• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

NZ_Tanker #1 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:09 PM

Private

• 5512 battles

hard to win games with all god dam bots

yea some might have better win rates cause they got carry hard

Ezz #2 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:17 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Today has been tough but from a statistical point of view your overall ability will be represented.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

NZ_Tanker #3 Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:39 AM

Private

• 5512 battles

I been trying to work on my win rate. i cant get over 44% i just hit 5000 battles

i cant be stuffed starting again and bots are pissing me off to wargaming ever read or even look at the boards? 

NameWasStolenStresslevel #4 Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:41 AM

Captain

• 45939 battles

View PostNZ_Tanker, on 22 February 2020 - 01:39 AM, said:

I been trying to work on my win rate. i cant get over 44% i just hit 5000 battles

i cant be stuffed starting again and bots are pissing me off to wargaming ever read or even look at the boards? 

try playing op tanks at low tiers if fixing the win rate is all u want.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

_Sammich_ #5 Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:25 AM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 37753 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNZ_Tanker, on 21 February 2020 - 04:39 PM, said:

Mate, you will never get above 44% if you don’t contribute and improve your skills. You average around 500 damage a game with an average tier of 7, where tanks have roughly 1000-1500 hp.

Stop blaming the bots, as your own performance isn’t any better.

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

dhi67540 #6 Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:53 AM

Corporal

• 4242 battles
I am a worse player than my current winrate may indicate (I think I am more 46% than 48% - lets face it I am not good).  But what I have found (anecdotally) is that 1/3rd of the time there is not a thing you can do to help win a battle - its going to be a loss regardless.  1/3rd of the time you a re going to win, regardless of what you do and 1/3rd of the time you are going to have to work for your wins.  Trouble is, when you do well in a battle you can't tell which of the categories that battle fits within so unless you are doing well 100% of the time you risk having a poor win rate.  I think my winrate reflects that I have been lucky with the battles that I have done well in.....

Edited by dhi67540, 22 February 2020 - 05:55 AM.

_Sammich_ #7 Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:58 AM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 37753 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postdhi67540, on 21 February 2020 - 09:53 PM, said:

I am a worse player than my current winrate may indicate (I think I am more 46% than 48% - lets face it I am not good).  But what I have found (anecdotally) is that 1/3rd of the time there is not a thing you can do to help win a battle - its going to be a loss regardless.  1/3rd of the time you a re going to win, regardless of what you do and 1/3rd of the time you are going to have to work for your wins.  Trouble is, when you do well in a battle you can't tell which of the categories that battle fits within so unless you are doing well 100% of the time you risk having a poor win rate.

The trick is performing during those 1/3 of games where you can make a difference.

Matches where you’re locked at 7 kills each tend to be those games.  If you’re 8-3 up or vice versa at the 3 minute mark, then that’s a pretty good indication how the game will play out.

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

dhi67540 #8 Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:00 AM

Corporal

• 4242 battles

View Post_Sammich_, on 22 February 2020 - 05:58 AM, said:

The trick is performing during those 1/3 of games where you can make a difference.

Matches where you’re locked at 7 kills each tend to be those games.  If you’re 8-3 up or vice versa at the 3 minute mark, then that’s a pretty good indication how the game will play out.

AND making sure your still alive and able to contribute at that stage......

charcoal44 #9 Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:11 AM

Sergeant

• 14199 battles
  • [NFB] NFB

The games this past week on both the ANZ and HK servers have been atrocious, characterized by moronic teams, my firing ability deserting me,  and loss after loss after loss for me.

Only high light was a TV match in my bathtub  last night on Fisherman's Bay got over 1200 Damage, and 3 kills, that's the best all week.

NZ_Tanker #10 Posted 22 February 2020 - 07:54 AM

Private

• 5512 battles

View Post_Sammich_, on 22 February 2020 - 10:25 AM, said:

Mate, you will never get above 44% if you don’t contribute and improve your skills. You average around 500 damage a game with an average tier of 7, where tanks have roughly 1000-1500 hp.

View Post_Sammich_, on 22 February 2020 - 10:25 AM, said:

most my games are tier 6 and down i have around 3525 games at tier 6 and down. since moving up tiers i have done damage. 

Splattimus #11 Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:48 AM

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

• Beta-Tester
  • 26114 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

Win Rate is pretty easy to understand.

You are one of 15 players on your team.

You will always have 3 end results, Win, Lose, Draw. Draw requires complete inaction, so its much rarer than the other two.

Everyone has the same chances of having anyone else on their team, including you, so team mates are actually irrelevant. Unless you bring your own team mates, in a platoon.

If you ignored your own contribution, 15 random players v's 15 random players would equal a chance to win of 50%. You either would, or you would not.

Now we move out of statistics and quantifiable things, and move into the voodoo.

You are 1/15th of the team. If you are Top Tier, you are slightly more than 1/15th of the team, while if you are bottom tier, you are less than 1/15th.

If you do nothing, your team is 1/15th + or - less than the enemy.

If you do less than 1/15th of the damage to the enemy team, the rest of your team needs to make up that difference.

If you consistently do more than 1/15th of the damage to the enemy team, your team needs to make up less.

Basically, do your own HP of damage to the enemy team, win more. Its not about 7 kills. Its not about 3x, 4x your HP of damage. Its not about the Hero Medals. Just consistently do your own HP in damage. 60% Win Rate players still lose 40% of their battles. 5000 battles, 2500 battles makes 50% WR, 2200 battles makes 44% WR. How noticeable is 300 more wins in 5000 battles?

The difference is that 60% WR player makes it slightly easier for the rest of the team to win. By doing their own share, and a bit of their team mates as well. You can't control your team mates, unless you platoon, so their contributions will always be random. What you can do is make it easier for them to blunder and stuff around to an accidental win.

PLATOONS. Find 2 other people who will do their own tanks HP in damage helps considerably. You can now guarantee 3 people will do their jobs at the very least. If you add the coordination voice communications can add, which makes it easier to do damage, and you multiply your chances to improve that Win Rate. HOWEVER, platoon with the wrong people and you basically handicap yourself by making sure 1-2 other people on your team won't do their required job.

Finally, "Do your HP's worth of damage" can also mean "Help someone do your HP's worth of damage" ie spot for someone, or "Tank more than your HP's worth of damage" which means you added more HP's to your team, making it harder for the enemy to kill your whole team. But, in the end, its a pretty simple game. Kill the enemy tanks, or use the funny circle to force the enemy tanks to come be killed or you win anyway. Everyone has HP's, all you need is to remove theirs before they remove yours. If you don't remove as many if not more HP's than you bring to the game, someone else has to. The more you have to rely upon "Someone Else", the less likely you are to win.

WARNING!!! THE ABOVE POST WILL CONTAIN SARCASM. My day job does not allow sarcasm, so its use may be obscure and liberal.

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #12 Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:50 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79267 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

I once had a platoon of 3 mark leopards on my team. I just cried and did what I could before we draw on an attack because the full health top tier leopard is still sniping on the 8 line hill on erlenberg at the two minutes mark.

But hey at least they did their own hp worth of damage.

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 22 February 2020 - 02:51 PM.

Type 4 Medium Tank Chi-To

BorisTheBlade888 #13 Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:02 PM

First lieutenant

• 36666 battles
  • [BLAZE] BLAZE

View PostNZ_Tanker, on 21 February 2020 - 02:09 PM, said:

hard to win games with all god dam bots

yea some might have better win rates cause they got carry hard

Your win rate has NOTHING to do with bots. If there are bots on your team - the enemy team will statistically have the same amount of bots - so it evens out. As others have mentioned you need to improve. DPG is not the key metric here... you need to look at your damage and kill ratios. Your KD is 0.46 - so you get killed more than twice on average for every kill you make..... and for every 100HP of damage you cause to the enemy - you are taking 200 yourself. 

THAT is the reason why you have your low win rate. It's easy for a flank / team to fall when just one tank (you) dies prematurely without exacting enough damage beforehand in return. Look at some of the unicum players in this game and they have MUCH better K/D / Damage ratios than you because they play better. Not because they get better teams / they have been carried by someone else.

Partner with someone who knows what they are doing / watch some training videos on youtube - follow their advise - and you will get better. You keep blaming this on bots etc - just put on a tinfoil hat and watch your win rate keep going south.

NZ_Tanker #14 Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:08 PM

Private

• 5512 battles

View PostBorisTheBlade888, on 22 February 2020 - 10:02 PM, said:

Your win rate has NOTHING to do with bots. If there are bots on your team - the enemy team will statistically have the same amount of bots - so it evens out. As others have mentioned you need to improve. DPG is not the key metric here... you need to look at your damage and kill ratios. Your KD is 0.46 - so you get killed more than twice on average for every kill you make..... and for every 100HP of damage you cause to the enemy - you are taking 200 yourself. 

THAT is the reason why you have your low win rate. It's easy for a flank / team to fall when just one tank (you) dies prematurely without exacting enough damage beforehand in return. Look at some of the unicum players in this game and they have MUCH better K/D / Damage ratios than you because they play better. Not because they get better teams / they have been carried by someone else.

Partner with someone who knows what they are doing / watch some training videos on youtube - follow their advise - and you will get better. You keep blaming this on bots etc - just put on a tinfoil hat and watch your win rate keep going south.

ok i hear what your saying so how do i make this account have better stats?

NZ_Tanker #15 Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:47 PM

Private

• 5512 battles

https://imgur.com/a/o8Od1Ki This game no idea why team did so bad.

https://imgur.com/a/eD9OdKB team bad

https://imgur.com/a/Kh9Z4Dv this one our light tanks suicide into there base and  super conqueror sat at back doing nothing people were pinging it to move.

moves with 120 seconds to go and dies.

theses been in my last 6 games. 

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #16 Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:01 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79267 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Two Fadin's in a day, imagine how bad the teams are

Type 4 Medium Tank Chi-To

NZ_Tanker #17 Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:21 PM

Private

• 5512 battles
https://imgur.com/a/pz68FML heres another all our heavys died. and they came after us. idk what hell i can do. im on 160ms from new zealand. also im doing this solo witch does suck i have no friends on here my brother plays now and then but not in a while. 

azmania3000 #18 Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:11 AM

Captain

• 48296 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostNZ_Tanker, on 23 February 2020 - 01:21 AM, said:

https://imgur.com/a/pz68FML heres another all our heavys died. and they came after us. idk what hell i can do. im on 160ms from new zealand. also im doing this solo witch does suck i have no friends on here my brother plays now and then but not in a while. 

Was thinking of starting a thread on how hard it is to win,,,,,,,,,but this chat seems pretty close:P

Winning is definitely harder; I have re-lapsed on my tobacco addiction and have resumed smoking just to play this game. Victory or Death!!! right?

One good tip for learning: If you die; watch battles to their conclusion and ask, "what was the consequence of my death?" "Did it contribute to victory or defeat?".

Sometimes you need to be a fall guy for the team and just take it sideways...…..but usually one needs to change tactic (attack or defence) and relocate.

Personally, I have a defensive mindset, from years of playing tennis and rugby. I'm pint-sized (~60kg) so my strategy in sports is usually defend then counter-attack. In tanks I find I become too passive when tired and cant make attacking decisions. Do you have any 'ticks' that influence play?

Bash_sh #19 Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:17 AM

First lieutenant

• 27890 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
shoot more red ones ... for longer

Puggsley #20 Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:38 AM

Captain

• 72867 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostNZ_Tanker, on 22 February 2020 - 11:08 PM, said:

ok i hear what your saying so how do i make this account have better stats?

Learn to play better than you currently are. 

You are worrying about the wrong thing.

Forget focusing on WR and focus on doing things which over the long run will lead to more wins.

Get more damage, get more kills, learn to stay alive longer so you can influence the game. Learn to consistently do damage (I'm including spotting in this) from early in the game. If your damage or assist counter has not gone up for 20 seconds you are in the wrong spot. 

Remember reading a story about an AFL coach who used only 5 measures to determine how his team was playing. Winning was not one of them. He focused on things which massively contribute to winning, but the actual result was meaningless. He reasoned that you can play badly and get lucky with a win, and play really well but still get beaten.

WR will come as you improve your game, you cannot chase that stat by itself. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users