Should weegee allow boosting again

Mountain Goat Stupid Small Maps

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Wodka_Warrior #1 Posted 15 September 2020 - 05:09 PM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 20646 battles
  • [TATI] TATI

Although there are plenty of maps rotation is pretty lame at times...to shake things up ya reckon some areas should be opened up for more "dynamic" gameplay?

I'd be up for it if ALL classes of vehicles could get there not just sneaky cheese wedges and lights.

Thoughts? 

Puggsley #2 Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:37 AM

Major

• 75619 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

+ many

By chance was just fondly remembering this the other day while trundling forward on Mountain Pass.

CardinalMite #3 Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:44 AM

Captain

• 31737 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Not sure about this one, some of the locations were pretty cheesy and could seriously unbalance maps.

Also given some of the new equipment and how it can affect ground resistances and engine power, exactly what would be able to climb would become very unpredictable.

I would however like for them to fix the soap rocks physics which can really screw you over sometimes within parts of the map that are perfectly legitimate to drive across.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

MagicalFlyingFox #4 Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:07 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35455 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

View PostCardinalMite, on 16 September 2020 - 01:44 PM, said:

Not sure about this one, some of the locations were pretty cheesy and could seriously unbalance maps.

You say that like there are maps that aren't already incredibly unbalanced anyway

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

CardinalMite #5 Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:13 PM

Captain

• 31737 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 16 September 2020 - 05:07 AM, said:

You say that like there are maps that aren't already incredibly unbalanced anyway

Fair point. I guess I mean "even more unbalanced."

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

NameWasStolenStresslevel #6 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:51 PM

Captain

• 49830 battles

Yeah the map rotation tho is pretty shit quite often to me to, got agree that it would help if they really make map rotation instead of repeting same maps per day.

I would be okay with simply opening more and new corridors for flanking etc. For example those "grey areas" in many maps that are occupied by natural obstacles like mountains or unnacessable hills, opening them and turning them into accessable areas for everyone would be okay. Not sure about boosting tho, if you mean boosting is something that only specific tanks/platoons will have acess to, then I dont like the idea. But if you talking about areas that any tank or anyone can acess, then okay seems fine to me. Airfield is so dumb with that large 30% of the map grey area, thats one example of grey area in many maps that would help removing. 

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Wodka_Warrior #7 Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:55 AM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 20646 battles
  • [TATI] TATI

Yeah I mean open up some short cuts/new brawling areas sick of the funnel zones where heavies have to go here TDs have to go there. 

As for boosting make a proper pathway for every tank class to get there but make it dangerous to take shots - no monster hulldown positions or broken bushes. 

Oh and yes fix those damn soapy rocks FFS!!! 

CardinalMite #8 Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:03 AM

Captain

• 31737 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I could totally get behind expanding some maps to make use of all the unused space and allow additional flanking opportunities etc. Essentially though if a pathway is possible for any tank to drive up, then it isn't really what we term a "boost" position, so it's a bit of a terminological argument around the definition of boost. Boosts for me were always locations the map designers never intended any tank to be able to drive to and so weren't accounted for in the map balancing such as it was.

I do find it silly how some maps like Airfield are actually tiny but take up a much larger area due to huge swathes of inaccessible terrain.

JellyBob_ #9 Posted 21 September 2020 - 05:09 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 50287 battles
  • [7ACAV] 7ACAV
I give up

Edited by JellyBob_, 21 September 2020 - 05:10 PM.

Puggsley #10 Posted 22 September 2020 - 07:41 AM

Major

• 75619 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS

I sometimes play WoWS and one of the maps is just flat, no cover, open water. Use vision, teamwork (destroyers lay smoke for their battleships and cruisers to use, then get out front and spot) and the team which concentrates fire better wins. Fabulous for a change. 

I also like the use of weather to restrict vision to add another dynamic. Means you cannot have full use of render distances. If there is an 8km limit of vision and you have 25km range you cannot see the target and must close to within 8km to be able to see enemy. Might be in play for 5 minutes of the game. Would be an easy addition to WoT, and would help reduce campiness. 

They also change the scale of the maps to reduce vision saturation.

MagicalFlyingFox #11 Posted 22 September 2020 - 02:32 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35455 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS
We've been asking for bigger maps for years.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #12 Posted Yesterday, 01:32 PM

Captain

• 49830 battles
They gave us those grand battle maps... They are horrible imo, have disabled them by default. Its bigger but dont feel better at all, at least for me, they feel much more corridor than normal maps, maybe its just that i didnt master them i dunno, maybe its the TD lanes that i didnt master make those maps feel too corridor and teams too campy. Ensk is an example of small map that did well and its fun to play. Its one of the most dynamic maps I enjoy playing. But the my real issue is with the map rotation, every time feels elhaluff time... Chinese border/pearlriver/abbey repeat combo with a small stop to play kharkov again...

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users