• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

JayRated #81 Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:42 AM

Founder and C.E.O. of Friendship Bracelets Pty Ltd

• Administrator
  • 3766 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostFeeTFooD, on 28 November 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

I know I’ve already had my questions but I do have one more.

Low population on the ANZ cluster means a lot of us are forced to go to HK to play anything above T5 before 6pm DST. For some of us, the ping and packet loss can suddenly spike and become unplayable.

As a result, if we want to play with a stable connection we’re stuck playing T5 against bots. Are there any plans to add :bots: in T6 vehicles? Some of the time they better than actual players (seeing people lose to :bots: is hilarious). This would open up T6 and 7 outside of peak times.

Is this something you would be willing to implement?

It's something we'd be open to but the challenge is programming the bots to play at increasingly higher levels of play. It's the same reason bots haven't been introduced to support Frontline on ANZ.

FeeTFooD #82 Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:44 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 27955 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostJayRated, on 29 November 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

4. This is due to some redirect anomalies that are sending players to the ANZ server upon login, it was occurring last weekend too. They're not bots.

5. Just trying to work out what you're implying through all the red pen. Are you saying you have a better understanding of what the community needs? There's a fair few people I know who'd beg to differ. Managing a game is not about tailoring the experience to how one particular individual likes to play a game, it's about trying to find a compromise that works for the most elite high skill player and the noobiest noob. It's almost an impossible task, which is why variables are always subject to change.

It’d be accurate to say that WG does things for the average player. 

I remember listening to a podcast and something was mentioned about what the end user actually wants. There was a survey done on a particular airline where - out of all of the complaints and suggestions that people were making - the thing that most people wanted ended up being cheaper flights. Of course cheaper flights means cuts to other things, and people will complain about that. 

Combining replies

The bots at T5 are more competent than many of the players during off peak hours. They spam gold, they reset bases and capture and have fairly good situational awareness. The path finding can be amusing at times and they do sometimes drive around backwards, but I’ve seen human players spend the entire match at the red line behind base calling everyone else noobs. 

Edited by FeeTFooD, 29 November 2019 - 10:47 AM.

kilig ako

kovacs #83 Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:45 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 22060 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-

From the first page (must have got missed as the questions came thick and fast)

1. Can you push for the King Tiger (captured) to be made permanent after x number of continuous months subscriptions to Twitch Prime (and then have another Twitch tank created)

2. The sound when your tank is hit is really loud to the point where "effects" has to be turned way down. People on NA are saying this is a bug but I'm not sure - please pass this problem on.

3.  Ping to HK continues to be bad, continues to be bad, continues to be bad and yes, Vondle has my log - any progress?

4. Can "Paint" not be the first option when you enter the hangar through "Exterior" to add camo/styles to your tank? It's the least used option and doesn't even add camo modifiers.

5. The jumping horizon reticle - How long has it been now?

JayRated #84 Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:45 AM

• Administrator
  • 3766 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostEzz, on 28 November 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

As a side suggestion that has come up a few times - but could the boosters be rejigged so queue time isn't counted. Might keep a few more people playing on ANZ who would normally switch to HK so not to waste their reserves.

View PostVader108, on 28 November 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

Yes, people like me... :hiding:

Seriously the reason I mostly play on the HK server is not the queue time, its the wasting of reserves. 

If reserves counted in game time only I would be on Au way more. 

View PostCardinalMite, on 28 November 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

Agreed. The way reserves work right now actively disincentivises players from playing on the ANZ server.

Right now I am intensively grinding for credits and using a credit booster on the ANZ server is incredibly wasteful as you watch it tick down while queuing. I would almost always use the ANZ server if it wasn't for this.

View Postpr154, on 28 November 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Rejigging so that they operate like the national camouflage or tank rental system (i.e. +50% credits for the next 10 battles) would probably encourage more social play with reserves running as well... You don't want to be waiting for your mates to win/die any more than you want to wait in queue while those reserves are ticking away

Totally valid feedback. I completely understand. 

While I can't speak to improvements to boosters in their current form I know there is a lot of tweaks coming next year including newer versions of boosters that work in different ways. I don't want to go as far to say they don't count your time out of battle because I'm not 1000% sure on that but I do think they'll be significantly better than the current iteration.

JayRated #85 Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:48 AM

• Administrator
  • 3766 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostLeSigh, on 29 November 2019 - 07:38 AM, said:

Bonus question. Is there any chance we could see a 'coming this month' news item like other servers do and Asia used to to let us know what specials might be coming?

We've brought this up numerous times but unfortunately Tanitha has the final say on this one and what he says is no. :(

JayRated #86 Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:51 AM

• Administrator
  • 3766 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostEzz, on 29 November 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

3. Find a group of willing participants, go to empty server at odd hours, click battle. Totally legit and I wouldn't ever advocate rigging. I'm sure wg have extensive checks in place to prevent this right???

We do, but this isn't an issue exclusive to ANZ. Battle rigging happens all over the world, in almost every game where doing so has value. CS monitors this problem constantly but as I'm sure you can appreciate it's not the easiest thing to flat out remove.

JayRated #87 Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:00 AM

• Administrator
  • 3766 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postkovacs, on 29 November 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

From the first page (must have got missed as the questions came thick and fast)

1. Can you push for the King Tiger (captured) to be made permanent after x number of continuous months subscriptions to Twitch Prime (and then have another Twitch tank created)

2. The sound when your tank is hit is really loud to the point where "effects" has to be turned way down. People on NA are saying this is a bug but I'm not sure - please pass this problem on.

3.  Ping to HK continues to be bad, continues to be bad, continues to be bad and yes, Vondle has my log - any progress?

4. Can "Paint" not be the first option when you enter the hangar through "Exterior" to add camo/styles to your tank? It's the least used option and doesn't even add camo modifiers.

5. The jumping horizon reticle - How long has it been now?

Sorry Kovacs, didn't mean to skip you.

1. Will certainly pass on this feedback.

2. Will do! I've noticed it a couple of times myself, but only since 1.6, hoping it'll be resolved by 1.7

3. We've made a heap of optimisations over the past month and we've heard of positive results from our players since the most recent improvements made in the past week. Please let me know if abnormally high ping continues to be an issue for you.

4. Not much I can do about this one, but I'll send it up the chain.

5. Answered this one already earlier in this thread. :)

Ezz #88 Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:03 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69271 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostJayRated, on 29 November 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

We do, but this isn't an issue exclusive to ANZ. Battle rigging happens all over the world, in almost every game where doing so has value. CS monitors this problem constantly but as I'm sure you can appreciate it's not the easiest thing to flat out remove.

It is one that appears more prevalent on our server as Cardinal mentioned. Either that or our assortment of 50% and below players with 279s may just be very talented. I'd guess anz's specific population pattern would make it one of if not the easiest target for riggers.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

kovacs #89 Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:04 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 22060 battles
  • [-RGB-] -RGB-
Cheers, Number 5. Looks like it might be being fixed in the next Common Test iteration: "Fixed a bug with the jumps of the central marker in the sniper scope during the operation of the system for automatic calculation of the elevation angle of the gun."

U12D13 #90 Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:08 AM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 40082 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI
1) Increase number of daily reports pls. 10 is not enough with the standard 2 reports on average/ game.

2) Premium Tank locking feature when? Ie, Players can own a premium tank, but cant play them unless they have at least a same-tier tech tree unlocked. To prevent new players from ruining high tier games by buying into it/ protecting themselves from themselves/ discouraging rerolls etc. 100-battles tier 8 premium players running around are seriously degrading this game right now.

3) Report function for people that are clearly "unfit for tier" when? These people need their own server or drop back down a few tiers to get their bearings right before proceeding any further.

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [FUNI] family! Weekly Strongholds and CWs~ Now recruiting!

Puggsley #91 Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:23 AM

Captain

• 69805 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
When asking the questions they need to ask as well as what you want what would you give up to get it. 

nev3r #92 Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:48 AM

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 6922 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostNapalmer, on 27 November 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

3. Any idea when the Ranked Compensation will be given out, and how it will be done?

View PostJayRated, on 29 November 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

3. As Ezz hypothesised in a comment below yours, I am under the impression that the rewards that Asia missed out on from season 1 of RB will be divided between the payouts for seasons 2/3 or provided at the end of season 3. But I have confirmed that Asia players will be compensated for the missing season, Matteo would be able to provide more clarity on the when and how.

Hello there!

Just to clarify first, this is not a "compensation" but a "reallocation".
Compensation would mean everybody receives something for a system malfunction / failure (basically WG saying we're sorry), while in this case the plan is to reallocate the reward budget of one Ranked Battles season to a different activity.
This means that only some players will be able to get these rewards, same as Ranked Battles.

Cleared this, we're still discussing with HQ and NA (since they're on the same boat) on how to redistribute them. The original idea was to run a dedicated event just to distribute Ranked rewards, but due to the tight schedule we are also considering merging it with an already existing event in the calendar and increase its prize pool.
Please mind that the Ranked rewards distribution method, being it through missions or in a different way, will still target the same playerbase that usually joins Ranked Battles (Tier 10 + not limited to clans only).

Dates and format not confirmed yet, but we expect the current Ranked Battles iteration to be completed by spring 2020. This including the second season and the missed season rewards distribution event.

CelestiaLudenberg #93 Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:56 AM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 22974 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

So with the marathon just starting, I've had a thought.

This is going to be so much fun trying to do it since I am basically forced to play HK cause tier 10 games on ANZ are non-existent, which is fine since recently my ping to HK has dropped to around 160ms, but wait, what's this? Oh the connection has now shit itself and I get 240ms+ and a shitload of packet loss?

How lovely.

Is there any form of though about this since now the only viable option for ANZ players to complete it has been made so much worse?

>When I hear a 4 door 20e auto 33 going WADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA in the rain

JayRated #94 Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:52 PM

• Administrator
  • 3766 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostU12D13, on 29 November 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

1) Increase number of daily reports pls. 10 is not enough with the standard 2 reports on average/ game.

2) Premium Tank locking feature when? Ie, Players can own a premium tank, but cant play them unless they have at least a same-tier tech tree unlocked. To prevent new players from ruining high tier games by buying into it/ protecting themselves from themselves/ discouraging rerolls etc. 100-battles tier 8 premium players running around are seriously degrading this game right now.

3) Report function for people that are clearly "unfit for tier" when? These people need their own server or drop back down a few tiers to get their bearings right before proceeding any further.

1. Noted, will pass the feedback on. I've never heard of someone reporting 2 or more people per battle though haha.

2. I get where you're coming from, but locking a tank a player has just bought/wants to buy is somewhat of a counter-intuitive business model.

3. I actually saw a conversation in the Discord recently where someone experienced this problem and successfully convinced a newer player to drop back by platooning with them for a few games at Tier 4. Again, locking people out of certain elements of the game for simply not being good - especially based on another player's perspective - is quite a slippery slope.

JayRated #95 Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:53 PM

• Administrator
  • 3766 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostCelestiaLudenberg, on 29 November 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

So with the marathon just starting, I've had a thought.

This is going to be so much fun trying to do it since I am basically forced to play HK cause tier 10 games on ANZ are non-existent, which is fine since recently my ping to HK has dropped to around 160ms, but wait, what's this? Oh the connection has now shit itself and I get 240ms+ and a shitload of packet loss?

How lovely.

Is there any form of though about this since now the only viable option for ANZ players to complete it has been made so much worse?

Celeste have you had 200+ ping in the past week? If so can you send me a trace please? We've actually been making good progress with the routing issue in the past fortnight.

CelestiaLudenberg #96 Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:57 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 22974 battles
  • [CRAZY] CRAZY

View PostJayRated, on 29 November 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

Celeste have you had 200+ ping in the past week? If so can you send me a trace please? We've actually been making good progress with the routing issue in the past fortnight.

Up until 2 days ago I had great ping, it would float anywhere between 130ms and 180ms, averaging around 160ms, but now it is at 240+ with a lot of packet loss.

>When I hear a 4 door 20e auto 33 going WADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA in the rain

jumphonner #97 Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:59 PM

First lieutenant

• 56030 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostJayRated, on 29 November 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

1. Noted, will pass the feedback on. I've never heard of someone reporting 2 or more people per battle though haha.

Geez mate, I reported 5 on my side the other night. You need to get out more often.

Some nights 20 reports wouldn't be enough.

Muted till 20:23 AEDST 8 December 2019

2 MoE: KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU100, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

As seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard

Skrublord! Not another cent WG. Former Wallet Warrior.

Flying_Elite #98 Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:34 PM

Always blame Hema!

• 30583 battles
  • [YETI] YETI

View Postjumphonner, on 29 November 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

Geez mate, I reported 5 on my side the other night. You need to get out more often.

Some nights 20 reports wouldn't be enough.

I often forget there’s the complaint feature, I usually just create tickets and send to support instead at the end of the night.

Spoiler

Ezz #99 Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:37 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 69271 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postnev3r, on 29 November 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

Dates and format not confirmed yet

How about something on anz to compensate the players who had to take on rb with crappy ping on hk?

Edited by Ezz, 29 November 2019 - 01:38 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

Currently moderating your English speaking community : AALGMadibaCenturion_NZ, Elite911, Moonbase Patrol Copter 7

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

U12D13 #100 Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:42 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 40082 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI

View PostFlying_Elite, on 29 November 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

I often forget there’s the complaint feature, I usually just create tickets and send to support instead at the end of the night.

Lmao, I did that one day when I ran out of reports. Spammed CS tickets (around 5 or so) for the most annoying plebs I wanted to report. 

Cs response: "Please use the in-game report button, thx"

Me: "Used em all. These are overspills - and just the most annoying ones"

Cs : "Well...uh we will bring the limit up with upper mgmt and see if can be increased"

Fast forward to today: Still 10 reports / day. Oh well. Hopefully Jay can make them increase the limit! :D Thanks in advance 

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [FUNI] family! Weekly Strongholds and CWs~ Now recruiting!

Also tagged with AMA, JayMA, Ask Me Anything

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users