T-43 Iliterally unplayable

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Shuzze #1 Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:21 PM

Private

• 1364 battles

So I'm a new f2p player with 1.3k battles grinding out the Russian medium & heavy lines. Considering the amount of battles I've played, I would say that I'm a very competent player at 1150 wn8 (2k wn8 daily) and I've 2 marked my T-34 and T-34-85.with them both at 90% MoE. However, I just can't win in the T-43. My winrate a whopping 35%, my average damage is even lower than that on the T-34-85.

I'm playing it exactly like how I play the T-34-85, rushing aggressive bush spots for damage, brawling and flanking, but it just doesn't seem to work. In particular, the penetration is VERY lacking as I've never carried more than 5 gold rounds per game.

What am I doing wrong? I know some people here really enjoy this tank but I just can't get it to work. I'm almost there to getting the T-44 but the grind is unbearable. Any tips?

FeeTFooD #2 Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:28 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 27215 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Stop playing it like the 34-85. Be more conservative.

kilig ako

Shuzze #3 Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:47 PM

Private

• 1364 battles

What do you mean by more "conservative"? I wouldn't be that helpful as a medium if I wasnt aggressive, would I?

FeeTFooD #4 Posted 10 November 2019 - 06:06 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 27215 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
If you're too aggressive you'll lose all of your hitpoints too early and not survive enough to do damage. T6 to T7 is a huge increase in hitpoints and damage. When you're top tier you have more responsibility to live longer and contribute more. You'll notice that the top gun on the T-43 is only slightly better than the 34-85 but it has 50% or so more HP. 

kilig ako

CardinalMite #5 Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

Captain

• 29567 battles

View PostShuzze, on 10 November 2019 - 09:47 AM, said:

What do you mean by more "conservative"? I wouldn't be that helpful as a medium if I wasnt aggressive, would I?

It's not digital. 100% yolo just gets you killed early and you  are no use then. The trick is to generally not go alone, flank where possible, provide vision for your team (that isnt just LTs). Be aggressive at the right time...

Edited by CardinalMite, 10 November 2019 - 07:19 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Vindictus_Maximus #6 Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:56 PM

Corporal

• 5793 battles

This game is not necessarily pay to win, but is is a game of percentages and you have to stack the numbers up in your favor as much as possible

The Russian medium line is all about premium rounds. The standard rounds in Russian are low velocity, low pen, and if you are shooting standard AP,  you will definitely miss shots you would have hit wil APCR. And you definitely will bounce shots that APCR would have penetrated.

Also you should be running premium consumables, as it will raise your viewrange, make your gun reload faster, shoot faster, improve camo, - all these small percentages things  that combined help tilt things your way.

Experience, map awareness and all these factors are important to performance, but if you are going to play tier7 tanks, with a weak crew, standard rounds, and no premium consumables, you will be at a huge disadvantage

I am mostly a F2P player, but I did buy a couple premium tanks so I can make credits. And I use those credits to fire premium rounds, run food when grinding tech tree tanks, My suggestion is buy a T-34-85M for 20 bucks, and play that tank to improve your crew, and make credits so you can afford to shoot your best bullets in your T-43, T44, T54s,because you will need to

Shuzze #7 Posted 10 November 2019 - 09:25 PM

Private

• 1364 battles
is the t-44 going to be just as bad as the t-43 or even worse from only using standard rounds?

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #8 Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:36 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 76304 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Just play it like a fast brawling medium, you'll be fine

How to solve all problems once and for all with just 3 lines of code:

if ( battle_type = CW | RB | SH ) {

mod_folder.disable

}

CardinalMite #9 Posted Yesterday, 06:30 AM

Captain

• 29567 battles

View PostShuzze, on 10 November 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

is the t-44 going to be just as bad as the t-43 or even worse from only using standard rounds?

With the number of battles you have in the game you should consider the possibility that you just aren't ready for tier 7 gameplay yet.

The T43 is actually a fairly decent tier 7 medium tank. I dont mean to be rude and I really mean this  constructively,  but you dont know the maps well enough and the mechanics of the game well enough to compete in the higher tiers yet.

You can do what you want of course, however if getting good stats actually matters to you then you need to think about the best way to develop as a player in this game.

You could continue grinding the T43 with a crew likely sub par compared  to those you are coming up against. Where people you are fighting have 10s of thousands of  battles and know the maps extremely well. You need to juggle map knowledge with understanding of how to leverage the vision mechanics, tank positioning, sidescraping, going hull down, likely  arty firing lanes, commonly used spotting bushes, common  TD overwatch zones, tank weak spots, when to go for tracking damage vs just shooting someone, know when to run away and when to stay and fight and when to push, how  to play support when bottom tier vs lead the charge when top tier,  when to provide vision for the team and not shoot instead.... while at the same time following and predicting the flow of battles via the minimap.

It's too much to  think about all together when you are a new player. You need to get enough experience that most of  the above becomes instinctive.

I would suggest starting a new line and grinding that up  to tier 6, then starting another again. When you can consistently play tier 6s and get >50% wins after 100 battles per tank you will know you might be ready to start learning tiers 7 & 8.

Thing is you did ok... in the T34-85 which is one of the best tier 6s. See if you can do as well (if not better) in all the other tier 6s.

I wish that when I started and had the number of battles you have, that I had not tried  to go up tier so fast and spent more time at tiers 5 & 6. I have some poor stats in some of the earliest tanks I played whereas now it is a very different story with tanks from those tiers I play now.

Edited by CardinalMite, Yesterday, 06:31 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

Puggsley #10 Posted Yesterday, 08:43 AM

Captain

• 69099 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Don't be in a rush to push up the tiers.

If you don't know the nuances of playing aggressively and conservatively then its certain moving up to the higher tiers will be a bad move for you. 

At higher tiers you need to be able to do both depending on the situation.

This is pretty informative 

Good luck with it, T44 is a bloody gem!

Vindictus_Maximus #11 Posted Yesterday, 09:48 AM

Corporal

• 5793 battles

View PostShuzze, on 10 November 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

The T-43, T-44 and T-54 have horrible standard rounds, but really good premium rounds, if you are shooting standard rounds in those tanks you are really putting yourself at a big disadvantage.

If you must shoot the standard rounds and want to play mediums, I would highly suggest the Italian tanks - the entire line are great tanks and better than the Russian medium tanks IMO.  The tier7 Italian tank standard rounds for example have a pen of 166mm / 240 damage compared to the t-43 pen 144mm / 180 damage.

There is a website called tanks.gg and you can compare all the stats and armor layouts for all the tanks. But give the Italian tanks a go, my favorite line.

One last thing too, in my experience this game gives really bad luck to stock tanks that are not fully upgraded. You can only really judge a tank when it is fully upgraded with a decent crew - expect bad winrates and bad games until the tank is fully upgraded

Edited by Vindictus_Maximus, Yesterday, 09:52 AM.

neokai #12 Posted Yesterday, 10:37 AM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 10 November 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

It's not digital. 100% yolo just gets you killed early and you  are no use then. The trick is to generally not go alone, flank where possible, provide vision for your team (that isnt just LTs). Be aggressive at the right time...

Just a minor nitpick, "binary" not "digital".

@OP: Pretty much everyone else has covered all the major points. I would hesitate to load all prem rounds though as it gets real expensive if you take that advice. Bring some into battle, but use them only if you are fighting an armored tank frontally. Most of your battles should be you taking shots of opportunity at unarmored spots anyway.

Spoiler

Puggsley #13 Posted Yesterday, 11:31 AM

Captain

• 69099 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

T54 has really workable AP rounds, they are not rubbish at all. Use the higher pen, more accurate gun over the higher DMP one. Your stronk turret means you can aim in on weak points while the good gun handling means it doesn't take a long time to do so.

T44 use the 100mm gun. 

These are flanking tanks. Take opportunities in the early half of the game to get damage on distracted enemies. Go to spots which mean you can have a crossfire opportunity. If you cannot get pens then track them in the open for people who can pen them - you will get lotsa XP and credits for this. In the later game you can use the good mobility to push in and flank harder. Deadly in the final stages. 

I carry about 1/3 prem in the T54 for dealing with super hts if you cannot flank.

Shuzze #14 Posted Yesterday, 11:38 AM

Private

• 1364 battles

Is it normal to have this kind of wn8 / winrate difference or skill gap between tiers 6-7?

Could it just be because I'm stat padding and seal clubbing in tier 5-6 leading to my teal / dark green performance? 

Puggsley #15 Posted Yesterday, 11:43 AM

Captain

• 69099 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Could be, there should be some reduction as you go up in tiers because you will be playing against generally better players.

You do have a relatively large number lot of games in the T34 and the 85. After that many games you should feel really comfortable in them, and going to a new stock tank will hurt. Wait until you have it elited, and have played maybe 100ish battles in it to make a decision.

Being forced out of your comfort zone to learn a new tank style will also be hard, but it will help you improve as a player if you can recognise it as another skill to be gained, rather than just a terrible tank. Unless its the Churchill GC.......

Ezz #16 Posted Yesterday, 11:48 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69052 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 11 November 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

Could be, there should be some reduction as you go up in tiers because you will be playing against generally better players..

^^

Very much this. Basically tier 6 and you'll see a whole bunch of new players and bots and people who generally struggle with the basics of the game and its mechanics. At tier 7 the mix starts to shift and you'll face many more players who have a better understanding of the game and what they are doing. Even more so as you go up. Naturally there are still lots of bad players too, but they tend to matter little. It's the ones that can punish your mistakes that you'll face more and more of in the upper tiers.

As an aside it's one of the reasons you see people with decent low tier stats but generally poor upper tier ones.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Vindictus_Maximus #17 Posted Yesterday, 08:15 PM

Corporal

• 5793 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 11 November 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

T54 has really workable AP rounds, they are not rubbish at all. Use the higher pen, more accurate gun over the higher DMP one. Your stronk turret means you can aim in on weak points while the good gun handling means it doesn't take a long time to do so.

T44 use the 100mm gun. 

Well if you choose the 100mm. In a T44vsT44 scenario - AP  vs APCR

Re7BUnG.jpgoZNRyW3.jpg

I am sorry, the mathematician in me can't ignore probabilities,.I will take the auto-pen every time. I stick to my initial advice to OP - stack the numbers in your favor as much as possible (Shoot your best bullets!)

CardinalMite #18 Posted Yesterday, 09:57 PM

Captain

• 29567 battles
That  is a terrible habit  to get into. That  means you will never get into the habit of finding the weakspots and there  will be times when you need to do so even with premium ammo.

Edited by CardinalMite, Yesterday, 10:02 PM.

Ezz #19 Posted Yesterday, 10:01 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69052 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Not to mention the cost.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

U12D13 #20 Posted Today, 09:03 AM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 39672 battles
  • [CALM] CALM

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 11 November 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

sorry, the mathematician in me can't ignore probabilities,.I will take the auto-pen every time. I stick to my initial advice to OP - stack the numbers in your favor as much as possible (Shoot your best bullets!)

The more professional mathematician in me would go for his lower plate with AP for the better normalisation of the round, and a 100% chance to penetrate anyway. Further reducing the probability of standard deviation of RNG of APCR glancing off armor. Added bonus is with the lower cost of the round, you won't constantly be in the red; and would much rather be making credits at a way more profitable rate.

But hey, at the end of the day its your credits. If you want to make up the lack of skill/ pad just by firing gold and paying for it by coverting gold to credits/ buying prem time/ tanks to pad or make up of what you lack, go ahead. Just don't go around giving people bad advice on taking the easy way out. 

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, Wn8 = 1000+ (nego-able), new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [CALM/CROWN] family! Weekly Strongholds and CW~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users