Tips for a Tiger I player vs. Tier VIII sloped turret heavies

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

LadyDarjeeling #1 Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:08 PM

Corporal

• 1159 battles
I have been playing Tiger I for a while, and I will say, despite its extremely thin armor, its an enjoyable tank to play! Until I encounter a Tier VIII heavy with sloped turrets like the Lowe, Object 703 II and the Progetto 46.

At Tier VII, I still feel the Tiger I's thin armor is still servicable when you angle properly. And even if shots penetrate, the Tiger still has some bulky HP values to survive a brawl... However whenever Tier VIII matches happen, I always lose peek-a-boo trades with these sloped turreted tanks thanks to my rounds not penetrating when they hull down, and coupled with their good speed and high alpha damage... even I used HE and APCR... they still didnt work...

I think I may have reached my limit after losing a close range duel with a Progetto 46.. where he confidently rushed my hiding spot head on and my slow reverse speed didnt do me any favors.

Can I have some helpful tips for a Tiger I?

Oh, before I end this post, I already tried shooting the weakspots like cupolas and glacis plates, then again it wont do much to stop these guys giving me extreme alpha damage in retaliation.
I want to marry Tiger I

I meant my profile pic, not the tank... but actually, both might do

U12D13 #2 Posted 06 February 2020 - 04:01 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 41344 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI
1) Tiger I has a higher rate of fire in its 88 as compared to many other tanks. Basic rule is that you can fire twice (sometimes even thrice) for every round they fire (eg, Lowe).

2) Due to that you can use the larger than normal hp pool to trade hp for numerous shots into the target.

3) The Tiger I is nowadays more of a 2nd line support for DPM and relatively good accuracy gun. Mopping up in later game scenarios where the hp can be used effectively.

4) Do tracking shots. Your high RoF compliments that

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [FUNI] family! Weekly Strongholds and CWs~ Now recruiting!

MagicalFlyingFox #3 Posted 06 February 2020 - 05:48 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 34009 battles
  • [FLSBK] FLSBK

You have no armour. Your armour is your HP.

You cant play it as a heavy when bottom tier,  you must be more like a medium.

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 06 February 2020 - 05:48 PM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

IcAnz #4 Posted 07 February 2020 - 03:45 AM

Sergeant

• 24150 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

Play it as a Support Vehicle, don't do trades with high-alpha Tanks, it will not end well for you.

Also you can get away with Rammer-Optics-Vents for equipment in case you're looking into putting it on that Tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users