• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

JayRated #21 Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:56 PM

Founder and C.E.O. of Friendship Bracelets Pty Ltd

• Administrator
  • 4234 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostEzz, on 27 November 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

Why would the bond shop care about whether a tank is broken or not?

The Bond Shop wouldn't, because it's a computer program. But WeeGee would, because there would be blood on the streets if we sold the Chieftain for bonds hahaha.

Dieselnuts #22 Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:59 PM

Sergeant

• 15042 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

1. Whats is WG's view on wheeled tanks? E.g Are they happy with them? Any plans to rework them? Any regrets?

2. What is your view on wheeled tanks? Are you happy with them?

3. Can you confirm that the in game reporting feature actually does anything?

4. How much time do you spend roughly playing WoT? Do you enjoy it?

5. What do you think is the most important aspect of the game that needs fixing?

K4BeeTee #23 Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:06 PM

Corporal

• 13470 battles

View PostEzz, on 27 November 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

Righteous!

View PostJayRated, on 27 November 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

A radical superlative and one of my finest qualities, so I'm told. :P

Oh man....Im never going to live this down...lol

Ezz #24 Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:27 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostJayRated, on 27 November 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

The Bond Shop wouldn't, because it's a computer program. But WeeGee would, because there would be blood on the streets if we sold the Chieftain for bonds hahaha.

I guess the point was that limiting availability doesn't fix balance. This is clear from various other tanks wg limit the availability of. It clearly hasn't stopped them from being broken.

View PostK4BeeTee, on 27 November 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

Oh man....Im never going to live this down...lol

Live it down?!? I was tempted to try to give you credit it for it somehow.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

pr154 #25 Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:35 PM

Sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 22396 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Hi Jay! Thanks for giving this another go!

I think this query/clarification might have passed us by last Jay-MA - Cheers!

pr154, on 06 September 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

Hey Jay, love your work and thanks for providing this opportunity to those that can't always be there for the WG on-the-ground events...

The Clan Content in World of Tanks is quite broad, and by catering to a wide range of Tier Capability it makes it very accessible. It seems however to be very much reliant on the willingness of Clan Senior Officers to promote the content to their members. Clan loyalties often run strong as they are underpinned by ties of family and frienship (IRL or otherwise), and I can't help but feel there's a massive untapped reserve of willing participants in clan content who are rendered blissfully ignorant by apathetic senior officers. This anecdote has been supported by a number of our recruits, whom we'd taken months to extract from otherwise inactive clans.

The Question:

Is there more that can be done to promote the clan content of the game to the individual account-holder rather than be reliant on the clan command to get people involved?

View PostJayRated, on 06 September 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

Hey PR, my pleasure, love the question. Just want to make sure I'm fully understanding you. When you talk about clan content, do you mean promoting events like Global Map and Campaigns on a macro level? Or do you mean more in terms of an in-game notification system that would alert online clan members a battle will be commencing or something like that?

View Postpr154, on 06 September 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

Thanks mate, my question goes more towards promoting the existence of events on the Global Map as they arise and the existence and format of other Clan v Clan content such as strongholds generally.

The premise of the question is that I would like to see account holders able to make an informed choice as to whether they stay in their existing clan or join a clan that participates in that competitive content.

Even a fairly organised clan like ours with a high degree of member enthusiasm for Clan modes of the game is still reliant on our senior officers to tell our rank-and-file what is going on. 

Edited by pr154, 27 November 2019 - 01:36 PM.

CardinalMite #26 Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:15 PM

Captain

• 30873 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostJayRated, on 27 November 2019 - 04:56 AM, said:

Yet not for an M60. They are both rewards for the same thing. 

And we established that WG doesn't limit sales of a tank for balance reasons.

Edited by CardinalMite, 27 November 2019 - 02:19 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

TheReturned #27 Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:21 PM

Snowflake

• 1335 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS
Why did you steal my rightful title as Founder of friendship bracelets.
I Was Once Thrown To The Wolves. Now I Lead The Pack!

JayRated #28 Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:41 PM

• Administrator
  • 4234 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostDieselnuts, on 27 November 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

1. Whats is WG's view on wheeled tanks? E.g Are they happy with them? Any plans to rework them? Any regrets?

2. What is your view on wheeled tanks? Are you happy with them?

3. Can you confirm that the in game reporting feature actually does anything?

4. How much time do you spend roughly playing WoT? Do you enjoy it?

5. What do you think is the most important aspect of the game that needs fixing?

1. Believe it or not WG would still be in the data collection/testing phase of such a big addition to the game. While they're light tanks, they're basically they're own class of vehicle, so any changes to them would need to be treated with the same seriousness as changing the mechanics of a whole class. They've only been out for 10 months, and the EBR has only been sold once (or twice? Definitely no more than twice if so), HQ would've wanted to examine data after a full season of Frontline, their impact on Ranked Battles and so on. While there are no plans to rework them at this time, they are certainly not exempt from changes.

2. I think wheeled vehicles add a refreshing dimension to the existing gameplay meta. While I agree with the community that their impact on the Frontline mode is far too significant, I don't expect to be an unfixable issue.

3. I can! It basically works as an archival system with automatic triggers. If a person is reported that report is archived against their account, if they receive a significant number of reports then the system will automatically trigger a sanction.

4. I play World of Tanks for a few hours a week! Depends on what my schedule looks like obviously it varies, but I've been playing for just over two years and have just under 4,000 battles so far; so I think that works out to be roughly five battles a day. I certainly enjoy it! It took me about 700 battles to really understand what I was doing (and I still have a long way to go) but I believe there is a level of depth and challenge in World of Tanks that is difficult to find in other multiplayer games; and that is what will keep me coming back even if I no longer worked for WG.

5. I have always been a big advocate for making the game more accessible/understandable for a newer players. I think the tutorials/early stages of the player journey are quite abrasive and intimidating for someone who isn't familiar with the game/multiplayer in general. Even with tens of thousands of multiplayer hours under my belt there was still dozens of scenarios in my early months of Tanks where I had absolutely NFI what was going on, and not everyone has the benefit of being able to seek advice from some of the best players in their community like I have been fortunate enough to do.

JayRated #29 Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:42 PM

• Administrator
  • 4234 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostEzz, on 27 November 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

I guess the point was that limiting availability doesn't fix balance. This is clear from various other tanks wg limit the availability of. It clearly hasn't stopped them from being broken.

Live it down?!? I was tempted to try to give you credit it for it somehow.

Bonus points for you Ezz, Ferris is in my top five favourite movies of all time.

JayRated #30 Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:46 PM

• Administrator
  • 4234 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postpr154, on 27 November 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

Hi Jay! Thanks for giving this another go!

I think this query/clarification might have passed us by last Jay-MA - Cheers!

Thanks for dropping by again PR! Was going to ping you if I didn't hear from you in this thread anytime soon.

Yeah there's absolutely more we can do to support CWs and their respective run-times. We recently got the ability to make custom in-game notifications which we trialled the use of for Frontline on ANZ. I'd also like to intergrate clan activity more within the Asia Discord server so WeeGees can ping users under a certain role when clan activities are about to start, and clan leaders can more actively recruit/promote their clan and the type of clan it is.

JayRated #31 Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:47 PM

• Administrator
  • 4234 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostCardinalMite, on 27 November 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

Yet not for an M60. They are both rewards for the same thing. 

And we established that WG doesn't limit sales of a tank for balance reasons.

The M60 has been around for years, it's literally a meme. I think you'd find it difficult to find someone who still considers the M60 to have the same impact on current meta as any of the more recent tier 10 reward vehicles.

JayRated #32 Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:48 PM

• Administrator
  • 4234 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostTheReturned, on 27 November 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

Why did you steal my rightful title as Founder of friendship bracelets.

Oh please, I was giving out friendship bracelets before I even knew you existed. :hiding:

CardinalMite #33 Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:56 PM

Captain

• 30873 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostJayRated, on 27 November 2019 - 06:47 AM, said:

The M60 has been around for years, it's literally a meme. I think you'd find it difficult to find someone who still considers the M60 to have the same impact on current meta as any of the more recent tier 10 reward vehicles.

I completely agree with you, it certainly does not have the same impact on current meta as a Chieftain.

Altthough I would submit the Chieftain is also a meme.... just a different kind.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

Flying_Elite #34 Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:12 PM

Always blame Hema!

• 31847 battles
  • [FLSBK] FLSBK

View PostJayRated, on 27 November 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

Oh please, I was giving out friendship bracelets before I even knew you existed. :hiding:

I'm still waiting for mine, it was supposed to be pink with little flowers on the beads. Feelsbadman

Spoiler

Ezz #35 Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:21 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Jay, has anyone at WG started discussing whether there will be a point in the declining population that WG will actually start addressing stuff like the broken tanks? Any chance it's soon or even soon tm as opposed to 'hang on, we have 14 new premiums to release first'?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

DeL_UwU #36 Posted 27 November 2019 - 04:13 PM

Private

• 1572 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

Hi,

1. I think there should be more incentive for experienced players, to assist newer players. and for it to be easier for newer players to see people who are best qualified to help, As much as it pains me to say it what Ravvi and Thomark have done with WOT-U Seems to be a good start, but they seem to be toiling for no reward. Whether it should be some small gold compensation or something else im not sure. Want to get your opinion

2. Will there ever be a time where the analytics of ANZ server will become public access, 2k Pop on HK Seems much much faster like way more then 2x the speed of 1k on ANZ, Which seems unusual and would be interested were all these players are. (Specifically Tier 10)

3. Whats your opinion on Gold ammo rebalance (less pen, more damage) I personally think this buffs super heavies to much and it will just shift the meta into a slower more painful meta. I think most people who have issues with gold are just not knowledgeable enough of the maps/tank they are using and are getting punished for it. I personally can crank out 3k+ blocked in a MAUS with relative ease, if even less people are spamming gold this will become much more broken.

4. obvious 279e questions, are HQ reviewing it. Its neither fun to play or fun to play against.

5. You smell nice today.

Edited by DeL_luvs_FL, 27 November 2019 - 04:13 PM.

Centrifugal_force #37 Posted 27 November 2019 - 04:51 PM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 31334 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
I replaced the washer on my sink tap but its still dripping, what should I do?

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

Spoiler

Zynth #38 Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:48 PM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 26681 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

When will Wargaming give me back my Aufklärungspanzer Panther? It's been 4 years.

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

CardinalMite #39 Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:55 PM

Captain

• 30873 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostZynth, on 27 November 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

When will Wargaming give me back my Aufklärungspanzer Panther? It's been 4 years.

Promise to buy it twice Jay'll cave if you do. Inb4 black version. 

Edited by CardinalMite, 27 November 2019 - 05:55 PM.

HoPeY_ #40 Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:23 PM

Major

• 104130 battles
  • [M-E-G] M-E-G
1. What thought process went into removing tier 8 from CW. Was anyone on the server asked? if so was from low to high end clans asked?. If Europe still has tier 8 are they also noticing the significant drop in activity in tier 10 or is having tier 8 available slowly feeding numbers up. Can you look into that and see if some thought can be put into bringing back tier 8 so new people can get involved.

Also tagged with AMA, JayMA, Ask Me Anything

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users