EBR Will (or probably will) Get Nerf

Nerf EBR Wheeled Vehicles LT Light Tanks

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Ezz #21 Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:32 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72760 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

It was pretty low grade, but it was entirely unnecessary in the first place. Basically added zero to the discussion.

Anyway, died in arty yesterday when an enemy ebr drive thru entire team at start on highway and killed all 3 of us before team responded. Perhaps a buff for team awareness while they are at it.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Puggsley #22 Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:23 AM

Major

• 74994 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostLonesomeWombat, on 26 June 2020 - 08:07 AM, said:

This is a polticially correct forum with a purple circle. Please read the 1001 rules so that you will know that's it's almost impossible to say jack shite.

You can say whatever you like, just expect robust debate.

Its not the post modern world where being offended is one of the worst things which can happen to someone.

_Sammich_ #23 Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:39 AM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 40580 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostEzz, on 25 June 2020 - 10:32 PM, said:

It was pretty low grade, but it was entirely unnecessary in the first place. Basically added zero to the discussion.

Anyway, died in arty yesterday when an enemy ebr drive thru entire team at start on highway and killed all 3 of us before team responded. Perhaps a buff for team awareness while they are at it.

Well, you were in arty so meh.  But yeah, wheelies are the only class in the game that has the ability to get away with that crap. Probably happened all within the first minute too?

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

Ezz #24 Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:48 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72760 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Post_Sammich_, on 26 June 2020 - 11:39 AM, said:

Well, you were in arty so meh.  But yeah, wheelies are the only class in the game that has the ability to get away with that crap. Probably happened all within the first minute too?

Sadly wg haven't sorted their HK routing post patch so i'm still at 240 so arty is it for the time being. And it was about 30s when he was spotted, and about 90s by the time he'd killed all 3 of us. Amusingly our ebr decided shortly thereafter to yolo their arty. And while the life of arty is near meaningless in the grand scheme of things, the farce of ebrs is even sillier.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

NameWasStolenStresslevel #25 Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:48 AM

Captain

• 48110 battles
Comment deleted

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 28 June 2020 - 03:07 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

NameWasStolenStresslevel #26 Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:56 AM

Captain

• 48110 battles
Comment deleted.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 28 June 2020 - 03:07 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Brave_Sir_Robin #27 Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:40 AM

Sergeant

• 21337 battles

EBRs are not being nerfed (maybe) because they ruin game play. The idea WG do anything to make the game better is laughable. They are being nerfed - including a premium - because players are quitting and the revenue is probably down. Check server populations and adjust for COVID stay at home effect.

The reasons these clown cars are a disaster should have been obvious - a game with maps developed for 40km/hr tanks now having 100km/hr tanks on the same sized maps should have been a huge red flag - but WG are only interested in revenue. On current trajectory the game in the EU and USA will start getting to player numbers that affect the MM in 3-5 years, while I have little doubt WG itself will start to attract greater attention from regulators as their game gets ever more suspicious (lets not talk about the probable tax dodging by a Nicosia based company shuffling money around tax havens). I suspect they'll pull the plug a few years after that outside Russia. So we've probably got another ten years.

mttspiii #28 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:30 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33352 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostBrave_Sir_Robin, on 08 July 2020 - 06:40 AM, said:

I suspect they'll pull the plug a few years after that outside Russia. So we've probably got another ten years.

Wait, hold up. So I can't retire alongside this game for another ten years??

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Saffelicious #29 Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:18 AM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 37877 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostNapalmer, on 25 June 2020 - 07:26 AM, said:

It's more that tier 10 LT are under powered as a whole rather than the EBR being OP. You can thank the trash patch 9.18 for that.

Of the other tier 10 LT, in the words of Saffe himself, all of them are trash except for the T-100.

We nerf the EBR, T-100 becomes meta and only T-100s are used. Will players say the T-100 is OP then because of the gun handling, low profile, potential armour and speed?

It would make so much more sense if the other tier 10 LT were buffed in different ways.

For example, maybe the Rhm had stupidly high base VR, the WZ had a gun rivaling that of a MT, the 13 105 had a shorter reload making it a viable run and gun tank, sheridan has an alpha buff on the derp and a massive dpm buff on the 105mm, and the Manticore stupidly high camo but a high alpha gun. 490?

Idea being that each of them all play a bit differently, rather than the EBR simply being better because it's the fastest.

That's been pretty much suggestion for ages. In reality all you do is applying a small buff to each LT, (the format of their individual play style is all ready there)

For clanwars T100 would probably still remain meta but again there will always be a meta tank.
How does the EBR fit in, honestly [edited] if I know but it was really poorly thought out by WG to start off with so just nerf it to the ground. 

Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

BadAtLightTanks #30 Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:08 AM

Corporal

• 9701 battles
The upcoming Nerfs to the EBRs are still not enough to entice me to resume playing the EVEN 90 again. If I get hit in my tracks, I come to a complete full stop, how come the EBRs still get to move at over 50 km/hr with them nerfs?

NameWasStolenStresslevel #31 Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:52 AM

Captain

• 48110 battles

At least they are not gonna nerf the premium EBR tier 8. Will keep gold just waiting for the next advent calendar sales. Its one of the most unique tanks in the game. 

The issue with EBRs seems more to do with the fact that people just dont even try hitting them or ignore them/dont even see they coming and then complain about the EBR while on the post mortem screen later (and these peoples are usually on your team, thats the problem).

It reminds the situation this game is right now

"Ah why improving  at all if its all hacks anyways?"

"ah why try to win if its all lucky"?

"why try to hit that if RNG wont allow me"

"if u hit an EBR, u just lucky"

Pretty sure lots of people can relate to what I am saying if they are long enough time playing this game. At least EBRs need to drive their tanks and are physically in line of fire with you, but SPGs can do much more harm when combined with EBRs, but SPGs are not even in line of fire. Of course which one you think the communty will want to be nerfed?

say whatever you want, its well deserved that this game is getting to such state, corridor maps with 3 spgs every game, its clearly the comunity who asked for this, once the EBRs get nerfed this will give more power to other tanks, then again there will be another community complaints to nerf it, and then again, again and again..

its a vicious cicle.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 13 July 2020 - 10:53 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

geforce_8800gt_512mb #32 Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:51 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 57119 battles
  • [-GX-] -GX-
PLZ............ dont nerf the EBR 75 FL.... WG..........  :angry:

Edited by geforce_8800gt_512mb, 14 July 2020 - 12:58 PM.

_Sammich_ #33 Posted 14 July 2020 - 02:33 PM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 40580 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View Postgeforce_8800gt_512mb, on 14 July 2020 - 04:51 AM, said:

No, please nerf the tank with [edited]speed, physics, and aiming.

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

_Sp4rtacus_ #34 Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:05 AM

Sergeant

• 12635 battles

View Postgeforce_8800gt_512mb, on 14 July 2020 - 01:51 PM, said:

WG if you nerf this tank i want my money back.

I play this tank mainly in FL , i cant master it in randoms . (Yer just say run around like a clown right ? )

Dont know why people complain about them , the view range is crap , so they have to go fairly deep into

enemy territory , shoot the wheels , slows them down until repaired .

And at that slow pace they are easily picked off . If im playing SPG i just target them waiting for them to be

" Tracked " or run into a brick wall then finish them off .

There are other tanks way more problematic than EBR's . 279(e) for example . Chieftain ? 

In saying that (ONE) EBR is enough and 2 SPG is more than enough , my 2 cents anyway .

Edited by _Sp4rtacus_, 15 July 2020 - 11:40 AM.

nadoblabla #35 Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:32 PM

Private

• 6708 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

just found out today that ebr 105 has greater camo than t100lt.

totally speechless. hopefully this nerf will do something to them. What kind of logic is a fast moving vehicle is more "hidden" than the slow and carefully played passive LT? It's not ninja since it's ultra obvious that they are zig zagging across map. Even in, for example, Fallout games, you can only successfully steal from someone's pocket if you sneak, not running. 

I think they should have their camo reduced if they reach their top speed. Bah I no longer care! For me, the game really starts if the enemy EBR dead. I don't care with our EBR.

nadoblabla #36 Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:39 PM

Private

• 6708 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

View Post_Sp4rtacus_, on 15 July 2020 - 09:05 AM, said:

I play this tank mainly in FL , i cant master it in randoms . (Yer just say run around like a clown right ? )

Dont know why people complain about them , the view range is crap , so they have to go fairly deep into

And at that slow pace they are easily picked off . If im playing SPG i just target them waiting for them to be

There are other tanks way more problematic than EBR's . 279(e) for example . Chieftain ? 

In saying that (ONE) EBR is enough and 2 SPG is more than enough , my 2 cents anyway .

I  respect your opinion sir, but I believe this is the reason why WG will never ever nerf premium tanks,  even if it's for the sake of greater good and the longevity of the game. Each time they want to nerf premium... Super Pershing, Progetto 46, EBR 75... I simply shake my head in disappointment. Again and again, the player base, knowing perfectly well that the game is unbalanced, yet the mentality "nerf this nerf that, but not mine!" arise. 

No one really cares about the balance I guess. If players welcome these Progetto 46 and EBR 75 changes, pretty sure that they might start nerf other premium as well, opening a path to a better game without OP s***. Of course OP is not when you or I say it's OP, but it's when more than half of the player base say it's OP, which is "democratic" and actually the case. But oh well, as I said earlier, I respect your opinion.

nadoblabla #37 Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:42 PM

Private

• 6708 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

View Post_Sp4rtacus_, on 15 July 2020 - 09:05 AM, said:

but I am agree that EBR 75 is not a big problem in tier 8, but it should get nerf anyway since they are changing the mechanics of the vehicle class, not the technical characteristics on EBR 75 itself. But yeah... a special case is needed just for premium

mttspiii #38 Posted 20 July 2020 - 07:16 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33352 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View Postnadoblabla, on 20 July 2020 - 12:32 PM, said:

just found out today that ebr 105 has greater camo than t100lt.

totally speechless. hopefully this nerf will do something to them. What kind of logic is a fast moving vehicle is more "hidden" than the slow and carefully played passive LT? It's not ninja since it's ultra obvious that they are zig zagging across map. Even in, for example, Fallout games, you can only successfully steal from someone's pocket if you sneak, not running. 

I think they should have their camo reduced if they reach their top speed. Bah I no longer care! For me, the game really starts if the enemy EBR dead. I don't care with our EBR.

It's to make sure the EBR's 6th Sense doesn't go off until it's too deep within enemy lines to extricate itself unharmed.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users