Matchmaker doubts

MM Matchmaker

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

jerrek1 #21 Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:50 PM

Corporal

• 5814 battles

"As to the mm, there was a time when we were trialing a different mm to other servers but I was under the impression that that tweak was then subsequently deployed onto other servers."

I would say watching streamers from NA and EU that there mm was changed but its not the same as ours on asia (not anz). They still get heaps of +-2 and not just tier 8. They have more different lines ups then before like 4-11 or whatever, but that seems to be the extent of their changes. 

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #22 Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:51 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 80883 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS
Are they top tier in those +-2 games?

pantsu-vor~

Ezz #23 Posted 05 May 2020 - 02:06 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72389 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Blueys subtle tm has been winning battles of late.

Honestly tho, without any data from the servers it's going to be hard to tell one way or the other.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CaptainNoch_01 #24 Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:02 PM

Sergeant

• 23109 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 05 May 2020 - 09:09 AM, said:

If the blue/purple player who "plays for himselfhave better win rate than the yellow/orange player who "actually go and try to play as a group", does that means that "playing as a group" is useless??? Why the win rate discrepancy then??? Of course this is a sarcastic question. 

From my experience, there are three types of players, those who have no idea how to play hence bad stats, those who are average like myself, and those who have stellar stats because they know how to use their hitpoints and their gun appropriatly and never platoon to pad winrate. Truth unicums are solo hunters. Unless u platoon for fun (for example a T49 derp platoon or a Type 5 platoon of unicums is a play for fun platoon).

so:

-bad player

-average player

-good player

Which one of the above is "more selfish and play for himself" and which one of them helps the team to win more???

Truth unicums are solo hunters

Doesn't that just proves my point? In a team-based tanks, you say that these players are solo hunters. 

Sure, they have good stats because they know how to be effective. Sure, they may not platoon as much though I highly disagree that they don't platoon to pad since you see unicum platoons every now and then. And let's not forget that they mostly stick to meta tanks. A unicum with a Obj 279e is clearly not going to pad stats in that tank because it's meant to be fun... you know... practically denying everyone a weakspot to shoot at. 

And that's the thing. I've seen blues and purples throw games because they do something that just doesn't work out for that match. They tend to be aggressive at times, which is not at all bad, but bad players, even with trash stats, tend to do just something so bizarre that it catches even the best player by surprise. 

There's a reason people with good stats have good stats. They know how to capitalize on their team mates. They know how to conserve HP. Sure, maybe they know how to position and use their armor but let's not be politically correct, they know how to use their team mates as cover as well. 

I am not saying all blues and purples are like such. It's more of a generic statement saying that if you bring up XVM and looked at players' stats, that should be your expectation from a blue or purple player. If they end up being team players and not some bush farmer who use their team mates as baits essentially, then good for you. Likewise for average and poor players. You shouldn't underestimate them. They may have bad average stats but every one improves. XVM shows you the stats from the start, not the recents. A light green player could easily be hitting dark green and light blue recents and you don't know that! 

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

NameWasStolenStresslevel #25 Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:17 PM

Captain

• 47666 battles

View PostCaptainNoch_01, on 05 May 2020 - 04:02 PM, said:

Truth unicums are solo hunters

Doesn't that just proves my point? In a team-based tanks, you say that these players are solo hunters. 

Sure, they have good stats because they know how to be effective. Sure, they may not platoon as much though I highly disagree that they don't platoon to pad since you see unicum platoons every now and then. And let's not forget that they mostly stick to meta tanks. A unicum with a Obj 279e is clearly not going to pad stats in that tank because it's meant to be fun... you know... practically denying everyone a weakspot to shoot at. 

And that's the thing. I've seen blues and purples throw games because they do something that just doesn't work out for that match. They tend to be aggressive at times, which is not at all bad, but bad players, even with trash stats, tend to do just something so bizarre that it catches even the best player by surprise. 

There's a reason people with good stats have good stats. They know how to capitalize on their team mates. They know how to conserve HP. Sure, maybe they know how to position and use their armor but let's not be politically correct, they know how to use their team mates as cover as well. 

I am not saying all blues and purples are like such. It's more of a generic statement saying that if you bring up XVM and looked at players' stats, that should be your expectation from a blue or purple player. If they end up being team players and not some bush farmer who use their team mates as baits essentially, then good for you. Likewise for average and poor players. You shouldn't underestimate them. They may have bad average stats but every one improves. XVM shows you the stats from the start, not the recents. A light green player could easily be hitting dark green and light blue recents and you don't know that! 

I dont know about these "unicum know how to use team" and that "most unicums are just platoon padding wr" claims that you are making, its obviously a generalization. All i know about is RESULTS, DATA, NUMBERS - you can make assumptions and generalizations if you want, but sorry i have nothing to say about it because this conversation could go too far. Its actually easier for me to make generalizations since at least my opinion is backed by NUMBERS and data (ie. that unicums wins more because they are better).

All i know is that a good solo player wins more and therefore he is better than a player who win less. So a unicum is a better player than a non unicum. Thats my point!!! The numbers dont lie...

Whether they use teamate as shield or snipe i dont know - I wasnt there i didnt see it... This is something that you are claiming that you witnessed.. I tend to see exactly the oposite, players who do things like bad driving, pushign temamates around and using them as shields are often sub/negative win rate players. Never see a unicum doing things like this to win a game LOL... It can happen that some unicum pushes a noob out of anger in a losing game, not for the purpose of winning, thats just plain stupid. Not even a red player would consider that a good idea to win a game... (And there is plenty of streamers out there that you can watch and learn how they play on average basis).

The worst place a unicum can be is in a team that he tops XP and tops DMG in a win but his team instead of congratulating him will be criticing him for being "selfish" lol. In other games we call that "butthurt"... So i will just group up with some folks and lose the game doing wrong choices, but as long as i am doing "group work" therefore ill be better player than the unicum carrying the game?? (sarcasm intended).

Team work have different shapes and forms, just because a unicum didnt want to team-work with some noob, that doesnt make him a selfish player at all (in other words: that doesnt make him an anti-teamplayer player).

-First and worse problem of people is being able to identify where teamplay works comes and where just group behavior comes. Also teamworks that leads to victory and teamworks that leads to losses are often not clear for the unexperient player - who will then often accuse a statistically bettter player of being wrong  (in case of a loss) simply because he is the real selfish one who dont wanna learn the game just blame others thats why they tend to deny stats... And listen i am not saying that unicums dont make mistakes, just saying that statistically they make much less mistakes..Numbers and DATA matters after all!

Thats my opinion tho.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 05 May 2020 - 07:49 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Ezz #26 Posted 05 May 2020 - 10:23 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 72389 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Remember, the best thing a player can do for their team is to win.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #27 Posted 05 May 2020 - 10:47 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 80883 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS
Not everyone plays to win. So if you play to win and manage to do it, you're selfish.

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 05 May 2020 - 10:48 PM.

pantsu-vor~

NameWasStolenStresslevel #28 Posted 06 May 2020 - 12:27 AM

Captain

• 47666 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 05 May 2020 - 11:47 PM, said:

Not everyone plays to win. So if you play to win and manage to do it, you're selfish.

i just wish i had more of those selfish players on my team who plays to win. It even makes the word "selfishness" looks better now. Differently from those selfish players who only play for their own "fun" and dont care about MY fun and other players fun of winning the game...

If you do what(ever) you want and you accomplish it, then you are selfish.

Not everyone plays for fun, so if you play for fun and you manage to do it, you're selfish. (does this speech looks familiar?)

LOL

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 06 May 2020 - 12:33 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

CaptainNoch_01 #29 Posted 06 May 2020 - 08:13 AM

Sergeant

• 23109 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 05 May 2020 - 10:47 PM, said:

I've given up on playing just to win. I prefer to play with an open mind now. Perhaps, it looks noob of me for making a stupid push too early or too aggressively but that's entirely a by-product of me trying to try out something new and see if I can get away with it. That's certainly fun!

And ironically, that got me more wins! If only I didn't suffer a massive lose streak on the Pantera, I could really show that my winrate improved by quite a decent margin with more than 22k battles. Sadly, that was offset by the lose streak but who cares? It's just a game and the basis of a game is to have fun.

And to those who say that fun is all about winning, then you might as well play a game that guarantees you to win all the time. Why play tanks when you only care about winning?

signature.png

Ezz #30 Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:07 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 72389 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Because winning when there is a challenge is far more fun. 

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #31 Posted 06 May 2020 - 10:38 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 80883 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

Same tank, different results. Don't lose sleep over it.

View PostEzz, on 06 May 2020 - 09:07 AM, said:

Because winning when there is a challenge is far more fun. 

And losing not because of your skill is what makes people angry.

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 06 May 2020 - 10:43 AM.

pantsu-vor~

CaptainNoch_01 #32 Posted 06 May 2020 - 11:24 AM

Sergeant

• 23109 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 06 May 2020 - 10:38 AM, said:

Lol! Does the Pantera really just suffer from bad winrates?

signature.png

NameWasStolenStresslevel #33 Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:27 PM

Captain

• 47666 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 06 May 2020 - 11:38 AM, said:

What you mean? I hope AoyamaBluesMountain is just tryin to being funny with this comparison. 

-Maybe you just played one tank correctly and in the other in made more mistakes?? Without 493 replays from crowem B we will never know. Or in following that logic  i can blame all my low win ratio tank in the game and get away with blaming myself... Furthermore, did you also played both tanks at the same time and same ages?? So you played  both at the exact same time and played 905 battles  + 493 battles without being months apart? MM changes. Tanks in the game that you will be facing changes (get nerfed or buffed and some are removed and other are added) may affect win ratio

-Also you dont have the exact same number of battles in both tanks which is also another reason why this comparison is bad. Also 57% and 63% is still above 50% which means you are winning more than losing in both tanks and thats what matter.

-Did u played both tanks without platooning or played one more platooning than other?

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 06 May 2020 - 11:38 AM, said

And thats exactly why winning is fun, because a challenge is a challenge, its not mean to be always win. Losing is obviously not fun, and thats what makes winning a challenge something fun.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 06 May 2020 - 01:38 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Ezz #34 Posted 06 May 2020 - 04:42 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 72389 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Winning wouldn't be as fun if losing wasn't shit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users