I am DEFINITELY NOT NEW but i am still a stupid potato

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

ryan0677 #1 Posted 13 June 2020 - 06:11 PM

Private

• 603 battles
  • [A-U-V] A-U-V
when I play the game I always die any tips (I mainly use the kv1 and 2 if there are any tips for them)

CelestiaLudenberg #2 Posted 13 June 2020 - 06:41 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 23978 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

Gonna need a bit more context, but generally do you push in straight away or do you play passive.

If you die early due to pushing in, just play a bit more passive and opportunistic, make your shots count and learn when it is safe to push and when it is not.

In the KV-1 you can be aggressive when top tier, you can usually just push in and duel with people, when mid tier the tier 6's will have no trouble killing you so you need to play off of your tier 6 HT's and wait for them to take a hit then you poke and take a shot or two. When up against tier 7's be entirely support, stick with your tier 6's and 7's and let them tank hits and peek on the enemy after they have fired, you should be able to get 2 shots in during their reload if you are quick enough to react unless they are in the Tiger I, Black Prince or FV 201 A45 since they have very fast reloads.

For the KV-2 just sit and wait, pre-aim on where someone is or where someone will likely come from, then when they appear, or if they are on reload after shooting someone else, poke and take the shot, but let it aim as much as you can afford. If there is a tank on less than 300hp do not be afraid to just push them and kill them if they are alone. You do this regardless of whether you are top, middle or bottom tier as it will basically always do 300+ damage.

Replays would be nice to watch to help make suggestions.

>When I hear a 4 door 20e auto 33 going WADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA in the rain

ryan0677 #3 Posted 13 June 2020 - 07:45 PM

Private

• 603 battles
  • [A-U-V] A-U-V
https://drive.google...ew?usp=sharing         Replay Link

CelestiaLudenberg #4 Posted 13 June 2020 - 08:35 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 23978 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

Far too much use of autoaim, only use autoaim for when circling someone or if it is just a random shot on the move while pushing.

Your initial positioning was somewhat fine, but you were still too on the open and should have been hugging the rock closer. When you went to relocate, you probably should have gone into the lowground below the Chaffee to give you more cover from all directions. 

When pushing the base, you were being shot by a Marder who was in the north, you should have started to drive down to your right so the hill you were on would cover you from him.

Your overall awareness was not too bad, but there were quite a few points where you tunnel visioned quite bad, like when you focused on what was pushing your base instead of trying to get a shot on the Chaffee behind you.

You also seem to be using no consumables at all either, I suggest you equip a medkit, repair kit and fire extinguisher.

Also a lot of what happened was not entirely your fault, as the team collapsed very quickly.

>When I hear a 4 door 20e auto 33 going WADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA in the rain

ryan0677 #5 Posted 14 June 2020 - 05:10 AM

Private

• 603 battles
  • [A-U-V] A-U-V
Another one with your advice: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

CelestiaLudenberg #6 Posted 14 June 2020 - 09:31 AM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 23978 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

Pushing through the middle of Paris like that is a very bad idea, as you will get killed by people from every angle, but in this game it seemed they had no one in the usual positions. Go to the south straight away and push down to under the bridge like you were. From your spawn just go down the 8 line, or from the other spawn go down the 2 line.

Once you got to the HT brawling area, you used the position pretty well, poking and taking a shot then pulling back behind the gravel pile. A few of the shots you had the time to aim them more but you took the snapshot instead meaning a few missed ones. One thing I noticed that you do, which a lot of others do as well, is that when the T-150 shot you, you tried to pull back. When someone has already shot you, they are on reload so you should try shoot them back before pulling back. If you just back up when they shoot you, you are allowing them to reload without being punished.

You got caught on the dead tank trying to reverse, but when you drove back forward you should have kept reversing so the StuG and Tog behing you could have shot the T-150 when he pushes to kill you. He then would have been in a crossfire between you, and the other two, as well as the O-I to your left.

It is good to see you using the repair kit as well, but you should have used it faster and pulled back quicker. Also good to see you didn't waste the medkit on healing the radio operator, never use the medkit on the radio operator as it is a waste.

Actually on second look, the Tog behind you somehow managed to flip, so he wouldn't have been much help, but the point of pulling back so they could support you still stands.

JDBC567 #7 Posted 14 June 2020 - 10:19 PM

Corporal

• 517 battles
The only way to learn how to play is to play a couple of thousand battles. I'm learning how to play too. I barely manage a 40 percent winrate. For me the problem is lack of map awareness and no 6th sense perk.
From the a over posts, I think you and I share the same problems. I'd suggest using training rooms to find out the killzones in diffrent maps, good positions and escape routs. Don't overextend and always have an escape strategy. Also, if you see a flank falling, run away. I mostly die because I think I can protect a flank against 4-5 tanks alone.

ahwai82 #8 Posted 19 June 2020 - 10:40 PM

Corporal

• 2922 battles
  • [KAFC] KAFC

need to sink in alot of times, learn map learn armor learn this learn that..if you want to play casual for fun this is not the game

dont pay play with 75% crew add to the struggle add with stuck in a stock tank you get a horrible experience

say this from my own experience, game simply say want you to pay and play alot 

Noracto #9 Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:09 AM

Private

• 9338 battles
  • [AUSE] AUSE

The Best tip i have to paying well is to look at the mini map constantly, if you are sitting behind a rock reloading before you take you next shot, look at the mini map, figure out where your team is v.s. where the enemy are. by doing this you can figure out if you are pushing too far forward and being surrounded by the enemy, or if maybe you are hanging too far back and will have little to no impact for your team.

This s probably one of the simpler things to learn in WoT without diving into mechanics, equipment, strategies etc. 

Search for me on Twitch, Twitter and Youtube!
https://www.twitch.tv/noracto/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users