• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

IMC_Jezza #1 Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:05 PM

First lieutenant

• 41032 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

To Wargaming Asia,

Vondle, Jay....

You guys did such and amazing/incredible job of streaming for 8 hours straight, along with your compatriots and kept a constant literally about 400 viewers online....

If you want to understand the impression you have upon the community, there's a pretty damn good start lads....:honoring:

To the community that you represent, and what you guys set up to bring together, and the aid you bring to BlazeAid....  [edited] yooj o7 people!

For all of the most amazing donaters, and everyone that simply logged into the stream - we are a community that came together - and made a difference!

Thankyou to all of the Fire-Fighters, out there that protect us, and many thanks to the WOT community, as small as we might be...... - that has made this so amazing, and has made this one of the most epic memorable nights that I have ever watched a stream on,  and you guys have donated to a very well picked cause! 

As a community, we are [edited] incredible guys !!!

Snowflake?

Princess?

"Personally I use my anonymizer to hide my shame at being unable to kill every clan I join despite my best attempts."

stewiejp #2 Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:36 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 45688 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Well said Jezza - Epic job by all involved - the atmosphere was like a grand final, the vibe of the chat amazing, great laughs and an awesome cause. Hi5 to each and everybody involved. 

#GetOnBoard Studios  -Where the magic happens GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

AHB_Centurion #3 Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:24 AM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 31171 battles
  • [HMB] HMB

I have been a moderator on this server for over  six years and I have seen the worst of what this community can do.

Last night I saw it at its best and brightest, we should all be proud not only of what Jayrated and Vondle setup, but what we as a community did to help those in need. People at their best helping others at the worst time in their lives.

I expect normal service to resume in time for the next campaign!

Probably not very PC to say this in today's climate but may your God, whoever you pray to, bless and protect you.

Edited by AHB_Centurion, 24 January 2020 - 08:24 AM.

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

Spoiler

HoPeY_ #4 Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:58 PM

Major

• 104073 battles
  • [M-E-G] M-E-G
So what were the totals? picture of final auction results?

Ezz #5 Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:03 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHoPeY_, on 24 January 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

So what were the totals? picture of final auction results?

The next stage is winning bidders putting their donations in so i suspect once that happens we should get a pretty good idea.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

wasaabi #6 Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22745 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostAHB_Centurion, on 24 January 2020 - 10:24 AM, said:

I have been a moderator on this server for over  six years and I have seen the worst of what this community can do.

Last night I saw it at its best and brightest, we should all be proud not only of what Jayrated and Vondle setup, but what we as a community did to help those in need. People at their best helping others at the worst time in their lives.

I expect normal service to resume in time for the next campaign!

Probably not very PC to say this in today's climate but may your God, whoever you pray to, bless and protect you.

It was an honour to be able to describe to the community with CountryTripper both what we do on the frontline but also what is important in terms of the recovery phase to assist those affected return to a more normal state. 

It is literally a disaster zone in a lot of those communities and it will take many months of work which needs the assistance of organisations like the charity concerned here as well as municipalities, state and federal government agencies.  Just as importantly people need to start visiting those areas when it is safe to do so to help the local economies recover as well.

The Dude abides.

Spoiler

HoPeY_ #7 Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:44 PM

Major

• 104073 battles
  • [M-E-G] M-E-G
One thing I failed to notice in the descriptions of the auctions was some items had multiple items.

_BB #8 Posted 25 January 2020 - 08:14 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 15154 battles
  • [1AR-M] 1AR-M

Well done WG, great initiative and I saw some well know people donating some big $, I think it was up to around $13.5k when I left or something..

p.s. my code didnt work for my donation, not sure if anyone else had that issue?

Thanks again WG, well done.

Hitman53 #9 Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:12 AM

Corporal

• 59454 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

For those of you who can get past the Murdoch Paywall, an article on Blaze Aid's work on Kangaroo Island:

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/kangaroo-island-bushfire-recovery-blazeaid-volunteers-repair-farmers-burntout-fences/news-story/67824d06561cd39c0580b411e4c5630f

Here's a very relevant excerpt, and echos what Waasabi said during the stream about the importance of Blaze Aid's work:

Fencing is a priority for farmers to manage, feed and water animals which survived the blaze.

Steve Hewitt, from north of Gawler, was one of the first to arrive as part of the advance crew and has been to many BlazeAid camps across Australia over the years. He said farmers, usually proudly independent, were sometimes initially reluctant to accept help, especially from an organisation made up of mostly elderly volunteers.

“But once we start on a property and one or two farmers see what we do, word spreads like wildfire that we can put up a good fence and we get inundated with work,” he said. “People often ask why I do BlazeAid, and I always say I do it because I’m selfish – it makes me feel good.

“When you go out to a farm, especially on the first day, very often you’ll find a farmer that has kilometres of fencing and so many trees down and you can tell by their body language that they’re just thoroughly beaten. And you spend one day, do a bit of clearing, maybe put up one little fence, and just the change that happens in them in a day is something that’s unbelievable. The rewards you get from helping the farmers is just unbelievable. The change in their attitude … it gives them optimism.”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users