Dawn of Industry Fame Point spending calculator

Dawn of Industry Fame Point calculator

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

ForbiddenName #21 Posted 01 March 2020 - 07:17 AM

Corporal

• 39691 battles

View PostJordyBro, on 01 March 2020 - 06:29 AM, said:

Losing multiple provinces again and again, with multiple replays available to the public screaming dodgy. Yet only one took a fair smack to the back of the hand. Mr Angelina of PAKIN got away with murder here

Rigging appears to be the new meta and wargaming approved!

ForbiddenName #22 Posted 01 March 2020 - 07:23 AM

Corporal

• 39691 battles

View Postwasaabi, on 01 March 2020 - 05:00 AM, said:

the clans lost fame points but only the players in that battle lost personal fame and only for those battle that were rigged

Were the clans and individual players who lost out to players using illegal mods and the riggers credited with any fame points?

wasaabi #23 Posted 01 March 2020 - 09:08 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23126 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostForbiddenName, on 01 March 2020 - 09:23 AM, said:

Were the clans and individual players who lost out to players using illegal mods and the riggers credited with any fame points?

Not as far as I know

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

ForbiddenName #24 Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:12 AM

Corporal

• 39691 battles

View Postwasaabi, on 01 March 2020 - 09:08 AM, said:

Not as far as I know

Does not strike me as "fair play"

Edited by ForbiddenName, 01 March 2020 - 05:25 PM.

FramFramson #25 Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:19 AM

Major

• 49581 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View Postwasaabi, on 29 February 2020 - 04:00 PM, said:

Firstly the adjustment shown is relevant to the last update of the alley of fame, not compared to the start.  Secondly the players that lost personal fame came from all levels so only someone right at level 5400 or so would see the full impact of all of the bans.  

Also, in most cases I could see (apart from the original 309 banned for illegal mod use) the clans lost fame points but only the players in that battle lost personal fame and only for those battle that were rigged,  I guess that meant there was insufficient evidence of systemic rigging by any clan as in previous years where at least one clan was disbanded as well.

Well I'm down around 4500 or so...

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Ezz #26 Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:31 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Based on wasabi's second paragraph it sounds like they would have kept the rest of their fame as opposed to losing all of it and copping a ban. Basically saying it's ok to be a cheat, and if you are you'll only be punished for what they know about. Suspect more people will be getting on the 5 battle apathy train given wg's limp stance on this and other infractions.

Edited by Ezz, 01 March 2020 - 10:33 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

wasaabi #27 Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:32 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23126 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostFramFramson, on 01 March 2020 - 12:19 PM, said:

Well I'm down around 4500 or so...

I took a screenshot of the starting page and my position, I moved up a total of of around 160 places or so. Some players who lost fame points therefore didn't drop past my amount of fame and some were below mine so I guess it averages out.

wasaabi #28 Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:34 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23126 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostEzz, on 01 March 2020 - 12:31 PM, said:

Based on wasabi's second paragraph it sounds like they would have kept the rest of their fame as opposed to losing all of it. Basically wg saying it's ok to be a cheat, and if you are you'll only be punished for what they know about. Suspect more people will be getting on the 5 battle apathy train given wg's limp stance on this and other infractions.

it is what it is, players must have lost fame points only for the battles WG got evidence for. My guess is unless there was evidence of systematic cheating they can only act on case by case.

Ezz #29 Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:35 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postwasaabi, on 01 March 2020 - 12:34 PM, said:

it is what it is, players must have lost fame points only for the battles WG got evidence for. My guess is unless there was evidence of systematic cheating they can only act on case by case.

Which in turn provides very little deterrent with the main message being 'don't be an idiot and stream it next time and you'll be fine'.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

ForbiddenName #30 Posted 01 March 2020 - 11:50 AM

Corporal

• 39691 battles

View PostEzz, on 01 March 2020 - 10:31 AM, said:

Based on wasabi's second paragraph it sounds like they would have kept the rest of their fame as opposed to losing all of it and copping a ban. Basically saying it's ok to be a cheat, and if you are you'll only be punished for what they know about. Suspect more people will be getting on the 5 battle apathy train given wg's limp stance on this and other infractions.

Spot on +1

Ezz #31 Posted 01 March 2020 - 11:54 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Interestingly from what I gather chip spam was a full fame loss while rigging battles was barely a slap on the wrist.

ForbiddenName #32 Posted 01 March 2020 - 11:55 AM

Corporal

• 39691 battles

View Postwasaabi, on 01 March 2020 - 10:34 AM, said:

Wargaming hasn't even actioned all tickets related to the event, their renowned quality control even asked me to provide a replay... when I added that in the first ticket. We played almost all our advanced battles against a clan who used at least two accounts with 279e's running the famed "illegal mod", wargaming only "sanctioned" the clan by banning the two 44% (probably purchased) accounts piloted by other players. I may have ended up above position 1505 :facepalm: if they were appropriately sanctioned.

Edited by ForbiddenName, 01 March 2020 - 11:58 AM.

CardinalMite #33 Posted 01 March 2020 - 12:04 PM

Captain

• 31958 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postwasaabi, on 01 March 2020 - 02:34 AM, said:

This is madness on WGs part. We just saw a competitive international swimmer get his career effectively ended with an 8 year ban because he deliberately rigged a drug test. 

That is a deterrent.

Can you imagine exactly how bad competitive sport would be if every time something like that happened all the penalty was that you got DQ for the last specific instance of an event you competed in?

People knowingly involved in rigging, or any other form of cheating (WG stop making a distinction between rigging and other forms of cheating, as you have done many times in the past); should lose all progress in CW that season at least, all FP, any tanks awarded, everything.

Then they should be banned from the next Clan Wars event also. Second offence, they get banned from all clan wars forever.

People get permanent chat-bans for less, which are handed out like candy.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

FramFramson #34 Posted 01 March 2020 - 12:36 PM

Major

• 49581 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
Look at the Olympics. What do you expect from Russians?

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Genesong #35 Posted 01 March 2020 - 01:01 PM

#GetChieftainaChieftain

• Beta-Tester
  • 16042 battles
Remember that OPA/PAKIN only got caught out because they live streamed it. Had they not live streamed it they probably would've gotten away with it, hell, PAKIN did get away with it. (Because you know, sanctioning one clan for collusion and not the other clan that had to be onboard for it to be collusion in the first place makes total sense.)

signature.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users