American MT's

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Bushvanker #1 Posted 20 June 2020 - 10:09 PM

Corporal

• 6238 battles
Is it me or is the T20 and Pershing just slugs.  Slow, sluggish.  Its like driving, maneuvering and shooting like the tanks are wallowing in mud (Compares to the same tier Russian and British MT's).  Does it get any better in tier 9 and 10 or should I just abandon the line?

mttspiii #2 Posted 21 June 2020 - 03:40 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33254 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

T20 is already one of the "faster" US MT's. Pershing and up are slower.

As for being agile though, US MT's do get more agile higher up the tiers. Horsepowers and acceleration and all that. Somewhat.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Ezz #3 Posted 21 June 2020 - 08:29 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72315 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
They are about comfort, not out and out mobility. And no, the ones above are also super comfy, but not super fast.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Bushvanker #4 Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:43 AM

Corporal

• 6238 battles
The other thing I noticed in the Pershing (I have 471 view range and 30% Camo stationary) is that I keep getting outspotted compared to my other tier 8 MTs that have lesser stats in the same position on the same maps.  Any ideas why?

Ezz #5 Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:54 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72315 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
You'd have to put up replays or list specific examples of who is spotting, what the other tanks are, which bushes etc..

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Puggsley #6 Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:10 AM

Major

• 74761 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

US meds are generally great spotting tanks, doubt you would be outspotted in them compared to other same tier meds.

What crew and equipment are you running? What are the stats on your other tanks. 

T9 and TX are great tanks if you like hull down hill damage monsters who pick up a tonne of assist because of the great vision. 

spacewolf #7 Posted 22 June 2020 - 10:01 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 75892 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Even the tier 7 is a pretty good tank for a bit of fun, provided you can get a good slope to work that gun depression. 

Not fast by any measure, but then most Americans are fat and slow with hard heads. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

CardinalMite #8 Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:53 PM

Captain

• 31372 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I seem to recall the T20 being relatively quick in a straight line but turned like an ocean liner. Good view range, good alpha & penetration but low dpm, almost no armour.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

Bushvanker #9 Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:24 AM

Corporal

• 6238 battles
I like MT's that can flank quick, shoot quick and get out quick.  My ping and reaction time is too slow to get into a trading war (why I do so bad in HT's).   Note when I say reaction time I'm not talking lack of fast twitch fibres but registering what is going on around me, processing what is going on around me and reacting appropriately to what is going on around me.  I always seem to be 1-2 seconds behind everyone else.

Puggsley #10 Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:04 AM

Major

• 74761 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

To be honest its going to be easier to manage that with HTs than most other classes where you need a lot better overall awareness and reaction.

A lot of HT fighting can be organised around focusing on what one or two enemies are doing while MTs you need to be much more aware of everything.

If you want to develop that skill then lower tiers will be your friend as they are a lot more forgiving. 

Personally I found WoWS to be great at enhancing map awareness simply because it is a lot slower - the bad things happen more slowly, but you cannot react as fast so you need to be highly focused on the overall strategic situation. Really helped me in tanks from that perspective and also from a kiting defense when you need to do it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users