No reward tanks? NO CHANCE!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Deathtitan #1 Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:13 AM

Corporal

• 13908 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

Firstly I would like to state that this is not a dig at ATLUS, they're entitled to bring whatever tanks they see fit to use during battle. I am merely using their line up as an example of the current problems within (WOT Clan Wars).

Now that's said, lets begin....

Please explain to me War Gaming or anyone else in this community, how on earth is any sub-meta clan that barely has any reward tanks whatsoever supposed to have any chance to counter line ups such as this.

Clan wars is getting worse and worse by each passing season because top tier clans use broken tanks to bully others into submission, thus gaining even more broken tanks to deal with in the future.

Using Line ups such as this completely takes the fun out of the game altogether, it's so darn demoralising the battle is lost before you even fire a shot . I'm certain my fellow clan members and myself aren't the only ones who feel this way. As the seasons pass inevitably this problem will progress to the point it will damage Clans participating and that would not bold so well for War Gaming.

In my opinion, in order to solve this issue/brake this vicious cycle and for Clan wars to prosper in the future, Wargmaing needs to implement limit restrictions on certain reward tanks for battles. Just like they did with SPGs in Random battles. You can still have broken reward tanks to win and use for Clan wars as I feel it will be a good incentive to entice more clans to participate, but limiting the amount to use will keep the game meta relatively fair for everyone and above all keep clan wars enjoyable.

Note to Moderators: As I mentioned above this is not a dig at ATLUS, even so if you feel like this should be in CR/D feel free to move this thread. I would have done this myself but sadly I lack a minimum 50 posts in order to post there.

jumphonner #2 Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:43 AM

First lieutenant

• 62508 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Not an unreasonable comment.

How did the battle end for ATLUS? You spank them?

Purveyor of Misinformation, Infamous BOT, Seal Clubber, Stat Padder and Skrublord. Mates of the Corrupt and The Sage of Asia ™.

2 MoE: 212A, M53/M55, Eagle 7, SU100, KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

Occasionally seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard

https://www.twitch.tv/jumphonner

IMC_Jezza #3 Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:56 AM

First lieutenant

• 41858 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

As mooted before, What about CW's/Campaings be tech tree only? 

Or even just campaigns........

Food for thought.....

Snowflake?

Princess?

"Personally I use my anonymizer to hide my shame at being unable to kill every clan I join despite my best attempts."

Ezz #4 Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:56 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postjumphonner, on 20 February 2020 - 07:43 AM, said:

It appears atkus are 7 to 1 up so I suspect not.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

spacewolf #5 Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:57 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 76716 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

907's aren't too hard to get and are found fairly regularly, so you should be able to deal with them.

The 279's are still a fair few and far between - to see that many at once speaks of either a very very skilled bunch of players in one spot, or some very clever utilisation of resources (read into that what you will).

The fact they have done a grind requiring skill to earn those 279's doesn't necessarily mean they should then have to face a cap to not use them whenever they can, however frustrating that may be for us regular plebs. 

I can understand your frustration, and I probably wouldn't like to see that kind of lineup, but if those players have unlocked those tanks then who are we to penalise them for doing so?

Similar comments were abound when the 260 came out. Now that it's old and crept a little the 279 is the new 260. In time, there will be more of the 279's and less of the frustration of not having access to them. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

Deathtitan #6 Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:00 AM

Corporal

• 13908 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View Postjumphonner, on 19 February 2020 - 09:43 PM, said:

Not an unreasonable comment.

It went as expected........

Ezz #7 Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:00 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Require skill or rigging spacey. Also for a long while the 260 wasn't even considered breaking op, esp after is7 buffs and 5a 277 appearance.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

spacewolf #8 Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:18 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 76716 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Agree with all the above, was just using the 260 as an example of how times move on. Granted the 279 OPness overshadows the 260 by a large margin - it's there simply as an example. 

The 907 isn't a hard tank to get - especially now with open bids and the sheer amount of bonds available recently, so I'd expect it'd move out of the "rare" (if it was ever rare) status and into more common ground. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

Deathtitan #9 Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:22 AM

Corporal

• 13908 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
So Any conventional solution to counter such lineups, apart from paying some random guy on the net to acquire such tanks? 

Profanisaurus #10 Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:41 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
4 EBRs. 11 Deathstars.
Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

stewiejp #11 Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:08 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 48057 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Yeah Chieftains and 907's with the occasional EBR and of course anyone with a 279e won't struggle for battles! Even "average" or "developing"  clans are going to be running this as meta now and in the foreseeable future. With more of these tanks dropping each campaign, they may not be the rarity they once were but they will still dominate, and be the first tanks called for by the majority of callers.

Not that this idea would help developing clans (or would it?) but I still think "dynamic tank locking" would help - the more often a tank gets selected (server wide) the longer it's locked for - but you do need to kill them first. Chiefs/907's etc could potentially be locked for up to 2 weeks, "meta" tech tree tanks (277, 5A, EBR) a week,  situational tanks (STB, STRV, Leopard) a few days and the humble E50M, AMX 30B or even Tier 9's may only be locked for an hour. Guessing this is a thing on all servers, regardless of size.

The way I remember tank locking (when it happened a lot more often than now) was to encourage clans to adjust their strategy, and players to do the grind to a variety of tier 10's. The idea of removing tank locking to help developing clans not have their limited tier 10 tanks locked - is inadvertently helping the big boys by never having the reward tanks locked, and leading to every clan war battle being a very similar line up. I cannot remember anyone complaining their clan had too many tanks locked for some time - years?

Easy for me to say as I have a heap of tens in the shed - but I guess (especially for the not so dominant clans out there) - what do you want? Lots of locking? As it would work both ways - especially for those with only a couple of tens. "Tech Tree Only?" unsure if that is even doable let alone on the table at HQ.

Hats off to those who have earned said tanks - not trying to take anything away from any of you - I am living proof that a scrub with a Chieftain will get a heap of CW battles just because I have one, and will likely go all in on the auction for a 907 for the same reason, but I still think it's a conversation that needs to happen. 

Variety is the spice of life!

#GetOnBoard Studios  -Where the magic happens GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

CardinalMite #12 Posted 20 February 2020 - 08:37 AM

Captain

• 31958 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Of course all the extra bonds available may simply have the effect of driving up inflation for the bidding of 907s and T95/Chieftains.

Especially if the number available for auction does not increase proportionately to the numbers of players eligible to bid with a decent number of bonds.... then it remains as hard as ever to get them.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

HoPeY_ #13 Posted 20 February 2020 - 08:48 AM

Major

• 104491 battles
  • [DETOX] DETOX
Meta tanks have also resulted in players not being picked for teams so rage quitting. Sucks to watch the same people get picked every game.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #14 Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:29 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 81910 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

I had some suggestions to fix clans from dominating too much but forgot where it was buried to.

One suggestion was to limit the number of provinces they can earn i.e. no more great wall of China and big massive undefended land behind a coalition frontline.

Point is if you allow more players to play you will get to encounter more players without 279e. Then again seems like the lower your winrate the higher your chance of owning a 279e, so maybe that in itself is a balance mechanic.

"oNlY tOxIc PlAyErS bLaMe ThE tEaM fOr LoSiNg"

Still waiting for techtree-based CW

Puggsley #15 Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:36 AM

Major

• 75882 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

To fix it I'd think that by far the easiest solution is to make CW tech tree only. There is enough variety and tanks suitable of filling roles that it will not be that much of a strain. Better clans will still be better because they have higher quality callers and have access to higher skilled players.

Having said that, 279s are very easily countered if you are a little higher than them, A Maus on the same level will butter them through the UFP. And any sort of mobile higher DPM tank can pay a little HP to get to the side of one and give them a really tough time.

But a flock of them is going to be a little different........

U12D13 #16 Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:57 AM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 44603 battles
  • [TRAPS] TRAPS

View PostDeathtitan, on 20 February 2020 - 06:22 AM, said:

So Any conventional solution to counter such lineups, apart from paying some random guy on the net to acquire such tanks? 

Oof. U could always buy an account - Just look up the top 1500 list currently and see the number of low battle, oddity accounts. No doubt you will see those up for sale after the event ends. Im gonna inform WeeGee of what Ive detected, but no guarantee that anything would be done against them anyway. 

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [TRAPS] family! Weekly Advances and CWs~ Now recruiting!

mttspiii #17 Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:00 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33795 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

It's weird to be knowingly suckered into buying an account with all those reward tanks, thinking you could finally win CW if only you had those tanks...

But on the next CW, the guys you bought the account from will be the ones defeating you. A lot.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

ForbiddenName #18 Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:26 PM

Corporal

• 39691 battles

View PostIMC_Jezza, on 20 February 2020 - 05:56 AM, said:

As mooted before, What about CW's/Campaings be tech tree only? 

Or even just campaigns........

Food for thought.....

How about limiting reward tanks only to the advanced or elite fronts? 

ForbiddenName #19 Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:31 PM

Corporal

• 39691 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 20 February 2020 - 08:37 AM, said:

Of course all the extra bonds available may simply have the effect of driving up inflation for the bidding of 907s and T95/Chieftains.

Especially if the number available for auction does not increase proportionately to the numbers of players eligible to bid with a decent number of bonds.... then it remains as hard as ever to get them.

I suspect you are correct I think the bonds paid would be at least double the previous amounts.

AKASHA178 #20 Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:14 PM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 44520 battles
  • [ESLMN] ESLMN
well i found 279E super easy to pen, only with some tanks you might struggle, such as IS7, kranvagen and some more, other than that is super easy to pen or kill in worse case just use HE and they are out of battle, but yea kinda sad to see we grind all those tier xes and yet only 2 or 3 tanks get the play all the time, and bare in mind having those tanks are easy but master them is hard 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users