• This topic is locked This topic is locked
150 replies to this topic

Centurion_MK64 #21 Posted 06 July 2020 - 12:32 PM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 32214 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

My opinion as a long term player is this:

CW will never be free from rule breaking until the penalties are applied to match the impact it has on the game, If this was a team in WG League they would all be kicked from the competition and all rewards and prizes removed. I dont buy the "it was only one player" argument. One player who cheats breaks the rules can have a massive impact on the outcome of a game and everyone in that match benefits from the act as well as the clan as a whole.

If an individual is caught cheating breaking the rules in any team sport the w\hole team is sanctioned, it makes for an honest group. If, as they claim, the other clan members knew this was happening and were against it why didnt they contact WG and ask for action to be taken rather than sit back and now complain because the facts came out. I didnt see anyone stepping up and becoming a whistle-blower. Why did they ready up for the battles rather than sitting them out?

Other teams have put in a massive effort to play to the rules and their efforts have been diminished by the failure to remove every single member of both clans from the Alley of Fame.

And in case you are wondering, for all the above reasons I dont do CW as a competitive player anymore. I turn up and help out when the clan needs me to, so no I am not worried by the lack of a tank.

Edited by Centurion_MK64, 06 July 2020 - 12:34 PM.

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

I have sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands

_Sammich_ #22 Posted 06 July 2020 - 12:40 PM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 42198 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View Postwasaabi, on 06 July 2020 - 02:57 AM, said:

It is not uncommon in such situations for the leader to be sanctioned in the same way on the principal that if they were not involved then it shows poor leadership.  ie. you take responsibility for everything under your watch.  In at least one of the clans involved the leader has been in this situation more than twice.

Surely a 3 strikes and you’re out policy should apply here.

Reading is hard...

DragonCheese #23 Posted 06 July 2020 - 12:43 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 41752 battles
  • [LEFT] LEFT

i couldn't agree more Centurion, right on the money for me.

jumphonner #24 Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:00 PM

First lieutenant

• 62508 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Has there been an official announcement on this forum or the website about these shenanigans?  Not everyone partakes of Discord.

Purveyor of Misinformation, Infamous BOT, Seal Clubber, Stat Padder and Skrublord. Mates of the Corrupt and The Sage of Asia ™.

3 MOE: Eagle 7 2 MoE: 212A, M53/M55, T28HTC, SU100, KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

Occasionally seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard

https://www.twitch.tv/jumphonner

Ezz #25 Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:02 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I suspect wg aren't all that keen to air their dirty laundry.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

JordyBro #26 Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:15 PM

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 26371 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View Post

If an individual is caught cheating breaking the rules in any team sport the w\hole team is sanctioned, it makes for an honest group. If, as they claim, the other clan members knew this was happening and were against it why didnt they contact WG and ask for action to be taken rather than sit back and now complain because the facts came out. I didnt see anyone stepping up and becoming a whistle-blower. Why did they ready up for the battles rather than sitting them out?

Other teams have put in a massive effort to play to the rules and their efforts have been diminished by the failure to remove every single member of both clans from the Alley of Fame.

So right mate, I heard a certain officer tried to hide behind the fact that he didn't agree with what was happening, bull**t then why wait for the evidence to come up??? why not take the initiative and say something or bring it to wg's attention. Instead they are all having a laugh at the situation, moved onto another dodgy clan and will reap the rewards over others who continue to play legit. I'ts turned into a joke

Ezz #27 Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:19 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73775 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
For mine, and this goes for a range of shit from botting, illegal mods to cw cheating, if the shit is still happening, then the punishments clearly aren't working effectively as a deterrent. If precedents were set and yet it's still going on, then change the precedent.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Saffelicious #28 Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:19 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 37884 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostCenturion_MK64, on 06 July 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:

My opinion as a long term player is this:

CW will never be free from rule breaking until the penalties are applied to match the impact it has on the game, If this was a team in WG League they would all be kicked from the competition and all rewards and prizes removed. I dont buy the "it was only one player" argument. One player who cheats breaks the rules can have a massive impact on the outcome of a game and everyone in that match benefits from the act as well as the clan as a whole.

And in case you are wondering, for all the above reasons I dont do CW as a competitive player anymore. I turn up and help out when the clan needs me to, so no I am not worried by the lack of a tank.

Even in WGL the teams caught only got a slap on the wrist half the time. 

We lost out on was it $5000USD or whatever it was when the chinese teams rigged towards the end of the season and got 2nd place instead of us. 

Punishing 180-200 players for the action of 1-2 people seems a bit harsh.

In saying that if I was on the other end I would probably say punish them all.

In regards to the rigging I still dont even understand what the hell is going on and not even bothered to really get the full story. 

We were all ready ahead of everyone else and I would say 95% certain of winning, so in reality what happened did not really affect anyone else on the leaderboard.

I would only assume atlus would have been 2nd no matter what as well. But again in saying that, punishment needs to be handed out. 

I left for central coast on day 2 and came back yesterday to this shit show. 
Should I be denied a chance for a reward for something that had absolutely nothing to do with me? 

Just perma ban the people that cause the issues and maybe on day it will be "semi" clean campaign. 

or at least perma ban them from anything clan wars related. 

Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #29 Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:35 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 81910 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
Unfortunately the system is broken which means it will never be fair...

"oNlY tOxIc PlAyErS bLaMe ThE tEaM fOr LoSiNg"

Still waiting for techtree-based CW

CelestiaLudenberg #30 Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:51 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 24436 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

The people who were put into the rigged games weren't really benefitting much, as even without the rigging aspect of it one team was going to get the points and the others were not. 

From what I understand the amount was pretty equal, so the personal fame impact is pretty negligible as when not rigging both sides were equal, but I uinderstand where you are coming from.

The players themselves in the games that were thrown/rigged also got personal sanctions for it, several people were posting screenshots of them being banned for throwing/suiciding etc, others in the same battles who chose to play properly did not get such sanctions as they personally did not break the rules.

If you read the CW rules/regulations they very clearly state that personal in-game violations are handled separately from clan sanctions. i.e; Officers who set up the rigged games were banned and the clan was sanctioned, the other players who were put into said games were sanctioned based on if they were actively and clearly throwing, rather than just playing properly but lose because the rest of the people threw.

When you show her all 96kw from your mighty 20E

Dieselnuts #31 Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:51 PM

Staff sergeant

• 16219 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostSaffelicious, on 06 July 2020 - 03:19 PM, said:

Should I be denied a chance for a reward for something that had absolutely nothing to do with me? 

Yes. If no one is talking, then ban everyone who benefits unless those responsible own up to it.

CelestiaLudenberg #32 Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:53 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 24436 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

View PostDieselnuts, on 06 July 2020 - 05:51 PM, said:

Yes. If no one is talking, then ban everyone who benefits unless those responsible own up to it.

Except that makes no sense as Saffe did not benefit from any of it, the personal benefit would be if you got a shitload of points from being in a rigged game where you are supposed to win, there are no other benefits for the players. So considering Saffe was literally not there for any of it, he did not benefit in any way at all, and that can easily be seen by WG via the battle logs.

SLAV_ROBIN #33 Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:54 PM

Professional Runner Away-er

• 31326 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSaffelicious, on 06 July 2020 - 05:19 PM, said:

Just perma ban the people that cause the issues and maybe on day it will be "semi" clean campaign. 

or at least perma ban them from anything clan wars related

four campaigns in a row, this would have been a good idea....

2nd Gen Pyromaniac, born of the ANZAS winds.......crazy commando of anzaf of old, and namer of BadIntent..

"He Bravely Ran, where no man would run..."

LOOK! a wild Robin appeared! "YIKES!!~~~RUN AWAY~~~~"

PBKAC, proudly Sponsored by the WGM

Saffelicious #34 Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:55 PM

Master flipper !

• Live Streamer
  • 37884 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

View PostDieselnuts, on 06 July 2020 - 04:51 PM, said:

Yeah but that would imply that people knew what was going on.

Which im pretty sure was not the case.

And there was no benefit for me.

Also was any games actually rigged in game?

Edited by Saffelicious, 06 July 2020 - 01:57 PM.

Pubbie 1
"You guys run around in t10 tanks with, prem consumables, prem rounds, prem crews and even prem modules and that is not fair on the newbies in t8, how do you expect the server to survive if this is what they get from your clan. Some of us want this server to survive."
Pubbie 2
"What's pathetic and un Australian is you and the other [edited] complaining about those here behind their backs on the other forum. What's pathetic is thinking you are better than others on forums and in the game and big noting yourself when blind Feddy can see your sudden improvement on purchasing vpack"

Dieselnuts #35 Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• 16219 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

It would suck for the innocent people caught up in it, but they should be more careful who they associate with. As stated before, this is what, 4 campaigns in a row? That we know about anyway.

I also don't buy the "no one benefits" rhetoric. If no one is benefiting from match rigging why does it keep happening?

CelestiaLudenberg #36 Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:06 PM

On Conan's Naughty List

• 24436 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

"More careful who they associate with" 

As if people know if someone is going to rig a game in the future. People with a track record of doing it? Sure. The people in this instance? No.

If you do not believe the 'rhetoric', in what way did Saffe or myself benefit from people the respective clans rigging, if Saffe was not there to take part, and I wasn't either due to only doing the first hour then going to bed?

steeve_old #37 Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:10 PM

Corporal

• 42049 battles

every year same old scat

maybe if clan leaders where held accountable for clan actions it might stop

feel a little bad for the players who went along with this particular bit of stupidity but if your gunna stick your arse in the wind..... 

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #38 Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:11 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 81910 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Play with fire

Get burned

Blame an unfair fire

"oNlY tOxIc PlAyErS bLaMe ThE tEaM fOr LoSiNg"

Still waiting for techtree-based CW

Dieselnuts #39 Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:15 PM

Staff sergeant

• 16219 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

You might not have been in any rigged battles, but you still benefit by being in a clan that won fame from other rigged battles.

Centurion_MK64 #40 Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:16 PM

Wait I have'nt seen this mod before?

• Senior Moderator
  • 32214 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

This has been ongoing for as long as CW has been played on this server right back to season one and onwards. Who remembers the action taken by Tanitha to disband clans and remove the whole lot from the events.

And it doesnt matter if you got a few or a lot of fame points, there is no such thing as a little rigging or cheating.

I am here to help, please don't hesitate to PM Me
For help and gameplay advice please try the WG Wiki or contact Support

I have sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users