Bots .. I am sick of them

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Locutu5 #1 Posted 17 March 2020 - 11:54 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 56640 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

Ok seriously lets get real here other than the bots that WG introduced to the game a wee whiles back I get the need for padding the player base .. but recently I have restarted playing again and dam,ned if there aren't teir 8 and 9 bots as well its just that they aren't WG one. Look at this link [Content removed] try and tell me that there aren't people out there wasting everyone elses time grinding silver and selling accounts ..

WG [edited] .. seriously start playing your own game and eliminate these bot accounts.

Linking to inappropriate sites.  Content removed, user sanctioned.

~Wasaabi

Ezz #2 Posted 17 March 2020 - 11:57 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The link will have to come down, but the sentiments should remain.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 17 March 2020 - 12:02 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 81910 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
Dont post evidence... They make a bad situation believable

"oNlY tOxIc PlAyErS bLaMe ThE tEaM fOr LoSiNg"

Still waiting for techtree-based CW

Locutu5 #4 Posted 17 March 2020 - 12:18 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 56640 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
Yeah sorry for the link (feel free to have it edited out but trying to show what's out there with a simple google search) .. not hard to find the link .. just google it and it is the only explanation for tanks behaving like they do and clumping together .. almost like there is a nest of computers botting together. It is simply terrible, I would rather have the bots that WG use than these useless things ..

Puggsley #5 Posted 17 March 2020 - 01:18 PM

Major

• 75882 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
Wowsers now I know why it was so freaking dangerous to be spotted when stalking a bot herd.

Bigglesfliesagain_ #6 Posted 17 March 2020 - 05:43 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 32881 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Let's not count them out, they do play better to 50% of thw current player base.....:medal:

They have managed to find the W key.:izmena:

#XVMStatsMatter

#DepthMatters

#Are[InsertClanNameHere]Recruiting

Ezz #7 Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:35 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's a sad state of affairs when you realise that the bots are better than a fair number of humans who either are incapable or are the sort who would actively grief their teams.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

jerrek1 #8 Posted 18 March 2020 - 04:22 PM

Corporal

• 6055 battles

You should probably edit out your link before you get banned.

I expect that WG does put some effort into it despite it seeming not. But its a never-ending battle with the bot makers trying to stay one step ahead. 

As if the game was not expensive enough to play. Never seen the point of bots.

Do people run these bots on particular servers at specific times. I don't see much evidence of it on HK server during the afternoon (am I blind or is it just the odd person using them). Is it limited to certain tiers normally. If you played tier 8 or higher and kept getting farmed without getting much damage back you won't make many credits and will probably loose them. 

Of course you get some tanks hanging way back or AFK but neither is obvious 100% guaranteed bots. Some players just hang way back because they are timid / poor and some people just go AFK or have computer issues (its happens to all of us at some point). Some players only have 42 or 43 % winrates but its not always obvious a bot they just look like poor players. If they are using bots it is not doing them much good. The stats are ruined and the EXP / credits gained must be low.  

The closest I saw to mass bots was a few weeks back on assault on ghost town 4 tanks (not platooned) held way back near the arty well out of firing range. The rest of us did really well but were eventually overrun. Then inexplicably the 4 tanks came forward and carried with good play. It was so weird if they were bots they suddenly became really good. I am more inclined to think some people were signing up together and just playing around. 

StinkyMoko #9 Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:13 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 59929 battles

Tier 6-7 games today there were 3 SPG in every game, they would mostly clump together like bots. So whenever I died early in the battle I would spectate the SPG's. They would all turn in perfect synchrony, often at a random spot on the map (no tanks spotted anywhere near where they were aimed, even when enemy were capping on one occasion).

Must say, It's cool if you are playing SPG and a clump of bot enemy SPG are spotted........3 for 1 deal!!! 

Edit: HK server

Edited by StinkyMoko, 19 March 2020 - 12:15 PM.

AKASHA178 #10 Posted 20 March 2020 - 04:52 AM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 44520 battles
  • [ESLMN] ESLMN

View PostDiggityMacDiggFace, on 17 March 2020 - 06:54 AM, said:

Ok seriously lets get real here other than the bots that WG introduced to the game a wee whiles back I get the need for padding the player base .. but recently I have restarted playing again and dam,ned if there aren't teir 8 and 9 bots as well its just that they aren't WG one. Look at this link [Content removed] try and tell me that there aren't people out there wasting everyone elses time grinding silver and selling accounts ..

WG [edited] .. seriously start playing your own game and eliminate these bot accounts.

Linking to inappropriate sites.  Content removed, user sanctioned.

~Wasaabi

well awhile ago i point this out but, nobody cares, plus WG got no program atm to detect the bots (new bot system) unless been reported by players which also end up in long term observation which 50% wont get ban since players use them time to time not always so, observation will failed

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

Trina_Made_It #11 Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:23 PM

Private

• 14189 battles
  • [LANCR] LANCR
Can I ask whats going on here? I just played a tier 8 game and there seemed like only 3 people on the team were actual players. The whole rest of the team literally followed 1 tank. Like all in the same square followed 1 tank. I am gobsmacked. This makes the game unplayable.

Ezz #12 Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:25 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
This is what happens when wg don't impose any social isolation measures.

BadTeddy #13 Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:16 AM

Corporal

• 46285 battles
  • [SNAFU] SNAFU

WG has done this calculation - is the amount of money lost by players getting annoyed with bots then leaving > the amount of money lost by banning bots; if not, then take only superficial action against bots. WG has plenty of smart people working for them, however their intelligence is slanted towards optimising the amount of money the company makes, not necessarily optimising the gaming experience for players. They know all about the bots, could take automated and serious action against them, but choose not to because it would lose them money.

jerrek1 #14 Posted 31 March 2020 - 04:30 PM

Corporal

• 6055 battles

I rarely play the anz server preferring the extra numbers on the HK server. 

On the 2nd game I had on the anz server today pretty much as described. First time I had seen it as well and the last time I will play on the ANZ server. Maybe 5 bots. And i presume a similar number on the other team. 

As much as people describe why people do this I don't get it. Its such a waste of effort. Whoever buys these accounts are going to have the most awful stats. I almost presume the people buying them a re-rolls who have been banned from there other accounts for cheating. Surely a new player would not bother putting the money into it. 

Puggsley #15 Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:21 AM

Major

• 75882 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Had a morning on the ANZ server yesterday with a clan-mate and we managed to help him knock over about 10 missions for the Chimera. At one point it was "OK, what now? One game, tick it off. Next.

Think we ended up with 19 wins from 23 games.

I averaged 3k damage in the T54 mod 1 for the day, 8 battles.

All on the back of a huge bot presence. We were trying to figure out who buys these accounts.

Also looked like quite a few people were using bots to farm the Battle Pass xp.  

Ezz #16 Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:31 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 01 April 2020 - 10:21 AM, said:

Also looked like quite a few people were using bots to farm the Battle Pass xp.  

It's clear some accounts are played when the owner feels like it, otherwise they put a bot to work. The sad thing is some seem to feel that as long as their overall stats show some signs of humanity that they then can't be banned.

CaptKaveman #17 Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:14 AM

Corporal

• 17126 battles
  • [HMNZ] HMNZ

I have sent in prob a hundreds of replays in 2018/19 asking for explanation of the following issues 

1. highspeed tanks able to snap shot you at 60kph+ and at 5-6 squares away

2. tanks pops around a corner does not have to aim just turns and shoots ( does not miss) yet it takes atleast  3-4secs for most of my tanks to aim unless at close range

3.tanks able to hit you with only the smallest bit of your tank showing

4.tanks able to shoot though a pile of concrete blocks stacked up with a very small window to shoot through almost impossible

5. pretty much all my tanks have useless aim starting from as close as 2 squares

6. im behind a bush i should be camo yet still seen from a tank thats moving and in camo

7. enemy tank at speed in the open at 50% inside my green scope goes into camo

8. my 4 shot auto loader at close range does damage in all 3 shots but because the last shell with kill it does nothing, happens often

9. 90% of all my hits track me making me a sitting duck even when my track cannot be seen

10. when i got to the SU-14-2  in my 1st 8 games or so i was doing easy 2.5-4k damage but then all of a sudden im lucky to get over 1k

11. is some cases when i get a new tank i start really well then wot mechanics kicks in and goes oh we cant have this players win % states going to high

i know i play a forward game so yeah get killed often, have a high capture rate % but every tank i get and start well, once i pass a 15-20 games the losses start coming

this year 2020 the win % is down another 4-5%, so i believe im restricted by the win % im allowed

ive found so many faults or unbalanced unfair game play is beyond a joke

and the list goes on, but all wot could come up with is excuses as to why this was going on so i called them bs, so what is the best way to stop people from voicing their concerns!!!  ticket banned

mrtimbo #18 Posted 23 September 2020 - 01:03 PM

Corporal

• 1519 battles
its also down to population .. I came over in 2018 from the EU to Oz and had never heard of a "bot" before .. every game was manned by a real player because there simply was enough players to go around for every game. Over here (pre covid) I had to wait half an hour for a game as there was never enough players .. then the bots started to arrive and it grew out of control .. WG must have an algorithm for these bots .. on some occasions I can click a bot and indicate a point on the map and they appear to travel there?? Dunno if it is just chance but it certainly seems to work ... 

obj_19 #19 Posted 23 September 2020 - 09:59 PM

Corporal

• 4193 battles

View PostCaptKaveman, on 04 May 2020 - 05:14 AM, said:

I have sent in prob a hundreds of replays in 2018/19 asking for explanation of the following issues 

1. highspeed tanks able to snap shot you at 60kph+ and at 5-6 squares away

2. tanks pops around a corner does not have to aim just turns and shoots ( does not miss) yet it takes atleast  3-4secs for most of my tanks to aim unless at close range

3.tanks able to hit you with only the smallest bit of your tank showing

4.tanks able to shoot though a pile of concrete blocks stacked up with a very small window to shoot through almost impossible

5. pretty much all my tanks have useless aim starting from as close as 2 squares

6. im behind a bush i should be camo yet still seen from a tank thats moving and in camo

7. enemy tank at speed in the open at 50% inside my green scope goes into camo

8. my 4 shot auto loader at close range does damage in all 3 shots but because the last shell with kill it does nothing, happens often

9. 90% of all my hits track me making me a sitting duck even when my track cannot be seen

10. when i got to the SU-14-2  in my 1st 8 games or so i was doing easy 2.5-4k damage but then all of a sudden im lucky to get over 1k

11. is some cases when i get a new tank i start really well then wot mechanics kicks in and goes oh we cant have this players win % states going to high

i know i play a forward game so yeah get killed often, have a high capture rate % but every tank i get and start well, once i pass a 15-20 games the losses start coming

this year 2020 the win % is down another 4-5%, so i believe im restricted by the win % im allowed

ive found so many faults or unbalanced unfair game play is beyond a joke

and the list goes on, but all wot could come up with is excuses as to why this was going on so i called them bs, so what is the best way to stop people from voicing their concerns!!!  ticket banned

I can debunk a few points:

1-Bourrasque. Accurate on the move (tho it has bad disp when moving turret iirc). I can't remember the amount of times i've been killed for 600-700 damage... sometimes 800 damage from a bourrasque who's circling me.)

5- That's not the bots fault really. Check the tanks' dispersion values and put equipment to help with it.

6- Can't debunk much here... but, do you have sixth sense on those tanks? is the opponent who killed you in the same clan as a player on ur team? Is the player who killed you friends with a teammate of yours?

7- tanks are only spotted for 10 seconds. Is ur commander 100%? do you have optics and binocs?

8- I play 4Shot autoloaders too. Most times, the accuracy is at fault. 3/4 always hits and the fourth into the sky or floor. Sometimes bounce a shot or tracks absorb a hit or two.

9- HE can do that by just splashing you, y'know. it can splash above yo tracks and do a lot to yo tracks. oh, and Hitboxes.

10- When you first buy a tank, the MM gives you a honeymoon period to fight make you top tier or top of the list. iirc it's likely for first match only. (is this evidence of skill based MM i see?)

that's all i could help. If my points aren't fulfilled, it's a bot.

Edited by obj_19, 23 September 2020 - 09:59 PM.

retired blitz unicorn.

I'm a complete noob

i'm the worst guide writer in the world,

Don't listen to my advice or your winrate might go below 30%.

Puggsley #20 Posted 24 September 2020 - 10:37 AM

Major

• 75882 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View Postobj_19, on 23 September 2020 - 11:59 PM, said:

I can debunk a few points:

1-Bourrasque. Accurate on the move (tho it has bad disp when moving turret iirc). I can't remember the amount of times i've been killed for 600-700 damage... sometimes 800 damage from a bourrasque who's circling me.)

5- That's not the bots fault really. Check the tanks' dispersion values and put equipment to help with it.

6- Can't debunk much here... but, do you have sixth sense on those tanks? is the opponent who killed you in the same clan as a player on ur team? Is the player who killed you friends with a teammate of yours?

7- tanks are only spotted for 10 seconds. Is ur commander 100%? do you have optics and binocs? 

8- I play 4Shot autoloaders too. Most times, the accuracy is at fault. 3/4 always hits and the fourth into the sky or floor. Sometimes bounce a shot or tracks absorb a hit or two.

9- HE can do that by just splashing you, y'know. it can splash above yo tracks and do a lot to yo tracks. oh, and Hitboxes.

10- When you first buy a tank, the MM gives you a honeymoon period to fight make you top tier or top of the list. iirc it's likely for first match only. (is this evidence of skill based MM i see?)

that's all i could help. If my points aren't fulfilled, it's a bot.

You could get an extra 2 seconds with the Designated Target perk, and now equipment choices can also extend it. Think some builds were able to get it to nearly 18 seconds (?). 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users