How the Hell Am I Supposed to Improve?

improve noob newbie bots asian players troll bot

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

nadoblabla #1 Posted 17 June 2020 - 08:39 PM

Private

• 7005 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

Simple questionHow the hell am I supposed to improve my WR with these kind of team?

shot_046.jpg

Details and wall of texts :

Indeed I am a noob, but I want to win AND I want to improve. Only getting one of them is not enough. I don't want to constantly win 15-1 game. But I also don't want to get stomped for 15 games in a row despite scoring top three.

If you re not in the mood to see the picture, let me explain it to you :

- I am top Exp and damage, which is not special at all if I encounter another "average" skilled player

- 4 of my team deal 0 damage.

- 7 of my team get less than 100 exp

Some of you might think that I simply farm damage after my allies dead. No sir. I am the first to arrive in the freaking frontline way before other tanks. I am the first one who deal damage and receive the damage, but I am not the first one to die. I deal more than half of my damage before half of my team are dead.

I don't care if you have 44% WR 100 WN8, or even 60% WR 3000 WN8. If you deal 0 damage or less than 100 Exp (assuming you are not crashed/overturned/one-shot ammo racked/Light Tank with 3k assist) = you are trash. At least, in that particular game, no offense, those people are trash. Do I make that kind of play? I admit yes, but it's not often as you think. Probably one in ten games. The silly thing is, the one I yolo and die are the one where usually my team wins.

I don't care about stats if it's effect is little. But constantly losing? Totally not fun.See this chart.

20200617_184055.jpg

How am I supposed to get to that 50% WR? Indeed, four years ago I spend around 2-3k battles just having fun without bothering checking "Service Record" page, YT, or even proper tutorial. But now that I do, why this stuff keep happening? Is constantly being top 3 Exp and/or damage not enough to get to 50% WR? I simply want 50% then I am done with it. I don't care or have any intent/dream to become 55%, and I refuse to be 60% since I don't want to spend huge amount of time to be super unicum in a game, but god damn hitting freaking 50% is so damn hard! If I can perform almost always 50% better than any player on my team, why I am not 50% yet?

Some people suggest seal clubbing? For me, tier IV below is just for fun area. To "try hard" and seal clubbing new players is such a disgrace, and I will not do that pathetic thing ever in any kind of game. I hate them with all my heart, why should I become one?

Play at tier 5-8? 5-7 is okay, except for certain hours when kids are going back from school and yolo for a couple of games just for the laugh. But tier 8? Oh my god. People buy their way to tier 8, wargaming should lock it unless someone already earn their first tech tree tier 8, but it's impossible since their developers want to eat too. 

Play at certain hours? In HK, when is the perfect time? I find weekend is a good spot, but I am a man with business and I can't simply play 300 games in a  day just to boost my WR. Play at midnight? Indeed it's fun except for the constant one or two players on your team is freaking Chinese bot. 

No offense to Chinese, but can you all explain why the hell some (read : SOME) of you ruin in game experience? I am not talking about skill since most skillful pro gamers come from China, I am talking about boxes in chats, bots, and cheats. It's not just about this game. Why don't you guys just stay at your special server? I am kinda pissed off and I might regret this, I understand if some of you Chinese here will hate me for this. Just so you know, I do have Chinese blood, so it's not about being racist, it's about people from mainland spamming boxes and bot their way to tier X.

Carry the game? How am I supposed to carry 14 people? Constantly dealing 3k damage in tier 7? Look pal, if you read closely, I simply want to reach 50%, do I really need to be that skillful just to reach that number? In MOBA/standard 5vs5 game, one or two can carry the others, but we are talking about 15 vs 15 human. Some of us have intact brain but bad luck, the others simply forget to activate their intelligence and yolo 2-3 games in EBR for some laugh and then quit. I also prefer to play with TD/HT, so being a "super-unicum" carrying with medium or light tank is simply not my preferred play style.

Usually I am angry and want to explode, but today I just want to cry like a pathetic man. If RNG god is real, I beg, just let me get 50% WR. Maybe not soon, but at least keep my daily win rate to 50%. But oh boy oh boy, see that chart again. For 5 days in a row, I keep losing and losing and losing. Maybe get one or two win, but followed up with 7 lose.

Some people said : "Oh there is lose streak. But there is win streak too. You just never being grateful about it". You sir are horribly wrong. If I get >7 Win streak, I always notice it, smile a little, and end the day with a quality sleep. But I only feel it ONCE in recent months. It's like 10 win streak, but never ever I encounter that moment again. It's always mixes between win and lose, and according to my Win Rate, I lose more.

Other than asking for solution, I simply want to share so I can feel better.

Feel free to comment anything or suggest something. I can't uninstall this game since I spend probably around $500, all because I love the tanks (I like to stare at garage and viewing my tanks) and have one year premium account. Probably gonna get a lot of flame and trolls spamming "git gud" without bothering to read. It's okay. I understand.

--- end of rant ---

Ezz #2 Posted 17 June 2020 - 09:21 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 74524 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

You highlighted one of the key issues - a lot of people don't care about stats / being decent / their performance. It's in large part because wg allows it via their economy - sitting AFK on a winning team usually gets you more than a top loser.

Beyond that, yes it's a difficult puzzle to solve. The only real solution to winning more in the long term is playing better and doing it consistently. I know it isn't fun, but be self critical, never assume your team should have helped you more. Look for things you could have done better, not your team. It's the way a lot of people improve.

As to TD/HT, in a way they are both easy and hard. Easier in that their playstyle often requires a bit less intense game knowledge, but harder in that if you are in the wrong position, you often don't have a lot of options to correct. So every count down, assess both teams, assess the map, and work out early where you should be to ensure your team has the best chance of winning.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #3 Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:16 AM

Captain

• 32128 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Try watching some streamers on Twitch. Skill4ltu, Orzanel, Circonflexes, Sirfoch, Yzne, even Quickybaby, love him or hate him will help you improve.

Don't so much watch them for the hard carry games, watch where they go on the maps and the decisions they take, when to relocate, when to push etc. See the games they don't necessarily win but they nearly always maximise their chances. Its the average games they do rather than the epic ones that actually help the most. Epic games usually come from extreme situations and may not be representative of typical decision making.

YouTube also can be a useful resource of information and most of the above do show selected matches on it. 4Tankersanddog is particularly good with LT play but also with understanding game mechanics and guides on where to go in various classes.

Forget about how bad your team is doing, focus on your play, how best to use your team mates to your advantage.

Think about ways you can keep them alive if it doesn't involve huge risks on your part.

Early damage is good but not if it means taking early damage.

Sometimes, even in a heavy or TD the best thing you can do is provide vision for your team.

Don't run higher tier tanks with weak crews, train them up lower down then transfer them when they are better.

Good luck.

Edited by CardinalMite, 18 June 2020 - 12:21 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

Radiactor #4 Posted 18 June 2020 - 01:41 AM

Corporal

• 24297 battles

Sometimes 3K damage at tier 7 isn't enough :D

TD.jpg

Basically, you can only do so much and not every game can be won. At the end of each battle (or if you are destroyed early), think about any mistakes you made and how you could play differently next time to be more effective. You don't have control over the other players, but you can can improve your gameplay.

Try to set a damage goal for yourself each game, eg. at least your vehicle's HP.

One sided losses (and wins) can come in streaks, which can be very annoying, impacting your state of mind and causing you to play worse. When that happens, it's better to take a short break and take your mind off of WoT.

If you're improving, so will your overall winrate.

RainbowAssassin #5 Posted 18 June 2020 - 05:32 AM

Apache Attack Helicopter

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 40976 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

I only recently dropped from 65% w/r at tier 10, just play aggressive (smart aggressive) kill tonnes of stuff and the team will struggle to lose from there. Being a "good" player from sniping at the back or farming late game won't win you anything except damage. Take the front of the battle, get your damage there and let it contribute to the win.

Living in the wilderness as a unicum unicorn         

Tier 10 3 marks: IS-4, IS-7, T57 Heavy Tank, FV217 Badger, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, Object 140, Conqueror Gun Carriage, VK 72.01 (K), FV215b (183), Super Conqueror, Object 277, T-100 LT, Object 907, Jagdpanzer E 100, Bat.-châtillon 25 t, WZ 111 model 5A, FV215b, Centurion Action X, Object 430U, Type 5 Heavy, 60TP Lewandowskiego, T-62A, T110E4, E100, TVP T 50/51, OBJ. 260, T110E3, STB-1, FV4005 Stage II, T95/FV4201, M48A5 Patton, E 50 Ausf. M, 113, Strv 103B, Obj. 268 4, AMX 13 105, Panhard EBR 105, Foch 155, K-91, T110E5

BadAtLightTanks #6 Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:06 AM

Corporal

• 10080 battles

Hey Bro, I just finished playing 10 games of which you were twice on my team and we won both games.

Puggsley #7 Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:37 AM

Major

• 76088 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

You will lift your win rate not by turning around a 15:1 loss, but from the close games.

Games where one more shot of damage would have killed a tank which turned a loss into a win. 

Games where moving back from one spot 30 seconds earlier would have left you alive to help turn the close loss into a win.

You only need to win 5 close games out of 100 to lift your WR by 5%. 5 tiny lessons to learn in 100 games. 

And above all don't play too much. Stay fresh.

I've been playing lot less over the last little while and my last 1k games has been a touch over 60% WR at average tier 7.9 

The last 100 games have been at 70% WR. Only playing for a couples of hours, admittedly my average tier has dropped by 0.4 because I have played some tier 4's to get daily missions done quickly. Plus I have platooned more than usual.

CardinalMite #8 Posted 18 June 2020 - 05:02 PM

Captain

• 32128 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
^^^^^ wise words.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

nadoblabla #9 Posted 18 June 2020 - 05:07 PM

Private

• 7005 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

View PostBadAtLightTanks, on 18 June 2020 - 07:06 AM, said:

Hey Bro, I just finished playing 10 games of which you were twice on my team and we won both games.

Indeed I add you directly as friends and want to mention you since I've seen you a lot in forum, but I got other things to do on my phone that distract me from doing it.

I am intrigued with your name "BadAtLightTanks" then I check your profile... You probably should change your name lol ^^

nadoblabla #10 Posted 18 June 2020 - 05:10 PM

Private

• 7005 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

Thank you for the response guys.

This month I played quite a lot since I want to get that Steyr WT. Usually if I lost 5 in a row, I quit for one hour or a whole day depends on my schedule, but this month I grind that daily mission even if I got 10+ losing streaks. 

_Sp4rtacus_ #11 Posted 18 June 2020 - 05:12 PM

Sergeant

• 14614 battles
Ezz and Puggsley i commend you both for your  continuing willingness to help and answer forum questions .

Edited by _Sp4rtacus_, 18 June 2020 - 05:14 PM.

AlexTheKid72 #12 Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:44 AM

Sergeant

• 28867 battles
What Puggsley said.
Came on yesterday and had a huge loss session. Several Ace tankers, MoE improvement, but did not get those important kills. I could have influenced a win in most of them but fell short.
Don't get frustrated with the blow-out games - save that for when you almost made the difference.

signature.png

nadoblabla #13 Posted 20 June 2020 - 07:02 AM

Private

• 7005 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

Based on several suggestions from my friends and other posts, it seems I need to "play for fun" again and try not to think of win rate for now, unless I suffer another long lose streak. For the next couple of thousand battles, I probably need to prioritize my WN8 and make all of my tanks green/blue. 

Thank you for the suggestions guys. You guys really helpful. Sadly, all of you here probably are 5% or less from the total game population. More potato like me (or even tomato) need to check this forum.

Cheers

BadAtLightTanks #14 Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:24 AM

Corporal

• 10080 battles

View Postnadoblabla, on 18 June 2020 - 05:07 PM, said:

Indeed I add you directly as friends and want to mention you since I've seen you a lot in forum, but I got other things to do on my phone that distract me from doing it.

I am intrigued with your name "BadAtLightTanks" then I check your profile... You probably should change your name lol ^^

There is a reason why I use this name. Whenever I am in a battle and the team is cursing at me for not doing my job, I just tell them to refer back to my name and to leave me alone. :trollface:

Also tagged with improve, noob, newbie, bots, asian, players, troll, bot

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users