Amount of spg in high tier HK is unplayable and causes other problem

spg arty balance HK tier10 camping tier9 HE dynamic mm

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Amount of spg in high tier HK is unplayable and causes other problem (44 members have cast votes)

Do you have problem with 2/3 spgs per game? (in tier 9 and 10)

1. yes (23 votes [52.27%])

Percentage of vote: 52.27%

2. no (21 votes [47.73%])

Percentage of vote: 47.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

ChenShiHuangBuBu #41 Posted 05 January 2020 - 10:31 AM

Private

• 2851 battles

View PostDEADMEAT82, on 05 January 2020 - 01:45 AM, said:

2 is good number, 3 is certainly too much. 

1 would be better , game be more fluid .

MagicalFlyingFox #42 Posted 05 January 2020 - 11:41 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 34951 battles
  • [B4B0] B4B0
0 would be ideal

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Splattimus #43 Posted 08 January 2020 - 06:06 AM

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

• Beta-Tester
  • 26159 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

Played a few Arty games on the HK server, interesting.

Within 3 reloads I either had all the enemy Arty dead, or suppressed. Only once was CB'd. Was as fun as hell.

Also watching heavy tanks in prime, easy to hit positions get splashed once, then group up to hug together in the same spot. Was lovely. 10/10 Keep feeding Arty like that and its never going to get better.

"Everywhere is target-able on the map", only if the enemy team has, and maintains, total map control of a large portion of the map. SPG's are usually slow, LARGE, easy to see targets. Most teams set up shallow perimeters at best, which forces Arty, in the early game into predictable positions.

"Arty can't be dodged, they hit my scout at full tilt zig zaging". First... BS... I've seen this once, and the scout wasn't even the target, just ran through the spot someone else was due to be in. All other scouts "dodging and weaving" were scouts driving in a predictable straight line. I've seen heavies rocking back and forth 2-3 tank lengths dodge a hailstorm of Arty shells.

"Arty does too much damage", To light skinned targets, because they're idiot arty players who do not realize their job, because WG didn't do a particularly good job of pointing it out. To win, Arty needs to help nibble down that super heavy or hull down tank holding up the advance. But to get rewarded, they're better off smacking that lowest tier, lightly armoured tank at the back that anyone can deal with. Even CB from a reward perspective is craptastic. SPG's have 1/3 the HP of every other tank in their tier, so killing all 3 enemy SPG's is worth one of any other tank on the battlefield.

In a S-51, Russian SPG with notoriously long reload, I had the map pinged by a French SPG to alert me of where the enemy Arty Park was. So I started killing their Arty. Mr Frenchie however, never joined in. Knew where the enemy Arty was, Knew it was a good idea for our eventual victory to kill them. Not worth the reward to do himself, even with a better reload.

WARNING!!! THE ABOVE POST WILL CONTAIN SARCASM. My day job does not allow sarcasm, so its use may be obscure and liberal.

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

MagicalFlyingFox #44 Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:19 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 34951 battles
  • [B4B0] B4B0
CBing in arty. You are the scummiest of all scum.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

mttspiii #45 Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:02 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33257 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 08 January 2020 - 07:19 PM, said:

CBing in arty. You are the scummiest of all scum.

Instead of bothering with CB in arty, what if they all spawned in their tiny little death-pit at the corner of the map where they would have to CQC each other, and whoever survives gets to be killed by an incoming LT normal arty?

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Several_Sins #46 Posted 09 January 2020 - 06:05 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25897 battles

Nothing wrong with a bit of good ole' fashion arty v arty turkey shoot.

It's like whack-a-mole.

Gigabyte X79 UD5  |  Xeon E5 2640 v1 @ 3.9Ghz  |  32 GB Samsung ECC DDR3  | GTX 1070

Custom loop, inside a glass desk.

Cambro_killer101 #47 Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:33 PM

Corporal

• 17841 battles
To be 100% honest, I prefer the old arty. Yeah, they hit for a lot but the gun handling was much worse, as well as splash being much lower. It gave people hope for survival in late game because if the arty missed by a few meters, it only hit for 10 rather than 400 consistently. Nowadays I have to accept my fate on 300hp in my 430U because I'll get splashed no matter how much I wiggle.
Also never going to forget the enjoyment of fluking a 1950dmg HE round into an ST-1 from an m40/43.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #48 Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:31 AM

Captain

• 47691 battles

just had accidentally two HE shells into arty not penned. Fair enough it was my fault both times having HE loaded instead of AP high alpha. But seriously why arty need armor anyway??? sit in the back of the map cowardly and no brainly shooting people over mountains, and then need armor for what? rng trolling? 1mm armor should be enough, but apparenly these shits arent annoying enough then need armor..

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Splattimus #49 Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:39 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 26159 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 12 January 2020 - 12:31 PM, said:

just had accidentally two HE shells into arty not penned. Fair enough it was my fault both times having HE loaded instead of AP high alpha. But seriously why arty need armor anyway??? sit in the back of the map cowardly and no brainly shooting people over mountains, and then need armor for what? rng trolling? 1mm armor should be enough, but apparenly these shits arent annoying enough then need armor..

Has 1/3 the HP of every other tank its tier, moves like molasses on a cold day, often as large as barns, shoots every other half hour, and most actually are made of cardboard and sticky tape right now.

You sure you don't just need a "Iwin" button?

WARNING!!! THE ABOVE POST WILL CONTAIN SARCASM. My day job does not allow sarcasm, so its use may be obscure and liberal.

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

NameWasStolenStresslevel #50 Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:20 PM

Captain

• 47691 battles

View PostSplattimus, on 12 January 2020 - 04:39 PM, said:

Has 1/3 the HP of every other tank its tier, moves like molasses on a cold day, often as large as barns, shoots every other half hour, and most actually are made of cardboard and sticky tape right now.

You sure you don't just need a "Iwin" button?

why would it need HP or armor if it can shoot you over obstacles and even hills??? Arty armor is literally unpenetrable, its a 500 hundred thousand milimeters hill that denies direct fire but allows arty to shot over it.... 

Why would it need speed if it most of the times need only to move 100 meters maximum?? Whoever moves more than that is just a normal player not a "pro" arty player. Arty is the class that anyone can perform well. Even arty bots would be easier to program as its much less complexity playstyle.

I have asked this in other thread and i will ask again, if we pick a monkey (or any other animal of your choice) and train them to play WoT, which class do you think the monkey will perform better??? HT? MT? LT? TD? 

Or arty? Annoying when in the hands of poor players, OP in the hands of normal players.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 12 January 2020 - 05:22 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Splattimus #51 Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:39 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 26159 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 12 January 2020 - 07:20 PM, said:

why would it need HP or armor if it can shoot you over obstacles and even hills??? Arty armor is literally unpenetrable, its a 500 hundred thousand milimeters hill that denies direct fire but allows arty to shot over it.... 

Why would it need speed if it most of the times need only to move 100 meters maximum?? Whoever moves more than that is just a normal player not a "pro" arty player. Arty is the class that anyone can perform well. Even arty bots would be easier to program as its much less complexity playstyle.

I have asked this in other thread and i will ask again, if we pick a monkey (or any other animal of your choice) and train them to play WoT, which class do you think the monkey will perform better??? HT? MT? LT? TD? 

Or arty? Annoying when in the hands of poor players, OP in the hands of normal players.

Answering from bottom to top.

Light Tank. As long as they can mash "r" at some point the tank will move forward, has more chance of spotting something before it is wiped out, and thus might slightly benefit the team.

Then it would be a toss up between Medium and Heavy, because TD's and SPG's have crap view ranges, thus might not actually spot anything before going pop.

Or are we living in a fantasy land where Monkeys could be trained to have fine motor skills and operate a mouse / keyboard? Still going to rate the Light Tank pretty high, because you don't really need smarts to scout, just keep moving near the bad guys. Next up would be Heavy Tank. Armour and HP (Depending on Tank) can let you get away with drive forward, see something, stop and shoot until you / its dead, and still do something somewhat useful for the team. Medium / TD are a bit of a toss up here, better pen / bigger alpha guns / some armour in some cases, mixed bag. Again last we see SPG. Can't just drive forward, click on screen in front of you bang. Need to hit shift. Get what you're looking at to line up with the mini map, figure out between mini map and screen where enemy tank is, and if it is unlit, do you shoot where it was, if you figured out and seen that in the first place? Do you stay there and hope it comes back, or move across the map to shoot something else which lit up. Nowhere near as easy as "Drive forward, Pewpew"...

Anyone can perform "well" in any class of tank. Depending on what you rate as "ability". Scout medal is awesome in a Light Tank, but is it any real achievement in a Heavy? Someone can do lots of damage in a Light Tank, but is it a detriment to the team because they robbed the rest of the team of eyes? Does an SPG doing lots of damage mean he did his job? Does any tank doing lots of damage mean they did their jobs? Damage is nice, damage done to the right targets, at the right time however is much better. SPG smacking light armoured tanks and ignoring the heavy armoured tank punching though his front lines costs him the match, the same as the TD with high pen doing the same thing.

Most of those "SPG Armour" hills and obstacles require the SPG to move more than the 100m you claim is their only requirement. Because Arty often can't actually shoot over that armour...

But, whatever, everyone keep complaining about the stuff that don't matter, while the stuff that does gets ignored... How bout the map be bigger so we don't all end up hugging the red line? Maybe if everyone didn't end up in a slugging fest in 3 spots on the map WG might feel like removing SPG's because they're apparently no fun for anyone to play, Arty Haters and Lovers combined? Maybe they'd do something about Gold rounds when people actually have the option to Really Flank, instead of the joke we have currently? But Nah, Keep Flogging That Dead Horse... Down with Arty! Up with brainless Heavies not having to wiggle to hold their fav Hull Down Position!! Dynamic play made possible by removing one of several insta death sources which make people want to camp bushes, or take hull down positions to stay invisible / invulnerable and thus alive.

YAAAAAAAYYYY

/serious. You can make any class of tank as easy or as hard as you like. You can make a big or no deal out of the nuances of play. You can discount or inflate any part of what you can do in any class of tank. I get sick of seeing people clearly not bothering to look at both sides of the coin, who are hurt and upset over something they don't personally like, and simply attack something for sins it does not commit, for observation bias injuries which may not even exist, or worse yet, for pointing out a weakness in an otherwise solid skill set, instead of improving. I get shot at by Arty as much as anyone else. I get enjoyment in watching the craters appear nearby while I take no damage. It urks me when I do, because that is a personal failure. If I'm in a position that would otherwise be unassailable to the enemy team, I feel proud there is an Arty player out there willing to do the right thing and help his team. When I'm just a lightly armoured Medium / whatever and no real threat, while somewhere else on my team there is a real threat being ignored, yeah, I get mad... The same way I get mad a Camping Heavies, and "Sniper" Light Tanks. And that goes for both teams. The thing is, those real "Threats" do not have to exist. They exist because we're all crawling along the edge of maps because the middle can be spotted and hit from everywhere and is a death trap on most maps (sometimes its an actual death trap, with water and all). Those "Threats" exist because there are so few ways to get to the objectives, that one or two tanks can effectively stop any hope of assault. SPG's don't promote camping. TD's with really big guns do not promote camping. Camping Grounds promote camping. If WG made a flat map with nothing at all on it, battles on that map would be dynamic. They'd be short, but pretty bloody dynamic. Add bushes, or rocks to hide behind, and dynamic disappears until you have enough approaches that you can't camp them all. We know WG can make bigger maps. Bigger maps means more opportunity to add additional attack vectors. More attack vectors, less need for something to dig out that hull down tank, or whittle down that super heavy. Also means less requirement on Premium Rounds to give the other classes a chance. And now that I think about it... Most probably the reason WG has not made bigger maps... /sigh

Several_Sins #52 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:51 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25897 battles

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 12 January 2020 - 07:20 PM, said:

lol TD because they can literally press W to a bush, then wait for something red to come into view and click.

Be like:

Gigabyte X79 UD5  |  Xeon E5 2640 v1 @ 3.9Ghz  |  32 GB Samsung ECC DDR3  | GTX 1070

_Sammich_ #53 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:59 AM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 39622 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostSeveral_Sins, on 15 January 2020 - 01:51 AM, said:

lol TD because they can literally press W to a bush, then wait for something red to come into view and click.

Be like:

Arty doesn’t even need to press W though,

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

Several_Sins #54 Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:13 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25897 battles

View Post_Sammich_, on 15 January 2020 - 11:59 AM, said:

Arty doesn’t even need to press W though,

Find me a Baboon that can use a scroll wheel.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #55 Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:27 AM

Captain

• 47691 battles

I will just ignore people saying a monkey can play a TD easier than arty. Unless u playing Homefront mode where enemy AI will come towarsds you, there is no way TD playing is simple as going to a bush and enemies come towards you. Give me a game like that because never seen something like this. 

PS. Arty is so easy that you dont even need to direct hit, just splash nearby and deal dmg, even targets behind cover will deal dmg and stun. Free easy XP, no dmg taken in return, no brain used. How is that easier than TD??? Ask a monkey that question, not me.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 15 January 2020 - 12:23 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Several_Sins #56 Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:21 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25897 battles

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 15 January 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

I will just ignore people saying a monkey can play a TD easier than arty. Unless u playing Homefront mode where enemy AI will come towarsds you, there is no way TD playing is simple as going to a bush and enemies come towards you. Give me a game like that because never seen something like this. 

PS. Arty is so easy that you dont even need to direct hit, just splash nearby and deal dmg, even targets behind cover will deal dmg and stun. Free easy XP, no dmg taken in return, no brain used. How is that easier than TD??? Ask a monkey that question, not me.

Keep flogging that dead horse.

Splattimus #57 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:11 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 26159 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 15 January 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

Apparently will also ignore people pointing out every other class being easier for said monkey to use...

Puggsley #58 Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:00 AM

Major

• 74767 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostSeveral_Sins, on 15 January 2020 - 12:13 PM, said:

Find me a Baboon that can use a scroll wheel.

On a work trip to South Africa a baboon reached in through the bus window and grabbed a bag, got inside it and made off with a colleagues passport. God knows what cunning plans they are capable of!

I tend to agree that the task of looking at a mini-map and then relating that to what you should be doing to see in the main screen area is actually a pretty damn complex task. Would a monkey be able to conceptualise what is going on in the screen at all, for any class?

Lupi #59 Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:08 PM

Private

• 24336 battles
  • [ETC] ETC
EBRs are a bigger problem than SPGs IMO... especially the EBR 105 and EBR 90..and especially when one team gets one or two and the other gets none.

JellyBob_ #60 Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:39 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 49939 battles
There must a shortage of Tissues .. so many tiers errrr tears   :P

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users