ISU 152k - Rubbish gun

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Bushvanker #1 Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:55 AM

Corporal

• 6238 battles

First you have to contend with RNG to hit a target - then you have to contend with RNG to pen a target (even with 286pen the game finds somewhere on the enemy tank that will auto ricochette when hit - even LTs and Bourasques).  40% HR and 10% Pen rate makes this tank worthless as a Sniper.  No armour makes it useless as a bully.  So now I just load nothing but HE and spam at targets.  Last battle was no exception so just decided to try blind fire.  I was reasonably certain where the enemy were and it worked to a certain extent.  At least I don't continually lose credits firing HE in this tank.  First Premium tank that consistently loses credits per game.  

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5416628

Edited by Bushvanker, 06 June 2020 - 10:55 AM.

JDBC567 #2 Posted 06 June 2020 - 12:36 PM

Corporal

• 517 battles
If it's bad and it's a premium just don't play it.
Grind another tech tree tank and if it's bad grind it to get to the higher tier tanks.
But what's the point in grinding a bad premium!!??
Just sell it

Edited by JDBC567, 06 June 2020 - 02:06 PM.

Ezz #3 Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:36 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72315 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Or use it as extra barracks space.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Bushvanker #4 Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:40 PM

Corporal

• 6238 battles
Shooting nothing but HE and I make credits - even in a loss.

JDBC567 #5 Posted 06 June 2020 - 04:00 PM

Corporal

• 517 battles
But why are you even playing it????

CardinalMite #6 Posted 06 June 2020 - 04:30 PM

Captain

• 31372 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

OP why did you buy it?

It isn't as if you couldn't find out what it was like before you bought it. Every man and his dog reviews the new premiums on or as they go on sale. Not to mention the fact it is very similar to the tech tree tier 8 equivalent.

What did you think would happen?

It is the tier 8 premium with the highest alpha and you thought it would have Strv 103 aim time and accuracy? Even WGs at times  "creative" viewpoint on balance gets that you don't get big alpha for no downside.

Caveat emptor.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

CaptainNoch_01 #7 Posted 06 June 2020 - 04:45 PM

Sergeant

• 23109 battles
  • [G-I] G-I

I love people who spend their money on pixels, gets disappointed and complains about their poor investment. Like, seriously, the tank has been on sale for nearly two weeks and so many review videos have been made by Community Contributors, showing the pros and cons of the tank by comparing its statistics to similar tanks and showing replays that highlight possible shortcomings or advantages of the tank in certain scenarios.

Unless you've actually bothered to watch some of these videos before deciding to spend 60 bucks on some pixel tank, it's your loss buddy and it's WG's win! 

Also, how do you actually lose credits on a premium tank? There must be something grossly wrong with how you play the tank and complaining about RNG should be the least of your issues because it is universally agreed upon that Soviet tanks enjoy better RNG! 

ISU-152K isn't a sniper. You want a sniper, get a Strv 81. Not only will your shots hit more, you'll be dealing damage at a faster rate. Alpha damage isn't everything my friend. 

You simply made a poor investment based on possibly little to no judgement and that just shows that you've recklessly spent your money on something that doesn't suit you. I am sure you watch or read up reviews on smartphones before buying one, don't you? Do you write a long complaint against Apple or Samsung for selling you a phone that doesn't meet your specific needs? Same logic applies here! 

It's ok to be mad for making a poor decision but I believe that WG has no fault in this issue except for selling this tank which was once deemed overpowered and removed from the tech tree. You only have yourself to blame and be angry on... no offense. 

signature.png

Why do I still play this game? 

NameWasStolenStresslevel #8 Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:31 PM

Captain

• 47636 battles

View PostBushvanker, on 06 June 2020 - 11:55 AM, said:

First you have to contend with RNG to hit a target - then you have to contend with RNG to pen a target (even with 286pen the game finds somewhere on the enemy tank that will auto ricochette when hit - even LTs and Bourasques).  40% HR and 10% Pen rate makes this tank worthless as a Sniper.  No armour makes it useless as a bully.  So now I just load nothing but HE and spam at targets.  Last battle was no exception so just decided to try blind fire.  I was reasonably certain where the enemy were and it worked to a certain extent.  At least I don't continually lose credits firing HE in this tank.  First Premium tank that consistently loses credits per game.  

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5416628

Losing credits in a premium tier 8 tank? Even if you have no premium account running I find it really hard to grasp losing credits in a tank that has 280mm pen. But to be fair with you its a box tank that seems slow and armoless so it must be a bad tank to farm damage because no one will drive in front of your gun and thats why good mobility tanks are the best credit makers so you can go and hunt the enemy by your own. 

This is the ultimate pay-to-lose example that World of Tanks is. You literally paid to lose credits, paid to lose games.... And trust me you are no different from a large percentege of WOT playerbase... Pay to lose confirmed.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 07 June 2020 - 12:35 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Puggsley #9 Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:15 AM

Major

• 74761 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 07 June 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

This is the ultimate pay-to-lose example that World of Tanks is. You literally paid to lose credits, paid to lose games.... And trust me you are no different from a large percentege of WOT playerbase... Pay to lose confirmed.

Pay to lose? 

Isn't it just bad players simply find creative ways to lose in whatever tank they are in, premium or not?

CardinalMite #10 Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:55 AM

Captain

• 31372 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 09 June 2020 - 02:15 AM, said:

Pay to lose? 

Isn't it just bad players simply find creative ways to lose in whatever tank they are in, premium or not?

^^^^ This entirely.

The mere fact that some players average high win rates in a tank means that generally it is possible to make it work even if objectively it is a bad tank.

The converse is also true, some players will lose regardless of how good/OP it is.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

Puggsley #11 Posted 09 June 2020 - 12:29 PM

Major

• 74761 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostCardinalMite, on 09 June 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

The converse is also true, some players will lose regardless of how good/OP it is.

Puggs looks wistfully at T50/51.......

Nearly 17% worse WR than the T50.

I am that TX tanks kryptonite.

Edited by Puggsley, 09 June 2020 - 12:29 PM.

CardinalMite #12 Posted 09 June 2020 - 01:58 PM

Captain

• 31372 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 09 June 2020 - 04:29 AM, said:

Puggs looks wistfully at T50/51.......

Nearly 17% worse WR than the T50.

I am that TX tanks kryptonite.

It's weird isn't it how some tanks that you would normally expect to do well in inexplicably do worse than objectively inferior tanks.

I also have had it the other way where for example I do way better (like 10% better over hundred + battles) in the WZ-132a than in the T-54 Ltwt.

Or the Tier 8 Pershing vs the Patton Kr, those tanks are very similar, of similar tier yet significantly different win rate. I can't even say I played them at dramatically different times in my development as a player.

MagicalFlyingFox #13 Posted 09 June 2020 - 03:36 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 34925 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS
Pershing has a better gun mantlet than the KR which pretends to have a mantlet.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

CardinalMite #14 Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:02 PM

Captain

• 31372 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 09 June 2020 - 07:36 AM, said:

Pershing has a better gun mantlet than the KR which pretends to have a mantlet.

I thought the Kr got a mantlet buff a while back... but the funny thing is I did better in the Kr anyway.

MagicalFlyingFox #15 Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:11 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 34925 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

View PostCardinalMite, on 09 June 2020 - 06:02 PM, said:

I thought the Kr got a mantlet buff a while back... but the funny thing is I did better in the Kr anyway.

It still isnt as strong as the persh.

The KR though gets insane soft stats so can snapshot all day and i think better DPM too.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

Ezz #16 Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:25 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72315 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Persh and kr jelled for me, but the pilot i never enjoyed for some reason. I think it was because its engine always sounded like it was weak. While normally i'm all about the extra mobility the pilot offers. I should have another crack at that.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

jumphonner #17 Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:40 AM

First lieutenant

• 60292 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
Your average hit rate overall is 46.62%. Your hit rate in the ISU 152K is 53%. Buying a premium tank doesn't magically make your aim any better.

Infamous BOT, Seal Clubber, Stat Padder and Skrublord. Mates of the Corrupt and The Sage of Asia ™.

2 MoE: KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU100, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

Occasionally seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard

https://www.twitch.tv/jumphonner

mttspiii #18 Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:36 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33254 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View Postjumphonner, on 17 June 2020 - 06:40 AM, said:

Your average hit rate overall is 46.62%. Your hit rate in the ISU 152K is 53%. Buying a premium tank doesn't magically make your aim any better.

But it does. His aim improved by 13.69% compared to his average hit rate.

It's just that his baseline is so low that a 13+% improvement means little.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users