How to fix the trash that Ranked has devolved into

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #21 Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:25 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79240 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
I stopped the moment I got 9 coins last Sunday. Figured sometime in week 2 people would start complaining how the meta would be a cesspool not realizing they form the cesspool.

Type 4 Medium Tank Chi-To

azmania3000 #22 Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:26 PM

Captain

• 48231 battles
  • [BURN] BURN

What a rank battle?

Is it a competition to see who has the smelliest fart?

jerrek1 #23 Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:32 PM

Corporal

• 5053 battles

So what you are saying is that a person with 962 battles is so bad they should uninstall. Even the best players often start bad and should be given a chance. 

In any case regardless having those players in the que helps you progress. They are easier to beat out for the chevrons. Its not like TD's dominate the standings anyway. Its annoying when a camping TD gets a big hit on you but the liability of no armour or no turret makes those vehicles hard to play in ranked or any other mode.  Faster heavy tanks, arty and ebr's dominate. That match result above being a good showcase (430U is simply a fast heavy). 

I personally like the battle pass system. It rewards better play and takes away the randomness of the results (I get points about 90% of the time). If you play well you get points, you just get more if you win. If you have a loosing streak you don't have the annoyance of going backwards even if you are playing decent.

Then you could tie this up with a grading system which gives extra rewards for better average results. Gold silver bronze ranks etc.

But you sort of have to make it possible for anyone who puts the time in to get the tanks otherwise not enough players will play the mode. Then there will be no ranked and no reward tanks for anybody. This happened for one of the game modes last year I can't remember which one for asia.  

If a player beneath your dignity  happens to earn the tank. Who cares it does not affect you. 

For the  record I do not play ranked. When I see people streaming ranked it does not look like hey are having fun. It looks like playing for the sake of playing. I also do not have many tier 10 available preferring to develop many lines to tier 8 or 9 for extra variety whilst I improve my play. 

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #24 Posted 28 March 2020 - 07:16 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79240 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Random battle, but this is how to get top in XP in a JPE

Even if he lose, he will get Chevron. If the team is good and he gets no Chevron on a loss, he is not losing Chevron anyway.

I should try this kind of strat next season as long as WG still doesn't remove the Chevron system.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #25 Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:56 PM

Captain

• 45933 battles
my ranked battles so far (plays on hk) end as fast as in random battles.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Vindictus_Maximus #26 Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:05 PM

Sergeant

• 8594 battles

View Postjerrek1, on 27 March 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

So what you are saying is that a person with 962 battles is so bad they should uninstall.

I am not saying that player should uninstall. I am saying that tier10 tanks that allow weak noobs to prosper should be nerfed out of the game. That guy will no doubt gravitate to SPGs as well next.

There are a lot of guys out there, decent players, that are currently boycotting tier10 (and tier 9 because of tier 10 tanks) because of these low skill players that infest the high tiers sitting in thier TD/SPG's 

FramFramson #27 Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:30 AM

Major

• 47148 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 28 March 2020 - 06:16 AM, said:

Random battle, but this is how to get top in XP in a JPE

Even if he lose, he will get Chevron. If the team is good and he gets no Chevron on a loss, he is not losing Chevron anyway.

I should try this kind of strat next season as long as WG still doesn't remove the Chevron system.

That's a fairly standard fallback defensive play for north spawn on Mannerheim Line... not sure what's all that unusual?

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #28 Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:15 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 79240 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostFramFramson, on 29 March 2020 - 03:30 AM, said:

That's a fairly standard fallback defensive play for north spawn on Mannerheim Line... not sure what's all that unusual?

You're right, it's not all that unusual. Hence I find it weird that people are talking about ways to fix ranked battles when there is this elephant in the room screwing with the Chevron system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users