Bots player bots are pissing me off

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

NZ_Tanker #1 Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:11 PM

Private

• 5192 battles

Came back 2 months ago after 2 years. playing same tiers the last 4 days on hong kong im getting flooded with player bots at tier 8.

gaming becoming a joke its bad enough i put up with lag since aussie player base is so small.

no point spending anymore money on the game

thinking of quitting over it.

Ezz #2 Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:13 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 70965 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Yeah it's a bit sad but i suspect wg has effectively given up on any significant war on bots. The most i've seen is them trying to fight a few spot fires rather than make any changes to automated detection or the economics that allow it.

Edited by Ezz, 22 January 2020 - 01:14 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CrossOfIrony #3 Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:15 PM

Private

• 388 battles
Does it get awkward when the bots have a better win rate than you? Asking for a friend.

Puggsley #4 Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:15 PM

Captain

• 71609 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Its been horrific over the last little while. 

Huge numbers of bots in T8 prems. I'm hoping the credits obtained in the boxes runs out soon.

Ezz #5 Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:23 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 70965 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Just had a look at a couple i've been following, one 6 weeks old with 5 tier Xs already. Another 4 weeks old with 3.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

HoPeY_ #6 Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:28 PM

Major

• 103369 battles

That's pretty sad :(

Bots did help me finally get a Pool medal though so there are some positives.

Edited by HoPeY_, 22 January 2020 - 01:29 PM.

MagicalFlyingFox #7 Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:28 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 34009 battles
  • [FLSBK] FLSBK

Unfortunately, some bots are human.

There are people very quick to point that out to you from WG. 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #8 Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:02 PM

Captain

• 45352 battles

Anyone else getting lots of bottom tier MM at tier 8 since from last week?? Was there a patch or something to make bottom tier becomes more frequent?? I am getting bottom tier almost every battle, there was avg 10k+ players on HK every day since last week... And to make it worst the tier 10s are almost always very suspicious tier 10 that just seems to  go out in the open with their tier 10s. I have seems lots of 60tp on my team and 705A that seems to be bots. It started last week. Trying to make some credits on my su130 but keep getting bottom tiered by bots. A win takes 10 minutes to finish, and a lost take less than 5 minutes to finish.

There was  also a tier 10 E100 who did 0 dmg following me the whole battle since i told him to "stop" using the team command message and instead of stopping (he was going to go out into a lane of fire of 3 TDs) he started to follow me... He didnt push me or anything, he just seemed to follow my tier 8 TD and stopped whenever i stoped to.

Wonder why these bots cant do any better than 0 dmg per battle, people say there are aimbots in the game, so why dont the bots have aimbot integrated to aim and shot for them??? Seems like a good question...

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 22 January 2020 - 04:13 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

NZ_Tanker #9 Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:10 PM

Private

• 5192 battles
Just getting sick of it. took a few hours break came back it happen again at tier 7 and tier 8 they all run to one spot 

NZ_Tanker #10 Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:13 PM

Private

• 5192 battles

View PostCrossOfIrony, on 22 January 2020 - 06:15 PM, said:

Does it get awkward when the bots have a better win rate than you? Asking for a friend.

why dont you play 5k games and see where you get. i use to play on 300 ping,

i never had prem high tier tanks

hard to win when your scouts at tier 7 and 8 are bots instead of spotting they sit and do damage to they die

LeSigh #11 Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:16 PM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 50411 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Most players on these forums have over 5000 games and managed better than 44%.
This account proudly sponsored by WG

NZ_Tanker #12 Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:47 PM

Private

• 5192 battles

i think im done took my tier 9 spg out game starts my game shuts down. i start game up as fast i can to see enemy light tank looking at me.

player on our team bitching about spg nothing i can do about getting dc. i didnt lose internet so i dont knw why the game client closed. 

wheres the war gaming mods they never post in here are wargaming active on here at all. 

NZ_Tanker #13 Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:51 PM

Private

• 5192 battles

Also i been trying hard to get win ratio up 2 months ago it was 43,20 played like 1000 battles but its hard to win when you getting what im getting its been like it since last weeks patch. 

a play abit of everything but im sure i could of scout better than my last 8 games scouts dying 30 seconds into a game

NameWasStolenStresslevel #14 Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:02 PM

Captain

• 45352 battles

View PostNZ_Tanker, on 22 January 2020 - 05:51 PM, said:

Also i been trying hard to get win ratio up 2 months ago it was 43,20 played like 1000 battles but its hard to win when you getting what im getting its been like it since last weeks patch. 

a play abit of everything but im sure i could of scout better than my last 8 games scouts dying 30 seconds into a game

i would suggest you to avoid playing while feeling frustated. Try not to play when u mad at teams because u will get into lose streaks. Also if u use xvm then unistall it, its just gonna make u more frustrated. Try playing a mobile TD with good camo at low tiers only, so you can scout for yourself whenever the no one in your team can scout. Dont wait for teammates to do the job, think of how you can actively contribute to your team instead of trying to passively contribute. If you play passively you will be at your teams mercy. But active play and yolo are different things. Its hard to tell how to improve in the game. I play mostly TDs and dont remember ever complaning about bad scouts... Curiously i never ping LTs on the map telling them to go scout. I only remmeber pinging LTs on the map when i am trying to "suggest" them to go KILL something, not to scout at all.

Most light tanks we meet never scout, they just yolo and die or sit where the TDs are. So i just stop expecting anythng from them. You just gonna get the LT killed because if he cant even scout properly, how do you expect that by pinging the map telling them to go scout will actually provide any scouting??? Its just gonna get the LT killed. So if you feel a LT cannot scout, then never tell them to go scout, its obvious that they are gonna get rekt anyway.

PS. You are 44% wr now. I didnt even care about improving in the game until i was +10k battles and someone told me i was a "red" in chat and called me "tomato", and now i am 10% win rate better than  i was (i was 46%ish like you). But YOU are in the forums now, you have the chance to stop, think, and consider starting from zero again or try to improve your win rate now. Dont wait any longer or you will soon be quitting the game with a frustated mark in this game (aka giving up).

PPS. Try hellcat? That tank was the new start for me in this game. It was my credit earner and also my stat padding tank in the times when i was bellow 50% wr free to play player. I played it when it was already nerfed, so i guarantee it was my 55% wr tank when even post nerfed.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 22 January 2020 - 05:28 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Splattimus #15 Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:20 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 25938 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

I'm more pissed with the fact that the WG bots seem to have become more belligerent towards anyone and everyone around them, and the "Other" bots seem to have been reprogrammed to ram crap out of anyone who tries to profit from them.

The Amount of times I've been cut off, rammed, or had the bot stop dead in front of me is kinda funny, if I wasn't already busy trying to kill people running around in Tier 2 with M2 Light Tanks loaded to the gunnels with Gold rounds in what ever POS I've got the least number of battles in.

What makes me confused however is WoWS kicks you for inactivity after 2-3 hours, WoT seems not to. So when the stats say someone has some ridiculous number of hours in game, it could be they didn't log out, or they're a bot farming the night away. Also, WoWS to me, has the most awesome Anti Griefing system. Shoot an ally, you go pink, keep shooting allies, and the damage is reflected back to YOU. In WoT it would allow the occasional tracking to stop an idiot, would make cluster bots a much harder prospect, because if they shoot each other (which piled up on each other like they do is almost guaranteed), they get progressive bans after being taken out of the battle earlier and quicker from shooting each other, not to mention its hard to reset that ratio if you're a bot and not really effectively shooting at enemy tanks (Or there be humans farming the crap out of the other teams bots).

Something something less rewards for bottom of the xp tree etc, there seems to be a lot that could be done apart from playing whack a mole with ip bans...

WARNING!!! THE ABOVE POST WILL CONTAIN SARCASM. My day job does not allow sarcasm, so its use may be obscure and liberal.

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

_Sammich_ #16 Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:25 PM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 37402 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostLeSigh, on 22 January 2020 - 08:16 AM, said:

Most players on these forums have over 5000 games and managed better than 44%.

Not New Zealanders obviously...

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

neokai #17 Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:00 PM

hunts pixels from red line

• Senior Moderator
  • 41355 battles

View PostNZ_Tanker, on 22 January 2020 - 04:47 PM, said:

wheres the war gaming mods they never post in here are wargaming active on here at all. 

Hi. Napoleon was quoted to say this - "Never interrupt your enemy when they are in the process of making a mistake." The mods observe, and we act when we need to act, typically to fix things after mistakes were made.

I'm also reminded of a concept in psychology. Simply put: when you screw up, you attribute it to a factor outside your control; when other people screw up, it's because it's their fault. Seriously, it's an actual working model. The point I'm getting at is that to your teammates you disconnecting is none of their business, but you not being involved in the fight means, from their pov, you are acting like a afk-bot. Similarly, a player goes to some strange position and you go "a-hah! that's a bot". No, at least half the time that's an actual person playing the game differently from how you expect him to, and not a bot.

So yeah, some food for your thought.

Spoiler

NZL_Fighter #18 Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

Private

• 180 battles

went to account hadnt play since 2015 got super hellcat

and 7 day hire of a Skorpion G

only have 60 games on there at 45% wr

FramFramson #19 Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:13 PM

Major

• 46286 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
There are indeed prolific bots though at the moment. Seen some VERY bizarre behaviour that even the most fatally crippling levels of stupid don't account for (like a pack of T8 prems all staring in the same random direction off the map and away from combat... for most of the match)

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

mig31foxhound #20 Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:29 PM

Frenchie of RTA2

• Beta-Tester
  • 20593 battles
It's online game, an online social, you may expect everyone to be as good as you want but you won't have them.

BTW, what pissing me off more than some idiots playing to their calling is some toxic elitist blaming everyone and everything.

Don't mind me, I'm just a green tomato.

I'm just a Derp Apprentice of The Derp Side.

Come to the Derp Side...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users