems once and for all with just 3 lines of code:

if ( battle_type = CW | RB | SH ) {

mod_folder.disable

}

__Emerald__ #7 Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:04 PM

Corporal

• 21844 battles
  • [-EZY-] -EZY-

Chaina mainlanders are notorious for cheating in online games =]] but not just the chinese cheating, so banning VPN alone is not a great solution, doing so just effectively ban those who don't cheat along with the cheaters

Edited by __Emerald__, 08 November 2019 - 10:04 PM.

FramFramson #8 Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:55 AM

Major

• 43951 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

The AFK botters and deliberate AFKs are getting to be really common, I will agree.

Usually I tend to be on the side that this problem is overblown, but I feel like I'm seeing like 1-2 AFK or even "drive to corner/hideyhole, stay there all match" players per game now.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart #9 Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:22 AM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 35632 battles
  • [NZAD] NZAD

If I suspect a bot on my team at start of battle, they usually aren't moving first few minutes, I'll aim on them, press F7, and suddenly they start to move, albeit still acting like a bot tank, but it gets them MOVING, they fire one or two shots in random directions, one shot usually hits an enemy tank, then they die. This must be how they get their 200 avg dmg per battle after 30,000 battles.

As for VPN bans, yes pressure from certain countries who don't want their intranet versions of the internet compromised are stimulating the bans, but also players used vpns to prove they were playing from India, and got to take part in the recent server transfer, to EU was it?.

stewiejp #10 Posted 09 November 2019 - 09:21 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 44436 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Would a VPN ban include services like WTFast and Mudfish? A number of players use these services to improve their routing. Me included. 

#GetOnBoard Studios  -  Where the magic happens - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp  

ForbiddenName #11 Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:54 AM

Corporal

• 36900 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View PostFramFramson, on 09 November 2019 - 12:55 AM, said:

The AFK botters and deliberate AFKs are getting to be really common, I will agree.

Usually I tend to be on the side that this problem is overblown, but I feel like I'm seeing like 1-2 AFK or even "drive to corner/hideyhole, stay there all match" players per game now.

Yes, this has become super annoying and seemed to get worse after team damage was removed.

FramFramson #12 Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:36 PM

Major

• 43951 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

...and then there was the [edited]in a 3-marked SP1C who drove to A0 on Siegfried encounter and stayed there all game (with literally nothing to shoot at)... until there were only 4-5 tanks alive per side, whereupon he came out to seagull the remaining kills.

FeeTFooD #13 Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:52 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 27218 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFramFramson, on 09 November 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

...and then there was the [edited]in a 3-marked SP1C who drove to A0 on Siegfried encounter and stayed there all game (with literally nothing to shoot at)... until there were only 4-5 tanks alive per side, whereupon he came out to seagull the remaining kills.

There’s a T29 that runs away and hide in a corner every game he is in. Should that be considered botting?

Edited by FeeTFooD, 09 November 2019 - 12:52 PM.

kilig ako

FramFramson #14 Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:56 PM

Major

• 43951 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

View PostFeeTFooD, on 08 November 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

There’s a T29 that runs away and hide in a corner every game he is in. Should that be considered botting?

Yes.

That [edited] is one of the first ones I thought of when the topic came up!

FeeTFooD #15 Posted 09 November 2019 - 01:05 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 27218 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
One time I tried blocking it to see what it would do. It wouldn’t shove me out of the way but would stop, try to go around and then continue. I blocked it a bit longer (I was in a fast tank) to see what would happen. After 30 seconds it waited at base completely motionless. I went off to do SU-122-44 things and it didn’t leave the base circle for about 2 min before going off to its corner.

kilig ako

mttspiii #16 Posted 09 November 2019 - 01:25 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostFeeTFooD, on 09 November 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

One time I tried blocking it to see what it would do. It wouldn’t shove me out of the way but would stop, try to go around and then continue. I blocked it a bit longer (I was in a fast tank) to see what would happen. After 30 seconds it waited at base completely motionless. I went off to do SU-122-44 things and it didn’t leave the base circle for about 2 min before going off to its corner.

I've always wanted to push one of those as cover for my KV-5 radioman

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #17 Posted 09 November 2019 - 01:45 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 76304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View Poststewiejp, on 09 November 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

Would a VPN ban include services like WTFast and Mudfish? A number of players use these services to improve their routing. Me included. 

That's exactly why they are using VPN... to improve their routing from "this connection is not available in your country"

_Sp4rtacus_ #18 Posted 10 November 2019 - 09:27 AM

Sergeant

• 6742 battles

View PostFeeTFooD, on 08 November 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

Ban them all at the same time. Bought accounts, botters, cheaters, mission riggers etc. Just a massive ban wave. 

The BT-7art botter seems to has lost a lot of his accounts, there are more ones with less conspicuous names though. Instead of *insert name and number* it's as if they just rolled their face across the keyboard.

AGREED ban them forever , destroy their accounts time and time again , why WG is not ontop of this is , lazy and slack , they've been msgd many times about the bots , i reported the Yunwu-101_ bots twice , yet the other bots with less conspicuous names are still in game , noticable . Why are WG not putting these HUNT tanks in games to hunt down and delete bots instead of stupid XP rewards .

Angus775n #19 Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:51 AM

Sergeant

• 61220 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

We used to get regular updates on ban waves, but that seems to have fallen by the wayside. Has there been any info released on the discord channel about it?

Ezz #20 Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:58 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69052 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAngus775n, on 10 November 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

We used to get regular updates on ban waves, but that seems to have fallen by the wayside. Has there been any info released on the discord channel about it?

Nada. I suspect wg are going back to just rugging the issue rather than trying to address it.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

bandage106