Your head

kilig ako

JayRated #122 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:31 PM

Founder and C.E.O. of Friendship Bracelets Pty Ltd

• Administrator
  • 3968 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postjumphonner, on 29 November 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

1. What actually happens when I report a player for being a bot with the in game button?

2. How many bots reported this way have been banned, either temporarily or permanently?

3. Has the chatban count down glitch been fixed?

4. Why is the world so unkind?

5. Is Jay your real name?

1. Have answered this question already earlier in the thread.

2. Would have to pull data from CS, considering that more recently bots have been created in waves, I have been working with CS to delete them in waves.

3. I have raised it with CS.

4. Because we choose to view it unkindly.

5. My real name is Jake, but JakeRated doesn't roll off the tongue as smoothly. :P When I first came up with the name it was JRated23, but I changed it to 'JayRated' so it would look ~so fresh so clean~ in multiplayer lobbies.

JayRated #123 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:33 PM

• Administrator
  • 3968 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostSinglemac, on 29 November 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

1. Can we just get back the plain old vanilla standard tank package when it goes on sale. Case in point, the ERB sale the other day, standard package included crap we don't want. If we had wanted gold  we would have bought gold. Tanitha fought hard to get standard packages for us and now it is being abused more and more in the sales. I might have brought it at the $35 mark of a T8 light but there is no way I was going to buy it for $50 odd.

Interesting, cause Tanitha is the one who creates the bundles too haha. Will pass the feedback on.

JayRated #124 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:42 PM

• Administrator
  • 3968 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 30 November 2019 - 06:01 AM, said:

i have asked my 5 questions (and got them answered). 

Can anyone ask what WG thinks about the current platoon system and what they plan to do to balance the situation??? Make a game mode only for platoons (platoon vs platoon mode). Keep randoms battles without things that cause even more unbalance.

Would be very tricky to facilitate and would also just move the problem moreso than rectify it. If you remember Steel Hunter, the platoon queue was very difficult to get a game in, even on HK, and even then, a dominant platoon absolutely shredded the competition. Sure this begs the 'skill based match-making' question, though I'm not sure if you've seen the news recently, but Call of Duty is copping quite a bit of flak for implementing that very system in Modern Warfare.

_stevethegecko_ #125 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:50 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29350 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Bit of a suggestion rather than question.

In regards to boosters, is it possible to have them last X number of games rather than time? If someone can average 10 games per hour when MM has a lot to choose from. 1 hour boosters could become 10 game and 2 hour could become 20 game.
If this change was implemented do you think it’d help the PCCU of ANZ?

kilig ako

JayRated #126 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:54 PM

• Administrator
  • 3968 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostHexHammer, on 30 November 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

Hi Jayrated

1. Will you consider bringing back tier6 clanwars. They were personally the most fun I have ever had in the game, many others also loved it, and would be a great way to build a great community with new and old players alike

2. Why not censor the inbattle chat mod? Or allow full commentary without getting banned using it. For example here in the forum I cant say the word "  [edited] "  because it is automatically redacted to help me not break the rules, thus avoiding a ban. Too many guys are getting chat bands for swearing in battle. Too many people are getting triggered by that swearing

3. Will you consider a cool down period for chat bans. 5 strikes and you are out is way harsh, particularly if you happen to play the game for many years. Particularly if they are for swearing in battle, where people assume they are allowed to.

4. Holiday Ops 2019 was great fun, where you could get crates and build your tree. Is that coming back this year?

5. Why not run this thread the whole time? Sometims people just feel better to know they have been heard by a WG staff, the US and EU forum have regular staff present on those forums

I was coming back to answer all of the questions that were asked after said I would stop taking responses, but I see you've already brought my 'work ethic' into question for not replying to you on a Saturday. GG.

1. I've answered this question already in the previous Jay-MA thread, you can find a link to that in the OP.

2. As has been answered for you, this is a feature that has been available in the game client for quite some time.

3. Why would you assume you are allowed to swear in battle? Profanity has been prohibited by the game rules for as long has the game has been available. On top of that, I respectfully disagree that 5 strikes before a chat ban is 'way harsh'. I have been playing multiplayer games for over 15 years and have never been sanctioned for inappropriate language in any game once. If you can't take a hint after 5 suggestions that the way you're talking to other community members is not acceptable then you do not deserve to be able to engage with them using that feature.

4. You will find out within the next few days! :popcorn:

5. Because I am but one man, and I do not have the capacity to manage an AMA thread 24/7 among all of the other official channels I have to oversee, in and out of the game itself. Besides, even if I kept it open all the time I would probably not be able to respond to all questions immediately, which I'm told is not an acceptable level of work ethic.

jumphonner #127 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:54 PM

First lieutenant

• 56728 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostJayRated, on 03 December 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

3. I have raised it with CS.

We'll see on December 8 around 8pm AEDST.

Edited by jumphonner, 03 December 2019 - 12:55 PM.

Infamous BOT, Seal Clubber, Stat Padder and Skrublord. Mates of the Corrupt and The Sage of Asia ™.

2 MoE: KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU100, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

Occasionally seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard

#Morethanafeeling

JayRated #128 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:55 PM

• Administrator
  • 3968 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postmttspiii, on 30 November 2019 - 02:08 AM, said:

How to get Filipino as client language?

It was a feature that was available a long time ago but removed due to lack of resources on our side and lack of use by the community. I'm sorry!

JayRated #129 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:55 PM

• Administrator
  • 3968 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostFeeTFooD, on 03 December 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

Bit of a suggestion rather than question.

In regards to boosters, is it possible to have them last X number of games rather than time? If someone can average 10 games per hour when MM has a lot to choose from. 1 hour boosters could become 10 game and 2 hour could become 20 game.
If this change was implemented do you think it’d help the PCCU of ANZ?

As mentioned, there are improvements coming to boosters next year that I believe will remedy a lot of the frustrations present with their current form.

JayRated #130 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:59 PM

• Administrator
  • 3968 battles
  • [WG] WG

Alright guys as I mentioned this AMA ended on Friday afternoon I was just being a #goodguy and wrapping up all of the questions that floated in over the weekend. Hoping to do another one of these real soon but given the crazy nature of the Christmas period I probably won't be able to squeeze one in until I get back from holiday leave in January.

Until then, feel free to send me a message on any channel that suits your fancy, I'm always open for a chat! Thank you for your questions and the respectful way everyone involved handled this thread.

Cheers,

- JR <3

CardinalMite #131 Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:50 PM

Captain

• 29635 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Thanks Jay, these really are appreciated.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

chook_on_a_stick #132 Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:35 PM

Corporal

• 16207 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View PostJayRated, on 29 November 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

1. As a free to play game that already cops a lot of flak for it's paid features and paying customers, do you think it'd be a smart call to reward people for how much money they've spent in the game? Besides, someone who's inactive and received the reward isn't exactly flexing it over you anyway, because they've stopped playing, all of the Super Hellcats you've seen in the game are from players who have been around for years and are still playing the game, hence the Well Deserved Reward, so I believe this is a bit of a moot point.

Pretty sure the free to play players are keeping WG running (or paying your salary) .
What was that famous  business aphorism - oh "the freeloader is always right"?

All good then.
I hear you loud and clear: stop spending and freeload longer.

Flying_Elite #133 Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:23 PM

Always blame Hema!

• 30985 battles
  • [FORT] FORT
Thread served it's purpose, Thread locked.
~Fying_Elite

Spoiler

Also tagged with AMA, JayMA, Ask Me Anything

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users