I need help with AMX 13 F3

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Schimitz #1 Posted 10 January 2020 - 12:39 AM

Corporal

• 4880 battles
So I got tired of running the AMX 12T and I used the research point on getting the AMX F3,I'll be honest I never was good at playing arty and I get it just because I'm bored of the French lights.I do have several matches with lower french arty but even then I never got any kills. So could anyone give tips or guide on running this thing.Thanks for your time 

WarMongeringFishMonger #2 Posted 10 January 2020 - 12:48 AM

Winner Winner chicken Lover

• 31439 battles
Aim, fire, hope it hits. SPG in general are derpy. Best to splash a whole bunch of tanks.

Zynth #3 Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:20 AM

Aufklärungspanzer Panther

• 27020 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The AMX 13 F3 has a flat arc. This means that if you miss a target and the shell lands at the extremities, you won't deal splash. 

You can solve this by doing 2 things:

1) Go further. Shells will land in a more circular area, but your accuracy suffers and shell travel time becomes an issue.

2) Get closer. Improve your accuracy so you will hit your target.

The second option more suits the AMX 13 F3 due to its mobility and low profile. Use hills and hard cover to remain hidden while you semi-indirect fire and move closer whenever safe and possible. If the enemy is not within render distance, you are doing it wrong. The risk is there but you should deal damage more consistently.

Positioning is probably most important for close fire support, but that differs greatly from map to map. Some maps you can't do this very well, others only have that option when your team wins a flank. Read the map and judge for yourself.

Or...you know...down as much alcohol as possible and alt-tab half the time because it is artillery.....

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.

Schimitz #4 Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:55 PM

Corporal

• 4880 battles

View PostZynth, on 10 January 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

The AMX 13 F3 has a flat arc. This means that if you miss a target and the shell lands at the extremities, you won't deal splash. 

You can solve this by doing 2 things:

1) Go further. Shells will land in a more circular area, but your accuracy suffers and shell travel time becomes an issue.

2) Get closer. Improve your accuracy so you will hit your target.

The second option more suits the AMX 13 F3 due to its mobility and low profile. Use hills and hard cover to remain hidden while you semi-indirect fire and move closer whenever safe and possible. If the enemy is not within render distance, you are doing it wrong. The risk is there but you should deal damage more consistently.

Positioning is probably most important for close fire support, but that differs greatly from map to map. Some maps you can't do this very well, others only have that option when your team wins a flank. Read the map and judge for yourself.

Or...you know...down as much alcohol as possible and alt-tab half the time because it is artillery.....

I think I got the gist of it. It's pretty devastating if I wait for the circle to shrink as much as possible and with the second gun it's even better. I haven't got the suspension tho so I used the enhanced torsion,gld,and rammer.

CuriousCanidae #5 Posted 04 May 2020 - 09:22 PM

Private

• 15297 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

Literally nobody says anything about this but if you flat out have trouble with the second gun, just use the stock gun.

The stock gun has an incredibly high arc. While it's not CGC tier high, it's still pretty high to land some very nasty shots for those in cover. You can also slightly lift the front of your SPG to give it a higher arc.

Also a fun side note. The first gun is a lot lighter so you can learn to relocate frequently. Aka, the most important aspect to learn in terms of French Arty in tier 8, 9, and 10. French Arties are not for sitting in base all day, the speed is there for a very good reason. Move to creative spots and fire at the enemy where they least expect you from.

Puggsley #6 Posted 25 May 2020 - 12:11 PM

Major

• 75649 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostCuriousCanidae, on 04 May 2020 - 11:22 PM, said:

Literally nobody says anything about this but if you flat out have trouble with the second gun, just use the stock gun.

The stock gun has an incredibly high arc. While it's not CGC tier high, it's still pretty high to land some very nasty shots for those in cover. You can also slightly lift the front of your SPG to give it a higher arc.

Also a fun side note. The first gun is a lot lighter so you can learn to relocate frequently. Aka, the most important aspect to learn in terms of French Arty in tier 8, 9, and 10. French Arties are not for sitting in base all day, the speed is there for a very good reason. Move to creative spots and fire at the enemy where they least expect you from.

How does lifting the front of the tank change the arc shape? 

MagicalFlyingFox #7 Posted 25 May 2020 - 12:59 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35457 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS
the stock gun is also shit so ignore that advice. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

steeve_old #8 Posted 26 May 2020 - 06:58 PM

Corporal

• 41668 battles
anything zynth says about arty should be taken as gospell (except the bit about alt tabing and doing bucketys ,it takes many many games to achive that level of evil zen)

Ezz #9 Posted 26 May 2020 - 07:14 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73713 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Took me about 3 games to discover the joys of shitting on pubbies. The first 2 I hadn't worked out how to change to arty view.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Puggsley #10 Posted 27 May 2020 - 01:58 PM

Major

• 75649 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

I took an arty out for a spin for the first time in god knows how long to help out a platoon mate with a mission.

Was epic, and made sweeter beyond belief by getting a couple of shots (including the kill) on that [edited] wit Australian first responder for arson [edited].  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users