collector grind guide Kylie

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

mttspiii #1 Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:51 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33254 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

Hi there, are you familiar with Collector's Vehicles? It's a new change, just this last patch. What it did was declutter the tech tree and prune off a lot of tanks from the tech tree.

Despite being removed from the tech tree, they still are accessible in-game. Just press that thing in the yellow circle:

From there you'd see a lot of tanks. A dizzying variety of tanks.

"So what?", you'd ask. "All I want is to get to tier X quickly." Well, what if I tell you that certain Collector's Vehicles can make your grind easier and faster?

"How??" Simple: they unlock certain modules easier. Take for example the 5 cm Kw.K. 38 L/42 at tier 3:

Normally, that module costs 500xp, so around 2-6 battles in the tier 3 Pz.III E.

Alternatively, you can unlock it in the tier 4 Luchs.

But what if I tell you that you could actually research that gun without even spending precious Experience Points?

Enter the Collectors' Vehicles tab, and take a look at this Pz.IV A. Upon reaching tier 2, you unlock Collectors' Tanks of the same tier and lower, which opens up a lot of tanks for the German tech tree.

And when you buy it, this is (exactly) what you get:

It comes with the 5 cm Kw.K. 38 L/42 as standard. Buying this Pz.IV A automatically unlocks the gun for all German tanks that use this gun, including both the tier 3 Pz.III E and tier 4 Luchs in the grind tech tree. Thus, you don't have to research them, just buy them.

This also means that buying the Pz.IV A automatically gives you the best gun for the Pz.III E, making your grind in it way easier and faster.

And if your eyesight is sharp enough, you'd also notice that the Pz.IV A also has a 2nd gun to unlock and research: the 7,5 cm Kw.K. 37 L/24. So where in the tech tree do you see this gun again?

On the tier 4 Pz.III J, one tier higher. This gun also unlocks the research for the VK30.01 (H), opening up the entire German HT line (Tigers, E 100's, Maus). All for 800xp, in a tank which lets you grind the gun earlier so that once you get to tier 4, you already get a decent set of guns instead of struggling with crappy ones.

And no, if you're wondering, you'd have to buy the tank first to get the free module research. Merely unlocking them via tier isn't enough.

******************************************************************************************************************************

So anyway, there's a lot of Collector's Vehicles, and not all of them would speed up your grind.

This is what this post is about: Listing Collector's Vehicles which can unlock modules more efficiently than Tech Tree tanks.

Note: I've narrowed down the list specifically to which modules would ease up the grind a lot. Some Collector's Vehicles can also unlock other modules, but are not listed because Tech Tree tanks can unlock that module just as easily as Collector's Vehicle ones:

WARNING: Long, boring stream of text ahead.

Notes:

Stock. Just buy the tank to unlock the module. Sell it afterwards for a refund and Bingo!...instantly-researched module

Grind. You'd still have to grind the Collector's Vehicle, but it's easier to grind it on this tank than on any Tech Tree tank

Germany

- Pz. IV A:

5 cm Kw.K. (stock gun on Pz.IV A is also the Pz.III E elite gun),

7,5 cm Kw.K. (800xp to grind for the Pz.III J elite gun)

- Hetzer:

7,5 cm Stu.K. 40 L/43 (StuG III B because Hetzer's stock gun is actually StuG's 2nd gun),

7,5 cm Pak 39 (3,400xp) & 10,5 cm Stu.H. 42 (3,800xp) can be researched with either tank, except the StuG III B comes with elite engine from the fully-researched Pz. III E while Hetzer has to research 4 engines. To compensate, Hetzer is better-armored and way more fun.

- Pz. IV D:

Maybach HL 120 TR (2nd engine on tier 3 Pz. III E. Sure, it's on the Pz. IV D, but you'd need to get to tier 4 first - via researching the Luchs - to get this engine for free)

- Pz.Sfl. IVC:

Maybach HL 90 (elite engine on Luchs. Firstly, go up to tier 5 via Pz.IV H or VK30.01 (H), buy this toaster, sell it immediately, then go back to tier 4 Luchs to get this important engine upgrade, for free!),

Maybach HL 100 (1,500xp for the elite engine on tier 9 Waffentrager auf Pz. IV, but you can always research it on the Waffentrager instead)

- VK 30.01 D:

7,5 cm Kw.K. 40 L/48 (elite gun on Pz. IV H, grinding gun on VK 30.01 (H). Get to tier 6 via either LT, TD, or SPG line, buy this tank, then sell it immediately to instantly ease up your MT/HT grinds)

So optimized grind is:

- at tier 3, buy Pz. IV A, get both guns, sell.

Grind Pz. II G to unlock tier 4 Luchs

- at tier 4, buy Pz. IV D, sell immediately.

Buy Hetzer.

Go back to Pz. III E now with better guns (from Pz. IV A) and better engine (from Pz. IV D), and grind to unlock tier 4 via StuG III B. Your choice if you want to upgrade StuG III B's guns thru itself or thru Hetzer, your choice if you unlock Grille or StuG III G. Just make sure to use the StuG III B to unlock tier 5

- at tier 5, buy Pz. Sfl. IVC, sell immediately.

Go back to tier 4 Luchs and enjoy that doubled engine horsepower as you grind onwards.

Grind on to tier 6 via either Hummel, Nashorn, or VK 28.01.

- at tier 6, buy VK 30.01 D, sell immediately. Now your Pz. IV H and VK 30.01 (H) have a better gun for free.

U.S.S.R.

- T-46:

45 mm 20K (elite gun on BT-2 a tier lower, so unlock tier 3 via T-60 instead),

76 mm L-10 (400xp, grind gun for tier 4 T-28 so you don't suffer with the piss-poor pen of T-28's stock gun)

45 mm VT-42 (850xp, grind gun for tier 3 T-70 if you want to unlock it with a different tank. Elite gun for tier 4 A-20 as well)

37 mm Automatic SH-37 (2,600xp, "elite" gun for tier 4 A-20, technically speaking)

- SU-85B:

76 mm ZiS-3 (elite gun for SU-76M)

57 mm ZiS-2 (4,000xp, other elite gun for SU-76M. Technically can be researched via SU-76M, but SU-85B is better so it's easier to grind guns with it)

- KV-85:

V-2K (elite engine for KV-1)

122 mm D-2-5T (17,000xp, near-elite gun for KV-3 and IS. Practically the same as elite gun, just fires slower)

- SU-14-1:

152 mm Howitzer ML-20 mod. 1931 (elite gun for SU-8, though SU-14-1 is tier 7 and SU-8 is tier 6 so get to tier 7 via other tanks instead)

M-17T (elite engine for tier 4 T-28, grind engine for tier 5 T-34)

So optimized grind is:
- at tier 1, via MS-1, grind T-60

- at tier 2, via T-60, grind T-70 and 37 mm ZiS-19 (grind gun for tier 3 T-70, tier 3 T-46, tier 4 BT-7, and tier 5 A-20)

- at tier 3, buy T-46 so you get 45mm 20K (tier 2 BT-2's elite gun). You already have 37 mm ZiS-19 (from T-60) to make grind to 76 mm L-10 (T-28 grind gun) easier, then sell afterwards.

Via T-70, grind 45 mm VT-42 (850xp, elite gun for tier 5 A-20) and M-80 (240xp, elite engine for SU-76M, SU-85B, SU-122A).

Grind BT-5 too, but with great suffering since neither Tech Tree nor Collector can unlock your modules.

- at tier 4, buy SU-85B to unlock 76 mm ZiS-3 (SU-76M elite gun), grind to unlock 57 mm ZiS-2 (SU-76M's other elite gun).

Via SU-76M, grind SU-85 and elite everything.

Grind the USSR TD line first all the way to tier 7 to unlock KV-85 (at tier 6) and SU-14-1 (at tier 7) to maximize the free modules.

Via T-28, you already have 76 mm L-10 grind gun from T-46 and M-17T elite engine from SU-14-1. Grind 57 mm ZiS-4 (elite gun for T-34)

Via BT-7, you already have 37 mm ZiS-19 grind gun from T-60, M-17T grind engine from SU-14-1, and V-2 elite engine from SU-85. Grind T-34 first to unlock 76 mm L-11 (elite gun for A-20)

Grind everything you want at tier 4 at this point; all tanks in this tier got their free modules already

- at tier 5, going SU-85 first makes the tier 4 BT-7 much easier

Via T-34, you already have 57 mm ZiS-4 from T-28, and presumably V-2-34 elite engine if you unlocked them from the TD lines.

Via KV-1, you already have V-2K elite engine from KV-85

Via A-20, you already have 45 mm VT-42 from either T-70 or T-46, 37 mm Automatic SH-37 from T-46, 76 mm L-11 from T-34, 37 mm ZiS-19 from T-60, and possibly V-2-34 from a grinded SU-85 or T-34.

Grind everything you want

- at tier 6, grinding KV-85 for the 122 mm makes your IS and KV-3 grinds easier.

Via SU-8, you already have the 152 mm howitzer from SU-14-1 for free. All those modules just criss-cross with each other on the normal Tech Tree tanks, which is beyond the scope of this guide.

U.S.A.

- T56 GMC:

3-inch AT Gun M7 (elite gun for tier 4 M8A1)

Continental W-670 (grind engine for M3 Stuart)

57 mm Gun M1 (2,350xp, other elite gun for tier 4 M8A1, but comes for free when you buy the tier 5 T67)

- M2 Medium:

37 mm Gun M5 (optional elite gun for M2 Light and required grind gun for M3 Stuart, but comes for free with every purchase of M2 Medium)

- M7 Priest:

Wright Continental R-975C1 (grind engine for M4A1 Sherman, but you already unlock its elite engine from the preceding T6 Medium so it's redundant)

- T67:

57 mm Gun M1 (other elite gun for tier 4 M8A1)

- M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo:

76 mm Gun M1A2 (4,600xp, elite gun for M4A3E8 Sherman but it's easier to grind with the Jumbo)

Ford GAA (11,000xp, elite engine for M4A3E8 Sherman but it's easier to grind with the Jumbo)

- T71 DA:

76 mm Gun T185E (11,200xp, elite gun for T71 CMCD but it *might* be easier to grind in the DA for autoloader aficionados)

Continental AOI-628-2 (10,000xp, elite engine for T71 CMCD but it *might* be easier to grind in the DA for autoloader aficionados)

So optimized grind is: Buy those tanks with blue modules and sell them off. Check the tier of the Collector's Vehicle, versus the tank you'd use to grind up to that tier, versus the tank who'd get free modules from the Collector's Vehicle. M4A3E2 and T71 DA are just sidequests to make their main grinds (M4A3E8 and T71 CMCD respectively) easier.

Japan

- Ke-Ni:

37 mm Gun Type 100 (grind gun for Type 97 Chi-Ha)

- O-I Experimental:

Gun 7,5 cm Tank Gun Type 3 (2,350xp, grind gun for Type 3 Chi-Nu but the grind is easier in the O-I Experimental)

​Gun 7,5 cm Tank Gun Type 3 (3,800xp, elite gun for Type 3 Chi-Nu but the grind is easier in the O-I Experimental)

So optimized grind is:

Buy Ke-Ni, sell Ke-Ni.

Grind the O-I Experimental's guns. Engines are the same for O-I Experimental all the way to Type 4 Heavy so it's your choice on what tank in the line you want it to research; not like its effects are noticeable anyway.

China

122 mm 60-122T (elite gun for WZ-120; that's 59,000xp worth of savings and a tier X HT as bonus, just by getting a Chinese tier X HT/LT/TD) 

So optimized grind is:

Grind MT line only after buying 113. Grind HT line first before MT line to unlock the guns one tier lower.

U.K.

- Sexton II:

Wright Continental R-975C4 (1,500xp, elite engine for Firefly. I know it's weird recommending a Collector's to speed up the grind of a Collector's, but unlocking this engine makes the Firefly grind easier, which is very important for mid-tier UK grinding. As an SPG, your engine is not as critical as compared to a medium tank like Firefly, and it's a direct grind to the elite engine. Unlike the Sherman III which has 2 more roadblock engine modules to grind before unlocking this engine, which sets you back an additional 1,400+1,480=2,880xp. The Firefly has only 1 roadblock engine module, but that's still ~1,400xp wasted, which is XP better off spent unlocking the 105 mm M4 derp gun (1,500xp) on the Firefly so you don't have to grind through the Sherman III and its turret (2,700xp) just to unlock the grind gun 76 mm M1A1. Besides, derp gun is still decent at tier 6 and will suffice until you unlock the rest of the Firefly's guns)

- Firefly:

OQF 17-pdr Gun Mk. VII (15,000xp, grind gun for Centurion Mk. I, elite gun for Black Prince. Highly important grind to unlock the higher-tier UK MT's at tier 8 or UK HT's at tier 7, so much that I'd recommend doing a tier 3 Collector's Vehicle "sidequest" to optimize the Firefly grind first)

- Archer:

OQF 17-pdr AT Gun Mk. VII (15,000xp, elite gun for AT 8, Achilles, and Challenger. Quirky, optional, but will help a lot if your grind stalls at the tier 6 TD's)

- Churchill Gun Carrier:

OQF 32-pdr AT Gun (16,200xp, elite gun for AT 15)

So optimized grind is: it depends, really.

- Firefly can grind the OQF 17-pdr Gun Mk.VII better at tier 6 than the Black Prince at tier 7, much more the Centurion Mk.I at tier 8.

- Archer, is an awkward tank with its "reverse is faster" gimmick. If you find Archer unplayable, it's easier to grind the OQF 17-pdr AT Gun Mk.VII in the Achilles or AT 8.

- Churchill GC is a very awkward tank who's in the list because its OQF 32-pdr AT gun is a grind gun for the AT 15. However, the AT 15 also has an alternate grind gun: the OQF 20-pdr AT Gun Type A Barrel it inherited from the elite AT 7; both are equally decent grind guns so it's up to you on your preferred gun.

- General tips: Cavalier unlocks the Crusader's guns easier and a tier lower, Conway's stock gun is Tortoise's elite gun so grind Conway first, and if you want to go straight to the elite engines for the Sherman III and Firefly you can bypass the extraneous engine modules by grinding for the elite engines directly via Sexton II

France

- AMX 30

90 mm F3 (elite gun for tier 6 ARL 44, which means you grinded up to tier 9 in either LT, TD, or SPG just to get a 15,000xp discount in research. Alternatively, you could research the tech-tree Bat.-Chatillon 25 t AP, also at tier 9, also has the 90 mm F3 as stock gun, thus unlocking it just as well as the AMX 30.)

So optimized grind is:

Stop HT grind at BDR G1B. Go up the LT line, unlock Bat.-Chatillon 25t AP to unlock ARL 44's elite gun for free. Alternatively, if you have a ton of credits and went up the TD, SPG, or LT line first, just buy the AMX 30. This also unlocks the ARL 44's elite gun for free as well.

**************************************************************************************************

And I think that's all the Collector's Vehicles that do help speed up the grind. The rest of the countries don't have Collectors Vehicles, or if they do, don't speed up research at all.

Edited by mttspiii, 26 June 2020 - 06:29 PM.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Ezz #2 Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:28 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72315 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Awesome mttttspiiiii.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:38 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 80827 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS
Something that WG definitely missed

pantsu-vor~

Stewy_Jay_Peed #4 Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:08 PM

Sergeant

• 22041 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS
A+ mate. Love this post. Great detail and explains some things many (Including myself) didnt even realise. Will definately link this forum page to anyone new to the game who asks for tips

mttspiii #5 Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:42 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33254 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

Yeah, one of the things I loved in "old" WoT was how the modules all matched up with each other, on different tanks, so part of the game was figuring out the right tank to grind first to make the grind easier and faster. This was very prevalent in the older tech trees, and the older tanks, which is why a detailed guide for the German, USSR, and USA trees were needed.

Unfortunately, the newer tech trees did not retain this same level of module inter-research (presumably to make more XP sinks), thus the ease of unlocking modules on them have become very sparse. Even older tanks had this inter-research cut as well:

- The WZ-132 tier 8 LT used to unlock a grind gun for the WZ-120 tier 9 MT (thankfully the 110 and 113 still inter-researches well with WZ-120),

- the 20-pdr can be unlocked with either Centurion Mk.1 or the pre-32-pdr Caernarvon

- all the guns that should have come for free with M7 and T21 were disabled with the letter "L". 76 mm Gun M1A1L, 76 mm Gun M1A2L; even the engines used to be inter-researchable: the M7 Medium Tank (pre-rebalance) could unlock the engines of all the Shermans, the T21 Light tank (pre-rebalance) could, at tier 6, unlock all the engines needed by the tier 7 T20, T25 AT, T25/2, and even tier 8 Pershings

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

agentfrost #6 Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:41 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 60676 battles
  • [WAFKS] WAFKS
you're a genius mitspii :)

AKASHA178 #7 Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:13 AM

Smurfette

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 42954 battles
  • [FUNI] FUNI

View Postmttspiii, on 26 June 2020 - 12:51 AM, said:

Hi there, are you familiar with Collector's Vehicles? It's a new change, just this last patch. What it did was declutter the tech tree and prune off a lot of tanks from the tech tree.

Despite being removed from the tech tree, they still are accessible in-game. Just press that thing in the yellow circle:

From there you'd see a lot of tanks. A dizzying variety of tanks.

"So what?", you'd ask. "All I want is to get to tier X quickly." Well, what if I tell you that certain Collector's Vehicles can make your grind easier and faster?

"How??" Simple: they unlock certain modules easier. Take for example the 5 cm Kw.K. 38 L/42 at tier 3:

Normally, that module costs 500xp, so around 2-6 battles in the tier 3 Pz.III E.

Alternatively, you can unlock it in the tier 4 Luchs.

But what if I tell you that you could actually research that gun without even spending precious Experience Points?

Enter the Collectors' Vehicles tab, and take a look at this Pz.IV A. Upon reaching tier 2, you unlock Collectors' Tanks of the same tier and lower, which opens up a lot of tanks for the German tech tree.

And when you buy it, this is (exactly) what you get:

It comes with the 5 cm Kw.K. 38 L/42 as standard. Buying this Pz.IV A automatically unlocks the gun for all German tanks that use this gun, including both the tier 3 Pz.III E and tier 4 Luchs in the grind tech tree. Thus, you don't have to research them, just buy them.

This also means that buying the Pz.IV A automatically gives you the best gun for the Pz.III E, making your grind in it way easier and faster.

And if your eyesight is sharp enough, you'd also notice that the Pz.IV A also has a 2nd gun to unlock and research: the 7,5 cm Kw.K. 37 L/24. So where in the tech tree do you see this gun again?

On the tier 4 Pz.III J, one tier higher. This gun also unlocks the research for the VK30.01 (H), opening up the entire German HT line (Tigers, E 100's, Maus). All for 800xp, in a tank which lets you grind the gun earlier so that once you get to tier 4, you already get a decent set of guns instead of struggling with crappy ones.

And no, if you're wondering, you'd have to buy the tank first to get the free module research. Merely unlocking them via tier isn't enough.

******************************************************************************************************************************

So anyway, there's a lot of Collector's Vehicles, and not all of them would speed up your grind.

This is what this post is about: Listing Collector's Vehicles which can unlock modules more efficiently than Tech Tree tanks.

Note: I've narrowed down the list specifically to which modules would ease up the grind a lot. Some Collector's Vehicles can also unlock other modules, but are not listed because Tech Tree tanks can unlock that module just as easily as Collector's Vehicle ones:

WARNING: Long, boring stream of text ahead.

Notes:

Stock. Just buy the tank to unlock the module. Sell it afterwards for a refund and Bingo!...instantly-researched module

Grind. You'd still have to grind the Collector's Vehicle, but it's easier to grind it on this tank than on any Tech Tree tank

Germany

- Pz. IV A:

5 cm Kw.K. (stock gun on Pz.IV A is also the Pz.III E elite gun),

7,5 cm Kw.K. (800xp to grind for the Pz.III J elite gun)

- Hetzer:

7,5 cm Stu.K. 40 L/43 (StuG III B because Hetzer's stock gun is actually StuG's 2nd gun),

7,5 cm Pak 39 (3,400xp) & 10,5 cm Stu.H. 42 (3,800xp) can be researched with either tank, except the StuG III B comes with elite engine from the fully-researched Pz. III E while Hetzer has to research 4 engines. To compensate, Hetzer is better-armored and way more fun.

- Pz. IV D:

Maybach HL 120 TR (2nd engine on tier 3 Pz. III E. Sure, it's on the Pz. IV D, but you'd need to get to tier 4 first - via researching the Luchs - to get this engine for free)

- Pz.Sfl. IVC:

Maybach HL 90 (elite engine on Luchs. Firstly, go up to tier 5 via Pz.IV H or VK30.01 (H), buy this toaster, sell it immediately, then go back to tier 4 Luchs to get this important engine upgrade, for free!),

Maybach HL 100 (1,500xp for the elite engine on tier 9 Waffentrager auf Pz. IV, but you can always research it on the Waffentrager instead)

- VK 30.01 D:

7,5 cm Kw.K. 40 L/48 (elite gun on Pz. IV H, grinding gun on VK 30.01 (H). Get to tier 6 via either LT, TD, or SPG line, buy this tank, then sell it immediately to instantly ease up your MT/HT grinds)

So optimized grind is:

- at tier 3, buy Pz. IV A, get both guns, sell.

Grind Pz. II G to unlock tier 4 Luchs

- at tier 4, buy Pz. IV D, sell immediately.

Buy Hetzer.

Go back to Pz. III E now with better guns (from Pz. IV A) and better engine (from Pz. IV D), and grind to unlock tier 4 via StuG III B. Your choice if you want to upgrade StuG III B's guns thru itself or thru Hetzer, your choice if you unlock Grille or StuG III G. Just make sure to use the StuG III B to unlock tier 5

- at tier 5, buy Pz. Sfl. IVC, sell immediately.

Go back to tier 4 Luchs and enjoy that doubled engine horsepower as you grind onwards.

Grind on to tier 6 via either Hummel, Nashorn, or VK 28.01.

- at tier 6, buy VK 30.01 D, sell immediately. Now your Pz. IV H and VK 30.01 (H) have a better gun for free.

U.S.S.R.

- T-46:

45 mm 20K (elite gun on BT-2 a tier lower, so unlock tier 3 via T-60 instead),

76 mm L-10 (400xp, grind gun for tier 4 T-28 so you don't suffer with the piss-poor pen of T-28's stock gun)

45 mm VT-42 (850xp, grind gun for tier 3 T-70 if you want to unlock it with a different tank. Elite gun for tier 4 A-20 as well)

37 mm Automatic SH-37 (2,600xp, "elite" gun for tier 4 A-20, technically speaking)

- SU-85B:

76 mm ZiS-3 (elite gun for SU-76M)

57 mm ZiS-2 (4,000xp, other elite gun for SU-76M. Technically can be researched via SU-76M, but SU-85B is better so it's easier to grind guns with it)

- KV-85:

V-2K (elite engine for KV-1)

122 mm D-2-5T (17,000xp, near-elite gun for KV-3 and IS. Practically the same as elite gun, just fires slower)

- SU-14-1:

152 mm Howitzer ML-20 mod. 1931 (elite gun for SU-8, though SU-14-1 is tier 7 and SU-8 is tier 6 so get to tier 7 via other tanks instead)

M-17T (elite engine for tier 4 T-28, grind engine for tier 5 T-34)

So optimized grind is:
- at tier 1, via MS-1, grind T-60

- at tier 2, via T-60, grind T-70 and 37 mm ZiS-19 (grind gun for tier 3 T-70, tier 3 T-46, tier 4 BT-7, and tier 5 A-20)

- at tier 3, buy T-46 so you get 45mm 20K (tier 2 BT-2's elite gun). You already have 37 mm ZiS-19 (from T-60) to make grind to 76 mm L-10 (T-28 grind gun) easier, then sell afterwards.

Via T-70, grind 45 mm VT-42 (850xp, elite gun for tier 5 A-20) and M-80 (240xp, elite engine for SU-76M, SU-85B, SU-122A).

Grind BT-5 too, but with great suffering since neither Tech Tree nor Collector can unlock your modules.

- at tier 4, buy SU-85B to unlock 76 mm ZiS-3 (SU-76M elite gun), grind to unlock 57 mm ZiS-2 (SU-76M's other elite gun).

Via SU-76M, grind SU-85 and elite everything.

Grind the USSR TD line first all the way to tier 7 to unlock KV-85 (at tier 6) and SU-14-1 (at tier 7) to maximize the free modules.

Via T-28, you already have 76 mm L-10 grind gun from T-46 and M-17T elite engine from SU-14-1. Grind 57 mm ZiS-4 (elite gun for T-34)

Via BT-7, you already have 37 mm ZiS-19 grind gun from T-60, M-17T grind engine from SU-14-1, and V-2 elite engine from SU-85. Grind T-34 first to unlock 76 mm L-11 (elite gun for A-20)

Grind everything you want at tier 4 at this point; all tanks in this tier got their free modules already

- at tier 5, going SU-85 first makes the tier 4 BT-7 much easier

Via T-34, you already have 57 mm ZiS-4 from T-28, and presumably V-2-34 elite engine if you unlocked them from the TD lines.

Via KV-1, you already have V-2K elite engine from KV-85

Via A-20, you already have 45 mm VT-42 from either T-70 or T-46, 37 mm Automatic SH-37 from T-46, 76 mm L-11 from T-34, 37 mm ZiS-19 from T-60, and possibly V-2-34 from a grinded SU-85 or T-34.

Grind everything you want

- at tier 6, grinding KV-85 for the 122 mm makes your IS and KV-3 grinds easier.

Via SU-8, you already have the 152 mm howitzer from SU-14-1 for free. All those modules just criss-cross with each other on the normal Tech Tree tanks, which is beyond the scope of this guide.

U.S.A.

- T56 GMC:

3-inch AT Gun M7 (elite gun for tier 4 M8A1)

Continental W-670 (grind engine for M3 Stuart)

57 mm Gun M1 (2,350xp, other elite gun for tier 4 M8A1, but comes for free when you buy the tier 5 T67)

- M2 Medium:

37 mm Gun M5 (optional elite gun for M2 Light and required grind gun for M3 Stuart, but comes for free with every purchase of M2 Medium)

- M7 Priest:

Wright Continental R-975C1 (grind engine for M4A1 Sherman, but you already unlock its elite engine from the preceding T6 Medium so it's redundant)

- T67:

57 mm Gun M1 (other elite gun for tier 4 M8A1)

- M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo:

76 mm Gun M1A2 (4,600xp, elite gun for M4A3E8 Sherman but it's easier to grind with the Jumbo)

Ford GAA (11,000xp, elite engine for M4A3E8 Sherman but it's easier to grind with the Jumbo)

- T71 DA:

76 mm Gun T185E (11,200xp, elite gun for T71 CMCD but it *might* be easier to grind in the DA for autoloader aficionados)

Continental AOI-628-2 (10,000xp, elite engine for T71 CMCD but it *might* be easier to grind in the DA for autoloader aficionados)

So optimized grind is: Buy those tanks with blue modules and sell them off. Check the tier of the Collector's Vehicle, versus the tank you'd use to grind up to that tier, versus the tank who'd get free modules from the Collector's Vehicle. M4A3E2 and T71 DA are just sidequests to make their main grinds (M4A3E8 and T71 CMCD respectively) easier.

Japan

- Ke-Ni:

37 mm Gun Type 100 (grind gun for Type 97 Chi-Ha)

- O-I Experimental:

Gun 7,5 cm Tank Gun Type 3 (2,350xp, grind gun for Type 3 Chi-Nu but the grind is easier in the O-I Experimental)

​Gun 7,5 cm Tank Gun Type 3 (3,800xp, elite gun for Type 3 Chi-Nu but the grind is easier in the O-I Experimental)

So optimized grind is:

Buy Ke-Ni, sell Ke-Ni.

Grind the O-I Experimental's guns. Engines are the same for O-I Experimental all the way to Type 4 Heavy so it's your choice on what tank in the line you want it to research; not like its effects are noticeable anyway.

China

122 mm 60-122T (elite gun for WZ-120; that's 59,000xp worth of savings and a tier X HT as bonus, just by getting a Chinese tier X HT/LT/TD) 

So optimized grind is:

Grind MT line only after buying 113. Grind HT line first before MT line to unlock the guns one tier lower.

U.K.

- Sexton II:

Wright Continental R-975C4 (1,500xp, elite engine for Firefly. I know it's weird recommending a Collector's to speed up the grind of a Collector's, but unlocking this engine makes the Firefly grind easier, which is very important for mid-tier UK grinding. As an SPG, your engine is not as critical as compared to a medium tank like Firefly, and it's a direct grind to the elite engine. Unlike the Sherman III which has 2 more roadblock engine modules to grind before unlocking this engine, which sets you back an additional 1,400+1,480=2,880xp. The Firefly has only 1 roadblock engine module, but that's still ~1,400xp wasted, which is XP better off spent unlocking the 105 mm M4 derp gun (1,500xp) on the Firefly so you don't have to grind through the Sherman III and its turret (2,700xp) just to unlock the grind gun 76 mm M1A1. Besides, derp gun is still decent at tier 6 and will suffice until you unlock the rest of the Firefly's guns)

- Firefly:

OQF 17-pdr Gun Mk. VII (15,000xp, grind gun for Centurion Mk. I, elite gun for Black Prince. Highly important grind to unlock the higher-tier UK MT's at tier 8 or UK HT's at tier 7, so much that I'd recommend doing a tier 3 Collector's Vehicle "sidequest" to optimize the Firefly grind first)

- Archer:

OQF 17-pdr AT Gun Mk. VII (15,000xp, elite gun for AT 8, Achilles, and Challenger. Quirky, optional, but will help a lot if your grind stalls at the tier 6 TD's)

- Churchill Gun Carrier:

OQF 32-pdr AT Gun (16,200xp, elite gun for AT 15)

So optimized grind is: it depends, really.

- Firefly can grind the OQF 17-pdr Gun Mk.VII better at tier 6 than the Black Prince at tier 7, much more the Centurion Mk.I at tier 8.

- Archer, is an awkward tank with its "reverse is faster" gimmick. If you find Archer unplayable, it's easier to grind the OQF 17-pdr AT Gun Mk.VII in the Achilles or AT 8.

- Churchill GC is a very awkward tank who's in the list because its OQF 32-pdr AT gun is a grind gun for the AT 15. However, the AT 15 also has an alternate grind gun: the OQF 20-pdr AT Gun Type A Barrel it inherited from the elite AT 7; both are equally decent grind guns so it's up to you on your preferred gun.

- General tips: Cavalier unlocks the Crusader's guns easier and a tier lower, Conway's stock gun is Tortoise's elite gun so grind Conway first, and if you want to go straight to the elite engines for the Sherman III and Firefly you can bypass the extraneous engine modules by grinding for the elite engines directly via Sexton II

France

- AMX 30

90 mm F3 (elite gun for tier 6 ARL 44, which means you grinded up to tier 9 in either LT, TD, or SPG just to get a 15,000xp discount in research. Alternatively, you could research the tech-tree Bat.-Chatillon 25 t AP, also at tier 9, also has the 90 mm F3 as stock gun, thus unlocking it just as well as the AMX 30.)

So optimized grind is:

Stop HT grind at BDR G1B. Go up the LT line, unlock Bat.-Chatillon 25t AP to unlock ARL 44's elite gun for free. Alternatively, if you have a ton of credits and went up the TD, SPG, or LT line first, just buy the AMX 30. This also unlocks the ARL 44's elite gun for free as well.

**************************************************************************************************

And I think that's all the Collector's Vehicles that do help speed up the grind. The rest of the countries don't have Collectors Vehicles, or if they do, don't speed up research at all.

best post ever +1 

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

more than 400 new vehicles are still planned for World of Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users