Jay-MA II: Revelations

AMA JayMA Ask Me Anything

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

Ezz #41 Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:25 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostCardinalMite, on 27 November 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

Promise to buy it twice Jay'll cave if you do. Inb4 black version. 

I'd snaffle it up if released as a tier 7 prem in the same form it was removed. Not so sure about it if they up tiered it tho.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_stevethegecko_ #42 Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:27 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 29350 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 27 November 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

I'd snaffle it up if released as a tier 7 prem in the same form it was removed. Not so sure about it if they up tiered it tho.

I would too. I loved ramming things with it. Plus, the konisch was awesome

kilig ako

FramFramson #43 Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:39 PM

Major

• 47148 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

1) What are the odds that the King Tiger (c) will get the same treatment as the HT IV did, in that it started out attached to the "Wrong" nation, but a later version was made which was simply a reskin, but in the correct nation (Tiger 131, the Bovington tie-in). Perhaps a similar cross-promotion could even be worked out with the Musée des Blindées in Samur, France, which has one of the two currently running Tiger IIs? After so many years, I - and many players - would LOVE to play a more-or-less historically-accurate (by WoT standards) and correctly-tiered Tiger II. Plus a GOOD T7 German HT trainer is clearly missing from the current lineup.

2) You mentioned new maps. What are the odds that we will see larger, more dynamic maps? Specifically with more pathways for flanking, less huge, impassable areas dead to play (huge mountains, etc.) and just more size overall. For example, I would be over the moon to play regular matches on Hinterland.

3) What's going on with Grand Battles anyway? I haven't seen any in months and I'm not alone. Are T8s no longer eligible to play on them? (I've played TX too, but I've played a lot more T8)

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Napalmer #44 Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:41 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 49920 battles
  • [FORT] FORT

1. The Sydney Event was great, and so was Cairns. Any ideas as to what month next year the next player gathering will be?

2. Have you considered becoming partnered with the Unbranded Lemon Beverage?

3. Any idea when the Ranked Compensation will be given out, and how it will be done?

4. What's your thoughts on the Sandbox server? Personally, I don't like any of the changes.

5. Double-barrelled tanks before Christmas? :hiding:

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

Ezz #45 Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:07 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Napes what's 3 all about?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Napalmer #46 Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:34 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 49920 battles
  • [FORT] FORT

View PostEzz, on 27 November 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

Napes what's 3 all about?

Basically we didn't get the first part of ranked, which EU and RU got. We were promised some way to get the rewards from that, but no information for ages. :(

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, T37, Hellcat, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, WZ-131G FT, IS-3, T-54, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Super Conqueror,

AMX 50B, STB-1

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

Ezz #47 Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:39 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Ah, I'd just assumed we were getting the equivalent of their 3 in our 2. I second the question then.

HoPeY_ #48 Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:44 PM

Major

• 104055 battles
  • [M-E-G] M-E-G

2. 90% of players I see in 279's seem to have bought them. That fine? should we all buy them as they are hard to deal with in CW.

3. Obvious place to grind them seems to be the AU server when you see 100 online when it should be empty. Any chance of controlling the opening times of AU to stop rigging?

chook_on_a_stick #49 Posted 27 November 2019 - 09:40 PM

Corporal

• 17879 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
1) How come someone who has not played in years  and quite possibly spent no money in the game, gets a free tank for being "loyal" (i.e. remaining registered) , but a player who has played say 10K+ games and spent possibly thousands of dollars in the last say 12 months gets (comparitively speaking) zip e.g.https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/well-deserved-reward-1118/   or  https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/seniority-awards-2019-announcement/  ? Why reward players who do not play and do not spend money ? What is the logic here? Why does WG value them more than people who play and actually spend money?
2) Why does the Asia staff not run giveaways and do videos like the EU and NA servers? 
3)  What Napalmer said about ranked - where is our chance to pick up the missed bonds?
4)  Why is the Asia English website never up to date (i.e. articles are posted on the EU or NA server days before they get tot he Asia portal) when compared to teh EU and the NA server - this is especially weird given that we are AHEAD of those time zones....?
5) Take a break.... have a freebie - this question is on me. ;-)

Edited by chook_on_a_stick, 27 November 2019 - 11:51 PM.

LeSigh #50 Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:36 PM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 51295 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHoPeY_, on 28 November 2019 - 12:44 AM, said:

3. Obvious place to grind them seems to be the AU server when you see 100 online when it should be empty. Any chance of controlling the opening times of AU to stop rigging?

tbf 90 of those are low tier bot farms.

This account proudly sponsored by WG

NameWasStolenStresslevel #51 Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:01 AM

Captain

• 45933 battles

Hello JayRated and thank you for the oportunity. I have 5 questions. It would be nice if i could get at least some of them answered but not worries if you cant.

1- Are there any problems with Honk Kong (HK) server regarding hardware or structural issues on handling large populations in peak hours? 

Details

2- What about adding some badge or prizes or skin/camo for forum engaged community??

Details

3- Is the player base really decreasing like some people said or is there any prediction that the game is going to lose players? 

Details

4- Will WG remove Win rate statistics from WTR metrics???

Details

5- Do you think it would be nice to have more statistics in the game like "Platoon Ratio" (number of battles in a platoon) or "Annonymous Ratio" (number of battles while playing using the annonnymizer feature)??.

Details

Thx and good day!

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 28 November 2019 - 02:41 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

JayRated #52 Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:39 AM

Founder and C.E.O. of Friendship Bracelets Pty Ltd

• Administrator
  • 4167 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostHoPeY_, on 27 November 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

1. What thought process went into removing tier 8 from CW. Was anyone on the server asked? if so was from low to high end clans asked?. If Europe still has tier 8 are they also noticing the significant drop in activity in tier 10 or is having tier 8 available slowly feeding numbers up. Can you look into that and see if some thought can be put into bringing back tier 8 so new people can get involved.

If I had a dollar for every time I've seen you bring this up Hopey, I wouldn't need to be in this job to answer you hahaha.

The thought process was to incentivise more people to play the endgame content WoT has to offer. Considering Tanks is at its core an MMO and the objective of an MMO is to get its users to endgame (Tier 10).

Just because Tier 8 isn't available at any given time, does not mean that will always be the case.

JayRated #53 Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:49 AM

• Administrator
  • 4167 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostFramFramson, on 27 November 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

1) What are the odds that the King Tiger (c) will get the same treatment as the HT IV did, in that it started out attached to the "Wrong" nation, but a later version was made which was simply a reskin, but in the correct nation (Tiger 131, the Bovington tie-in). Perhaps a similar cross-promotion could even be worked out with the Musée des Blindées in Samur, France, which has one of the two currently running Tiger IIs? After so many years, I - and many players - would LOVE to play a more-or-less historically-accurate (by WoT standards) and correctly-tiered Tiger II. Plus a GOOD T7 German HT trainer is clearly missing from the current lineup.

2) You mentioned new maps. What are the odds that we will see larger, more dynamic maps? Specifically with more pathways for flanking, less huge, impassable areas dead to play (huge mountains, etc.) and just more size overall. For example, I would be over the moon to play regular matches on Hinterland.

3) What's going on with Grand Battles anyway? I haven't seen any in months and I'm not alone. Are T8s no longer eligible to play on them? (I've played TX too, but I've played a lot more T8)

1. Given the recent introduction of nation switching for tanks like the T34-85 Rudy, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Captured King Tiger be introduced to this list.

2. I can't speak to the specifics of the map design itself unfortunately, as haven't seen any of the designs/redesigns first hand.

3. Tier 8s definitely still have the ability to play Grand Battles, my last GB was in a Tier 8. However it's not an overly popular game mode as a lot of people have the option to play them switched off. Add recent events like Frontline, Ranked Battles and so on, the player base is divided between all of these different modes, making it harder to pull 60 people into a GB. Take the HK server for example, there's usually about 1-200 people in the queue at any one time. Provided that more than one quarter of these individuals are queuing at either Tier 8 or 10, if even one of the people in the queue have GBs disabled, the matchmaker can't generate one.

HoPeY_ #54 Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:49 AM

Major

• 104055 battles
  • [M-E-G] M-E-G

View PostJayRated, on 28 November 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

If I had a dollar for every time I've seen you bring this up Hopey, I wouldn't need to be in this job to answer you hahaha.

The thought process was to incentivise more people to play the endgame content WoT has to offer. Considering Tanks is at its core an MMO and the objective of an MMO is to get its users to endgame (Tier 10).

Just because Tier 8 isn't available at any given time, does not mean that will always be the case.

Sorry for being passionate about the game and seeing issues. You skipped looking at the core of my question. Are EU numbers down as far as ours? if not is that because they still have tier 8 available and hence a structure for new players to rise to this so called top tier.

Edited by HoPeY_, 28 November 2019 - 08:53 AM.

FramFramson #55 Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:04 AM

Major

• 47148 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostJayRated, on 27 November 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

1. Given the recent introduction of nation switching for tanks like the T34-85 Rudy, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Captured King Tiger be introduced to this list.

2. I can't speak to the specifics of the map design itself unfortunately, as haven't seen any of the designs/redesigns first hand.

3. Tier 8s definitely still have the ability to play Grand Battles, my last GB was in a Tier 8. However it's not an overly popular game mode as a lot of people have the option to play them switched off. Add recent events like Frontline, Ranked Battles and so on, the player base is divided between all of these different modes, making it harder to pull 60 people into a GB. Take the HK server for example, there's usually about 1-200 people in the queue at any one time. Provided that more than one quarter of these individuals are queuing at either Tier 8 or 10, if even one of the people in the queue have GBs disabled, the matchmaker can't generate one.

I thought restrictions on a full 60 had been relaxed on our server to allow 50-man GB's? Or was that rolled back?

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

HoPeY_ #56 Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:08 AM

Major

• 104055 battles
  • [M-E-G] M-E-G
Haven't seen GB in months in spite of it going to 48. Turned off me thinks.

Vader108 #57 Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:49 AM

Sergeant

• 58057 battles

View Postkovacs, on 27 November 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

1. Can you push for the King Tiger (captured) to be made permanent after x number of continuous months subscriptions to Twitch Prime (and then have another Twitch tank created)

Yes this!

Puggsley #58 Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:49 AM

Captain

• 72648 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostHoPeY_, on 28 November 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

Sorry for being passionate about the game and seeing issues. You skipped looking at the core of my question. Are EU numbers down as far as ours? if not is that because they still have tier 8 available and hence a structure for new players to rise to this so called top tier.

Would be pretty hard to nail down as the specific reason for number changes. 

While I understand a part of the idea of having a "division" for people not currently involved in CW to come into the risk is that that very division dilutes the TX CW player base.

Maybe this could be offset with having a limited number of times a player can be in T(not X) CW so that it does not become a place where people can stagnate or beat up on clans coming through. Rewards are minimal because the express purpose is to provide a pipeline for people to move to TX CW, not to have T(not X) just for its own sake.

JayRated #59 Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:58 AM

• Administrator
  • 4167 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostDeL_luvs_FL, on 27 November 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

Hi,

1. I think there should be more incentive for experienced players, to assist newer players. and for it to be easier for newer players to see people who are best qualified to help, As much as it pains me to say it what Ravvi and Thomark have done with WOT-U Seems to be a good start, but they seem to be toiling for no reward. Whether it should be some small gold compensation or something else im not sure. Want to get your opinion

2. Will there ever be a time where the analytics of ANZ server will become public access, 2k Pop on HK Seems much much faster like way more then 2x the speed of 1k on ANZ, Which seems unusual and would be interested were all these players are. (Specifically Tier 10)

3. Whats your opinion on Gold ammo rebalance (less pen, more damage) I personally think this buffs super heavies to much and it will just shift the meta into a slower more painful meta. I think most people who have issues with gold are just not knowledgeable enough of the maps/tank they are using and are getting punished for it. I personally can crank out 3k+ blocked in a MAUS with relative ease, if even less people are spamming gold this will become much more broken.

4. obvious 279e questions, are HQ reviewing it. Its neither fun to play or fun to play against.

5. You smell nice today.

Hey DeL, nice account you've got there.

1. I absolutely agree and would hope to see more experienced members of our community offering a helping hand to newer players. There is more we can do to facilitate that on our end, and I hope to introduce stuff like that next year. I'm not sure I'd be overly keen to pay these buddies in gold, considering a) how would you measure that, and b) there are already things in place like the referral program that reward both parties for their participation. Furthermore, the incentive should be to create a healthier and more skillful community, which benefits everyone rather than looking to support the already established individual.

2. I can't just release the data no, but I'm continuously trying to push Asia and HQ to be more transparent regarding the ANZ server, it's just about establishing what objective we serve by doing so.

3. I personally like Blitz' gold ammo system (higher pen, less alpha) but that's a different game and a different meta on a different platform so it's never as easy as it seems. I would expect the ammo rebalance to be an ongoing process with each iteration getting closer to the best case scenario. Of course, the 'best case scenario' is always a subjective one and meta will always change with or without an ammo rebalance.

4. As I mentioned earlier in the thread about wheeled vehicles, while it seems like it's been around for a while the 279(e) has only been in the game for little over a year, and it's important to consider how this impacts all levels of the game from pubs, Clan Wars, ranked Battles and so on before implementing any changes. With that being said, I haven't heard of any plans from HQ to revisit the 279 at this time.

5. Thank you, I'm wearing a new cologne.

JayRated #60 Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:00 AM

• Administrator
  • 4167 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostCenturion_IRL, on 27 November 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

I replaced the washer on my sink tap but its still dripping, what should I do?

Hit it with a wrench until the drip turns into a geyser; now you have decent water pressure all the time.

Also tagged with AMA, JayMA, Ask Me Anything

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users