Jump to content


Twitch no longer worth it?


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

FramFramson #1 Posted 11 April 2020 - 03:40 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 48547 battles
  • 3,601
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015

The last two months have featured garbage loot; some decals and crap, mediocre missions certainly not worth the price.

 

The only reason I still have it is the King Tiger which I enjoy a lot, but if this keeps up, I can't really justify paying $9 a month just to rent a T7 premium tank.

 

Thoughts?


LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


Centurion_MK64 #2 Posted 11 April 2020 - 04:53 AM

    Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

  • Senior Moderator
  • 31600 battles
  • 3,658
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012
I had twitch prime before the rewards started so its just a bonus for me, but I agree the last few months have been a case of "oh what will we do now? Lets give them some pictures and stuff" wouldnt be so bad if we could actually sell them for credits.
 
I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support
 
I have sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands

stewiejp #3 Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:08 AM

    #GetOnBoard

  • Community Contributor
  • 46275 battles
  • 1,717
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013

I tend to agree - IF WoT is the only thing you get out of it - the deals seem to be lacking of late, though players who are newer to the game (maybe?) may see it differently.

 

Having said that I still think Amazon Prime is excellent value should you utilise the other benefits which are included. In this household we use Amazon Prime TV via the TV/PS3 and tablets - though it has less depth and variety some of the other pay TV services have the cost is a lot less, and we find there is more than enough for us to watch. Free and discounted ebooks on the Kindle and of course Twitch. I *think* there may be other offers via Amazon shopping but we have not really looked into that yet. 

(disclaimer - yes, I make some $ out of Twitch Prime subscriptions, but my view is from the point of view of what we utilise in this house hold, which for $10 ish per month I think is pretty good value).


  #GetOnBoard Studios  -Where the magic happens GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

 

                                                                                            


NameWasStolenStresslevel #4 Posted 11 April 2020 - 09:40 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 47309 battles
  • 1,247
  • Member since:
    01-19-2015

You could try saving 9 dollar a month that you use to rent that slow "german armor" tier 7 HT. If you dont pay for that service for 5 months you can buy a nice bundle with everything inside plus the tiger C. 


Having META problems?

 #Hashtag break the META

     (HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

             https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

         Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)


Ezz #5 Posted 11 April 2020 - 09:44 AM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 71794 battles
  • 36,578
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012
Not sure if anyone tested, but if you stop your membership for a month, then restart it later, do you get the ktc back?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


FramFramson #6 Posted 11 April 2020 - 10:44 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 48547 battles
  • 3,601
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015

View PostEzz, on 10 April 2020 - 08:44 PM, said:

Not sure if anyone tested, but if you stop your membership for a month, then restart it later, do you get the ktc back?

 

Yes. Last year I picked it up on the couple occasions I was using Prime for other things, so it was dual use (as Stewie mentioned). So I was on and off a couple times last year.

 

Been on continuously since January, because I want the KT(c) and we thought the program was ending and no one knew then if you needed to be a member at program end to get it.

 

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 10 April 2020 - 08:40 PM, said:

You could try saving 9 dollar a month that you use to rent that slow "german armor" tier 7 HT. If you dont pay for that service for 5 months you can buy a nice bundle with everything inside plus the tiger C. 

 

First off the KT(c) is a great tank; can be a monster when top tier. Play it and you'll see.

 

Second, Twitch is the ONLY way to get it. If I could just spend whatever and get it like any other Prem, I would have done so already.

 


Edited by FramFramson, 11 April 2020 - 10:46 AM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


_Sp4rtacus_ #7 Posted 11 April 2020 - 11:25 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11345 battles
  • 133
  • Member since:
    06-15-2017

View PostFramFramson, on 11 April 2020 - 04:40 AM, said:

The last two months have featured garbage loot; some decals and crap, mediocre missions certainly not worth the price.

 

The only reason I still have it is the King Tiger which I enjoy a lot, but if this keeps up, I can't really justify paying $9 a month just to rent a T7 premium tank.

 

Thoughts?

Im of the same thoughts as prime as a media platform is garbage , old movies , the Jack Ryan series imo was good and the only decent thing on Prime , the last 2 months have been crap , who want crappy useless decals ? I looked forward to the rentals AND a commander , it seems a commander has been dropped , i will give it another couple of months , but if it continues as is i'll drop it .



azls73 #8 Posted 11 April 2020 - 04:24 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 37343 battles
  • 483
  • Member since:
    06-07-2012

why not you be smart save your money

research it one by one like we all had done it !!!!

 



jerrek1 #9 Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:43 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 5701 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    12-11-2018

I only paid 60$ aus for a year which is 5$ Aus per month. Aside from the prime benefits of the tv service (which I use a bit), free postage items, music streaming (which I don't use because they don't have a xbox app), kindle book rental (which I use a bit). 

From a tanks perspective you get the 2 rentals plus the kingtiger. Its a shame they don't have the camo's or commander anymore (which I spent a little gold on to get good skills) you also get a twitch prime sub which I use to support my fav streamer. That last alone would cost at least 5$ a month I think. 

 

Noting that its not a twitch thing but a amazon thing a get great value from my 5$ a month. 



NameWasStolenStresslevel #10 Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:06 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 47309 battles
  • 1,247
  • Member since:
    01-19-2015

View PostFramFramson, on 11 April 2020 - 11:44 AM, said:

First off the KT(c) is a great tank; can be a monster when top tier. Play it and you'll see.

Second, Twitch is the ONLY way to get it. If I could just spend whatever and get it like any other Prem, I would have done so already.

 

You have Fair points, and I didnt know those things you stated. But just last month i sold my HT. VI which looks like  a tiger family tank whenever i looked at it. I sold it for being too slow and shell velocity of standard shell seemed like the game was lagging whenever i fire into enemy. Also felt a bit sorry but trade off my T34 tier 8 heavy to get the ELC even for 500 gold. I trade it off because it was too slow and constantly rekt by arty and also because i got the renegade from marathon so no reason to keep the another tier 8 american prem HT.  

 

The tiger C for me seemed a bit like a low DPM medium tank gun monted on a slow tier 8 chassis.

 

Note that i still own/plan to play slow tanks, but the ones i kept either have real armor, or have a big gun. I am sorry but i have a 703II just sitting in the garage for being too slow and i didnt even test it out on frontlines. So before i play the Tiger C i would have to play all my slow tanks, my top priority is to play the prototype t28 - my favorite slow tank ever. Then i would have to play all my other TDs, HTs, only in a distant future would be playing the tiger c.... So yeah actually seems quite unlikely i will ever play it.


Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 11 April 2020 - 06:20 PM.

Having META problems?

 #Hashtag break the META

     (HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

             https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

         Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)


MagicalFlyingFox #11 Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:52 PM

    Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

  • Beta-Tester
  • 34868 battles
  • 13,725
  • [B4B0] B4B0
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

Twitch also gets you those x5s that make grinding a cakewalk. 

 

But I use Amazon prime for the streaming service and occasionally buy things so it ends up being worth it for me. 


http://www.theuselessweb.com/

 A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.


FramFramson #12 Posted 12 April 2020 - 03:07 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 48547 battles
  • 3,601
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 11 April 2020 - 05:06 AM, said:

 

You have Fair points, and I didnt know those things you stated. But just last month i sold my HT. VI which looks like  a tiger family tank whenever i looked at it. I sold it for being too slow and shell velocity of standard shell seemed like the game was lagging whenever i fire into enemy. Also felt a bit sorry but trade off my T34 tier 8 heavy to get the ELC even for 500 gold. I trade it off because it was too slow and constantly rekt by arty and also because i got the renegade from marathon so no reason to keep the another tier 8 american prem HT.  

 

The tiger C for me seemed a bit like a low DPM medium tank gun monted on a slow tier 8 chassis.

 

Note that i still own/plan to play slow tanks, but the ones i kept either have real armor, or have a big gun. I am sorry but i have a 703II just sitting in the garage for being too slow and i didnt even test it out on frontlines. So before i play the Tiger C i would have to play all my slow tanks, my top priority is to play the prototype t28 - my favorite slow tank ever. Then i would have to play all my other TDs, HTs, only in a distant future would be playing the tiger c.... So yeah actually seems quite unlikely i will ever play it.

 

Just a note: It SEEMS like the KTc has a MT gun because this game tends to upgun the hell out of everything vs real life.


LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


jerrek1 #13 Posted 12 April 2020 - 05:29 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 5701 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    12-11-2018

Yea the KTC had the actual gun its meant to have rather than WG giving the tiger 2 a slightly better gun and putting it in a tier that the armour no longer works as they do for most german vehicles. 

 

At tier 7 the armour seems perfectly balanced I actually have a slightly better armour bounce ratio then on my T29. The hull is better and you can bait people better because the angles on the side of the turret and top of the turret (if they go for your cupola) auto bounce a lot. The hull is better and if you can angle and hide your lower plate a bit the upper plate bounces a lot of tier 6 and 7 vehicles. The one caveat is Russian heavies which should autopen the turret top and sides with their 122mm guns because well its Russian and it has to have better rules.  Obviously if you don't like slow tanks then a heavy is no good for you. 

The gun can struggle against tier 8 heavies so when in tier 8 you have to become an opportunistic heavy or go the medium flank. But a heavy that cannot perform well when with higher tiers is nothing unusual. 



Bash_sh #14 Posted 12 April 2020 - 07:26 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 28660 battles
  • 968
  • Member since:
    05-25-2013

Netflix and Plex (and everything else thats needed for the content :B ) why would i subscribe to any other media streaming providers just to get a tank ?

 

anybody give me a VERY compelling reason !

 

if WG gave me a OP tank AND monthly prem time, i might, and that's is a big might .. subscribe .. until then, naa



Ezz #15 Posted 12 April 2020 - 08:00 AM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 71794 battles
  • 36,578
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012
Jack Ryan is pretty good apparently. Not sure it's 10 bucks a month good, but it's there at least. And the ktc is pretty op imo. As to the prem I'm a little surprised they didn't up it to 3 days when they reduced the other bits you get.

Edited by Ezz, 12 April 2020 - 08:02 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


stewiejp #16 Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:15 AM

    #GetOnBoard

  • Community Contributor
  • 46275 battles
  • 1,717
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013
I would have the same view as bash if I was already paying for other pay per view services. The compelling reason I keep Prime TV is the fact it is cheap compared to similar services, NOT just for the tank stuff. I see the tank stuff as a bonus. 

  #GetOnBoard Studios  -Where the magic happens GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

 

                                                                                            


Plutonious #17 Posted 12 April 2020 - 05:10 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 13175 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    02-04-2018
It's a complete rip off now. Where are the commanders? Good missions? 

_Sp4rtacus_ #18 Posted 12 April 2020 - 06:12 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11345 battles
  • 133
  • Member since:
    06-15-2017
Jack Ryan season 1 & 2 were both good , but it was the only thing on prime worth watching . 

Plutonious #19 Posted 13 April 2020 - 09:00 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 13175 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    02-04-2018

View Post_Sp4rtacus_, on 12 April 2020 - 06:12 PM, said:

Jack Ryan season 1 & 2 were both good , but it was the only thing on prime worth watching . 

 

Bosch is by far the best thing on PrimeTV, it's an order of magnitude better than Jack Ryan (season 2 of Ryan was nothing short of a disaster).



mttspiii #20 Posted 13 April 2020 - 09:59 AM

    Major

  • Beta-Tester
  • 33079 battles
  • 17,148
  • [PVP] PVP
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View Post_Sp4rtacus_, on 12 April 2020 - 06:12 PM, said:

Jack Ryan season 1 & 2 were both good , but it was the only thing on prime worth watching . 

 

The Grand Tour too...but it's been delayed as of late.

 

Also, I just realized yesterday that Twitch Prime is Amazon Prime, and I haven't linked them because I didn't know. Do I get the rewards backdated or not?


I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users