Clan wars is Broken.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Maverik #1 Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:49 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 26829 battles
  • [R_N_G] R_N_G

I Second this. it is ridiculous, the Rich get richer and the poor stay pore. if the team at Wargaming had any sense, they would flatten the play field to get the reward tanks, so that more players have the chance to get one, if they did this. more people would buy gold, pay for premium etc, but by making it one sided, the Smaller clan members or clan team members of clans that do not have these OP tanks available to them. they they will just loose patients, and interest in the competitive nature of the game, and just become very casual players not spending a cent on the game.
If wargaming had any intelligence in the company, who knew the basics of marketing, they would know to do the following:
1) 10 Man teams, limit to Tech Tree tanks only. 25% allocation of Reward Tanks and Weighted on Bonds. to Top 1/3 teams and any member who took part, (5 Battles)
2) Basic 15 Man Limit to tech tree tanks. 35% allocation of Reward Tanks to Top 1/3 teams and any member who took part, (5 Battles)

3) Advance 15 Man, Any Tank. 40% allocation of Reward Tanks with Gold to Top 1/3 teams and any member who took part, (5 Battles)
This will allow smaller teams to take part and not be disadvantaged. Just saying bidding with bonds is not enough, since many of the players do not have sufficient. it would be better to send out random rewards based on the more Fame points weighting, rather than bidding, and then someone with even 1 fame point would have a chance, though smaller than a player with higher amounts.
I can see, some clans breaking up, People leaving and giving up this game, due to the politics and methods Wargaming is doing to try an earn an extra Dollar, and rather than making it a fair even battle ground, they create a bunch of supper power idiots.
My Thoughts and Observations.

CelestiaLudenberg #2 Posted 03 July 2020 - 09:14 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 24103 battles
  • [B4B0] B4B0

This sort of thing is actually what killed CW, not the solution.

When you show her all 96kw from your mighty 20E

IMC_Jezza #3 Posted 03 July 2020 - 09:19 PM

First lieutenant

• 41806 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

^^  Thhhhiiiiissssss!!!!

Snowflake?

Princess?

"Personally I use my anonymizer to hide my shame at being unable to kill every clan I join despite my best attempts."

MagicalFlyingFox #4 Posted 03 July 2020 - 09:22 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35069 battles
  • [B4B0] B4B0
You know what would help the CW meta? WG balancing their reward tanks.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

stewiejp #5 Posted 03 July 2020 - 09:42 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 47172 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Balance tanks (even reward ones!) and ramp tank locking right up so it's more risky to play popular tanks for fear of having them locked out for longer. This would create diversity in tank line ups, encourage players to grind out more lines and generate revenue. It would also encourage better clans to take "less meta" tanks against lower ranked clans and save the good tanks for the harder fight.

The slowing down of tanks locking "to help smaller clans with not as many tank options" policy has inadvertently created this same old same old "meta" we have right now. (Chief, 907, EBR etc etc every ... single... game). 

#GetOnBoard Studios  -Where the magic happens GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

Final_Pandemic #6 Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:53 AM

Corporal

• 27278 battles
  • [S4BRE] S4BRE
100% Agree with Stewie here. Tank Locking is the Key.

Fanny_Chmelar #7 Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:38 AM

Hold my beer, I've got this!

• 21406 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
Yep, tank locking is a solution. But then people will complain that they only have 1 tier 10 tank and it's not fair on the least experienced clans or beginner clans. So it goes around in circles again :teethhappy:
www.twitch.tv/imc_jimmy tonking at it's most sillyest #Tier 4 Clan Wars Plz

Centurion_MK64 #8 Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:50 AM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 31850 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostRanga_IMC_Jimmy, on 04 July 2020 - 10:38 AM, said:

Yep, tank locking is a solution. But then people will complain that they only have 1 tier 10 tank and it's not fair on the least experienced clans or beginner clans. So it goes around in circles again :teethhappy:

make it T9 & 10 then there are options, most of the T9 are better than the T10 "upgrade" anyway

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

I have sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands

Puggsley #9 Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:37 AM

Major

• 74972 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

Totally agree about tank locking. 

Or have rental TX tanks which can only be used in CW. Give everyone who wants to play the ability to have 4 tanks which are able to be used. The rental ones only have 2 equipment slots to encourage people to grind out to TX (to avoid playing the worse rental tank). 

Saffelicious #10 Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:40 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 37872 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

I'm all for breaking the meta in regards to the stupid OP tanks that WG has released I.E 907 and Chieftain. 

But big tank locking is not the answer.

There needs to be some kind of enjoyment as well.

And playing Prok with E100s cause 10 other tanks are locked is not fun. 

Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

Puggsley #11 Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:58 PM

Major

• 74972 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

But isn't that part of it? That you need to manage tank availability.

I see making a change to CW to be much more likely than trying to address the huge issue that WG has made for us all with OP tanks.

Saffelicious #12 Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:59 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 37872 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostPuggsley, on 07 July 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

But isn't that part of it? That you need to manage tank availability.

I see making a change to CW to be much more likely than trying to address the huge issue that WG has made for us all with OP tanks.

You all ready have to manage tank availability as it is. 

The difference now vs say campaign 3 is that the most meta tanks are so freaking OP it's not even funny. 

There will always be meta tanks, but the difference between meta and non meta tanks now are just stupid.

I honestly believe that if you just remove reward tanks from clanwars campaigns you would see a big difference in setups tanks and ways maps would have to be played.  

And dont get me started on these stupid [edited] HP/speed boosters and whatnot they have introduced.

Here have a 279 with speed boost so it's as fast as a 50b.... 

Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

DestroyU_ #13 Posted 08 July 2020 - 01:01 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 39330 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

View PostSaffelicious, on 07 July 2020 - 02:59 PM, said:

I honestly believe that if you just remove reward tanks from clanwars campaigns you would see a big difference in setups tanks and ways maps would have to be played.  

And dont get me started on these stupid [edited] HP/speed boosters and whatnot they have introduced.

Here have a 279 with speed boost so it's as fast as a 50b.... 

The upcoming ranked battles may provide some data around this.

It will be interesting to see what effect this has on the game.

Rustyion #14 Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:29 AM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 20877 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

This is my first campaign for a few years and honestly its been pretty shit lots of people grinding every night and struggling to get a tank then you see a clanless account in the running for tank who has a 4k rating who was in one of the top tier clans for short time with 5 tier x tanks with just 200 games on those tanks combined it makes you wonder why would a top tier clan let someone with such a low rating into their clan who is benefiting here?

and then you see all the 279e in a game and the player has a 4k rating hmm makes you wonder who ground that out? clearly not that player....

AlexTheKid72 #15 Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:37 PM

Sergeant

• 26898 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View PostRustyion, on 10 July 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

and then you see all the 279e in a game and the player has a 4k rating hmm makes you wonder who ground that out? clearly not that player....

*David Attenborough voice*
Early life begins as a low tier bot on the ANZ server. Life is not easy, reports and WarGaming ban-waves kill most low pr 279e's before they leave the low tiers. The few that make it achieve symbiosis with human unicums on a payroll, and from this point the campaign missions pass like gas after a good chili dish ........... then, upon emerging as a mature 279e, control is traded for a paypal transaction..........

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 11 July 2020 - 08:38 AM.

JordyBro #16 Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:14 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 26279 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS
No rules, free for all. Can cheat and get away with it so why not boiii

Ezz #17 Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:17 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 72760 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I'm still not sure why wg doesn't just sell the reward tanks as rentals for each campaign. Cut out the middle man. If someone should profit out of it, at the very least it should help the servers stay afloat.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

wasaabi #18 Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:28 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 22914 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostRustyion, on 10 July 2020 - 01:29 PM, said:

This is my first campaign for a few years and honestly its been pretty shit lots of people grinding every night and struggling to get a tank then you see a clanless account in the running for tank who has a 4k rating who was in one of the top tier clans for short time with 5 tier x tanks with just 200 games on those tanks combined it makes you wonder why would a top tier clan let someone with such a low rating into their clan who is benefiting here?

It is a thing that good players can create a new account and play only Frontline battles to earn sufficient exp and credits to get Tier X tanks without playing random battles.  Frontline play does not show in player stats. 

Those with a 279 have played just enough random battles to earn that tank.  As others have suggested this may have been obtained with assistance that would be considered rigging to minimise the numbers of battles required.

I have had replays sent to me showing that behaviour and have submitted them to WG for review and action, so if you do see platoons on each side from the same clan and suspicious behaviour such as both platoons going to the same map location then please ensure you are saving your battle replays and send them to Customer Support directly. 

FramFramson #19 Posted 10 July 2020 - 05:05 PM

Major

• 49113 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

Reminder that account sharing is not against the TOS on our server.

I mean, paying people to grind a 279e for you is absolutely bullshit, but it's not technically against the rules.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

CelestiaLudenberg #20 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:24 AM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 24103 battles
  • [B4B0] B4B0

View PostFramFramson, on 10 July 2020 - 09:05 PM, said:

Reminder that account sharing is not against the TOS on our server.

I mean, paying people to grind a 279e for you is absolutely bullshit, but it's not technically against the rules.

Having someone grind it for you is fine, but paying them to do it is a violation.

It is the paid service part of it that is against the rules, so they usually would just claim they did not pay the person to do it, and WG can't really prove otherwise as they do not have the legal power to request financial documents of people.

When you show her all 96kw from your mighty 20E

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users