• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #161 Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:27 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79267 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View Postafoxq, on 28 February 2020 - 12:17 PM, said:

“Good luck is for novices, bad luck is for everyone. Bank on skill, you control it.” - Mike Pannone

"Luck is a skill"

-Sports anime protagonists everywhere

Type 4 Medium Tank Chi-To

dhi67540 #162 Posted 01 March 2020 - 03:11 AM

Corporal

• 4242 battles

View PostZynth, on 29 February 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

I honestly give up. Why am I even here explaining statistics? Is there even an audience here that will benefit from my explanation?

I might as well just go back to posting snarky comments about artillery on the Discord. I hereby retire from this thread. You may claim victory if you wish.

"Consider my previous post about the game of dice and running. Assuming a player that consistently runs faster fights against a player that never wins in the running games, consider the math behind it. A simplified version would have 2 dice being rolled and the runner getting one extra dice roll. The runner rolls 3 dice, while the non-runner rolls 2. This brings the average total score of the runner from 7 to 10.5. Think of it that way, a good player finds ways to roll the dice more often. This is easily visualized by considering that the good player is able to find ways to shoot more and live longer. A good player can be faced with a poor roll, but find ways to reroll it through smart play. A good player even when faced with a poor team, is occasionally able to carry the team to victory. Sure the good player may occasionally get poor luck and fail even while rerolling, but overall over the course of thousands of games, he will eventually win more."

This is the best advice I have seen on this forum to date - so your advice is not falling on deaf ears :).  My win rate hasn't improved this past week but my average damage and XP this week have doubled compared to my long term average.

Edited by dhi67540, 01 March 2020 - 03:15 AM.

charcoal44 #163 Posted 01 March 2020 - 08:47 AM

Sergeant

• 14199 battles
  • [NFB] NFB

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 28 February 2020 - 09:30 PM, said:

its clearly not even a crew/equippment or stock tank problem, its completly lack of commom sense. 

That's because "common sense" is tied to life experience, what's common sense to me (61) may not be common sense to a 20yo.

About the only thing I'd say is common sense is, that sticking your hand in a fire will hurt, we get taught that by our mums from a very early age.

How does this tie into the game I hear you plead, well noob players don't yet know where to spot a crumbling flank, don't know that a tank with 1hp is still lethal, or how to effectively hide their tank in bushes.

I know it's frustrating to have these people on your team, but that's how it is with the current MM.

I really think WG need to beef up the training  side for new players, with tips in game alerting them to things they might now see, and then give them a robust de brief on their performance at the end.

And make them meet certain criteria before they get on the live server with other players.

Ezz #164 Posted 01 March 2020 - 08:55 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
More training could help, but it requires people to realise they need the help. Unfortunately D-K is very strong in wot. As we've seen, even 47%ers don't like accepting that they're a detriment to their teams. Maybe if wg implemented a system of tier limiting players with sub par ability perhaps then they'd get the message. And to be fair a player seeking help has heaps of resources these days. The quality of both wg and 3rd party content is the best it's ever been.

Edited by Ezz, 01 March 2020 - 09:00 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #165 Posted 01 March 2020 - 09:28 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79267 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
I have seen people who fail the job-advancement missions in other games. They blame the game for being too hard.

U12D13 #166 Posted 01 March 2020 - 01:00 PM

IRL Garbage Collector

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 41882 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 29 February 2020 - 02:27 PM, said:

"Luck is a skill"

-Sports anime protagonists everywhere

"Like the others, you were strong and swift and brave. A natural leader. But you had something they didn't. Something no one saw... but me. Can you guess? Luck."

- An Iconic Game

I'm not good at this game, its just that the rest of the server sucks~

Casual Gaming: Apply for [ANKOU] today! Simple requirements: English speaking, new players welcome!

Competitive Gaming: Come join in the [FUNI] family! Weekly Strongholds and CWs~ Now recruiting!

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #167 Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:46 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79267 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

"Bacon"

- Bacon

Splattimus #168 Posted 02 March 2020 - 08:13 AM

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

• Beta-Tester
  • 26114 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostEzz, on 01 March 2020 - 10:55 AM, said:

More training could help, but it requires people to realise they need the help. Unfortunately D-K is very strong in wot. As we've seen, even 47%ers don't like accepting that they're a detriment to their teams. Maybe if wg implemented a system of tier limiting players with sub par ability perhaps then they'd get the message. And to be fair a player seeking help has heaps of resources these days. The quality of both wg and 3rd party content is the best it's ever been.

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 01 March 2020 - 11:28 AM, said:

I have seen people who fail the job-advancement missions in other games. They blame the game for being too hard.

The trouble is a lot of this information already exists... But you need to read it. And Redin's Ard Yo...

The trouble is this is a game. Games are meant to be fun, not work. When mechanics make sense in the real world and relate perfectly in game, people don't need to read about how it works. They experience it every day.

Its giving the training for the nuances which turn someone from 44% to 50% without making it a bloody job which is hard. Making it fun, informative, and giving some reward for correctly demonstrating knowledge is the trick...

... And then convincing everyone to give it a go, because those who don't understand, and won't read, often do not think what they're doing is the problem, and so they don't need any training, and won't read about any rewards either...

Unless you sent it out in binary as well? :P

WARNING!!! THE ABOVE POST WILL CONTAIN SARCASM. My day job does not allow sarcasm, so its use may be obscure and liberal.

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

Diehardt #169 Posted 02 March 2020 - 10:53 AM

Private

• 19904 battles
  • [101ST] 101ST

Watch some Claus on you tube.  A bit of patience does not hurt the W/R while you assess and analyse the situation, rather than being overly agressive... and before I get flamed after triggering half the forum, I am NOT saying camp the entire game.

Plan B is play OP Russian tanks.

Ezz #170 Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:07 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Why would the forum be annoyed by someone advising thinking about their play?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

NameWasStolenStresslevel #171 Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:11 PM

Captain

• 45939 battles

View Postazmania3000, on 28 February 2020 - 08:49 PM, said:

Yep, Sounds pretty normal to me. You die you don't carry; thems the rules. Today I got 3 top guns in 14 battles, 2 of those were losses. The win came from taking 6 kills in a 6v3 endgame. If I can net 800xp on a loss I'm not too upset.

This is also normal. Drop 3 games then it's time to change tank or take a time-out. I think Either MM will deal me rubbish or I'm beginning to tilt. Maybe the map cycle isn't to my liking or the server meta is shifting with the time of day. Maybe I'm too tired (common)

thank you men i am actually feeling far better now as i have completed the marathon "thanks" to the company i work at shutdown for two weekdays (due to cov-1 virus spread on China). Now its time to relax and i dont feel anymore pressure to play the game. I know i was grinding wrong way, should have completed the marathon by playing tier 8 cred making tanks but i was so pissed with the things i stated above (the comment u replied to) that i decided to exclusively play tier 6 and attempt to have an impact at mid-low tiers. Thx anyway and good day.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 02 March 2020 - 04:12 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

NameWasStolenStresslevel #172 Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:19 PM

Captain

• 45939 battles

View Postcharcoal44, on 01 March 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

That's because "common sense" is tied to life experience, what's common sense to me (61) may not be common sense to a 20yo.

About the only thing I'd say is common sense is, that sticking your hand in a fire will hurt, we get taught that by our mums from a very early age.

How does this tie into the game I hear you plead, well noob players don't yet know where to spot a crumbling flank, don't know that a tank with 1hp is still lethal, or how to effectively hide their tank in bushes.

I know it's frustrating to have these people on your team, but that's how it is with the current MM.

I really think WG need to beef up the training  side for new players, with tips in game alerting them to things they might now see, and then give them a robust de brief on their performance at the end.

And make them meet certain criteria before they get on the live server with other players.

+1.

I was just pissed, but now its over and i see that my comment was kinda exagerated. The plays i seen during the marathon was not from old gentlements playing the game like they always do, instead it was from players that clearly intented to only care about some sort of fast paced grind instead of "quality grind" (focusing on winning the game to get deeper base XP grinding). 60 years old gentlements clearly are people who play the game for enjoyment, i am pretty sure of it as most of my friends are people 20-30 years older than me and i know their mindset.

The people i was refering to are the ones who do it on purpose and care nothing about team and only about their selfish fast paced grind and poor base XP, which leads to losses and also leads to consequently even more painful grinds across the server. The competitiveness of the game at low tiers is clearly low so thats solely my fault for choosing this tier to the grind (completed only 2 marathon levels using tier 10 leopard), but i also cant blame WG for this, some of the worlds problems are up to the people engaged on it, not the higher ups who only take advantage of us (the masses).

Thx for the insight and good day.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 02 March 2020 - 06:39 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Lupi #173 Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:52 PM

Private

• 21831 battles
  • [ETC] ETC

my last 250 battles (this past almost week) I've been a 38% player.  

According to the internet this is the AFK win rate.  So if I just did nothing and went AFK I'd have the same win rate.

So my WN8 has been green for all the tanks/tiers I've played and I've even completed some difficult missions... however all of this is imaginary reality because I've been getting an AFK win rate.

This is playing LTs and MTs in tiers 9,8,7 and 6.  Its consistently ~38% across all tanks.

Its strange because the enemy teams seem to mostly be playing normally, and I'm trying...but there is weirdness going on with my teams.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?   Or is it just me?  Maybe I'm not actually alive and I'm existing in some Bruce Willis movie reality that a crew skill was named after or something....

maybe it can be explained by me getting bots in all my teams and I'm experiencing their 38% win rate...but what of the enemies?  

Edited by Lupi, 09 March 2020 - 08:58 PM.

Ezz #174 Posted 09 March 2020 - 11:25 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Yipee kay yay!

azmania3000 #175 Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:00 PM

Captain

• 48296 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 02 March 2020 - 06:11 PM, said:

thank you men i am actually feeling far better now as i have completed the marathon "thanks" to the company i work at shutdown for two weekdays (due to cov-1 virus spread on China). Now its time to relax and i dont feel anymore pressure to play the game. I know i was grinding wrong way, should have completed the marathon by playing tier 8 cred making tanks but i was so pissed with the things i stated above (the comment u replied to) that i decided to exclusively play tier 6 and attempt to have an impact at mid-low tiers. Thx anyway and good day.

This game induces anger of epic proportions. I have a collection of "used" keyboards in my cupboard that are missing a bunch of keys :angry:

Overcoming anger must be a skill. It effects win rate

Ezz #176 Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:59 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postazmania3000, on 10 March 2020 - 04:00 PM, said:

This game induces anger of epic proportions. I have a collection of "used" keyboards in my cupboard that are missing a bunch of keys 

Overcoming anger must be a skill. It effects win rate

If you've got a spare CTRL key i'm currently down one.

azmania3000 #177 Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:14 PM

Captain

• 48296 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

View PostEzz, on 10 March 2020 - 04:59 PM, said:

If you've got a spare CTRL key i'm currently down one.

Got 2 logitechs, not mechanical though.

I prefer membrane keyboards for their ability to resist more than a mere fistbump, or an exaggerated sip of coffee. Utility is under-rated XD

dhi67540 #178 Posted 10 March 2020 - 05:16 PM

Corporal

• 4242 battles
[edited]

Edited by dhi67540, 10 March 2020 - 05:19 PM.

Profanisaurus #179 Posted 11 March 2020 - 04:50 AM

le sigh

• 2017 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG

View Postazmania3000, on 10 March 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

This game induces anger of epic proportions. I have a collection of "used" keyboards in my cupboard that are missing a bunch of keys :angry:

Mine is headsets...

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Splattimus #180 Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:02 AM

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

• Beta-Tester
  • 26114 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostProfanisaurus, on 11 March 2020 - 06:50 AM, said:

Mine is headsets...

My dog solved my problem...

No, he brings me his tennis ball, I throw that. If I'm really pissed off, I slam that down into the floor and it hits the roof. This makes him give me puppy dog eyes, and I feel guilty, and I stop, and just throw the ball for him normally...

Means my last keyboard, mouse and headset has lasted months now...

WARNING!!! THE ABOVE POST WILL CONTAIN SARCASM. My day job does not allow sarcasm, so its use may be obscure and liberal.

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users