One Sided Games

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Useless Stats (12 members have cast votes)

If stats are not used for MM then they cannot be a true indication of a players ability

1. True (5 votes [41.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

2. False (7 votes [58.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Austanker #1 Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:25 PM

Private

• 85051 battles
I am sick and tired of the rubbish MM. One sided games all the time. If you do not use players stats for MM please get rid of them. It only creates stat padding useless players. Some players pay good money for this game only to have rubbish MM.

Ezz #2 Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:39 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72315 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Get rid of what? Bad players? As in tier restrictions? Could work.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

WarMongeringFishMonger #3 Posted 08 June 2020 - 12:52 AM

Winner Winner chicken Lover

• 31201 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI

View PostEzz, on 07 June 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:

Manticore in a BUSH cant spot HT 200m in front of it. Yup i agree with you in tier restriction. But hey credit cards work best at tier 8.

spacewolf #4 Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:52 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 75892 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAustanker, on 07 June 2020 - 10:25 PM, said:

I am sick and tired of the rubbish MM. One sided games all the time. If you do not use players stats for MM please get rid of them. It only creates stat padding useless players. Some players pay good money for this game only to have rubbish MM.

You're at 84k games and you're yet to come to terms with the games' shortcomings??

Proudly sponsored by WG

NameWasStolenStresslevel #5 Posted 08 June 2020 - 11:33 AM

Captain

• 47636 battles
you have 46%WR, it doesnt matter what you say, you being in any team means that team chance of winning is being dragged down by you. Its pure math

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

NameWasStolenStresslevel #6 Posted 08 June 2020 - 11:50 AM

Captain

• 47636 battles

Its the same advice as usual: Drop tiers, and if it dont work, take holidays!! Saw some nice games AAA titles being avaible for cheap price and some for free.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 08 June 2020 - 12:36 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

NameWasStolenStresslevel #7 Posted 08 June 2020 - 12:40 PM

Captain

• 47636 battles

This thread is sarcastic, "current MM cannot be used as an indication of skill" yet you ask for "balanced" MM based on distributing players by stats, the problem is that their stats, my stats, and your stats are all based on the current MM, which in other words means that a unicum is only unicum because he has gone through the same system than you did, and a bad player is only a bad player because he also played from the same system. And thats the result of their stats.

So you are admiting that unicums are good and you want them on your team, and at the same time you are saying that they are useless and their stats are fake because MM is not legit, yet you wanna built a system that distribute player based on skill level equally among teams, yet the "skill level" is completely based on the current MM and the current stats. Irony in my opinion.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

HopelessTanker_1 #8 Posted 08 June 2020 - 03:45 PM

Private

• 9912 battles

View PostAustanker, on 07 June 2020 - 08:25 PM, said:

I would like to know how WGing create the 2 teams each game. I played a game a while back thinking MM had split the teams in half based on the personal ratings. In my team, I had the highest PR but every player in the other team was higher than me. My team lost...... Created a ticket which the responder said it wasn't MM as MM only applies to tanks and not players. The responder didn't explain how the game was split down the middle. Recently I had a losing streak so I installed Aslain's mod which among other things, provides a win/loss chance percentage based on each players WR. Every match I played showed my teams' win chance was below 50%, often in the 20s. The losing streak will happen again and I wonder if this is WGings attempt to make us try harder? When I started winning again, my WR for each session was up to around 65%. No doubt there are others like me that experience these win/loss periods and feel that WGing are manipulating the teams so one is predestined to win and one to fail? I feel paranoid saying that but the change from winning to losing is so profound for me, I don't think I am paranoid.

Ezz #9 Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:24 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 72315 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Bear in mind that if you are a better than average player your win chances will tend to be above 50%, while the converse is also true.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_Sammich_ #10 Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:33 PM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 39495 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostAustanker, on 07 June 2020 - 12:25 PM, said:

I am sick and tired of the rubbish MM. One sided games all the time.

View PostHopelessTanker_1, on 08 June 2020 - 07:45 AM, said:

Every match I played showed my teams' win chance was below 50%

You guys are soooooo close.  Why do you think the rubbish MM is?

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

Twit_ #11 Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:28 PM

69 Recognized

• 19607 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

MM is random and is only based on tank class and type, not player skill... if you aren't top 3 on dmg or xp for your team by the end of the game, maybe look to yourself and how you played over things out of your control

The mindset you need to improve

WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVEN WHEN YOU OF IN THE COLD FOOD OF OUT HOT EAT THE FOOD 

NameWasStolenStresslevel #12 Posted 09 June 2020 - 01:40 AM

Captain

• 47636 battles

View PostEzz, on 07 June 2020 - 09:39 PM, said:

Yes please.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Puggsley #13 Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:23 AM

Major

• 74761 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

Over small sample sizes then yes you can have a shittier run of teams than normal. But this might be 100 games or so. Once you get above that then you will have pretty much the average team and over 500 to 1000 your win rate is a pure reflection of your skill (including your ability to pick tanks, ammo selection and who you choose to platoon with - if you platoon).

So you could try to get WG to change MM, or you could expend a small fraction of that effort on looking at how you could improve your own play. One will definitely have a large impact on your win rate, the other most likely won't.

Austanker #14 Posted 27 June 2020 - 07:05 PM

Private

• 85051 battles
LOL … 3 players posted here on my blacklist for being camping snipers … what I call stat padders … have played many games with you all … you may get the high damage therefore your stats should be good … but someone has to do the hard work and take a few hits ??? its not you lot that's for sure … spacewolf I have seen you in 3 games since I posted this ... you got no damage in 2 games very little in the other and died very early in the games ???? your tanks suggest to me you only play td's and meds … one game being tonight … I (the noob) got  high calibre and you did zip my team still lost … winrate is pure luck! … Anyways you guys keep hiding and have fun influencing games ...

Ezz #15 Posted 27 June 2020 - 08:25 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 72315 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
That's right kids, doing what needs to be done for your team to win is stat padding. Suiciding so your team loses is the only noble pursuit.

Edited by Ezz, 28 June 2020 - 10:57 AM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #16 Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:05 AM

Captain

• 47636 battles

View PostAustanker, on 27 June 2020 - 08:05 PM, said:

LOL … 3 players posted here on my blacklist for being camping snipers … what I call stat padders … have played many games with you all … you may get the high damage therefore your stats should be good … but someone has to do the hard work and take a few hits ??? its not you lot that's for sure … spacewolf I have seen you in 3 games since I posted this ... you got no damage in 2 games very little in the other and died very early in the games ???? your tanks suggest to me you only play td's and meds … one game being tonight … I (the noob) got  high calibre and you did zip my team still lost … winrate is pure luck! … Anyways you guys keep hiding and have fun influencing games ...

I am really sick tired of 45% player complaining about bad team and one sided games.. There is absolutely no reason to want better teams, u just say the game is rigged and stats doesnt matter, so you should not be concerned about what team has the better players. Statistics is the only thing that differenciates one player from another, and u just said stats doesnt matter. So be happy and have fun normally and keep doing what you always do, and you will be far less frustated..

The only thing you can do is survive a little longer, with a bigger tank and more HP. At least use HP of your tank since the gun doesnt work due to rigged RNG. Good luck.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 28 June 2020 - 06:12 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

AlexTheKid72 #17 Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:20 AM

Sergeant

• 26308 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 28 June 2020 - 01:05 AM, said:

The only thing you can do is survive a little longer, with a bigger tank and more HP. At least use HP of your tank since the gun doesnt work due to rigged RNG. Good luck.

This. Please play your Tog II more ;)

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 28 June 2020 - 08:20 AM.

_Sammich_ #18 Posted 28 June 2020 - 09:16 AM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 39495 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostAustanker, on 27 June 2020 - 11:05 AM, said:

Most played class is TDs - accuses other players in TDs of being camping snipers who get high damage to inflate their stats...

Okaaaaaay

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

_DiscoStu_ #19 Posted 28 June 2020 - 10:54 AM

First lieutenant

• 29801 battles
  • [-WB-] -WB-

View PostAustanker, on 27 June 2020 - 11:05 AM, said:

To summarise... "I'm not bad, you are... your played bad in 3 games so you are bad... I have played bad in 85 thousand games but it's everyone else's fault... winning is luck!"

:popcorn::facepalm:

I'm a much better player than I actually am... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChby0l_z0Lv_S0zLepFQ5sA

Austanker #20 Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:07 PM

Private

• 85051 battles
hmmm it seems sarcasm is the answer ?? can you please tell me why stats are not part of MM ??? is stat padding just a myth ??? the only person who has understood what I am complaining about is HopelessTanker_1  win/loss streak is an indication of parameters being placed on certain tanks for win/loss … 15-0 win/loss in a tier x match … that should not happen! .. No Ezz that's not what I mean. if we all sit at the back in our lt meds  … who would be lighting things up and backing up ht's … I find that a lot of players just sit there sniping in the same position no matter what is going on in the mini map … another player needs help .. no one wants to help as in ooooh I might get shot and die that's not good for my stats. and Sammich say hello to FramFramson the biggest camper I have ever seen. Keep on campin lads!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users