MM Matchmaker

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Ashiq_1000 #1 Posted 18 April 2020 - 12:14 AM

Private

• 504 battles
  • [CSK] CSK

hello everyone,

ive noticed that the matchmaker in the Asai server is  a +/- 1 tier. unlike the one in Eu where it is +/-2 tier.

For example I get to see only tier VIIs and tier VIs in mt tier 7 tanks no Tier IXs or tier Vs.

Is this matchmaker  specific for Asia ? or will they shift it over to Europe later on?

Ezz #2 Posted 18 April 2020 - 06:59 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72376 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Keep playing and you'll see some 3 tier battles. They are less frequent tho.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Bushvanker #3 Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:17 AM

Corporal

• 6521 battles
Though with our small numbers I find that many times its a Game Maker not a Match Maker, simply putting whatever tanks are available in a game without any thought of matchup.

HuntingPanther2 #4 Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:11 PM

Private

• 6884 battles

Sent this to Support and got usual scripted reply.

"Hi can you tell how your matchmaker is NOT rigged?

I have done a sample of over 500 games and currently by player WN8 stats I have been put on the worse team over 95% of the time.

If it was truly random this would balance out somewhat over this many games.

I call absolute [edited]on the line you say regarding how the matchmaker works. I have suspected some funny games going on here and now the stats actually prove it.

Stop lying and tell the player base that the game is rigged."

So there you have it. I worked out if as a player that normally finishes top 5 in the team, that I can only affect the outcome 7% of the time. 93% of the time the result is what was predicted by the stats from xvm. A better player than me could affect more wins from a poor team and a worse player than me really has no affect on the game at all. I played 23 games tonight with me being on the better team once, I did manage to win 3 games though, two more than I was suppose to. Rigged, the game is rigged, no question about it.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #5 Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:49 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 80883 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

Out of every 100 games, 40 games are auto lose, 40 games are auto win, the last 20 are decided by you

If you win 7 out of those 20, then you get a winrate of 47%

pantsu-vor~

IMC_Jezza #6 Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:02 PM

First lieutenant

• 41724 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostHuntingPanther2, on 03 May 2020 - 09:11 PM, said:

I have done a sample of over 500 games and currently by player WN8 stats I have been put on the worse team over 95% of the time.

I call absolute [edited]on the line you say regarding how the matchmaker works. I have suspected some funny games going on here and now the stats actually prove it.

So there you have it. I worked out if as a player that normally finishes top 5 in the team, that I can only affect the outcome 7% of the time. 93% of the time the result is what was predicted by the stats from xvm. A better player than me could affect more wins from a poor team and a worse player than me really has no affect on the game at all. I played 23 games tonight with me being on the better team once, I did manage to win 3 games though, two more than I was suppose to. Rigged, the game is rigged, no question about it.

Oh Dear......!:ohmy:

Here we go.......

Snowflake?

Princess?

"Personally I use my anonymizer to hide my shame at being unable to kill every clan I join despite my best attempts."

NZ_Tanker #7 Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:45 PM

Corporal

• 6392 battles
  • [-VVV-] -VVV-

play on aussie sever tier 8 vs tier 9 i can handle that but when its 9 and 10 and ur tier 8 trying not to use apcr or heat then you might as well be throwing stones against steel. 

i seen my ammo bounces off spg and you just want rage. 

Puggsley #8 Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:38 AM

Major

• 74767 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS
Sorry OP, but you are a worse than average player, so it is not surprising that you are 

View PostHuntingPanther2, on 03 May 2020 - 10:11 PM, said:

Sorry but you are a slightly worse than average player in terms of WR. And you are relatively new player with less trained crews than average (I stongly suspect).

Because over the long run everyone gets the same teammates, the difference in your WR performance is due to you. As you get better and learn the mechanics, get better crews, then your WR will lift until you are on the better side more often. 

Over a large enough sample it is not surprising at all that you are on the worse side more often. What would be stunning is if you were on the better side more often, or even half the time. It would need some serious rigging to get poorer players preferentially put with better players to "even it out".

In the short term, anything is possible, you can have large winning and losing streaks.

Generally as you go up tiers the competition becomes more harsh. Better players play in higher tiers, with tanks they prefer (often better overall tanks) and well trained crews. the vast majority of people have lower WR as they progress up tiers. 

Turn off XVM and focus on your game. There are so many issues with it that the percent chance to win is very misleading.

IMC_Jezza #9 Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:35 PM

First lieutenant

• 41724 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostPuggsley, on 04 May 2020 - 11:38 AM, said:

Sorry OP, but you are a worse than average player, so it is not surprising that you are 

Sorry but you are a slightly worse than average player in terms of WR. And you are relatively new player with less trained crews than average (I stongly suspect).

Because over the long run everyone gets the same teammates, the difference in your WR performance is due to you. As you get better and learn the mechanics, get better crews, then your WR will lift until you are on the better side more often. 

Over a large enough sample it is not surprising at all that you are on the worse side more often. What would be stunning is if you were on the better side more often, or even half the time. It would need some serious rigging to get poorer players preferentially put with better players to "even it out".

In the short term, anything is possible, you can have large winning and losing streaks.

Generally as you go up tiers the competition becomes more harsh. Better players play in higher tiers, with tanks they prefer (often better overall tanks) and well trained crews. the vast majority of people have lower WR as they progress up tiers. 

Turn off XVM and focus on your game. There are so many issues with it that the percent chance to win is very misleading.

^^ This @"HuntingPanther2"

Along with Aoyoma blue Loo.....

The 95% of your "bad team loss" is partially due to your effect on the game.....

And it isn't 95% of the teams fault, you are either part of the solution, or a damage soak in the loss.........Trust me as a scrubby half pissed idiot, - you will learn when either you help for the win, are part of an epic loss, or can actually be the player that makes the difference to the result, and help to carry a glorious victory!

You have to not only work with the team you have been given, but even in a loss, work out how to maximize your effectiveness.........  Even the best players lose 30-40% of their battles, and by [edited], it's usually their fault! :trollface: Be part of the learning brigade, not the tin-foil hatters that blame the imaginary algorithms bro!

Best of luck with your tanking!

Snowflake?

Princess?

"Personally I use my anonymizer to hide my shame at being unable to kill every clan I join despite my best attempts."

NameWasStolenStresslevel #10 Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:00 AM

Captain

• 47666 battles

Exactly like the people are saying above @HuntingPanther2! But HuntingPanther2 said that he uses XVM to demoralize analize his chance of winning, in which he also said that he has done a sample of 500 battles that he played in which he was always with bad teamates compared to enemy team. Now i suggest HuntingPanther2 to imagine if in these 500 battles played that he analized, his teamates were ALSO with XVM installed and they were ALSO affected by looking those XVM numbers and thinking "why i have so many bad teammates on my team and the enemy dont" - they were also looking at your numbers and saying "why this guy is on my team again"...

so who are they suppose to blame??? Blame themselves? Or blame you?? Following your logic @HuntingPanther2 they should be blaming you not themselves. Correct logic right? If this logic is not correct this is not my fault, its a logic presented by you here.

Plus i do not recommend using XVM, its only a distractive element for the battle and does not necessarily provide any relevant information that matters to win a game, unless you are arty player and wanna use XVM for ilusional purposes, then XVM have no real uses to win games and remove it and you will feel that now you can focus in so many other aspects of the battle.

Everybody here knows what a lose streak is, but sometimes you end up losign so much that you are at the risk of not being able to differentiate a temporary lose streak from a temporary series of mistakes that you are unable to identify and correct, and you lack self judgment because you get angry and look for things to blame, then if you have XVM installed things will be much worse, because now you feel compelled to find something to blame, but not blame yourself, which is a human adaptative behavior. And then the losses tend to become a normal thing if you dont correct the mindset. Its something "along these lines".

Sorry cant explain better but thx for reading. The guys above me explains better so read it carefully. Good luck.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 05 May 2020 - 12:15 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

BadAtLightTanks #11 Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:36 AM

Corporal

• 9602 battles

View PostHuntingPanther2, on 03 May 2020 - 08:11 PM, said:

Even if the game is rigged (which I personally believed it to be the case), it is rigged for everyone so that already sort of balanced everything out.

BadAtLightTanks #12 Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:41 AM

Corporal

• 9602 battles

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 05 May 2020 - 12:00 AM, said:

Exactly like the people are saying above @HuntingPanther2! But HuntingPanther2 said that he uses XVM to demoralize analize his chance of winning, in which he also said that he has done a sample of 500 battles that he played in which he was always with bad teamates compared to enemy team. Now i suggest HuntingPanther2 to imagine if in these 500 battles played that he analized, his teamates were ALSO with XVM installed and they were ALSO affected by looking those XVM numbers and thinking "why i have so many bad teammates on my team and the enemy dont" - they were also looking at your numbers and saying "why this guy is on my team again"...

so who are they suppose to blame??? Blame themselves? Or blame you?? Following your logic @HuntingPanther2 they should be blaming you not themselves. Correct logic right? If this logic is not correct this is not my fault, its a logic presented by you here.

Plus i do not recommend using XVM, its only a distractive element for the battle and does not necessarily provide any relevant information that matters to win a game, unless you are arty player and wanna use XVM for ilusional purposes, then XVM have no real uses to win games and remove it and you will feel that now you can focus in so many other aspects of the battle.

Everybody here knows what a lose streak is, but sometimes you end up losign so much that you are at the risk of not being able to differentiate a temporary lose streak from a temporary series of mistakes that you are unable to identify and correct, and you lack self judgment because you get angry and look for things to blame, then if you have XVM installed things will be much worse, because now you feel compelled to find something to blame, but not blame yourself, which is a human adaptative behavior. And then the losses tend to become a normal thing if you dont correct the mindset. Its something "along these lines".

Sorry cant explain better but thx for reading. The guys above me explains better so read it carefully. Good luck.

I don't use XVM but my platoon mates use them and it is helpful in the sense that they will warn me in advance who are the good enemy players that I have to pay special attention and to take the appropriate precautions. But XVM is so freaking accurate that it really does demoralize those of us who have it at the start of the battle.

FramFramson #13 Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:58 AM

Major

• 48789 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

I'm liking the Battle Pass numbers right now. Good proxy for XVM targeting without the XVM, so long as you remember that plenty of players aren't bothering with the badge, meaning there still might be other good players lurking in the team lists and a larger number of high BP players is not a reliable indicator of a better team.

It will get less accurate as the month goes on and worse players grind up to 50+ elite stages, but for now it sure helps give you some modest direction without all the demoralizing garbage you get with XVM. Much more balanced, in a way.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Ezz #14 Posted 05 May 2020 - 07:52 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 72376 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Isn't bp just how much you play/bot?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CaptainNoch_01 #15 Posted 05 May 2020 - 08:20 AM

Sergeant

• 23109 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

If you use XVM for the sole purpose of seeing if your team is trash or not, you might as well uninstall the mod because it will do you more harm than good.

I use XVM and I use it to gauge if I should play seriously or for fun. If I find myself in a team with players of good stats relative to that of the enemy team, I would usually put an extra effort to ensure that the victory is secured. It is possible for a team of blue/purple players to lose to a team of orange and yellow players because we must acknowledge one thing.

Blue/purple players often play for themselves. I'll say that and I won't retract that statement. They will find a good bush or farming location and if things go south, they become essentially useless. Compare that to orange/yellow players who are actually more than likely to play as a group and take up key positions. And let's not forget those players who make weird plays that ultimately catch good players by surprise and win the game. 

And if I see that my team's chances are slim, I decide that perhaps, I should play for fun, sit back and try to farm whatever I can from that match. Like they say, you win some, you lose some. You can't expect matchmaker to give you 100% wins all the time. And there are instances where I end up winning such cases because by not expecting much, I am actually calm and composed which allows me to make better judgements and if we factor in what I said earlier, you'll be surprised that a team of light green players can subdue a bunch of darker green, some blue and a platoon of unicums in another flank. In those cases, I take advantage of that unforseeable circumstance and quickly start cleaning up my flank to support the other flank and secure the victory. 

But the point I want to bring across is that we should really know when to win and when to lose, and accept the outcome. We all have our fair share of lose streaks and being tilt about it is understandable, every one gets tilted! If you're just going to complain about some algorithm then clearly, you're not enjoying the game. You're just playing to win, not to play tanks, which is ironically the focus of the game. Wargaming didn't market World Of Tanks as a game where the algorithm gives you 100% wins anyway. 

I play because I enjoy tanks. Sure, winning feels good and losing feels bad but at the end of the day, I still feel good playing whatever tank I played, even if it was a lose streak session. It's for that reason that while my P44 Pantera suffered a terrible lose streak and have 45% WR with 158 battles, I still enjoy playing it. So much so that I want to play it again during my free time, lol!

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

FramFramson #16 Posted 05 May 2020 - 08:47 AM

Major

• 48789 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
Yes, and I've seen a few high-point BP's that are clearly just idiots spamming battle all day, but CURRENTLY, a high BP number seems to generally indicate someone who's better at getting 7's in wins and 5's in losses (or at least avoiding falling in the bottom 5 very often).

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #17 Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:09 AM

Captain

• 47666 battles

If the blue/purple player who "plays for himselfhave better win rate than the yellow/orange player who "actually go and try to play as a group", does that means that "playing as a group" is useless??? Why the win rate discrepancy then??? Of course this is a sarcastic question. 

From my experience, there are three types of players, those who have no idea how to play hence bad stats, those who are average like myself, and those who have stellar stats because they know how to use their hitpoints and their gun appropriatly and never platoon to pad winrate. Truth unicums are solo hunters. Unless u platoon for fun (for example a T49 derp platoon or a Type 5 platoon of unicums is a play for fun platoon).

so:

-bad player

-average player

-good player

Which one of the above is "more selfish and play for himself" and which one of them helps the team to win more???

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 05 May 2020 - 10:39 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

jerrek1 #18 Posted 05 May 2020 - 10:12 AM

Corporal

• 5814 battles

On the actual topic rather than normal I always get on the wrong team whinge.

Yes asia has different MM. It started about the same time I started playing late 2018. You are more likely to be -2 tiers if you play 8. On the anz server tier 8 is very likely to be -2 tier probably due to lack of tier 10 players. 

For all other tiers on asia +-2 does happen but is really 1 in 1000 or hundreds. 

Why asia can be +-1 whilst being the smallest server is very strange. They did reduce +-2 on the other servers but they still have it often enough to be noticeable if you watch streamers. Clearly the other servers could do it but somebody in WG must think its a great idea.

Edited by jerrek1, 05 May 2020 - 10:12 AM.

Ezz #19 Posted 05 May 2020 - 11:49 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 72376 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

It is ironic that the so called selfish stat padders win considerably more than those that claim to play for the team players.

As to the mm, there was a time when we were trialing a different mm to other servers but I was under the impression that that tweak was then subsequently deployed onto other servers.

Edited by Ezz, 05 May 2020 - 12:36 PM.

MagicalFlyingFox #20 Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:31 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 34951 battles
  • [B4B0] B4B0
Did you know that if you are below average, on average your team will be worse than the enemy team? 

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users