• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

JayRated #1 Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:49 AM

Founder and C.E.O. of Friendship Bracelets Pty Ltd

• Administrator
  • 3766 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hey guys! 

Following a very successful trial thread a couple of months back we've decided to continue the Jay-MA series on the Forum, and what better time to host our second instalment than during our second anniversary celebration of servicing the ANZ community! 

Although most are probably familiar with me and the concept by now, I will run over some small house-keeping rules:

• If you have multiple questions, please try to limit these to a maximum of 5, and be a little patient with my responses, as I will prioritise single question posts first.
  • This is not a thread to air your dirty laundry. 'Why was I banned' and questions of the like will not be engaged.
  • I am a publisher, not a developer; so while I don't balance tanks, design maps, or decide which premiums are sold, I will do my best to answer to you all openly, honestly, and actively.

Responding from now until 4pm (GMT+11) Friday the 30th of November. 

Be sure to grab a friendship bracelet on your way in, crack a lemon beverage, hit that #JayDab and enjoy the thread!

FeeTFooD #2 Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:51 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 27955 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
1. When will the Black Friday sale go live?
2. What happened to Tanitha?
3. How is your day going?
4. Senlac and HWK sale please?
5. How long is a piece of string?

kilig ako

Ezz #3 Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:52 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69271 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Righteous!

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

IMC_Jezza #4 Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:55 AM

First lieutenant

• 39436 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Gnarly!

JayRated #5 Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:57 AM

• Administrator
  • 3766 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostFeeTFooD, on 27 November 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

1. When will the Black Friday sale go live?
2. What happened to Tanitha?
3. How is your day going?
4. Senlac and HWK sale please?
5. How long is a piece of string?

1. I'm not a rocket surgeon but my guess would be Black Friday.

2. Tanitha is being kept alive in a formaldehyde tube in an undisclosed location in Western Australia. His body is nourished exclusively with energy drinks and his mind is connected to the WeeGee space computer that still allows him to program our missions and sales.

3. My day is going fantastically well thank you! About to grab a coffee and watch the Champions League highlights from last night in between answering questions from my adoring public.

4. SoonTM.

5. Twice as long as half its length. 

JayRated #6 Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:57 AM

• Administrator
  • 3766 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostEzz, on 27 November 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

Righteous!

A radical superlative and one of my finest qualities, so I'm told. :P

CardinalMite #7 Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:09 AM

Captain

• 29621 battles

A gentleman and a scholar!

It's going to take me a while to trim down to 5 questions..

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

CardinalMite #8 Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:21 AM

Captain

• 29621 battles
Question 1. When can we have the Aufklarungspanzer back as a tier 7 premium? I know at least 3 people that would buy one.

Question 2. Does  WG have a single balance team responsible for all new or rebalanced   lines & premiums or are there separate teams that have specific areas of responsibility? E.g. was the team that did the the British LTs the same team that did Swedish or Italian mediums?  Would they also be in charge of new premiums balance or say IS3a, STB1, Leopards rebalance etc?

Question 3. How will WG pick what tanks are for sale in the bond shop and how frequently will they change?

Question 4. Re: double barreled tanks. What happens if you shoot the turret between the barrels? Is it possible to damage only 1 barrel or both barrels at once? If both barrels are damaged do they repair in parallel I.e. at the same time or serially one after the other?

Question 5. WG have stated many times that they will never change +- 25% RNG on penetration and damage. However over the last several months have been trying to balance an ammo rework on sandbox.

Isn't it fundamentally going to be problematic balancing ammo, especially higher tiers alpha values that are 400+ with 25 % variance? A low roll on a 650 alpha shot is 480 and high roll is 812. That is like 320 hp alpha variance a 650 alpha gun. Surely it would be easier to balance especially with +-2 MM if RNG was reduced  at least on a sliding scale as you go up the alpha values?

Ok I stretched the definition of 5 a bit...

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

LeSigh #9 Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:26 AM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 48859 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

1. Any joy on changing the support interface to show the person who raised the ticket the information they supplied?

2. Why do people who bought a Premium tank receive less rewards from tank rewards than those who don't?  If I own all three tanks I get no final tier reward. I would have thought credit value at the least might be fair.

3. Was it a conscious decision to reverse the changes you announced on raising tickets for suicide and drowning?  Yes I know we can raise the against other things but it was nice to have an accurate description.

4. Is anything being done to fix the ridgeline aiming bugs plaguing the game since 1.0

5. How is whack-a-mole vs the the low tier bot farms going?  As someone said they have moved on from P__C to YETI players with an '_' after them now.

When I think of the next 5 questions I'll use an alt.

This account proudly sponsored by WG

JayRated #10 Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:34 AM

• Administrator
  • 3766 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostCardinalMite, on 27 November 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

Question 1. When can we have the Aufklarungspanzer back as a tier 7 premium? I know at least 3 people that would buy one.

Question 2. Does WG have a single balance team responsible for all new or rebalanced lines & premiums or are there separate teams that have specific areas of responsibility? E.g. was the team that did the the British LTs the same team that did Swedish or Italian mediums? Would they also be in charge of new premiums balance or say IS3a, STB1, Leopards rebalance etc?

Question 3. How will WG pick what tanks are for sale in the bond shop and how frequently will they change?

Question 4. Re: double barreled tanks. What happens if you shoot the turret between the barrels? Is it possible to damage only 1 barrel or both barrels at once? If both barrels are damaged do they repair in parallel I.e. at the same time or serially one after the other?

Question 5. WG have stated many times that they will never change +- 25% RNG on penetration and damage. However over the last several months have been trying to balance an ammo rework on sandbox.

Isn't it fundamentally going to be problematic balancing ammo, especially higher tiers alpha values that are 400+ with 25 % variance? A low roll on a 650 alpha shot is 480 and high roll is 812. That is like 320 hp alpha variance a 650 alpha gun. Surely it would be easier to balance especially with +-2 MM if RNG was reduced at least on a sliding scale as you go up the alpha values?

Ok I stretched the definition of 5 a bit...

1. I know it may seem shocking, but we'd need more than 3 people to justify bringing back a premium tank. Besides, premium tanks are usually removed from sale/distribution for a reason.

2. Tank creation and balancing is headed up by the one team in Minks, led by Alexey Ilyin who you'd probably recognise from a few of the 'Dev Diaries' videos.

3. At the moment there has been no discussion on what's being changed/introduced into the Bonds Shop as it is only in its infancy. However I wouldn't expect to see Chieftain's or 907s in there anytime soon/ever.

4. Without knowing the specifics behind this just yet, I would say it's possible to damage both barrels - say with a well placed HE shot. Again, my guestimation is that they will repair consecutively, rather than simultaneously.

5. While I don't have access to the balance booth, I would say it's 'easier' to modify a universal value like HP or shell damage rather than having to change the specific RNG of a tank based on it's alpha damage. Because using that example, you would have TDs and Heavies who have tier for tier better RNG than LTs and MTs based purely on their alpha.

Always a pleasure, Cardinal. Happy to answer more of your questions if this thread dies down at all. :)

JayRated #11 Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:42 AM

• Administrator
  • 3766 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostLeSigh, on 27 November 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

1. Any joy on changing the support interface to show the person who raised the ticket the information they supplied?

2. Why do people who bought a Premium tank receive less rewards from tank rewards than those who don't?  If I own all three tanks I get no final tier reward. I would have thought credit value at the least might be fair.

3. Was it a conscious decision to reverse the changes you announced on raising tickets for suicide and drowning?  Yes I know we can raise the against other things but it was nice to have an accurate description.

4. Is anything being done to fix the ridgeline aiming bugs plaguing the game since 1.0

5. How is whack-a-mole vs the the low tier bot farms going?  As someone said they have moved on from P__C to YETI players with an '_' after them now.

When I think of the next 5 questions I'll use an alt.

1. The support interface is actually being reworked at the moment, I'm not sure if it will include this feature but it is also partly the answer to your third question.

2. I agree, but unfortunately those who designed this event were the ones who made that decision. You could always sell the Premium Tanks in question and then re-earn them for the same result, if you're confident you'll earn the final tier of rewards.

3. No decisions have been reversed, suicide and drowning still are and have always been against the rules since we made the update. As I mentioned above the CS team is currently trying to consolidate it's ticketing system to make it easier to use and process for both sides, unfortunately the removal of this specific offence in their ticketing system is a temporary part of that process but will always be re-portable. For now, you can submit any of those instances under 'Physics Abuse'

4. It's a very tricky bug, and given how long it's been in the game should suggest how difficult it is to resolve, if at all. Unfortunately I don't have the developer knowledge to comment on the issue beyond that.

5. Yep, having a real fun time with those bots, considering I'm the one with the hammer. I'm currently working with CS to try and identify the IP addresses that all the bot waves from this year have been created from; if I can identify that they're all coming from the one place, my aim is to restrict that particular IPs ability to create accounts. 

Puggsley #12 Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:48 AM

Captain

• 69822 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Hi Jay,

1. Can we have regular statistics on how many people are banned for offenses? At the moment the lack of effective feedback makes the whole process very vague. Surely if someone has gone to the trouble of submitting a ticket, with an independent decision by WG about the incident, then some feedback about if it was actually an offense would help people. I'd prefer to know if that idiot was banned, but at least if it was actually an offense would go some way towards ending the "has my ticket disappeared into the ether" feeling. 

2. Are there any plans to introduce any different maps? 

3. When will missions be modified to reflect significant changes in a whole bunch of base mechanics? 

4. When are new shell characteristics likely to be implemented into the public servers?

5. What's your fav tank?

LeSigh #13 Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:13 PM

• 48859 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostJayRated, on 27 November 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

5. Yep, having a real fun time with those bots, considering I'm the one with the hammer. I'm currently working with CS to try and identify the IP addresses that all the bot waves from this year have been created from; if I can identify that they're all coming from the one place, my aim is to restrict that particular IPs ability to create accounts. 

In a new record my friend just had game with 9 in it. They all crashed into each other so half of them were on their side.

Ezz #14 Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:15 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69271 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostLeSigh, on 27 November 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

In a new record my friend just had game with 9 in it. They all crashed into each other so half of them were on their side.

Replay?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

kovacs #15 Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:19 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 22060 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-

1. Can you push for the King Tiger (captured) to be made permanent after x number of continuous months subscriptions to Twitch Prime (and then have another Twitch tank created)

2. The sound when your tank is hit is really loud to the point where "effects" has to be turned way down. People on NA are saying this is a bug but I'm not sure - please pass this problem on.

3.  Ping to HK continues to be bad, continues to be bad, continues to be bad and yes, Vondle has my log - any progress?

4. Can "Paint" not be the first option when you enter the hangar through "Exterior" to add camo/styles to your tank? It's the least used option and doesn't even add camo modifiers.

5. The jumping horizon reticle - How long has it been now?

Edited by kovacs, 27 November 2019 - 02:28 PM.

LeSigh #16 Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:25 PM

• 48859 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 27 November 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

Replay?

Thought he'd have a look at tier 1... 9+ a side.

Edited by LeSigh, 27 November 2019 - 12:28 PM.

CardinalMite #17 Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:43 PM

Captain

• 29621 battles

View PostJayRated, on 27 November 2019 - 03:34 AM, said:

1. I know it may seem shocking, but we'd need more than 3 people to justify bringing back a premium tank. Besides, premium tanks are usually removed from sale/distribution for a reason.

Always a pleasure, Cardinal. Happy to answer more of your questions if this thread dies down at all. :)

Re. 1. Zynth  would buy it twice. So that makes 4.

Auflklarungspanzer black ftw!

Ezz #18 Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:52 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 69271 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostJayRated, on 27 November 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

However I wouldn't expect to see Chieftain's or 907s in there anytime soon/ever.

Why would the bond shop care about whether a tank is broken or not?

JayRated #19 Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:54 PM

• Administrator
  • 3766 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostPuggsley, on 27 November 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

Hi Jay,

1. Can we have regular statistics on how many people are banned for offenses? At the moment the lack of effective feedback makes the whole process very vague. Surely if someone has gone to the trouble of submitting a ticket, with an independent decision by WG about the incident, then some feedback about if it was actually an offense would help people. I'd prefer to know if that idiot was banned, but at least if it was actually an offense would go some way towards ending the "has my ticket disappeared into the ether" feeling. 

2. Are there any plans to introduce any different maps? 

3. When will missions be modified to reflect significant changes in a whole bunch of base mechanics? 

4. When are new shell characteristics likely to be implemented into the public servers?

5. What's your fav tank?

Hey Pug, hope you're well mate.

1. Yeah absolutely. I'll try and share some for the month just gone by the time I wrap this up on Friday. In regards to not getting a response as to whether the player you've reported has been sanctioned or not, the reason for this is because the person responding to the ticket is not necessarily the person who actions the ban.

2. There certainly are! Expect more maps next year. :)

3. Can't speak to specifics on this one, but there are a lot of quality-of-life chances being introduced to tanks over the next 6-12 months.

4. In terms of the full blown live server, probably early next year? There's a chance for late this year, but I'd say it will still take some more tweaking first.

5. I can't go past the Object 430. Managed to unlock the 430U but I just can't seem to get the same handle on it, with that being said 9 is my favourite tier, so that might have something to do with it. Other highlights include the Caen, IS-3, M53/55, P26/40, and the Lorr. 40t.

LeSigh #20 Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:55 PM

• 48859 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 27 November 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

Why would the bond shop care about whether a tank is broken or not?

The premium shop stopped caring.

Also tagged with AMA, JayMA, Ask Me Anything

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users