Suggestion WG: Game streaming of WoT, at least for replays.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

CardinalMite #1 Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:58 AM

Captain

• 31737 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

So it occurred to me that given the issues people so often complain about with latency problems, to either server; that now you are starting to see game streaming services from the likes of Microsoft, Google, Sony etc. This could be a good option for WoT.

Some of these services seem to have pretty much solved input latency as an issue except in the most extreme bandwidth limited scenarios.

Basically what this would mean is that you could play the game on extremely low end PCs, even on devices that aren't PCs with good framerates and graphics quality.

It would also reduce options for illegal modding, although perhaps if WG could add in a few more QoL mods to the interface that would be good.

WG could charge a subscription fee roughly equivalent to the VPN services. Not have it replace the free to play client but as an option.

Perhaps even if it seemed too much expense to fully provide this service, even a cut down version that just gave the ability to temporarily upload replays, so that they could then be streamed and watched by others then that would be a great addition to the game.

I find often people share a replay in a forum post, but I don't have a game client computer to hand to watch it. This could make it possible to review replays and share advice from mobile phones for example. It would not have to be in high quality graphics either, something really simplified, even with no textures at all would be fine for this purpose.

Of course this would not directly make money for WG, however it may go a long way to improving players experience such that it encourages them to play (and thus pay) more. It might help foster a more helpful forum environment and go some way to being able to quickly debunk some of the tinfoil theories and team blaming.

Anyway just a thought..

Edited by CardinalMite, 16 September 2020 - 07:09 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

Wodka_Warrior #2 Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:02 AM

Potato Juice Connoisseur

• 20646 battles
  • [TATI] TATI
This makes to much sense so it won't be implemented (^~^;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users