Premium without Food

tanks premium tanks food premium pay to win

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

nadoblabla #1 Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:48 PM

Private

• 6666 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

I realize that I spend too much money on buying tanks that I don't even like or perform well with it. Of course "well" for scrubs like me is not 55% wr, it's simply me enjoying the game without dropping to sub 45% and still creating tons of money. 

But I also realize that I might not play this game forever and has no intention to extend my premium time beyond this 1 year that I currently have, so I am asking for forums here on

what are the premium tanks (tier 7 and 8) that work perfectly fine without food or heavy investment on crews/bond equipment?? 

Of course, since it's RNG based, sometimes 10% food boost does not matter at all, but after seeing some people play most of them are running food on all of their tanks on tier 8+ (something that is not affordable for standard, non premium account) to stay competitive, I just want to know what are tanks that are still competitive even without any kind of boost. Don't assume my skill or preference, just think that we all are the same being with the exact same skill.

Holeinthehead #2 Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:59 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 58407 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
Look to missions . You can almost sustain all your needs from there . Don't go crazy trying to every single one though . Pick the simple ones so you don't go insane .

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

Puggsley #3 Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:00 PM

Major

• 74972 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

What is perfectly fine?

Is it credit making?

Seeing as it is you playing it then how you play is critical. 

The best premium will be one which fits with your playstyle and where you can just slot into it. 

Eg the STRV is considered a good credit earner because the standard round is high pen, you don't need to hit the 2 key very much. But unless you have a playstyle which complements that tank then you will make bugger all in it and struggle to win.

For example I have a 58% WR in the Skoda T27, and a 47% WR in the STRV. I make a bucket load more credits in the Skoda than the STRV because it suits my playstyle a lot better.

But for a great overall tank I'd take the T44 100, or the Progetto. Might be a disaster for you though. 

Or start another account and invite it through the referral program and get a T8 prem for free.

Edited by Puggsley, 22 July 2020 - 03:01 PM.

nadoblabla #4 Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:32 PM

Private

• 6666 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

View PostPuggsley, on 22 July 2020 - 02:00 PM, said:

What is perfectly fine?

Is it credit making? Yes sir.

The best premium will be one which fits with your playstyle and where you can just slot into it. | I am comfortable as long as it's not autoloader, not light tanks, and does not have horrible accuracy and penetration (so I miss less)

Eg the STRV is considered a good credit earner because the standard round is high pen, you don't need to hit the 2 key very much. But unless you have a playstyle which complements that tank then you will make bugger all in it and struggle to win.

For example I have a 58% WR in the Skoda T27, and a 47% WR in the STRV. I make a bucket load more credits in the Skoda than the STRV because it suits my playstyle a lot better.

But for a great overall tank I'd take the T44 100, or the Progetto. Might be a disaster for you though. 

Or start another account and invite it through the referral program and get a T8 prem for free. | I never even think about it. Brilliant idea!

MaxandChloe4ever #5 Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:10 PM

Bish Bash Bosh

• 15272 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N
Every tank in this game can work without food or improved equipment. It all comes down to the player. 
Spoiler

nadoblabla #6 Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:33 PM

Private

• 6666 battles
  • [PASTI] PASTI

View PostMaxandChloe4ever, on 22 July 2020 - 04:10 PM, said:

Every tank in this game can work without food or improved equipment. It all comes down to the player. 

Of course sir. Technically every tank can work just fine even with 50% crew. What I ask is what are the tanks that are competitive enough against food-equipped player when the tank itself is running without food

S3mbr3ak3R #7 Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:36 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 27667 battles
You might do self-assesment like what is your playstyle And use that to choose premium tanks before buying them like watching youtube videos specially by players that do tank reviews they might help u with decision. 

Holeinthehead #8 Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:44 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 58407 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View Postnadoblabla, on 22 July 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

Of course sir. Technically every tank can work just fine even with 50% crew. What I ask is what are the tanks that are competitive enough against food-equipped player when the tank itself is running without food

Re my reply . Why run without food ?

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .

MaxandChloe4ever #9 Posted 22 July 2020 - 06:25 PM

Bish Bash Bosh

• 15272 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

View Postnadoblabla, on 22 July 2020 - 05:33 PM, said:

Well, your question is inherently flawed then. You are comparing a tank to a player. There is no comparison there, you can only compare tank-to-tank or player-to-player.

So let me make this simple for you: If 2 players of the same skill level are playing the same tank, and they are firing at each other at point-blank range stationary, if one of them is using food, that player would most likely win the duel.

It all comes down to the players, really. If you are skillful enough, you can beat a player that is using food, improved equipment, and has 6 skills on their crew. 

Though I would say this, the difference of a not very skillful player using or not using food is probably negligible, since the player himself is not good enough to take advantage of the extra stats the food offers.

Spoiler

FramFramson #10 Posted 23 July 2020 - 03:46 AM

Major

• 49113 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostHoleinthehead, on 22 July 2020 - 04:44 AM, said:

Re my reply . Why run without food ?

To make more creds per game? I use food on only 2 of my T8s (of which I have a dozen or maybe more now) and on less than half of my T9s. Only TX gets all food, since if you're losing money anyway, might as well go all-in.

Below TX, I never use food, unless I'm trying to 3-mark something (not that I have NEVER 3-marked a tank, so it's not like food has ever made that difference for me on its own), or for my T7 and T6 LTs for view range but that's getting kind of clubby.

Food only makes a real difference very occasionally. There are way way more important factors, as others have explained many times already.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #11 Posted 23 July 2020 - 08:50 AM

Captain

• 48110 battles

View Postnadoblabla, on 22 July 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

I realize that I spend too much money on buying tanks that I don't even like or perform well with it. Of course "well" for scrubs like me is not 55% wr, it's simply me enjoying the game without dropping to sub 45% and still creating tons of money. 

But I also realize that I might not play this game forever and has no intention to extend my premium time beyond this 1 year that I currently have, so I am asking for forums here on

what are the premium tanks (tier 7 and 8) that work perfectly fine without food or heavy investment on crews/bond equipment?? 

Of course, since it's RNG based, sometimes 10% food boost does not matter at all, but after seeing some people play most of them are running food on all of their tanks on tier 8+ (something that is not affordable for standard, non premium account) to stay competitive, I just want to know what are tanks that are still competitive even without any kind of boost. Don't assume my skill or preference, just think that we all are the same being with the exact same skill.

With premium account running and playing a premium tank, you should be able to make tons of credits already (and I would not recommend using credit boosters in RB, leave these for FL for maximum effectiveness).

Get a tank with high pen on standard ammo like 240~ and preferably a mobile tank with good VR or good camo, to maximize your assist+dmg that will generate your main income.

Also what are you talking about Food is completely wrong and mislead way of thinking. Any premium tank we recommend to you will be just BETTER if you use food, will make more credits on average if you use discount Food than if you play cheap.

Buy food while on sale for 50% discount, its only 10k. You will be spotting more for your team even when you didnt think you could. Spotting or assist will easiely pay those 10k spent and even double that up in profits.

The most important advice:

Win games while doing dmg+assist. So Worry about 10k spent on Food is the wrong mindset because you first need to worry about winning the game while doing lots of dmg and minimizing gold ammo to only situations where it would be unsure if you can pen a game losing target. Pen him, win the game, and you get more credits than if you go and lose a game because of some bad economy advice someone gave you.

PS. Forgot to mention the importance of food is also related to the fact that spotting your own targets means more credits than someone else spotting it for you. So even if u are at same spot with another tank, whoever of you have best VR will get the full credits of that dmg dealt, or will get only 50% of it. Thats why it makes a huge difference using discount Food.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 23 July 2020 - 08:55 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Puggsley #12 Posted 23 July 2020 - 09:58 AM

Major

• 74972 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

First off I'd read the section on credits to understand how credits are earned.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics

Most of them are from damage where you are spotting yourself and spotting for others.

The biggest modifier which is applied to this is damaging higher tier tanks, winning the battle, and getting epic medals or platoon ones.

You need to develop your skills to be able to consistently do damage and assist (spot or tracking) others if you want to grind credits. So you have to be on the frontlines (maximises damage output and spotting for others). As Name says adding food gives a good payback because you spot more and can put out more damage in a given amount of time.

You also need to understand vision and camo mechanics so you can spot well and stay concealed as much as you can. Vision is important because you are gaining 50% of the credits for anything you assist, and give away 50% of the credits for anything where people are assisting you.

Tracking is a really easy source of credits for any tank because you don't have to pen. If you watch some of the better players you will see them sometimes give up a damaging shot to track the enemy because they know their allies will kill it faster than they can reload. So they might give up 400 damage but gain 1500 assist (which counts as 750 damage).  

Then if you are spotted you need to understand how armour works so you stay alive for longer.

See how little of this depends on the tank? Its mostly about you as a player.

Pick a tier which you can do decent damage in. T8 might or might not be appropriate. Then pick a tank you can do well in. A premium tank will give you a 50% bonus (as will premium time). 

You will soon see that being bottom tier is not a bad thing because you generate more credits for damage and assist (which you don't have to pen to achieve) on high tier opponents. And while winning gives you a good XP bonus, it is not nearly as big as far as generating credits goes.

JDBC567 #13 Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:59 PM

Corporal

• 548 battles

I run the concealment directive on my tier 4 stug 3b while using the sniping gun.
I only lose credits on a loss(still not always) and I'm not the best player so I don't cause a while lot of damage or a lot of assists.
I don't know about higher tiered but till tier 5 at least, running food doesn't equal to to credit loss and as credit earning goes up till tier 8(am I right?), You shouldn't be losing credits in a tier 8 tank running food

Also, you shouldn't starve your crew. It's inhumane. Look what the world is coming too money over lives. So sad

Edited by JDBC567, 23 July 2020 - 01:00 PM.

Holeinthehead #14 Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:23 PM

Captain

• Beta-Tester
  • 58407 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostFramFramson, on 22 July 2020 - 07:46 PM, said:

To make more creds per game? I use food on only 2 of my T8s (of which I have a dozen or maybe more now) and on less than half of my T9s. Only TX gets all food, since if you're losing money anyway, might as well go all-in.

Below TX, I never use food, unless I'm trying to 3-mark something (not that I have NEVER 3-marked a tank, so it's not like food has ever made that difference for me on its own), or for my T7 and T6 LTs for view range but that's getting kind of clubby.

Food only makes a real difference very occasionally. There are way way more important factors, as others have explained many times already.

Not sure how much clearer I can be . I run food , Auto fire ext , Large Repair etc . I pay for none of them other than my time . I do not have premium . If the op is worried about the cost and or being able to use consumables once premium expires there really is no need .

Hence my original statement :

"Look to missions . You can almost sustain all your needs from there . Don't go crazy trying to do every single one though . Pick the simple ones so you don't go insane "

Organon #15 Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:29 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 23553 battles

View Postnadoblabla, on 22 July 2020 - 06:48 AM, said:

Progetto or EBR

IAOSIHanaReVana #16 Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:18 AM

Corporal

• 3675 battles

the 112 is decent even for a tomato like me, on average games i gain net profit of about 30k credits, if you don't shoot gold of course, so you gotta play smart. Meanwhile if you spam that 250 pen HEAT like no tomorrow, you can STILL net around 10k credits if you don't miss.

as you can see i'm a red hot tomato

NameWasStolenStresslevel #17 Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:05 AM

Captain

• 48110 battles

Just had a quick time travel back into the old days and realized I used to be a very cheap player when regarding food consumables. Simply because in my mind it was too expensive to buy something that would improve my crew by "only" 10%. So these are the tanks I would think to be fine without food:

Tier 5: M10 RBFM, Chinukai

Tier 6: T3485M, Bretagne Panther

Tier 7: M56 Scorpion

Tier 8: Maybe Progetto and Skorpion G could do it, BUT why would you be so cheap in a tier that makes so much money (tier 8)??? It literally buys 5 food consumables if you just lose the game. So for every 1 food you use and get 5 back if you simple lose the game while doing an okay dmg spoted by your own.

Side note, from the tanks above only the Chinukai, T3485m and M10 RBFM I actually played myself without food (still play, in the case of M10RBFM). All the others I am just saying  I think they could work well without food.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 02 August 2020 - 10:12 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

LonesomeWombat #18 Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:52 PM

Private

• 269 battles
  • [WOMBA] WOMBA

View PostPuggsley, on 22 July 2020 - 03:00 PM, said:

What is perfectly fine?

Is it credit making?

The best premium will be one which fits with your playstyle and where you can just slot into it. 

Or start another account and invite it through the referral program and get a T8 prem for free.

Probably the smartest thing you've ever said on here. Actually it is the smartest, take a bow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users