Any good Tier10 SPGs to grind for?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Tier10 SPG is worth it? (9 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 20 battle in order to participate this poll.

Which Tier10 SPG is worth grinding/playing on?

1. T92 HMC (1 vote [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. Obj. 261 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. G.W. E-100 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. B-C 155 58 (0 votes [0.00%])

5. ConquerorGC (1 vote [11.11%] - View)

6. Get multiple Tier10 SPGs (5 votes [55.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

7. Tier10 SPGs aren't worth it, get something between Tier2 - Tier9 (1 vote [11.11%] - View)

8. nerf arty pls (1 vote [11.11%] - View)

9. Don't know, don't care (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Hide poll

Memebot777 #1 Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:17 PM

Private

• 133 battles

Title says it all.

I've found arty pretty fun to play, but the RNG can be really annoying sometimes. I want to know what's a good T10 SPG to grind for. Just so you know, here's my current progress for each SPG line:

Germany: Tier4 St. Pz. II, top modules

Russia: Tier2 SU-18, top modules

America: Tier2 T1 HMC, stock modules

Britain: Tier2 Loyd GC, stock modules

France: Tier3 Lorr. 39L AM, stock gun, top radio, engine and suspension

After some researching, I found out Russian SPGs are quite accurate, yet have smaller gun sizes (and thus lower alpha, splash and stun ratings) than other SPGs at their tier. American SPGs usually are caliber-centered, and have large horizontal arcs, but have bad aim times. British SPGs have high gun arcs, but generally have short ranges. French SPGs have fast aim and reload times with decent accuracy, but have slow-moving shots and low gun arcs. Germany SPGs are supposed to be quite accurate and manueverable, but I've found that German "accuracy" more often than not flings shots to the edge of the SPG ring while fully aimed.:P

Anyways, I have a somewhat decent win rate in the SPG class.

Please reply when possible.

Edited by Memebot777, 09 November 2019 - 12:25 PM.

FeeTFooD #2 Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:26 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 27215 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The T92 is probably the best. I have the Gw E100 and it kind of sucks.

kilig ako

Ezz #3 Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:46 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69052 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

CGC for the arc memes. BC if you like mobility and a low damage clip. 261 for accuracy. T92 to remind you that the 5355 is way better. And GWE because you like german stuff.

Of the grinds, the US is imo significantly easier than the others. M44 is silly at tier 6. The 4043 gets you a big gun and then the aforementioned 5355 is basically the best arty in the game.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

FramFramson #4 Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:46 PM

Major

• 43944 battles
  • [AVAST] AVAST

T92 has accuracy problems (even by SPG standards) and a poor RoF. Of course I'm kind of biased after buying one, going 0 for 10, and then rageselling it. 

CGC is king. If you want to be the biggest [edited] you can be in a TX SPG, you grind yourself up a CGC and run it with food and all-gold. Well... you should run all your SPGs above T7 with food and gold, just for maximum salt, but go with what you can afford.

Whatever you do, stay the hell away from the French high-tier arty. They were pretty much trashed by the big arty update and are now significantly worse than other lines.

Though below TX, the best SPGs are generally American. M44 is devastating, M12 is an arty sniper with very solid alpha for it's tier, and the M53/55 is just a superb all-round killing machine.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Memebot777 #5 Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:24 PM

Private

• 133 battles

Oh yes, I know all about the poor quality of French Tier8+ SPGs :D

After doing some number-crunching, I found out that their Tier6 arty has the best damage of all arties in its tier, with its 155mm cannon. Their Tier7 arty retains the same gun with 0 damage increase, which is average in Tier7. Go up to Tier8 and it's behind, with the only selling point being "I'm fast and agile". Their Tier9 artillery is a joke, with the only selling points of their Tier10 arty being "I've got an autoloader, and did I mention I'm fast and agile like my predecessors?" That's still an average of 750 DpS, which is a joke in the SPG section. A KV-2 does more HE damage on average than that. Their magazine however deals a total of 2250, but that's after 50 seconds of initial reload time and 2*10 seconds of waiting in between shots. DpM is minimal IMO.

I'll do more analysis tomorrow and update (for most tanks I'm very analytical, so I don't get a tank I dislike / ragesell. When it comes to derp guns, I'm a simple player. I see derp gun, I mount and use.)

Edited by Memebot777, 09 November 2019 - 05:14 PM.

FeeTFooD #6 Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:42 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 27215 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

In my experience using SPGs and having them fired at me there are a few things to pay attention to.:

• RoF - keeping vehicles stun locked is useful
  • Splash radius for stunning and damaging vehicles
  • Stun duration
  • Ammo capacity

Larger caliber guns have a lower rate of fire but larger area of effect. Lower caliber guns fire more often and can keep vehicles stun locked while chipping away at their HP. Back in the old days SPGs could one shot kill tanks easily, these days you're more likely to keep them stun locked and your team will finish them off. Blind firing well known passive spotting or TD camping locations requires a higher ammo capacity as well.

kilig ako

AKASHA178 #7 Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:57 PM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 37367 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostMemebot777, on 09 November 2019 - 07:17 AM, said:

Title says it all.

I've found arty pretty fun to play, but the RNG can be really annoying sometimes. I want to know what's a good T10 SPG to grind for. Just so you know, here's my current progress for each SPG line:

Germany: Tier4 St. Pz. II, top modules

Russia: Tier2 SU-18, top modules

America: Tier2 T1 HMC, stock modules

Britain: Tier2 Loyd GC, stock modules

France: Tier3 Lorr. 39L AM, stock gun, top radio, engine and suspension

After some researching, I found out Russian SPGs are quite accurate, yet have smaller gun sizes (and thus lower alpha, splash and stun ratings) than other SPGs at their tier. American SPGs usually are caliber-centered, and have large horizontal arcs, but have bad aim times. British SPGs have high gun arcs, but generally have short ranges. French SPGs have fast aim and reload times with decent accuracy, but have slow-moving shots and low gun arcs. Germany SPGs are supposed to be quite accurate and manueverable, but I've found that German "accuracy" more often than not flings shots to the edge of the SPG ring while fully aimed.:P

Anyways, I have a somewhat decent win rate in the SPG class.

Please reply when possible.

get GW, GC, T92 and 261 (bat is ok too )

View PostFeeTFooD, on 09 November 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

The T92 is probably the best. I have the Gw E100 and it kind of sucks.

nope GW is the best spg at the moment 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

NameWasStolenStresslevel #8 Posted 09 November 2019 - 09:35 PM

Captain

• 42384 battles

save your xp and dont get any arty as they are annoying and will probably be getting nerfed soon to remove that stupid stun mechanic dealing full damage to low armor tanks. Its very risk to get your hands in something that might change completly in a near future. I sense arty changes are coming again if the HE changes comes. Furthermore arty is annoying and dont have friends.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 09 November 2019 - 09:37 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Jurrunio #9 Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:31 PM

First lieutenant

• 18121 battles
  • [-AW-] -AW-

Tier 10 arty are mostly boring really. French arty used to be the most usable one for shotgunning (which is fun if your team is competitive), but now it's damage output is so low, you might as well enjoy the graphical effects of the explosions. British one has higher than average shell arc with big damage (only a little worse than T92), plus the upper glacis plate on the hull can be occassionally troll so that's definitely my pick for best tier 10 arty. GWE100 does also have troll armor, this time on the sides, but in general not as impressive.

Apart from the premium (cancerous) arty like the leFH, most fun arty pieces are the Bishop (Brit tier 5) since it uses the super high shell arc gun as the FV304, just with none of the speed. Yes, FV304 is also on the list. AMX 13 F3 (French tier 6) used to be super troll with its low body and tall tanks/those that lack gun depression can't hit it when you're right beside them (just like AMX ELC) while you wait for your reload for a powerful shot, but now without high damage but much larger splash it's much harder to kill enemies like this. Still worth trying though. SU-5 (Soviet tier 4) actually has high shell arc gun as well, but tier 4 lacks proper heavy tanks compared to higher tiers so there are less immobile campers to shoot at, not so easy to do well with this thing. Lower tier American arties are good in general, apart from the tier 10.

How can armor in the game be stronger?

Make shell fly wide more, and let RNG control that.

AKASHA178 #10 Posted 10 November 2019 - 09:26 PM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 37367 battles
  • [-ONE-] -ONE-

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 09 November 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

save your xp and dont get any arty as they are annoying and will probably be getting nerfed soon to remove that stupid stun mechanic dealing full damage to low armor tanks. Its very risk to get your hands in something that might change completly in a near future. I sense arty changes are coming again if the HE changes comes. Furthermore arty is annoying and dont have friends.

next patch spgs getting damage buff check my post about HE change 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

Memebot777 #11 Posted Yesterday, 03:24 AM

Private

• 133 battles
Haven't seen a 105 leFH yet, but if you think arty is broken you need to check German autoloader lights, I mean 183 Rounds per min for the 7.92mm on the Pz. I C is absolutely ridiculous. Anyways, getting off track. Is it a good idea to grind for G.W. E-100 when you can mount a gun that's the same size but has lower stats on the G.W Tiger P (which seems fair + balanced at Tier8)?

NameWasStolenStresslevel #12 Posted Yesterday, 03:43 AM

Captain

• 42384 battles

View PostAKASHA178, on 10 November 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

next patch spgs getting damage buff check my post about HE change 

listen, i had enough of this game. Got enough shit spg experiences today while moving on full speed while the arty on my team cant hit a giant group of 3 heavie tanks SITTING STILL that i am spotting... This is what playing this game feels like to me. A disgrace. Lots of bots on my team not even leaving the base for minutes and minutes. And now you tell me spg will be buffed??? Its good bye to this stupid game. I ll make sure to at least get the frontline bond and gold before unistalling this shit. In case i come back someday.

Got plenty of better shit to do than playing a stupid fraud like this. Dont expect my money wg. Specially for buffing a stupid class that makes no sense with sky view. Add some airplanes and cars to the game too since u added sky view mortars.... oh wait u already added cars... So stupid. Cant wait to play my truth enjoyable games. Cant get back the time i lost here.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Puggsley #13 Posted Yesterday, 09:44 AM

Captain

• 69099 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Depends what you want to achieve in your SPGs.

I have them all I think probably the most enjoyable overall is the CGC. The wide arc, and high trajectory mean you can be pretty effective - but shorter range means you need to be mobile to keep up on bigger maps.

T92 reminds you why are you not using the 53/55. This is arguably the best SPG in the best SPG line in the game.

261 is great when there are no hills and while the ammo lasts. And as an added benefit, you won't have to wonder what it feels like to play a scout with a 50% commander.

Froggie is kind of fun until you notice that you will never do any internal module or crew maiming. 

GWE i haven't played much but is seems to be a mix of all the other non french SPGs.

Memebot777 #14 Posted Yesterday, 02:20 PM

Private

• 133 battles

I'll probably get all of them except for batchat arty, but for now I'll stick with GW E-100 because I bought my Grille today, and it would be less of a hassle to keep playing rather than switch now. I don't know what I should get next, but it'll probably be the T92 HMC for my TX SPG after GW E100. Researched the new gun but remembered I can't mount it until I get better suspension, which isn't far away. Can't wait to start maiming with stuns, crits and injuries :trollface::justwait: but eventually I'll have to grind for famous (or rather infamous) derp vehicles like Fridge Tenk or Anime Derp King 

Edited by Memebot777, Yesterday, 02:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users