3 x SPG on HK server is toxic and ruins the game

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

DestroyU_ #1 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:24 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 40627 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

As per the title, this is a major issue. I have no doubts that having 3 spg almost every game is hurting the playerbase in terms of retention and attracting new players.

This is a real issue. I am not sure why it is so bad on HK, maybe there are lots of players with no skill who want to try and get high damage, I don't know.

The staff have all the analytics and I am sure it is not hard to see that 3 spg is a game breaker.

Is this going to be the future?

Ezz #2 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:27 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73680 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's bad because the bots worked out that running m44s is both profitable even on non premium and wg's policing is largely ineffective in stopping them.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

DestroyU_ #3 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:36 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 40627 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

View PostEzz, on 15 September 2020 - 02:27 PM, said:

It's bad because the bots worked out that running m44s is both profitable even on non premium and wg's policing is largely ineffective in stopping them.

Yeah its tier 6 and tier 10 that seem to be the worst.

There are some maps that are open and you literally cannot be safe from SPG, you get spotted you die. It is not enjoyable for anyone except SPG players.

It was refreshing recently during the CS marathon, there seemed to be no one playing SPG at tier 8 and everyone was having great games.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #4 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:43 PM

Captain

• 49830 battles
literally the worst thing in this game. The map rotation is already bad enough, now put 3 spg in this mess and the games just get complete shit either by complete camp or due to team dying to it, splash through walls. I dont recall a single time when spg splashed me for less than 400 dmg. Its depressing and breaks fun. WG joke on playebase saying "spg is necessary for fighting strong hulldown tanks".. What a complete joke excuse is this?? Its like giving the playerbase the middle finger and saying "sort out your own problems, spg is there to balance the game that we couldnt balance by our own". Needless to say that SPG dont fight the tanks they are supposed to/balanced to, its like saying that light tanks are sure to do their job, which we know they dont. Complete joke to have spg in the game.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Wodka_Warrior #5 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:54 PM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 20646 battles
  • [TATI] TATI

Id like to 1 per side but I'll compromise on 2.

3 is to much.

Lupi #6 Posted 15 September 2020 - 05:10 PM

Private

• 26624 battles
  • [ETC] ETC

its the culture of the region

non confrontational

shoot from distance

if each server had a class that defined its culture, HK's would be the SPG

NZ_Tanker #7 Posted 15 September 2020 - 10:15 PM

Corporal

• 7576 battles
  • [-VAM-] -VAM-

News flash the money hungry wargaming dont care, i havnt seen a post from any real war gaming staff im pretty sure there staff never read this boards. 

mttspiii #8 Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:14 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33647 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

I've always said it as a half-meant joke, but 15v15 all-arty Himmelsdorf battles just become better and better looking as a solution.

Drains away all the excess SPG players from the game, and traps all 30 bots in a 15-minute draw since no one's spotting for them. Not only does WG stop losing players, WG also minimizes the effect of botting.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

TrinityShock #9 Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:39 AM

Staff sergeant

• 31167 battles

Whinging about arty is toxic and needs to be removed from the game.

Arty has already been nerfed almost to the point of being useless and can't platoon with other arty (the only class that can't platoon) whilst a platoon of wheelies does a lot more to ruin the game.

Get over arty being in the game already.

We wanted better MM, they gave us Wheelies 

Where are the new maps designed for all tank classes?

DestroyU_ #10 Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:47 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 40627 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

View PostTrinityShock, on 16 September 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

Arty has already been nerfed almost to the point of being useless and can't platoon with other arty (the only class that can't platoon) whilst a platoon of wheelies does a lot more to ruin the game.

Wheelies ruins the game more than arty? No chance

At least they require skill to play well. I love getting a Pascucci's or Dumitru's  in my EBR. Punishing those loser SPG plkayers sitting on the redline

Just looked up your stats. I guess you are the prime candidate for an SPG player. 1100wn8 @ tier6 after 30k games.

Edited by DestroyU_, 16 September 2020 - 09:54 AM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #11 Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:50 AM

Captain

• 49830 battles

View PostTrinityShock, on 16 September 2020 - 10:39 AM, said:

the forums are here to expose the opinion of the comunity, get over it. 

Also, what you doing is whinging about people who have a different opinion of you - thats the only toxic thing here.

Whats the point of spg platooning with spg?? Are u interested in doing what in a spg platoon? Makes me wonder the kind of player you are.

-SPG platooning with any other tank is already OP enough, no need to let spg platoon with spg. This stupid class could basically allow ONE PERSON to control a platoon of 3 spg from the same house.... And there is a reason why WG removed platooning of spg, because they aknowledge that its broke and stupid.

This thing dont have place in this game, there is not even premium tank for spg, which means wg knows they will have to keep changing this stupid class.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 16 September 2020 - 09:53 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Puggsley #12 Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:53 AM

Major

• 75619 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostDestroyU_, on 15 September 2020 - 04:24 PM, said:

As per the title, this is a major issue. I have no doubts that having 3 spg almost every game is hurting the playerbase in terms of retention and attracting new players.

This is a real issue. I am not sure why it is so bad on HK, maybe there are lots of players with no skill who want to try and get high damage, I don't know.

The staff have all the analytics and I am sure it is not hard to see that 3 spg is a game breaker.

Is this going to be the future?

Can you elaborate a little more about why they ruin the game. You note its a major issue and a real one, but you don't actually say what the issue is. How do you expect anyone to change it if you don't give reasons? 

Puggsley #13 Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:55 AM

Major

• 75619 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 16 September 2020 - 11:50 AM, said:

This thing dont have place in this game, there is not even premium tank for spg, which means wg knows they will have to keep changing this stupid class.

uhmmmmmmmmmm........ you mean except for the premium arties that already are in the game?

Ezz #14 Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:57 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73680 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I find 3x M44 more damaging to the game than the upper tier arty. The interplay between track repairs and reload of mid tier arty can really mess up a battle for anyone they target - human or bots.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

DestroyU_ #15 Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:29 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 40627 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

View PostPuggsley, on 16 September 2020 - 10:53 AM, said:

Can you elaborate a little more about why they ruin the game. You note its a major issue and a real one, but you don't actually say what the issue is. How do you expect anyone to change it if you don't give reasons? 

I mean it is pretty self explanitory. You don't see any issues with having 3 SPG every game?

I know you play the AU server. What is the most common gripe when AU players are forced to play on HK? My ping is bad/lag and 3 SPG every game.

Murovanka tier 10 game, 3 spg. You are in a 279e, where would you play?

Malinovka Tier 10 game, 3 spg. You are in a 277, where do you play?

Kharkov Tier 6 game, 3 M44. You are in a T34-85, where do you play?

The point is you make a play, you are focused and die in 1 or 2 volleys. The game is extremely stagnant, promotes camping and punishes those that try to make a play. This is frustrating for anyone not in an SPG.

Like 'Wodka_Warrior' touched on, 1 is reasonable. 2 is a compromise and somewhat manageable, but 3 completely ruins the game.

Just like in ranked, where there are limits. I put forward the request that SPG be capped at 2 per game. This would improve majority of the server populations gaming experience in my opinion. As evidenced in this post, I am not alone in this belief.

Puggsley #16 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:36 PM

Major

• 75619 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

View PostDestroyU_, on 16 September 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

I mean it is pretty self explanitory. You don't see any issues with having 3 SPG every game?

I know you play the AU server. What is the most common gripe when AU players are forced to play on HK? My ping is bad/lag and 3 SPG every game.

The point is you make a play, you are focused and die in 1 or 2 volleys. The game is extremely stagnant, promotes camping and punishes those that try to make a play. This is frustrating for anyone not in an SPG.

Like 'Wodka_Warrior' touched on, 1 is reasonable. 2 is a compromise and somewhat manageable, but 3 completely ruins the game.

Just like in ranked, where there are limits. I put forward the request that SPG be capped at 2 per game. This would improve majority of the server populations gaming experience in my opinion. As evidenced in this post, I am not alone in this belief.

I am not so arrogant as to think that I know what other people think about issues. And as a general rule when people say things are pretty self explanatory its often a sign that it is not.

When there are 3 arty in the game then I need to play slightly differently. But only slightly.

• I need to make sure that I am absolutely not fighting next to anyone (making myself a tempting target). This goes pretty much for any game with arty. Its the worst thing you can do by far.
  • I need to be aggressive so that I get as close to the arty as soon as possible to negate their shell arc.This also increases the effectiveness of my arty because they will get a better shell arc.
  • I know there are less field tanks so I might have an easier time fighting in cover. Good aggressive positions become move valuable with there are fewer field tanks.
  • I need to keep the enemy lit as much as possible so my arty (a damage accumulator) has as many chances to fire at the enemy as possible. 

Recently I have been playing on ANZ because of the latency issues, but mostly I play on HK for higher tiers. And I accept 3 arty games as the price for having zero arty games.

I don't really have that much of an issue with 3 arty games, its another challenge to deal with. I know my views are not favoured in some quarters, but they work for me. I watched a lot of streams a while ago while sick to understand the impact on arty xvm sniping on good players and learnt a huge amount. I just apply what I observed. 

People might have a negative view of seeing a 279e in the opposition line-up when they don't have one.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #17 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:40 PM

Captain

• 49830 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 16 September 2020 - 03:36 PM, said:

I am not so arrogant as to think that I know what other people think about issues. And as a general rule when people say things are pretty self explanatory its often a sign that it is not.

When there are 3 arty in the game then I need to play slightly differently. But only slightly.

• I need to make sure that I am absolutely not fighting next to anyone (making myself a tempting target). This goes pretty much for any game with arty. Its the worst thing you can do by far.
  • I need to be aggressive so that I get as close to the arty as soon as possible to negate their shell arc.This also increases the effectiveness of my arty because they will get a better shell arc.
  • I know there are less field tanks so I might have an easier time fighting in cover. Good aggressive positions become move valuable with there are fewer field tanks.
  • I need to keep the enemy lit as much as possible so my arty (a damage accumulator) has as many chances to fire at the enemy as possible. 

Recently I have been playing on ANZ because of the latency issues, but mostly I play on HK for higher tiers. And I accept 3 arty games as the price for having zero arty games.

I don't really have that much of an issue with 3 arty games, its another challenge to deal with. I know my views are not favoured in some quarters, but they work for me. I watched a lot of streams a while ago while sick to understand the impact on arty xvm sniping on good players and learnt a huge amount. I just apply what I observed. 

People might have a negative view of seeing a 279e in the opposition line-up when they don't have one.

u only talking about how u play the game, not about how your teamamtes play. Needless to say the games get just more boring regardless of any of it, for most people, you are simply describing your very own experiences abour spg here, and thats okay, but dont expect that to change the general feeling others have about spg, and also dont expect your playstyle to work on other peoples framework in the game.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #18 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:44 PM

Captain

• 49830 battles

View PostDestroyU_, on 16 September 2020 - 01:29 PM, said:

if spg worked against heavy tanks I would be fair less inclined to criticize it. But constant set on fire while splashed, shot on the move and de-tracket, stunnet and dead crew for missed shots, 400dmg minimal rolls when hit, teammates camping, no one getting important locations etc, have made me hate spg. Splashing behind cover, and if you are low HP u just dead regardless because any splash kills you. Just stupid and shit class.

and the general feeling of my spg simply being always bad then the enemy spg (even if for some statistician is just "feels" and no valid data, it doestn matter, its a feel that needs to be taken in consideration by game developers, it destroy experience).

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Lupi #19 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:49 PM

Private

• 26624 battles
  • [ETC] ETC

View PostTrinityShock, on 16 September 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

low tier arties (tier 6) are toxic and OP

not good for player retention as tier 6 is the new tier 1 for most new players who skip the old lower tiers

Lupi #20 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:51 PM

Private

• 26624 battles
  • [ETC] ETC

View PostDestroyU_, on 16 September 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

Wheelies ruins the game more than arty? No chance

At least they require skill to play well. I love getting a Pascucci's or Dumitru's  in my EBR. Punishing those loser SPG plkayers sitting on the redline

Just looked up your stats. I guess you are the prime candidate for an SPG player. 1100wn8 @ tier6 after 30k games.

lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users