Crew transfers (none premium vehicles)

crew crew transfer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ozoddball #1 Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:12 AM

Private

• 1139 battles

Hello all, question here about setting up a crew for multiple tanks on none premium vehicles.

If I want to move my crew from a Matilda to the Cavalier (i.e. both British mediums). I understand that there is a retraining penalty; therefore, I might use gold to get them back up to 100% knowing that their perks and additional skills are not affected. So, I now have fully trained crew and all of their additional skills and perks on the Cavalier…all good so far!

If I then want to move them back to the Matilda, do I have to go through the same procedure or are they already classed as fully trained on the Matilda and hence, I don’t get penalised for moving them back?

Going forward I can rotate this crew between both tanks without penalty (just like a premium tank but without the perks of additional silver and xp).

Thanks.

Puggsley #2 Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:33 AM

Major

• 76312 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

No they are now trained for the Cavalier and you would have to pay to put them back into the Matilda.

They forget fast... 

ozoddball #3 Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:27 AM

Private

• 1139 battles
Thanks, makes sense really....forcing you to use the premium vehicles for training!

wasaabi #4 Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:40 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23330 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

You have the option to move crews without cost, with credits or with gold for retraining with different penalties for each.   One of the benefits of premium tanks is to use as a crew trainer as crews of the same nation and tank type don't need to be retrained to use in a premium tank, however this does not change the need to retrain crews as you move them up the tiers so learn how to manage your crews in this respect.

You can learn more in the wiki at https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew#Training_and_Retraining_in_the_Major_Qualification

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

john_mitch_1 #5 Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:01 PM

Corporal

• 10059 battles
  • [MARD] MARD

View Postozoddball, on 07 July 2020 - 08:12 AM, said:

Hello all, question here about setting up a crew for multiple tanks on none premium vehicles.

If I want to move my crew from a Matilda to the Cavalier (i.e. both British mediums). I understand that there is a retraining penalty; therefore, I might use gold to get them back up to 100% knowing that their perks and additional skills are not affected. So, I now have fully trained crew and all of their additional skills and perks on the Cavalier…all good so far!

If I then want to move them back to the Matilda, do I have to go through the same procedure or are they already classed as fully trained on the Matilda and hence, I don’t get penalised for moving them back?

Going forward I can rotate this crew between both tanks without penalty (just like a premium tank but without the perks of additional silver and xp).

Thanks.

john_mitch_1 #6 Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:04 PM

Corporal

• 10059 battles
  • [MARD] MARD
I've had that exact same question for awhile myself. It seems a bit costly and unfair to make you have to retrain again once the crew has been trained in multiple tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users