Bye for now... didn't want to play an arcade game anyway.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Republic_of_Ongaonga #1 Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:58 PM

Corporal

• 23712 battles
  • [SPIDA] SPIDA

Been a WoT player for ages but I think I've had enough. They promised destructible buildings, they gave us wheeled vehicles, they said they were historical, they gave us tanks that were not even ever on a drawing board. This game has become an arcade game where wheeled vehicles defy real world physics and 2 barrelled tanks more suited to Command and Conquer roam around, pay to win tanks rather than training and credit earning tanks. So many bonds, chips, cheques, rewards, tokens, battle passes, level this and level that, a myriad of junk that I cannot be bothered. Just wanted a good game really, and it was for a while. Wheeled vehicles are designed to make money by turning over games faster, quite frankly I'd prefer to play the long tense game rather than the short annoying game, but that doesn't make money and I guess they got used to money and now they don't know what to do, I guess the programming for real world physics just got to hard, tanks that disappear in front of your eyes etc. This is a downward spiral into a vortex of doom.

Dieselnuts #2 Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:16 PM

Sergeant

• 16020 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS
I like to think I have a fairly reasonable understanding of the game, but I have absolutely no idea how fast games make money? And long games don't?

NameWasStolenStresslevel #3 Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:31 PM

Captain

• 47636 battles

View PostRepublic_of_Ongaonga, on 28 June 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

Been a WoT player for ages but I think I've had enough. They promised destructible buildings, they gave us wheeled vehicles, they said they were historical, they gave us tanks that were not even ever on a drawing board. This game has become an arcade game where wheeled vehicles defy real world physics and 2 barrelled tanks more suited to Command and Conquer roam around, pay to win tanks rather than training and credit earning tanks. So many bonds, chips, cheques, rewards, tokens, battle passes, level this and level that, a myriad of junk that I cannot be bothered. Just wanted a good game really, and it was for a while. Wheeled vehicles are designed to make money by turning over games faster, quite frankly I'd prefer to play the long tense game rather than the short annoying game, but that doesn't make money and I guess they got used to money and now they don't know what to do, I guess the programming for real world physics just got to hard, tanks that disappear in front of your eyes etc. This is a downward spiral into a vortex of doom.

Bye!

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Napalmer #4 Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:44 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 50844 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

Well what genre of game did you expect WoT to be when you joined 7 years ago?

Surely a game with hit points couldn't be a historical simulator?

The game always has been and always will be an arcade tank shooter.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, KV-220-2, KV-1, T-34S, Chi-Nu-Kai, Hellcat, T37, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, King Tiger ©, T71 DA, IS-3, Super Pershing, T-54, E 50, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Strv 103B

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

NameWasStolenStresslevel #5 Posted 28 June 2020 - 09:43 PM

Captain

• 47636 battles

funny thing is how all of the sudden the game needs to be realistic in order to be fun. Not that many people were making so many threads asking for realism about SPG before the EBRs came in. Now the EBRs are beign quickly nerfed before I even had one... so quick... Its the potato PC problem I guess?? Most players who play this game have potato PC, which favor SPG gameplay/stun mechanics/reward everyone even if you didnt participate/splashing or missing shots are rewarded with 500dmg/crap in the head of slow-lightly armored tanks and then drown in the end of the game etc kind of gameplay. So much realism SPG is.... 

Meanwhile EBRs are not fit for most PCs/internet connections, for both players playing against EBR and players playing with EBR. Thats why WG is being so quicky to nerf EBRs.

Not saying EBRs arent bad for the game, they kill all my team lots of time, but at least they are there, SPG is not there, SPG is always invisible.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Ezz #6 Posted 28 June 2020 - 09:48 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72315 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I'd like to think that my farewell email would be far more interesting to read. I mean I don't disagree with some of the sentiments but I hope I'd at least break it up into paragraphs or even dot points if I'm feeling lazy.

Edited by Ezz, 28 June 2020 - 09:49 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_Sammich_ #7 Posted 28 June 2020 - 11:39 PM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 39495 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostEzz, on 28 June 2020 - 01:48 PM, said:

I'd like to think that my farewell email would be far more interesting to read. I mean I don't disagree with some of the sentiments but I hope I'd at least break it up into paragraphs or even dot points if I'm feeling lazy.

You could always put all your punctuation at the end, and ask the readers to figure out where it goes?

Trust no one, unless you have eaten much salt with them - Cicero

Puggsley #8 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:02 AM

Major

• 74761 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostEzz, on 28 June 2020 - 11:48 PM, said:

if I'm feeling lazy.

And you are in PBKAC? 

I'd suspect that a farewell monologue about the the unbearableness of the gold coffers finally being cleaned out would need all the help it could get.  

CardinalMite #9 Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:21 PM

Captain

• 31372 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPuggsley, on 29 June 2020 - 01:02 AM, said:

And you are in PBKAC? 

I'd suspect that a farewell monologue about the the unbearableness of the gold coffers finally being cleaned out would need all the help it could get.  

Well if leaving it would only be worth a mention if you could convert gold to dollars..

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

FramFramson #10 Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:30 PM

Major

• 48769 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
Leaving takes effort though!

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Puggsley #11 Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:16 AM

Major

• 74761 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostCardinalMite, on 29 June 2020 - 03:21 PM, said:

Well if leaving it would only be worth a mention if you could convert gold to dollars..

Hehehehe, Ezz has been doing that for years.

AlexTheKid72 #12 Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:47 AM

Sergeant

• 26308 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View PostDieselnuts, on 28 June 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

I like to think I have a fairly reasonable understanding of the game, but I have absolutely no idea how fast games make money? And long games don't?

In game economy and metrics.

Battles played per day/month matters to revenue stream, share sales, advertising. 100 x 6 minute games for 30 players = 10 games played each per hour. 50 x 12 minute games = 5 games played per hour each. Short games make the server look twice as busy.
In game economy also adopts a WG-leaning attitude the shorter games are, with more repair bills per player per hour. Also a short game is likely to have high damage counts on one team and low damage counts for the losing team (especially the blowouts). That means the repair bill isn't offset by damage for the losing side, great for WG in-game economics.

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 30 June 2020 - 08:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users