Front Line Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

dhi67540 #1 Posted 16 March 2020 - 06:39 AM

Corporal

• 4242 battles
OK, so I have been through my first FL round with limited success.  Took me 65 battles to get to Level 15 but I got there.  I could reasonably reliably get to Capt and just missed Major a few times but just could not get any higher.  I only have 2 non premium tier 8 tanks - Charioteer and UDES 14alt5.  I experimented with these 2 tanks plus a few Premiums - T-44-100, LT-432, Bourasque, Progetto and AMX Cd105.  My issues were poor hit rate, poor pen and poor survivability.  Do you need at least 1 HT to do well in FL?  The Bourasque and UDES, although doing well at doing damage were effectively '1 shot' if you were hit by a single arty barrage.  The AMX Cd105, although having a supposed excellent gun just did not hit where it was aimed most of the time.  The Charioteer just could not hit or even pen most FL tanks.

LeSigh #2 Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:38 AM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 51314 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Heavies are useful as you first tank and sometimes late game but you really want mobility. Your real points makers are damage/kills and work around the caps. If you have engineering you want to be capping or blocking caps. If you have an airstrike ready you want to be dropping in on a cap if you are defending or using it to help yourself get cap points.

You also need to be willing to lose a tank to get the rewards but at the same time working hard to keep yourself with a tank. The moment you are waiting for a tank you are losing a chance to do the three things that help your ranks (damage/kills/caps).
This account proudly sponsored by WG

Puggsley #3 Posted 16 March 2020 - 10:23 AM

Captain

• 72668 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Lots of vision tanks in your lineup, need to be making the most of them. 

As le sighs, kills are important. Always be on the lookout for them, and assist is really easy FLXP. 

Most important is general map awareness. You need to keep the gun singing, and hence need to be in places where enemies are likely to be. Its my biggest issue on Kraft, I have hardly played that map so its hard to know where to go.  

Mudguts_Cheese #4 Posted 16 March 2020 - 01:18 PM

Face like a Robber's Dog

• Beta-Tester
  • 44445 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

I'm wondering if you're consistently hitting enough damaging/tracking shots on the right targets? Captain Obvious comment (no offence intended, just some people don't undertstand the mechanics):

• You need to be shooting the capping tanks when Defending over almost every other target. Prefereably from the side and from a distance to preserve your health early on.
    • Except wheelies - shoot wheelies whenever you can - that's just a Community Service
  • Keep a careful eye on your respawns and make sure you've always got one up your sleeve. (see LeSigh's comment above)
    • if you're in something like a Burlesque or a Prog, and there's any tank on the cap you can clip - do it even if you die.
    • the rank-ups for doing 6-700 hp of damage and killing a target on cap, probs beats soloing a T8 tank from full health anywhere else on the map
  • If you participate in at least 2 caps as an attacker (and maybe get 30-40 cap points each time) you should be getting to Captain in most games? 
    • assuming you then go on and get your usual amount of damage etc

I'm a 50% WR scrub and I got Level 15 in 25-30 battles with only one General rank, but don't think I ever got less than Captain.

Edited by Mudguts_Cheese, 16 March 2020 - 01:40 PM.

S3mbr3ak3R #5 Posted 16 March 2020 - 06:43 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 27214 battles
 i was driving in my S1 an awkward tank to play FL the whole match but to my surprise i was 1 rank lower to get the general rank! I just use parts of the map where there is wide firing range and a hard cover in case i will be focused on and land penetrating shots, Additionaly, I use my combat reserves when its the right time to use it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users