EBR Will (or probably will) Get Nerf

Nerf EBR Wheeled Vehicles LT Light Tanks

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

nadoblabla #1 Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:36 PM

Private

• 6708 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

So where are you [Content removed] who love to defend OP tanks by being denial or boasting that you can beat them while 2/3 player complain? Where are you [Content removed] who love to say things like this :

"Oh X is not OP at all"

"X is only OP on good player hand"

"X is not OP. I eat them daily for breakfast"

or any other kind of denial which covers up your insecurity, worrying that you will lose your lovely tank if it gets nerfed??

If you replace X with... EBR. 

Let me present you with the video from RagingRaptor...

Now the only thing is to ensure that this nerf will make it to the production server. Don't let those who said "ah now it's power creep", "uninstall, can't let them nerf my EBR 75 that I paid with my hard-earned money" get in our way. 

Enjoy the video and don't forget to give RagingRaptor thumbs up. nope, I don't get money from him. I simply feel he (and WG in this case) deserves a like if you do watch it.

Have a nice day everyone :-)

Insults.  Content removed, user warned.

~Wasaabi

nadoblabla #2 Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:46 PM

Private

• 6708 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

In case you hate RagingRaptor or you don't have data to watch YT videos, these are the nerfs. CMIIW, since I am in a hurry and I might miss some things.

To ALL Wheeled Vehicles (incl EBR 75 and lower tier wheeled)

- Hitting one tire will give a direct noticeable huge speed decrease. It will decrease much faster

- Hitting two tires will give it another major speed decrease compared to not hitting at all, albeit little changes compared to hitting only one tire

To EBR 105

- gun handling minor nerf (aim time, dispersion, and so on)

- View range 10 m nerf

- Speed minor nerf

- Engine fire chance from 10% to 15%

- Engine power nerf

To EBR 90

- Top speed/Reverse speed minor nerf

- Engine power minor nerf

For the exact detail, please visit RagingRaptor vids

Edited by nadoblabla, 24 June 2020 - 10:50 PM.

Ezz #3 Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:49 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72764 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Not sure on the preamble, you seen rather insecure about something or like you copped a bit of flack at some stage for something you'd posted, but you'll probably realise pretty quickly this isn't the na forums.

Beyond that I suspect the core issues with the ebrs will remain. Will obviously need to see how they perform but suspect they'll still be impactful and annoying enough for the pubbies to have a whine about.

Edited by Ezz, 24 June 2020 - 10:56 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

nadoblabla #4 Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:54 PM

Private

• 6708 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

View PostEzz, on 24 June 2020 - 09:49 PM, said:

Not sure on the preamble, you seen rather insecure about something or like you copped a bit of flack at some stage for something you'd posted, but you'll probably realise pretty quickly this isn't the na forums.

Beyond that I suspect the core issues with the ebrs will remain. Will obviously need to see how they perform but suspect they'll still be impactful and annoying enough for the pubbies to have a while about.

ah indeed. i just came back from EU forum and I am still annoyed with some people on EU defending OP tanks. I forgot that most of Asians do agree on the OP ones.

But still the context remain the same.

I feel sorry if somehow I offend anyone. Will delete those cringey stuff later. 

GoSpot #5 Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:58 PM

Private

• 751 battles
Lower the chances of wheeled vehicles receiving "critical damage". Instead, shave off its HP.

Ezz #6 Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:07 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 72764 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
That's the thing, the wheel shields will remain, as will the stupid maneuverability. The problem wg face is too much of a nerf and they'd quickly become as irrelevant as the brit lights.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Napalmer #7 Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:35 AM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 51116 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

What a horrid idea. -25km if an arty misses you and blows a wheel off and -45 if he hits two.

So basically SPG just have to hit the same continent as an EBR and eventually he will run out of repair kits and die.

As usual, balance team not playing the game...

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, KV-220-2, KV-1, T-34S, Chi-Nu-Kai, Hellcat, T37, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, King Tiger ©, T71 DA, IS-3, Super Pershing, T-54, E 50, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Strv 103B

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

FramFramson #8 Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:36 AM

Major

• 49113 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostNapalmer, on 24 June 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

What a horrid idea. -25km if an arty misses you and blows a wheel off and -45 if he hits two.

So basically SPG just have to hit the same continent as an EBR and eventually he will run out of repair kits and die.

As usual, balance team not playing the game...

EBRs being unplayable is a good thing for this game. Sorry Nappa.

Unless we get more high-speed tracked vehicles, or more LTs get that ridicluous auto-aim to hit fast moving targets, there is just too much of a disparity between a single tech tree and the entire rest of the game.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Napalmer #9 Posted 25 June 2020 - 04:26 AM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 51116 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

View PostFramFramson, on 25 June 2020 - 05:36 AM, said:

EBRs being unplayable is a good thing for this game. Sorry Nappa.

Unless we get more high-speed tracked vehicles, or more LTs get that ridicluous auto-aim to hit fast moving targets, there is just too much of a disparity between a single tech tree and the entire rest of the game.

It's more that tier 10 LT are under powered as a whole rather than the EBR being OP. You can thank the trash patch 9.18 for that.

Of the other tier 10 LT, in the words of Saffe himself, all of them are trash except for the T-100.

We nerf the EBR, T-100 becomes meta and only T-100s are used. Will players say the T-100 is OP then because of the gun handling, low profile, potential armour and speed?

It would make so much more sense if the other tier 10 LT were buffed in different ways.

For example, maybe the Rhm had stupidly high base VR, the WZ had a gun rivaling that of a MT, the 13 105 had a shorter reload making it a viable run and gun tank, sheridan has an alpha buff on the derp and a massive dpm buff on the 105mm, and the Manticore stupidly high camo but a high alpha gun. 490?

Idea being that each of them all play a bit differently, rather than the EBR simply being better because it's the fastest.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, KV-220-2, KV-1, T-34S, Chi-Nu-Kai, Hellcat, T37, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, King Tiger ©, T71 DA, IS-3, Super Pershing, T-54, E 50, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Strv 103B

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

mttspiii #10 Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:10 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33352 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

So the 75 won't be affected because premmie.

Yeah WG should've made the Lynx the premium instead. Or instead made the EBR 75 a tier 8.5, which means it meets tier 9 and X more than tier 8.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Ezz #11 Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:14 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 72764 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Agree that lights need work, but that wouldn't address the current issue of how broken the ebrs are. A bit of both would be ideal.

CardinalMite #12 Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:55 AM

Captain

• 31502 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The way wheeled tanks work means properly balancing them is going to be tricky. There will be a fine line between broken OP and broken UP.

WG should avoid what they usually do and be heavy handed with nerf/buffs then not touching for years. Instead they should do relatively small changes at a time, not because they would be expected to be the end state but to properly understand how they work with the meta. Then adjust further as necessary much sooner after than they traditionally do. 

Unfortunately though the ebr 75 almost certainly won't be touched as has ready been mentioned due it being a premium.

Sorry Napa but the fact they don't slow down much when wheels are hit is a large part of why they are broken. Possibly give them more health to compensate as they are very fragile, but the movement reduction is warranted when wheels are hit.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

_Sammich_ #13 Posted 25 June 2020 - 08:29 AM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 40633 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
It’s the [edited]physics that make them broken, the fact that they can turn and stop/ start on a dime which makes them very hard to hit.

Combined with the fact that they always right themselves, can pull off snap shots on the move because auto-aim, and successfully make suicidal yolo runs which they can somehow get away with makes then OP.

No other light tank can get away doing what wheelies do.
Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

Dieselnuts #14 Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:02 AM

Staff sergeant

• 16146 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS
The EBR 75 will have the slowed speed on wheel damage change.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #15 Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:58 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 81269 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View Postmttspiii, on 25 June 2020 - 05:10 AM, said:

So the 75 won't be affected because premmie.

Yeah WG should've made the Lynx the premium instead. Or instead made the EBR 75 a tier 8.5, which means it meets tier 9 and X more than tier 8.

On encounter an EBR will do 260 x 2 HE damage while the Lynx will do 240 AP, and EBR is faster. It makes no sense to play the Lynx or even own one.

pantsu-vor~

Still waiting for techtree-based CW

ckuu #16 Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:44 AM

wat

• 26909 battles
Bring on the nerfs, this is exactly what is needed imo.

mttspiii #17 Posted 25 June 2020 - 08:28 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33352 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 25 June 2020 - 10:58 AM, said:

On encounter an EBR will do 260 x 2 HE damage while the Lynx will do 240 AP, and EBR is faster. It makes no sense to play the Lynx or even own one.

Which is why it should be a premium while the ebr 75 becomes a tech tree tank.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

reviero #18 Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:53 AM

Private

• 14505 battles
h3h3 boiiiiiiiiiiii

LonesomeWombat #19 Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:07 AM

Private

• 269 battles
  • [WOMBA] WOMBA

View Postnadoblabla, on 24 June 2020 - 10:36 PM, said:

So where are you [Content removed] who love to defend OP tanks by being denial or boasting that you can beat them while 2/3 player complain? Where are you [Content removed] who love to say things like this :

"Oh X is not OP at all"

"X is only OP on good player hand"

"X is not OP. I eat them daily for breakfast"

or any other kind of denial which covers up your insecurity, worrying that you will lose your lovely tank if it gets nerfed??

If you replace X with... EBR. 

Let me present you with the video from RagingRaptor...

Now the only thing is to ensure that this nerf will make it to the production server. Don't let those who said "ah now it's power creep", "uninstall, can't let them nerf my EBR 75 that I paid with my hard-earned money" get in our way. 

Enjoy the video and don't forget to give RagingRaptor thumbs up. nope, I don't get money from him. I simply feel he (and WG in this case) deserves a like if you do watch it.

Have a nice day everyone :-)

Insults.  Content removed, user warned.

~Wasaabi

This is a polticially correct forum with a purple circle. Please read the 1001 rules so that you will know that's it's almost impossible to say jack shite.

imma_rage_quit #20 Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:12 AM

First lieutenant

• 28989 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostLonesomeWombat, on 26 June 2020 - 10:07 AM, said:

This is a polticially correct forum with a purple circle. Please read the 1001 rules so that you will know that's it's almost impossible to say jack shite.

[Content removed]

insults to Moderators/Admins.  Content removed, user sanctioned.

~Wasaabi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users