Would I recommend this game to friends ?

MM NO WG JUST NO

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

FramFramson #21 Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:18 AM

Major

• 48789 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostPuggsley, on 20 May 2020 - 08:46 PM, said:

Who paid ridiculous amounts for blackmarket vehicles?

I use the loot boxes to get cheap gold (supplemented by in game comps) which i stockpile to buy prem time when it is cheapest.

I'm happy to pay something for the fun i get from this game, that's how i do it.

I bought the Death Star!

Oh and the I bought the orders the second time around.

Mostly the Black Market is shit.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

nadoblabla #22 Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:13 AM

Private

• 5902 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

I would recommend this game to my fellow tank lovers/engineer/history nerds friends, but of course, that number is so little compared to my "normal" friends. But if they hate grindy games, this game won't work from them.

My suggestion to the devs (hopefully they read this thread) so that people will want to try this game/you can retain the player base:

1. Reduce the amount of EXP needed to research tier 2-8 tank. Probably 10%-25% reduction, with tier 8 10% reduction and tier 2 on the opposite spectrum, 25% reduction. To compensate this and to counter against noob/bots rushing tiers, make tier 9 locked to players who have played for 2k battles, and tier 10 is exclusive to people who have >3k battles and more than 45% Win Rate. 

2. Make arty less punishing. Three is too much. I think 1-2 per battle is the sweet spot (No, you just can't say remove arty from the game. It's getting old)

3. Increase the number of credits earned on all tier by at least 10%

4. Make more historical PvP/PvE events, the one like Berlin

5. Balance the maps.

6. Add new game mode in Random Battles instead of usual standard/encounter/Assault

7. Instead of releasing new premium tanks, release crews with BIA and special voiceover from various local/worldwide artist or any popular figures. Make people who love to customize their tank feel at home with tons of skins and crews voiceover. 

8. This game is NOT F2P friendly game. Add daily login bonus which gives you a random prize (decal, credits, 1 day premium time, or even gold). The current daily mission and tank rewards is good enough but daily login bonus that welcome you with an enticing screen each time you start the game is a good addition. Give achievement rewards something interesting instead of badges/emblems that people don't care. For example:

Getting top gun once -> 1 day premium time. Top gun three times -> 500k credits. Top gun 10 times -> 100 bonds. Top gun 100 times -> Free Tier V premium tank of your choices. 

Have 10 tanks -> 1 day premium time , 30 tanks -> 7 days premium time , 100 tanks -> 30 days premium time

I knew that some kind of reward already exist, but MAKE IT EXTREMELY VISIBLE with beautiful/great UI/UX screen so the whole world (yes, even your mom and dad who doesn't even play the game) understand that you just earned rewards for your achievements in-game, not just bonds and badges. I feel no sense of accomplishment in this game if I got top gun/high caliber, it's just "Ohh I got this one" and that's it.

9. This game is also not friendly to those who willing to spend little in the game just for a better overall experience. To compare it with P*BG, W*rzone, Fortn*te, W*W, Dota2/LOL heck even Animal Crossing or some kind of stupid mobile games, and so many other hugely popular casual/competitive games out there, this game is too expensive.

Reduce the cost of premium time by at least 15%. There is too many tier 8 premium, why not flood the lower tier too by reducing the cost of tier 2-7 premium by at least 10%. Your battle pass is TOO FREAKING EXPENSIVE, way beyond other battle passes in any of previously mentioned games, make it 25-50% cheaper.

10. Dare to balance the tanks, even the premium ones. I see (mostly in Europe community since Asia forum is kinda dead) that so many toxic players defend their OP tanks with "git gud", "aim at weak spot!", "it's not X that needs nerf, it's the whole other tanks that need buff", or some other BS who even said that they want to sue Wargaming if they nerf their premium tanks. These guys are no-life brain-dead who are the minority of the players. The 99% majority want balance. Pretty f sure about this, I don't even need statistics to say that number. The majority want a fair fight or at least a decent chance to fight against others. Remove gold rounds too and make regular AP/APCR and HE better so in terms of gameplay, there is little to no difference between F2P and P2W players, only their skills and tanks. Why balance is matter? My referral friends are getting annoyed and quit this game before reaching 1k games because each time he got outplayed by a certain tank, it's always premium tank not the regular tech tree one. If you can't balance it, at least give those tanks cheaper price or as a freebie gifts, so everyone can play it (or mostly everyone), this too will lead to balance in the long run.

One last suggestion (unrelated to the topic) to semi-counter bots or dumb players (sometimes I am dumb too) who love to yolo : Make everyone who died less than 1 minute into the game to watch the whole game. Or make it progressively harder for someone to click "Back to Garage" if they keep dying early in previous games, with winning and surviving the only thing that "resets" it. For example, if you die in less than 1 min, in your next game you can't go back to garage unless you are already 3 mins into the game. Die again? Your next game is unquittable unless you watch your team for another 5 minutes, and so on.

Edited by nadoblabla, 22 May 2020 - 06:32 AM.

Wodka_Warrior #23 Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:28 AM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 20428 battles

@nadoblabla some solid suggestions there mate.

I would only recommend this game to mates if they have heaps of patience or a healthy supply of keyboards/mice/monitors (⊙_◎)

Edited by Wodka_Warrior, 22 May 2020 - 09:29 AM.

Bushvanker #24 Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:46 AM

Corporal

• 6521 battles

View Postnadoblabla, on 22 May 2020 - 06:13 AM, said:

I would recommend this game to my fellow tank lovers/engineer/history nerds friends, but of course, that number is so little compared to my "normal" friends. But if they hate grindy games, this game won't work from them.

My suggestion to the devs (hopefully they read this thread) so that people will want to try this game/you can retain the player base:

1. Reduce the amount of EXP needed to research tier 2-8 tank. Probably 10%-25% reduction, with tier 8 10% reduction and tier 2 on the opposite spectrum, 25% reduction. To compensate this and to counter against noob/bots rushing tiers, make tier 9 locked to players who have played for 2k battles, and tier 10 is exclusive to people who have >3k battles and more than 45% Win Rate. 

Actually I would increase the amount of EXP needed but base it on WR for that tank line.  Bots will have an ever increasing EXP requirement to move up lines, those who regularly do well will have a reduced EXP requirement.

Edited by dhi67540, 22 May 2020 - 10:46 AM.

mttspiii #25 Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:20 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33257 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

Thankfully, most of the tanks that appeal to tank lovers/history nerds are either low-tiered enough (Sherman, B1, KV-2, Matilda, Firefly, Cromwell), or have a premium counterpart (Pudel, Bretagne Panther, HT VI, King Tiger captured, ISU-152K, Centurion RAAC, Strv S1).

Only tank I can't think of a premium counterpart is the SU-152, Ferdinand, Maus.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

nadoblabla #26 Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:05 PM

Private

• 5902 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

View Postmttspiii, on 22 May 2020 - 05:20 PM, said:

Thankfully, most of the tanks that appeal to tank lovers/history nerds are either low-tiered enough (Sherman, B1, KV-2, Matilda, Firefly, Cromwell), or have a premium counterpart (Pudel, Bretagne Panther, HT VI, King Tiger captured, ISU-152K, Centurion RAAC, Strv S1).

Only tank I can't think of a premium counterpart is the SU-152, Ferdinand, Maus.

You gotta check today's premium shop. 

CaptainNoch_01 #27 Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:59 PM

Sergeant

• 23109 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

View PostWodka_Warrior, on 22 May 2020 - 09:28 AM, said:

@nadoblabla some solid suggestions there mate.

I would only recommend this game to mates if they have heaps of patience or a healthy supply of keyboards/mice/monitors (⊙_◎)

Indeed, they are solid suggestions. Although, I have to disagree with the first pointers for minor issues. Let's say WG did introduce the first point and made it impossible to get tier 9/10 until meeting some basic requirements, what if I opened a new account and rushed my way up to tier 10 because I am already a decent/good/unicum player? Will I have to really play 3k battles before I get my tier 10? Just a minor issue.

As to who I will recommend this game, I will recommend it broadly but what's important over patience is that they need to be willing to commit some time in learning the game mechanics and knowing the technical details of most tanks at the back of their head, which includes the penetration range of the guns of different tanks. Unlike other games where you can win by sheer map knowledge and clutch moves, I find that WoT requires its players to learn all the technical and minute details. Like, you can have good map knowledge but if you don't know what guns your armor can bounce, you're as good as dead with one miscalculated move.

WoT is very unforgiving and the fact that there is no respawning, it punishes players who think that they can do some aggressive play and get away with it. Compare LoL players where they often go all out to destroy turrets and whatnot to a game of WoT, where players have to control key positions while trying to conserve HP and dealing damage to enemy tanks. 

You need more than patience. You essentially have to be one with the game and the tank you're playing.

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

mttspiii #28 Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:13 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33257 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View Postnadoblabla, on 22 May 2020 - 09:05 PM, said:

You gotta check today's premium shop. 

Already mentioned ISU-152K in the post you quoted.

SU-152 isn't ISU-152. It looks like it and plays like it, but still somewhat different like Sherman vs Easy Eight.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Pizza_Oven #29 Posted 25 May 2020 - 09:55 AM

Private

• 4303 battles
No.

nadoblabla #30 Posted 25 May 2020 - 01:33 PM

Private

• 5902 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

View Postmttspiii, on 24 May 2020 - 05:13 PM, said:

Already mentioned ISU-152K in the post you quoted.

SU-152 isn't ISU-152. It looks like it and plays like it, but still somewhat different like Sherman vs Easy Eight.

Ah sorry mate, I miss the letter "I". I thought that you didn't write ISU-152K. 

Cheers

Also tagged with MM, NO, WG, JUST NO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users