Road to Berlin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Bushvanker #1 Posted 06 May 2020 - 10:16 AM

Sergeant

• 8960 battles
So if you do not survive to the end of the battle you get nothing regardless of the amount of damage or number of missions you complete.  Is this how this mode is supposed to work?  So what this means is if I am on my last tank I sit in the spawn waiting for the game to end or wait for the other tanks to complete the mission so I get an extra tank....

Edited by dhi67540, 06 May 2020 - 10:18 AM.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 06 May 2020 - 12:35 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 81910 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
Don't quit the game after u die. Even if it is mission 5.

"oNlY tOxIc PlAyErS bLaMe ThE tEaM fOr LoSiNg"

Still waiting for techtree-based CW

Bushvanker #3 Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:17 PM

Sergeant

• 8960 battles
I didn't quit the game.

obj_19 #4 Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:29 PM

Corporal

• 4193 battles

Road to Berlin is ridiculously grindy.

I only played for the crew books.

A way to win easily is to attack from the sides of the direction the arrow is pointing. The AI are hardwired to push in the direction of the arrow. This tactic has worked well for me. Spotting is broken in this mode. Being well out of a pz iv view range and 3 arty focus you.

But still fun. I applaud WG the AI is very very good.

The tigers, jpanthers and the ferdinands alpha is ridiculous. Erase half of hitpoints. Pziv has 180 alpha. If only this happens in random battle the meta will change

Edited by obj_19, 08 May 2020 - 04:29 PM.

retired blitz unicorn.

I'm a complete noob

i'm the worst guide writer in the world,

Don't listen to my advice or your winrate might go below 30%.

LeSigh #5 Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:28 PM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 55004 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
No one says you have to do it in 2 days. If you get the x15s each day from your daily pub games the IS-2S shouldn't be a hard grind at all.
This account proudly sponsored by WG

mttspiii #6 Posted 08 May 2020 - 10:29 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33795 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View Postobj_19, on 08 May 2020 - 04:29 PM, said:

Road to Berlin is ridiculously grindy.

I only played for the crew books.

A way to win easily is to attack from the sides of the direction the arrow is pointing. The AI are hardwired to push in the direction of the arrow. This tactic has worked well for me. Spotting is broken in this mode. Being well out of a pz iv view range and 3 arty focus you.

But still fun. I applaud WG the AI is very very good.

The tigers, jpanthers and the ferdinands alpha is ridiculous. Erase half of hitpoints. Pziv has 180 alpha. If only this happens in random battle the meta will change

Neh, attacking sides work if there's someone at center taking the enemies' attention. Without a center Churchill/IS/Pershing, the meds fold.

Also, PzIV fires HE, which really hurts my hulldown Black Prince despite me figuring out how to bounce Panthers and Tigers in this mode.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Bushvanker #7 Posted 09 May 2020 - 06:23 AM

Sergeant

• 8960 battles

View PostLeSigh, on 08 May 2020 - 05:28 PM, said:

No one says you have to do it in 2 days. If you get the x15s each day from your daily pub games the IS-2S shouldn't be a hard grind at all.

But you have to be good in tier 7+ games to get them - so not for everyone.

Centurion_MK64 #8 Posted 09 May 2020 - 07:59 AM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 32214 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postdhi67540, on 09 May 2020 - 10:23 AM, said:

But you have to be good in tier 7+ games to get them - so not for everyone.

you dont have to be good in 7+ you just need to be better than the bots and have some good team mates

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

I have sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands

s70blackhawk #9 Posted 09 May 2020 - 06:40 PM

Even salt looks like sugar

• 23998 battles
  • [-ADF-] -ADF-

View PostCenturion_MK64, on 09 May 2020 - 09:59 AM, said:

you dont have to be good in 7+ you just need to be better than the bots and have some good team mates

I think he means in pub battles to get the 15x rewards for top 7/5/3 at Tier VIII and above.

This thread has been really helpful. As well as the FB page which stated about getting the 15x in pub randoms each day to increase the number of 15x. This means I'll get Stage IV completed in about 6 days.

So if anyone hasn't picked up what to do so far:

- Get a tank or two up to Level 3 as quick as possible. (the higher the level the more damage you do and therefore bigger the reward points at the end)

- Get top 7/5/3 of pub randoms in Tier VIII and above once a day to get extra 15x rewards

- Do each tank for their 5x

You should get about 3000-4000 a day of points.

Just watch out for the damage farmers who don't give a shit about progressing the levels, just farming damage.Although this is selfish play, they think this is the best. When really it's about teamwork to get all the way to the end and farm damage along the way. Otherwise you bow out with level 1/5 and everyone gets 0 points or 2/5 and you get bugger all damage.

I have won quite a few now that I've levelled up my IS HT tank. Am really enjoying it more that you can pen stuff. The mode is hard to get into and very grindy at the beginning. But what do you expect for a free gold tank.

Well done WG, this is actually a good mode.

Edited by s70blackhawk, 09 May 2020 - 06:41 PM.

endgame
ˈɛn(d)ɡeɪm/ noun 
1. the final stage of a game such as chess, bridge or World of Tanks, when few pieces, cards or players on the server remain. 
Don't trust everything. Even salt looks like sugar.

TankedDriver #10 Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:20 PM

Private

• 6292 battles

Yes this is definitely an insane grind. Does WG hate their players? It seems that they do. Haha. ( They hate their players )

This is a great mod!!! I very much enjoy it ...but it sure does seem a little / well , a LOT , LOT harder than it should be.

Would really , really , like to see a mod like this open much more often , with bots that didn't have one billion% snap-shot skill and with a considerably lower hit rate and accuracy..Especially the artillery omg they are relentless!

Bots on the retreat at full pace , hit ,100% ,without any type of aim-bloom .. is just rubbish. Would be a lot better if the bots had the same rules as the players , aim-bloom and such.

We are already playing at 6-1 odds. It just makes it a bit too crazy with the mad accuracy and epic hiding skills of the bots. Just about 1/2 second before you get your shot ready , the bots all hide behind ..anything.

Give us a smidge longer on the last phase time limit , reduce the bots accuracy -mainly when they're moving- stop the artillery focusing one player with insane accuracy.

This mod is great , it's just the bots are far too good. That's my opinion anyway.

Centurion_MK64 #11 Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:36 AM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 32214 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Topic closed

>Centurion_MK64

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

I have sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users