1.9 Common Test notes

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Rem223_ #1 Posted 27 March 2020 - 01:53 PM

Private

• 44044 battles
  • [-GSL-] -GSL-

I just noticed that you intend to give wheeled vehicles a turning buff!

It is bad enough that the current set up is so unrealistic that the wheeled vehicles can absorb more hits than a super heavy and keep going, whist shooting with pin point accuracy.

If anything they require a nerff. I don’t know whose idea it was to introduce OP wheeled vehicles, but they need to be fired. (Preferably out of a 152mm derp gun)

War Gaming obviously does not value their client base, who like myself will be taking their money else were in the future.

Movement Physics:

We improved the interaction between vehicles and some types of obstacles.

Wheeled vehicles can now turn at a sharper angle when driving in reverse upon releasing the "Forward" key and holding the "Right" or "Left" key. 

Edited by Rem223_, 27 March 2020 - 04:42 PM.

jerrek1 #2 Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:33 PM

Corporal

• 5053 battles

Where did you see that. The next year look ahead says they will be nerfed. Performance after loosing a wheel will be nerfed and maybe general mobility. 

Ezz #3 Posted 27 March 2020 - 03:50 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
T67 and luchs nerfed tho. So it's not all bad news.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Vindictus_Maximus #4 Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:09 PM

Sergeant

• 8594 battles

View PostRem223_, on 27 March 2020 - 01:53 PM, said:

If anything they require a nerff. I don’t know whose idea it was to introduce OP wheeled vehicles, but they need to be fired. (Preferably out of a 152mm derp gun)

You personal performance in wheeled vehicles is very bad, which kinda proves they are not OP

Its more like: You are no good at wheeled tanks, jealous of those that are.

The only people that complain about the wheeled tanks being OP are players that have never played them, or suck at them if they do.

Ezz #5 Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:16 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
No, they are shit for the game. Most good players feel that way too.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

mttspiii #6 Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:47 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 32703 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostEzz, on 27 March 2020 - 03:50 PM, said:

T67 and luchs nerfed tho. So it's not all bad news.

You have a TL;DR for 1.9 CT notes? All tanks tier 7 downward got changed, but the summary seems to be:

tier 9-7: more ammo (for some tanks)

tier 6 and below: more ammo, more HP (for comparison, TOG II* now has 1560HP, more than any tier 7 lol)

Tank-specific thoughts:

T54E1 rebalance: top speed from 43kph to 35kph, less traverse speed, but gets 29% better turret bloom, penetration from 210/255 to 248/310, and HP buff from 1750 to 1850

Patton, Pershing: ammo capacity buff for 76mm and derp 105mm

T67 nerf: hp/ton from 31.1 to 25.7, more hull dispersion, aim time from 1.7s to 1.9s, reverse speed from 20 to 17

E 50 gets 10 more ammo with the stock 75mm (because it's exactly what E 50 needs to be competitive in the current meta)

SU-76M, KV-1S buff since they're uptiered with dispersion, bloom, aimtime buffs...

SU-85B buff: engine from tier III to IV, no idea if that increases engine hitpoints

St. Emil gets a stupid buff where its stock 300hp engine gets buffed to 350hp, while its elite engine stays at 310hp; doesn't get more ammo.

ELC AMX now has 490HP, letting it survive a 105mm derp. Expect ELC to become somewhat popular again.

Bathtub nerf: lost the 105mm alphastic gun, 90mm aimtime nerf from 2.3s to 2.7s

Chi-Nu (tier 5 JP MT) engine buff for HP/ton from 15.7 to 17.7

Chi-He (tier 4 JP MT) engine buff for HP/ton from 14.2 to 15.9

Chi-Ha (tier 3 JP MT) engine buff for HP/ton from 15.3 to 17.2

!!! list is incomplete coz I lazy

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

jerrek1 #7 Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:10 AM

Corporal

• 5053 battles

Those ebr buffs sound pretty minor.

The first may not be a buff just an improvement in the physics. 

The second is just for low speed manoeuvring  when doing small radius turns at slow speed which is not the issue with the EBR being a bit OP.

And there still supposed to get some small nerf this next year. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Going from 90 to 80 km/hr does not seem much of a problem when you loose a wheel compared to de tracking on other vehicles.

FramFramson #8 Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:20 AM

Major

• 47148 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Luchs is getting a dispersion nerf (12% on turret traverse or movement, forget which) and 25% more after firing a shot. BUT it's also getting a 14% reduction in interclip time.

Just means it's a little less good at the double-tap distance sniping (where you wait for the gun to fully aim each time) and arguably better as close-range assassinations.

It does get an indirect nerf due to the HP changes (less able to clip out something), but that's being applied to every tank below T8, including the Luchs.

Overall I can live with this just fine. Damage, pen, reload, speed, PtW, mobility, and everything else are all unchanged.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

FramFramson #9 Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:21 AM

Major

• 47148 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

T67's getting absolutely [edited].

Good. [edited] finally.

FramFramson #10 Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:25 AM

Major

• 47148 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

T69 is getting *literally nothing*, so that's pretty shit. 

T54E1 seems like a huge nerf to me. The increase in pen and gun handling does not seem worth all the losses in camo, mobility, and everything else (or, at minimum it's a wash for a tank that was hardly meta before). And I JUST got the damn tank. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Goddammit. I really wanted a T9 autoloader medium that wasn't the Baby Bat. Had everything set up to get a MT crew in the T54E1 and a HT crew in the T57. Now, with the E5 buff coming, my US HT crew are going to back their original destination, which was going to be the E5, before I switched to grinding the T57 lineup, since I'm not sure I'll be bothered to grind the T57 now (will get it with blueprints eventually, I guess, but that will take a while). Maybe it will play okay as a mini T57... but eh. E5 buff looks like they're going to make it into basically a TX version of the Renegade, which actually seems great.

I guess there's always the Skoda for a T9 clipper med, but I have so many highly-trained American crews and I wanted to do SOMETHING with them. If they'd have buffed the T69 at least I could leave the crew there.

Edited by FramFramson, 28 March 2020 - 09:31 AM.

Ezz #11 Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:03 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
One word of caution on the luchs inter clip. Their translations can sometimes be backwards. Eg they have said increase in reload when they mean increase in rof. Guess wait until sometime tests it.

FramFramson #12 Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:17 AM

Major

• 47148 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Eh, even if that's true I feel like Luchs still be just fine.

Ezz #13 Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:30 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The after firing could be an issue. It's going to make clipping even at close range a bit dicey. Plus with extra hp around early clipping opportunities that will impact the battle will be less frequent.

mttspiii #14 Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:30 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 32703 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostFramFramson, on 28 March 2020 - 09:21 AM, said:

T67's getting absolutely [edited].

Good. [edited] finally.

I don't see how its main traits - camo, vision, accuracy - are affected. Only thing that's hit is if T67 is played like a hulldowner because reverse speed and aimtime nerf, but a double-bushed T67 will still farm tier 5.

That said, we're just lucky WG finally noticed the T67 is OP. Must've farmed too many KV-1 and T-34 I guess...

View PostFramFramson, on 28 March 2020 - 09:25 AM, said:

T69 is getting *literally nothing*, so that's pretty shit. 

T54E1 seems like a huge nerf to me. The increase in pen and gun handling does not seem worth all the losses in camo, mobility, and everything else (or, at minimum it's a wash for a tank that was hardly meta before). And I JUST got the damn tank. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Goddammit. I really wanted a T9 autoloader medium that wasn't the Baby Bat. Had everything set up to get a MT crew in the T54E1 and a HT crew in the T57. Now, with the E5 buff coming, my US HT crew are going to back their original destination, which was going to be the E5, before I switched to grinding the T57 lineup, since I'm not sure I'll be bothered to grind the T57 now (will get it with blueprints eventually, I guess, but that will take a while). Maybe it will play okay as a mini T57... but eh. E5 buff looks like they're going to make it into basically a TX version of the Renegade, which actually seems great.

I guess there's always the Skoda for a T9 clipper med, but I have so many highly-trained American crews and I wanted to do SOMETHING with them. If they'd have buffed the T69 at least I could leave the crew there.

Grinding the T54E1 myself, and all I could say is that camo and mobility ain't its forte in the first place. Its role as HT support clipper is also kinda unique, since we already have 2 camobility clippers (Std B, Skoda), and a heavium clipper (50 120). Closest to T54E1 / T57's role is a Foch forced to brawl and it sucks as one.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

FramFramson #15 Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:32 PM

Major

• 47148 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 27 March 2020 - 09:30 PM, said:

The after firing could be an issue. It's going to make clipping even at close range a bit dicey. Plus with extra hp around early clipping opportunities that will impact the battle will be less frequent.

I think that that just means you have to play it like a slightly higher tier clipper, in that you have to be a bit more patient, but every lower tier tank is in the same boat as far as diminished kill capacity goes.

Ezz #16 Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:41 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
But but ... Deleting low tiers is fun!

FramFramson #17 Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:41 PM

Major

• 47148 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postmttspiii, on 27 March 2020 - 11:30 PM, said:

I don't see how its main traits - camo, vision, accuracy - are affected. Only thing that's hit is if T67 is played like a hulldowner because reverse speed and aimtime nerf, but a double-bushed T67 will still farm tier 5.

That said, we're just lucky WG finally noticed the T67 is OP. Must've farmed too many KV-1 and T-34 I guess...

Grinding the T54E1 myself, and all I could say is that camo and mobility ain't its forte in the first place. Its role as HT support clipper is also kinda unique, since we already have 2 camobility clippers (Std B, Skoda), and a heavium clipper (50 120). Closest to T54E1 / T57's role is a Foch forced to brawl and it sucks as one.

Okay maybe camo doesn't matter much, but 36 kph though... damn, that's pitiful. Almost German super-heavy rates of speed.

FramFramson #18 Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:42 PM

Major

• 47148 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Like how is it supposed to support heavies when it's going to be a good deal slower than most T9-TX HTs?

Ezz #19 Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:42 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 71144 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Does it need to be slower? I don't recall it being all that mobile to begin with. I mean the t10 exists after all.

FramFramson #20 Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:10 PM

Major

• 47148 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 28 March 2020 - 02:42 AM, said:

Does it need to be slower? I don't recall it being all that mobile to begin with. I mean the t10 exists after all.

I have no idea why WG thinks it needs a nearly 20% cut in speed. #WGthings

Maybe they expect people to snipe with it now :child:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users