T-43 Iliterally unplayable

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Vindictus_Maximus #21 Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:11 PM

Sergeant

• 8646 battles

View PostU12D13, on 12 November 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

The more professional mathematician in me would go for his lower plate with AP for the better normalisation of the round, and a 100% chance to penetrate anyway

Unless dispersion RNG gets you, where the round puffs into the dust, or bounces off the upper plate. Or you RNG low roll with penetration and hit dead centre on the lower plate but fail to penetrate.

Or a Heavy Tank rolls around the corner, but because you have AP loaded and cant penetrate it. But it penetrates you. Or it is on 100hps and you miss the killshot because of your crap ammo you loaded. And it then kills one of the tanks on your team. Then you have a teammate dead, the enemy still alive. All because you were a penny pincher and wanted to save credits instead of just guaranteeing the damn kill and moving on to the next tank.

Not shooting your best bullets is a rookie error

Vindictus_Maximus #22 Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:21 PM

Sergeant

• 8646 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 11 November 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

That  is a terrible habit  to get into. That  means you will never get into the habit of finding the weakspots and there  will be times when you need to do so even with premium ammo.

The client now has a penetration indicator, dont fool yourself that 'aiming for weakspots' takes any particular skill. When you take into account, ping, shell velocity. dispersion RNG, penetration RNG, you need to stack the numbers into your favor.

Heaven forbid you miss the killshot on a Defender's lower plate, because you had crappy AP loaded that can't pen, and it costs you the game. For the sake of a few measly credits.

I am mainly FTP player, but I did buy premium account for each week of Frontlines this year, I now have 10s millions of credits, and 1000s of premium consumables, i feel sorry for the penny-pinchers reduced to firing crappy AP.

My advice - get a couple tier8 premium tanks, buy 7 days premium account during Frontline, you will never have to worry about credits again.

CardinalMite #23 Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

Captain

• 30836 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 12 November 2019 - 07:21 AM, said:

The client now has a penetration indicator, dont fool yourself that 'aiming for weakspots' takes any particular skill. When you take into account, ping, shell velocity. dispersion RNG, penetration RNG, you need to stack the numbers into your favor.

Heaven forbid you miss the killshot on a Defender's lower plate, because you had crappy AP loaded that can't pen, and it costs you the game. For the sake of a few measly credits.

I am mainly FTP player, but I did buy premium account for each week of Frontlines this year, I now have 10s millions of credits, and 1000s of premium consumables, i feel sorry for the penny-pinchers reduced to firing crappy AP.

My advice - get a couple tier8 premium tanks, buy 7 days premium account during Frontline, you will never have to worry about credits again.

If you rely on the penetration indicator to tell you then you put yourself at a disadvantage when it matters and a quick reaction is required. There is no substitute for knowing armour profiles and gun performance. Indicators have their place for sure but they arent ideal in many situations.

How is the reroll  account going anyway?

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

Ezz #24 Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:41 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I thought this was his re roll. You mean it gets worse?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #25 Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:52 PM

Captain

• 30836 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 12 November 2019 - 07:41 AM, said:

I thought this was his re roll. You mean it gets worse?

It is, apologies if I made it seem different.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

Vindictus_Maximus #26 Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:07 PM

Sergeant

• 8646 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 12 November 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

If you rely on the penetration indicator to tell you then you put yourself at a disadvantage when it matters and a quick reaction is required.

I dont need to the penetration indicator to know that that lower plate weaksposts of the Defender or VK 100.01P cant be penned at all if I was stupid enough to have crappy AP loaded in my T-44.

While your AP is harmlessly whistling by the cupolas you aimed at and missed, my APCR is punching holes through their upper plate. :)

CardinalMite #27 Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:22 PM

Captain

• 30836 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 12 November 2019 - 08:07 AM, said:

I dont need to the penetration indicator to know that that lower plate weaksposts of the Defender or VK 100.01P cant be penned at all if I was stupid enough to have crappy AP loaded in my T-44.

While your AP is harmlessly whistling by the cupolas you aimed at and missed, my APCR is punching holes through their upper plate. :)

Straw man again eh VM? You can take the Brutal out of the Olyx  but the argument style stays the same.

Nobody said anything about only firing AP from a T-44 at a Defender front. The example given was a T-44 vs T-44 engagement.

The discussion was around calling you out on the advice to only fire premium ammo. Which is wrong anyway because various scenarios like HEAT vs wheels and AP having better normalisation than apcr for example. So there  are times when firing premium makes you less likely to score a penetrating hit.

The word nuance have any meaning for you or do you only have a premium dictionary?

Puggsley #28 Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:34 AM

Captain

• 72887 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

The professional engineer in me looks for practical solutions.

Spoiler

Maybe this shoot full gold is a T6 strategy?

Edited by Puggsley, 13 November 2019 - 07:43 AM.

Vindictus_Maximus #29 Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:08 AM

Sergeant

• 8646 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 12 November 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

Straw man again eh VM? You can take the Brutal out of the Olyx  but the argument style stays the same.

Nobody said anything about only firing AP from a T-44 at a Defender front. The example given was a T-44 vs T-44 engagement.

The discussion was around calling you out on the advice to only fire premium ammo. Which is wrong anyway because various scenarios like HEAT vs wheels and AP having better normalisation than apcr for example. So there  are times when firing premium makes you less likely to score a penetrating hit.

The word nuance have any meaning for you or do you only have a premium dictionary?

???

I have no idea what you are on about, but whatever if you want to shoot crap AP knock yourself out.

The OP was asking what the problem was with the T-43, I told him - the premium rounds of the Russian tanks are among the worst in tier, the premium rounds are among the best.

Puggsley #30 Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:25 AM

Captain

• 72887 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 13 November 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

???

I have no idea what you are on about, but whatever if you want to shoot crap AP knock yourself out.

The OP was asking what the problem was with the T-43, I told him - the premium rounds of the Russian tanks are among the worst in tier, the premium rounds are among the best.

Have you even read what you wrote in all your preceding posts?

You were the one advising to only shoot prem rounds.

You were the one who brought up the T44 and T54.

You provided the example of the T44 vs T44 engagement

You were the one who brought up the defender rolling.

And from your laughable inability to understand differences in populations impacting conclusions you can reach from data, your "mathematician" claim to authority is ridiculous.

It's certainly clear you don't know what you are on about.

Edited by Puggsley, 13 November 2019 - 09:31 AM.

Ezz #31 Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:30 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

It's certainly clear you don't know what you are on about.

Yeah, but he's good at the luchs.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Puggsley #32 Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:33 AM

Captain

• 72887 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostEzz, on 13 November 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

Yeah, but he's good at the luchs.

Well is he doing that well for a full prem ammo loadout?

CardinalMite #33 Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:36 AM

Captain

• 30836 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostVindictus_Maximus, on 13 November 2019 - 01:08 AM, said:

???

It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post.

Puggsley #34 Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:39 AM

Captain

• 72887 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Pure gold Card, that made me laugh! :trollface:

U12D13 #35 Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:51 AM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 41901 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI
Sigh, I should have looked up his account before even trying.

> Fail reroll with a ton of games in Luchs to pad that Wn8 (but still not even 3k lmao) that advocates being "mainly" F2P with a ton of premium tanks (irony). Add to that his gold firing skills, all for that Wn8 level? Id expected much more with low tier padding + gold spam.

Consider me disappointed. And here he is trying to spread his "wisdom" to newer players. Yikes.

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [FUNI] family! Weekly Strongholds and CWs~ Now recruiting!

Puggsley #36 Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:01 AM

Captain

• 72887 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Don't forget his views on how good the UK line, and in particular the Manticore is!

Although I suspect that is a cunning plan to get more people playing the UK line to make winrates in the low 40s look good.

Edited by Puggsley, 13 November 2019 - 10:01 AM.

_stevethegecko_ #37 Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:02 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29350 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 13 November 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

Don't forget his views on how good the UK line, and in particular the Manticore is!

Although I suspect that is a cunning plan to get more people playing the UK line to make winrates in the low 40s look good.

No manticore in his account either, so now we just need to figure out the main. 

kilig ako

Puggsley #38 Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:04 AM

Captain

• 72887 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Shouldn't be hard to find out which Manticore player has a WR of <40%.

_stevethegecko_ #39 Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:07 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29350 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 13 November 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

Shouldn't be hard to find out which Manticore player has a WR of <40%.

Most of them, besides the super unica bringing up the average. There’s only <5k manticore owners. 

Edited by FeeTFooD, 13 November 2019 - 10:07 AM.

kilig ako

Ezz #40 Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:20 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
He might have just got the manicure for ranked... sniggers.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users