Is [Edited] a banned word now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

RainAndSnow #1 Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:43 AM

Private

• 13559 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

[Content removed]

Disputing/discussing moderator decisions.  Content removed, user warned, thread locked.

If you have an issue with moderation then raise a ticket with Customer Support as per the Game Rules.  The forums are not the place to discuss violations.

~Wasaabi

Splattimus #2 Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:46 AM

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

• Beta-Tester
  • 26110 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
If its swearing in another language, and nobody understands it, it would count as random key mash and is fine. But someone complained, so they know... And you know... And apparently the moderator does as well, so yeah, it counts as bad language...

WARNING!!! THE ABOVE POST WILL CONTAIN SARCASM. My day job does not allow sarcasm, so its use may be obscure and liberal.

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

Ezz #3 Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:52 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's one of the oddities i've never worked out. But as splatt mentioned, apparently someone somewhere is offended by it, so it's a no no.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

RainAndSnow #4 Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:57 AM

Private

• 13559 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostSplattimus, on 26 March 2020 - 08:46 AM, said:

If its swearing in another language, and nobody understands it, it would count as random key mash and is fine. But someone complained, so they know... And you know... And apparently the moderator does as well, so yeah, it counts as bad language...

View PostEzz, on 26 March 2020 - 08:52 AM, said:

It's one of the oddities i've never worked out. But as splatt mentioned, apparently someone somewhere is offended by it, so it's a no no.

Funny thing is, I used it plenty during the battles. Even back in the days when global chats were available. Never ever got any problem or report or anything coz its that normal. And we all know how people use even worse language in the game.

I got banned coz of writing it on general chat in garage. Idk if there's a fancy new way to report comment on general chat, but if not the only one who got offended by that single word chat is a salty new kid, who thinks he's a king now after getting the post.

Ezz #5 Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:58 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The confusing thing is usually youtube content creators steer well clear of things that might get reported... yet blyat (edit it out mods if it is illegal on here too) is all over the place on lots of channels.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Splattimus #6 Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:04 AM

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

• Beta-Tester
  • 26110 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostEzz, on 26 March 2020 - 10:58 AM, said:

The confusing thing is usually youtube content creators steer well clear of things that might get reported... yet blyat (edit it out mods if it is illegal on here too) is all over the place on lots of channels.

It depends on the letter of the law. If its swearing in English thats moderated, because its an English sub, then swear in whatever other language you feel like.

If its "Offensive" language that isn't tolerated, then some fairly harmless words start to get included, because in context, they may be offensive. Including foreign swearing.

Youtube tends to have the same values as commercial television, which is fast and loose on letting most things through. However a game trying to keep a 13+ rating may not be so relaxed...

WARNING!!! THE ABOVE POST WILL CONTAIN SARCASM. My day job does not allow sarcasm, so its use may be obscure and liberal.

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

RainAndSnow #7 Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:08 AM

Private

• 13559 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
Then should I hold the other/previous mods accountable of letting me play since 2015 with vicious languages? Because its really bad that you missed to ban someone for this word who uses it on game regularly! For more than 13k battles!

Edited by RenamedUser_2008248802, 26 March 2020 - 09:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users